Zcol's log

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agree with the straps for Kroc rows. As I try to get heavier each time, it is the grip that fails, not the pull.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My programming called for 4 sets of 3 at 235 tonight! Thought that was funny. But I had a terrible workout; tried a sample of Stimaholic and the yohimbine killed me. Decimated my endurance and gave me cold sweats and tremors. Sounds like you were more successful! Weight is moving good broheim.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree with the straps for Kroc rows. As I try to get heavier each time, it is the grip that fails, not the pull.
Me too. With the 100s I can get about 15 before I just can't hold it any longer, then I just wrap a strap around the bar and do about another 10.

Solid pressing Z.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
My programming called for 4 sets of 3 at 235 tonight! Thought that was funny. But I had a terrible workout; tried a sample of Stimaholic and the yohimbine killed me. Decimated my endurance and gave me cold sweats and tremors. Sounds like you were more successful! Weight is moving good broheim.
yeah that is funny.. Is there a specific program your following?.. I'm so stim tolerant its ridiculous,I need a stim break, I take eca just to stay awake at this point

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Me too. With the 100s I can get about 15 before I just can't hold it any longer, then I just wrap a strap around the bar and do about another 10. Solid pressing Z.
haha I wish I could hang on for 15 reps... I was tipped out at 8 my grip was doneee... Small hand problems smh

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
11-13-14
Power back/hyper chest
Bb row- 135x6 155x6,6,6
T bar row- 115x6 145x6,6
Pull-ups- 15,10,5
Incline bb bench- 135x12 155x8 175x6+2
Slight decline db bench- 50s x12 60s x8 65s X11
Machine fly- lots of reps holding at contraction
Low pulley cable crossover- 12,12,12

I liked using the machine fly once I got to the pulley my chest was so pumped it hurt to do the crossovers, looking forward to squats tomorrow I'm still unsure of what I'll use for my working weight

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yeah that is funny.. Is there a specific program your following?.. I'm so stim tolerant its ridiculous,I need a stim break, I take eca just to stay awake at this point
Currently finishing the 4th week in a Cube Kingpin cycle for lower body and Cube Predator for my upper (Predator is a bench specialty template Lilly developed while he's been coming back from having his knees blown out). Gotta say, it has been awesome benching twice a week; loving it. Lord knows my bench needs some love.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
11-14-14
Legs heavy squat
Squat- bar x10 135x8 185x5 225x5 275x3 315x1 345x1 365x1 315x3,3,5,5,5
Block pulls (4 inch)- 135x5 205x3 275x3 325x3 375x1
Hack squat machine- 12,8,8
Lying leg curl- 12,12,12+a bunch of partials
Somersault squats- 10,12,12

Great leg day, the singles were "over warm ups"
And I was gonna do 5 sets of 3 at 315 but I felt great and just kept going, the block pulls felt good, back didn't hurt at all, which was surprising I haven't pulled anything heavy in 8-10 weeks, I was gonna go even heavier but I didn't want to push my luck

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that's awesome, hope they'll be doing a Christmas/new year sale... That's when I'll be buying all my products for the run I want to do in January dmz/trest
I see you are thinking Trest over Dermacrine. That's the way to go. Wish I had.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I see you are thinking Trest over Dermacrine. That's the way to go. Wish I had.
is the dermacrine not keeping lethargy at bay like you thought it would?... I'm thinking the trest will be better for lethargy, but I'm gonna dose it higher than just as a test base, but I'm unsure how much it will add to the cycle

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
is the dermacrine not keeping lethargy at bay like you thought it would?... I'm thinking the trest will be better for lethargy, but I'm gonna dose it higher than just as a test base, but I'm unsure how much it will add to the cycle
Actually doing fine if not great for the lethargy. It's the libido that's nonexistent. Plus just gains wise I should have gone with Trest.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trest is better in every way; it's a very powerful hormone. Only drawback is making sure you keep e2 at bay with a good AI the whole time. Trest aromatizes to methyl estradiol that loves to get down with your titty receptors if you don't protect them right.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Actually doing fine if not great for the lethargy. It's the libido that's nonexistent. Plus just gains wise I should have gone with Trest.
I was mainly going to run it due to the gains it could add, I'm going to be bulking so hopefully dmz/ trest / foodadrol will do me right

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Trest is better in every way; it's a very powerful hormone. Only drawback is making sure you keep e2 at bay with a good AI the whole time. Trest aromatizes to methyl estradiol that loves to get down with your titty receptors if you don't protect them right.
I was thinking about grabbing exemestane to run on cycle but I was told formestane would suffice

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was thinking about grabbing exemestane to run on cycle but I was told formestane would suffice
If you have gyno, probably not. If you're not sensitive and don't have pre-existing gyno, you'll prob be fine. I'd just keep it on hand in case and go with the formestane if so. Ironflex's Formabolic and OL's TransFORM are legit. Just finished formabolic and been using TransFORM - both are great.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Exemestane is my go-to. Always have it on hand for every cycle and pct regardless of the compounds. I will probably use it when I run trest. Phrase of the day...Titty-Receptors!!! Runner up...FoodaDROL. LOL

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Exemestane is my go-to. Always have it on hand for every cycle and pct regardless of the compounds. I will probably use it when I run trest. Phrase of the day...Titty-Receptors!!! Runner up...FoodaDROL. LOL
Haha I chuckled when I typed it even, sadly. Exem supports natty test production too in PCT, so it's great there as a bonus.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
My cycle is planned as this
Dmz- 40/40/60/60/60/60
Dermatrest- 50/50/50/50/100/100/100/100
Tr3st- 25/25/50/50/50/50/50/50

Hoping to gain quite a bit while staying lean, I'm still cutting now... I'm going to cut till after Christmas and then reverse diet for 2-4 weeks then start this cycle

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
11-15-14
Shoulders/arms
Chin ups- 10,10,10
Standing OHP- bar x12 95x8 125x5 155x1 140x5,5,5,5,5
Partial side laterals- 60s x15 70s x15 80s x15
Rear delt db fly- 35s 12,10 20s x12,12
Bb curl- 10,10,6,12,12
Hammer curl- 12,12,12
21's- 2 sets
Dip machine- 8,12,8,8,12

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pounded out those squats man. Very nice.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Those were way heavier than I though I would be squatting

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I have about 6 weeks left of my cut and for the rest of the way I was going to incorporate lyle McDonald's stubborn fatloss anyone have any experience with that?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have about 6 weeks left of my cut and for the rest of the way I was going to incorporate lyle McDonald's stubborn fatloss anyone have any experience with that?
I like the McNuggets and Big Mac...

I don't have any experience with it.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
It's more or less just a cardio protocol... I'll probably benefit from just because I'll actually be doing cardio... I hate cardio

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate it too. I need to start some up also.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
My weight has become stagnant at 181-185 depending on carbs/water weight and my bf% seems to have stalled, I think I'm very very slowly recomping at this weight my lats seem to be growing and I'm getting stronger, but my goal atm is to cut so I figure the next step is cardio... I don't want to lower cals any more, because except for my cheat meal day my cals are 2000 or lower

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How old are you?

I'm not a nutritionist, but at some point I think you have to start training your body's metabolism to utilize more calories. With the WO's you do, unless your metabolism is just way slow, I'd think you could cut at a higher number of calories. This may be what has plateaued in you.

My very first cut I stalled and I was doing 2/days and my cals were at 1800-2000, not including one cheat meal a week. When I finally said screw it and upped my calories is started dropping weight up to 3100 calories. Crazy...

Just a thought. You may have it more dialed in than I did.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I'm 21 and I think my metabolism is just slow, after this cut I'm going to reverse diet and attempt to rebuild my metabolism, I've gone through a couple bouts of not eating more than maybe 750 cals a day lasting roughly 3 months that's happened twice once the first time I stopped using drugs and then again after I relapsed, the last time was 2 years ago but I never attempted to rebuild my metabolism, after the last time that happened I got back in the gym and was tracking my cals... I was gaining weight at 14-1600 cals a day... Sh*t was ridiculous... But bottom line I agree with you I need to get to where I can handle more calories

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
And maybe I should attempt a week or 2 at higher cals, maybe the low cals are stressing my body to the point that it's hanging on to everything it can get

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And maybe I should attempt a week or 2 at higher cals, maybe the low cals are stressing my body to the point that it's hanging on to everything it can get
Maybe try adding 50-100 more per day for a couple weeks, then again, etc., and see how your body responds(?).

Several years ago I had a doctor recommend a 500 cal/day diet for a month and it did absolutely nothing positive for me.

Nice job staying clean! I have someone very close to me that recently hit his 8 month mark.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I read a study that basically concluded that the body, for short periods of up to about 2wks, can handle a fairly significant surplus of calories in a positive fashion. I can't remember the size surplus, but it was substantial, and the males gained an average of 6lbs in 2wks. Of that, like 4lbs at least was muscle and the rest fat. After the 2wk mark though all the gains became fat.

I can't remember if they were lifting weights or not, but it's not really relevant. The point was, if you've been at maintenance for a while and go into a surplus for a short spell, the weight gain will be more brawn than bulk. Just don't make it a lasting thing.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
So go to a surplus for roughly 2 weeks, then reduce cals again ( maybe not as low as they are right now) just kind of revamping my cut?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can relate. I was a hardcore drug user for many years, 15 To be exact. Clean 5 years next month. And my body chemistry and metabolism was whacked out for a long time after I got clean. Probably just really got balance and control this past year. Your body will eventually find balance and respond. Also congrats on staying clean bud.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read a study that basically concluded that the body, for short periods of up to about 2wks, can handle a fairly significant surplus of calories in a positive fashion. I can't remember the size surplus, but it was substantial, and the males gained an average of 6lbs in 2wks. Of that, like 4lbs at least was muscle and the rest fat. After the 2wk mark though all the gains became fat. I can't remember if they were lifting weights or not, but it's not really relevant. The point was, if you've been at maintenance for a while and go into a surplus for a short spell, the weight gain will be more brawn than bulk. Just don't make it a lasting thing.
Doing this myself right now trying to add a few pounds. Came off a cut, then trying to add a few pounds on cycle and couldn't get the scale to budge for a month eating at 300 over maint. Last 2 weeks I just said screw it and started pounding down everything I can. Suddenly hopped up 10 pounds literally in 3 days, so starting tomorrow it's back to 300 above and see where I land. Metabolism is a funny thing.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So go to a surplus for roughly 2 weeks, then reduce cals again ( maybe not as low as they are right now) just kind of revamping my cut?
Exactly. If you add in 600 cal/day for 2 wks from now, you will most likely gain weight, but it's not gonna be all fat. Then you can drop some cals back again and see if anything starts moving. If you add 600 for 2 wks and then drop 400 off that and you get the fat loss moving again, you're now eating 200 more cal/day AND successfully cutting.

No promises, but in general when things stagnate some kind of change needs to be implemented. Moving macros around significantly, upping cals for a short spell, adding more drugs or different compounds (more for a serious contenst prep), adding cardio or lowering rest times or upping volume.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly. If you add in 600 cal/day for 2 wks from now, you will most likely gain weight, but it's not gonna be all fat. Then you can drop some cals back again and see if anything starts moving. If you add 600 for 2 wks and then drop 400 off that and you get the fat loss moving again, you're now eating 200 more cal/day AND successfully cutting.

No promises, but in general when things stagnate some kind of change needs to be implemented. Moving macros around significantly, upping cals for a short spell, adding more drugs or different compounds (more for a serious contenst prep), adding cardio or lowering rest times or upping volume.
I agree with all of this, especially with keeping some of the calorie increase after the run.

Macros... They are a finicky thing.

Edited for spell checking.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree with all of this, especially with jelling some of the calorie increase after the run.

Macros... They are a finicky thing.
You ain't kidding....I don't have to worry about it really, thankfully.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
11-17-14
Power chest/ hyper back
Bench press- barx15 95x10 135x6 185x5 225x3 250x2,2,2,2,2 200x5,5
Incline db bench- 70s x6 80s x6 85s x6
Rear pull-ups- 13,10,9
Wide grip pulldowns- 15,15,15
Lat stretchers- 12,12
Face pulls- 12,12

The 250 started rough but at the 3rd set I got into my groove and the last couple sets were smooth
I think that might be a pr on the incline dbs by 1 rep
I'm listening to the idea of upping cals but I gotta say raising cals makes me nervous, I'm very close to my goal and have only just now implemented cardio, I'll be going into a bulk in 6 weeks... I'm still unsure on what I'll do

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Don't go crazy with it then; keep it super simple. Maybe add the exact same thing every day, like 2 rice krispy treats post workout or split up with a meal that already contains carbs on off days. I've heard more than a couple coaches advocating these in prep just because they're convenient and preportioned and who doesn't love them?? But even say 300 calories of carbs added postworkout on lifting days only could be the bump you need to see things move.

I'm not even sure I buy into the anabolic window crap; I've read multiple studies that challenge it effectively, but a lot of people like the idea of it and you're usually hungry then anyway is why I suggested that.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
11-19-14

Sumo deads- hit tons of reps at different weights worked up to a single at 305 then went to 205 for a set of 12 my first time trying these and they feel much better than conventional stance, next week I'll hit these again and go for a true max so I can program these into my routine,
Then I hit a bunch of random ab stuff, no real direction today just got in the gym and did some random stuff

Going to up my cals for the next week and a half or 2 weeks depending on how I feel about it, I went way higher than I wanted to yesterday and hit 3100 cals, damn Mexican food haha

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416569019.382024.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416569027.191617.jpg

1 relaxed and one flexed, current state of the abs, weighed in at 182.5 this morning

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
11-21-14
Back power/chest hyper
Pendlay row- 135x6 155x6 175x6 175x6
Chest supported tbar row- 90x8 135x6 160x6
Weighted pull-ups- 25x6 25x8 25x6 25x4
Slight incline db bench- 60s x12 70s x12 80s x8
Slight decline db bench- 60s x8 45s x10 50s x8
Low pulley cable crossover- 12,12,12
Face pulls- 20,15
Good day in the gym first time on the pendlays I'll go heavier next time, my chest is toast, and I can see a vein coming all the way across my chest now... I wonder what it'll be like when I do my cycle...

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lot of people are switching to sumo's and saying they like them better. I've yet to try them, but I guess I need to give them a go. I haven't tried Pendlays either…

Looking sexy my friend.

No Homo

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Haha thanks, and conventional stance never felt right my best pull was 405 and it was so much strain on my lower back,, my legs can go much heavier my lower back was the limiting factor, so I decided to switch and the sumos feel much more natural

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm the total opposite. Sumo's feel so un-natural for me, so I have gone away from them. Conventional feels the most comfortable. Whatever works is the key. Looking good man, you have that upper arm/shoulder split that I'm trying to get to pop out. Now who's jealous of who?

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, whatever lets you pull the most weight, injury free. And haha thanks, I guess everybody has some body parts that stand out, downside to my shoulders is that since their overdeveloped compared to my other body parts they take over on a lot of my lifts