Gut Health and antiobiotics

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I most likely have strep throat which I caught from my daughter. What is the best practice with probiotics in regards to usage with antibiotics? Should I discontinue the use of Gut Health during the course of antibiotics, or is it ok to continue with the Gut Health during antibiotic treatment?

I have been prescribed penicillin for the infection, and culture results will be available on Monday. My daughter has already had a positive culture test for strep.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I myself would stop while on antibiotics, and then go right into 2 Gut Health a day for 5 days after your antibiotic is over.

However, that's just my opinion dsade or MidwestBeast would be the best to answer.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I most likely have strep throat which I caught from my daughter. What is the best practice with probiotics in regards to usage with antibiotics? Should I discontinue the use of Gut Health during the course of antibiotics, or is it ok to continue with the Gut Health during antibiotic treatment?

I have been prescribed penicillin for the infection, and culture results will be available on Monday. My daughter has already had a positive culture test for strep.
No need to discontinue. Take the probiotics a couple hours after the antibiotics.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As antibiotics wreck havoc on your microbiome. Gut Health and probiotics from food would be something i would personally keep taking and even upping the amount if i had to take antibiotics.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the responses everyone. Based on my own research I had come to the conclusion that current research seems to support ingesting the probiotic 2 hours after the antibiotic dose. I'll double up on Gut Health for the duration of treatment, and possibly for another week afterwards to help rebuild/maintain healthy gut flora.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To go along with this, my old partner, Par Deus, has finished his Shock Therapy formula - the first exciting new release from the master of Avant Labs in years.

I'll be bringing in some bottles to offer with Gut Health. This is basically like a huge cleanse formula for pathogenic gut bacteria that you will use for a few days, then double back up with Gut Health for 5 days (then down to normal dosage) to dramatically reprogram your gut microenvironment.