Zma?

Kilo1636

Kilo1636

Awards
I've read about ZMA online, some saying its very good, and some saying it doesnt do much more than make you sleep deeper. Does anyone know from experience ZMA is really effective?

NOTE: I am focusing more from a strength pov than a bodybuilding pov. I am 19yo and 155 and I am more interested in strength and endurance than I really am size.

Thanks for the help!

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ZMA is just a blend of minerals in short. I don't know if it's necessary to take @ your age (our age, cause I'm 18 going on 19) but I don't really think it is.

ZMA also helps you get good sleep which will serve you very anabolic and beneficial.

Speaking from experience: I wouldn't know because I've never tried ZMA. Never saw a point in it. If you need help sleeping, take some Valerian Root or Melatonin, maybe even some turkey. lol

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I have tried ZMA, but even though I liked it the first time, It was the Prolab one. I felt rested and ready to go in the morning.The 2nd time was Ultimate nutrition and I was feeling tired all day. So I just put that in the garbage.

The only downside is that it has to be take on an empty stomach. I eat before going to bed, and my stomach is never empty. So it's hard to figure sometimes when to take it, or it will have no effect on sleep.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking Prolab ZMA right now, I can't say I've noticed much really.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
You might notice alittle better sleep for a week or so nothing really more than that. Waste of money if you ask me, go buy 30lbs of chicken breast its more beneficial

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
The thing is you have to take it on an empty stomach. I find it's really hard to notice effects.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
If you are interested in gainiing strength, eat more, and lift like a power lifter, you will gain strength.

Kilo1636

Kilo1636

Awards
Thanks guys! everything youve said pretty much just confirms what i had thought, but it was nice to see i was on the right track.

I have begun eating and lifting like a powerlifter more, but I am an athlete and cant really afford to put on much extra weight other than muscle weight. are there any supplements designed more strength/endurance focused than growth focused?

I am currently using SizeOn, Superpump250 (thinking about switching to SNS CVM Xtreme or SciFit Kreation). Im looking for something to add to this stack (or replace this stack with if yall know something better?)

Once again, thanks for the in-put.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I would add a multivitamin, I use Ultimate Nutrition's , add fish oils,(NOW is good and cheap), and if you have extra cash, I would try something like powerfull, cissus, symmetry, activate, X-Factor(for this one, cut the fish oils), Anagen, Ecdysten, etc...

Kilo1636

Kilo1636

Awards
I am using a multi, i didnt say that i guess bc i include it with protein powder as a "given" i guess. lol. and im not so sure about the natural herbal anabolics, i hear alot of mixed reviews and i dont really have the money to gamble the expense. thanks for the help though.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am using a multi, i didnt say that i guess bc i include it with protein powder as a "given" i guess. lol. and im not so sure about the natural herbal anabolics, i hear alot of mixed reviews and i dont really have the money to gamble the expense. thanks for the help though.
With USP, it's definitely not a gamble just a good investment.

Kilo1636

Kilo1636

Awards
so what product do you think would be best for my purposes? cissus or powerfull?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I have ordered symmetry, I can tell you how it goes when I am done if you like. I might do a log on this, or depending on opportunities I have, if I am not selected for a bulk prod. I will def. do a log on this one.

Kilo1636

Kilo1636

Awards
thatd be great, let me know how it goes- good luck!

and i do have one more question about zma (lol you guys must think im such a newb with all these questions...), it promotes better sleep, does that mean that i will get more out of my sleep (i only really get about 5-6 hours a night) or does that mean i will sleep deeper and not wake up to my alarm (as if thats not already all to easy to do)?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
thatd be great, let me know how it goes- good luck!

and i do have one more question about zma (lol you guys must think im such a newb with all these questions...), it promotes better sleep, does that mean that i will get more out of my sleep (i only really get about 5-6 hours a night) or does that mean i will sleep deeper and not wake up to my alarm (as if thats not already all to easy to do)?
It promotes better sleep (only temporarily in my experience) but if you're only sleeping 5-6 hours a day then I doubt it'll make much of a difference. Try to get 8 hours if you can.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
ZMA is an awesome product and why it's so effective is because most athletes are deficent in zinc and magnesium.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
ZMA is an awesome product and why it's so effective is because most athletes are deficent in zinc and magnesium.
Yes, it's true, but a lot of other nutrients compete for the absorbtion of those minerals, I don't think it's very convenient.

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes, it's true, but a lot of other nutrients compete for the absorbtion of those minerals, I don't think it's very convenient.

I pop some ZMA every night with Melatonin. When I don't take the ZMA(like if I run out), I notice my dreams seem less vivid and even less frequent, if that makes sense. I do seem to get a better night's sleep and wake up well rested, although I do sleep 7-8 hours. ZMA is fairly cheap, so I take it mostly for the sleep quality.