Horrible Day at the Gym

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Do you ever get that one day at the gym, where you do your warmup, go into your first set the same as you would do everyday, seemingly ready to just kill **** for the next hour or so, and once the set starts, it's just total ****? Then you're so disgusted and defeated that you have to just chalk it up as a bad day and leave.

Today was that day for me. Squat day, I've been battling with 275 trying to get it for 20 reps. Last week was 16, the week before 14, the week before 12. Today I got 10. It didn't feel right from the get-go, but I tried to go through with the set anyway, seeing as I drove all the way to the gym, timed meals and supps accordingly, ect. 10 fucking reps, from 16 last week. WTF? :frustrate Whatever motivation I had before I started was sucked right out of me. So I had to leave, and call it an "Off Day".

Now my whole split is F'd up. Tomorrow was supposed to be off, not today, and then Sunday was scheduled to be Chest and Back. So do I re-attempt squat day tomorrow, or do chest and back tomorrow now? Then if I do chest and back tomorrow, do I squat Sunday or just skip a week? If I squat Sunday, then that pushes back my Deadlift day(which is normally the day after chest and back) to God knows when. :rant:

I don't really want answers to all those questions. I'm just wondering if this same **** happens to everyone? One bad day throwing off everything?

This is especially bad when one or more things in your normal life aren't going too well, and you rely on having insane, foaming at the mouth training sessions to keep your head held high. So not only does it throw off your training, but it throws YOU off as well.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup been there for that same reason man. I found trying to push myself too hard too often was part of the cause along with stress in my life. wife, kids, work the whole deal was too much and it would screw up my whole week trying to juggle everything around.

Take a day or so off and get your head back in the game. Buy a cd and listen to some good music and get some sleep is my humble advice.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I'd just skip leg day and do it next week like nothing happened. Did you start pct yet?

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I did chest/back today (was origionally scheduled for tomorrow). It went pretty smooth, strength was the same as last week, sorta. I benched 245X7, which is what I got last time I benched. Both times no spot. The last time I felt like I could have gotten 8 or even 9, but I had no spot. This time the 7th rep was kinda a struggle. I was using a new bar that the little gym just got (cause I bent the last one :twisted: ), and this bar is a piece of ****. The grip markers are off. The grippy part on the one side is at least 1 inch longer than the one on the other side. So if someone puts both hands on the rings than they're gonna be all kinds of unbalanced. Plus the bar is a little thin in diameter for my liking, it's chrome (I hate chrome bars :smite: ), and it hurt my wrists a lot more than benching usually does. :rant:

I didn't get as many sets in as I would have liked, due to abnormally sick pumps. Maybe 6g/day of CEE with Tauine really IS a bit too much. I don't know... :think:

I think a big part of my "problem" is this... I just moved into my own apartment. I've never had my own place before, and never paid my own electric bill. So I'm trying not to turn on the AC at all for the 1st month, to get a "baseline" of what I'm gonna have to fork out, and take it from there. Basically it's hot as ****, and I wake up several times in pools of sweat. Plus I'm sleeping on the couch because I don't have a bed yet. The other day my sleep was particularly shitty, and I had to set my alarm to wake up in time to make it to the gym that actually has a squat rack. So I got a lower quantity of worse sleep than I'm used to. I can't wait till the 1st, when I'll have a brand new king size bed and the will to turn on the AC! :D