Yohimbine Homebrew

ShadowJack

Board Supporter
Awards
Don't know much about dosages of the lipoderm
Just for reference purposes:

Lipoderm-Y has a solubility of 25mg/ml (6g Y-hcl in 240ml bottle). 1.5 squirts = 1ml.

Par's stated "max" dosage is 10 squirts 2x per day. Total application with 20 squirts per day would be 333.33mg of Y-hcl.

Gmonkey

Awards
So is bdc or you curt going to make this mix available for use with y-hcl?   I am too lazy to make my own mixes.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
If you are willing to test it. I have a bottle i wil send you . You have to get the Y for it but the rest i will give you. But you must keep VERY accuarate track of things. Let me know. I can have it out to you right away.. Talk to ya..

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by curt2go
If you are willing to test it. I have a bottle i wil send you . You have to get the Y for it but the rest i will give you. But you must keep VERY accuarate track of things. Let me know. I can have it out to you right away.. Talk to ya..

Y-HCL powder is available at 1fasts site if you wanna pick up a couple grams...

peace

WYD

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Hey WYD do you want the brew? Talk to ya...

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Hey WYD do you want the brew? Talk to ya...

Definitely!  and if you could make two bottles, I'll have my girlfriend try it out as well.  I just need to purchase the powder.

Thanks

WYD

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
I will have to warn you its green. Iused colored aloe gel. I will wip up another batch and send then to you... We will work out details later.. Like address... Talk to ya..

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
I will have to warn you its green. Iused colored aloe gel. I will wip up another batch and send then to you... We will work out details later.. Like address... Talk to ya..

LOL - Does it rub on green and stay like that? hahahah, people will think i have fungus growing off me!! Jk :)

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
No it rubs in awsome. It is mentholly for about 5 min as well. Talk to ya..

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
hey curt, i'd be willing to test it out, as well, if you wanted. but i was curious, what sort of bottle did you put the lotion in? i'm trying to think of a container that would be accurate for squirts.
also...where are you getting your menthol from?

p_zub

Awards
one question...I'm not all to aware of this compound, but what's the androstenetriol for?

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
http://www.avro.co.za/misc/about_skincare/about_skin.html

thats a cool link to learn about the different layers of the skin, has a cool diagram too.

http://www.dmso.org/subLevels/what.htm

now for me, that dmso site didn't do much, b/c I don't really speak the language of some of you freaks, but maybe it can tell you something. With regards to the question whether or not to add it. I emailed the DR. Jacobs guy a question, I will post his response if any. (doubtful, though I tried to sound like i knew something)

This is a real good thread, I bought and still have some of the originaly yohimburn formula (i think they changed it). Honestly think it works well. NO lie, my boobies were feeling kind of soft, by my nips over the past week or so, yesterday morning I put some y-burn on, for real they aren't as soft as they were 2 days ago.

Can't wait to see some feedback.

h19

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
Don't know if anyone is still keeping up with this thread, but I emailed Dr. Jacobs, who seems pretty knowledgable on DMSO. He did get back to me and this is what he said.

"Please feel free to call my office 503 494 8474 to discuss between 10:00am and 1:00pm pacific time._ Link to Jacob lab : www.jacoblab.com
_
Stanley W. Jacob MD"

I really don't want to call, because I might sound real dumb or something if he starts getting too technical. So if someone would like to call, like BDC, or whoever that can speak the lingo, please do . Let us know also.

h19

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
any recent news when you might be selling this stuff on the site? also if you need anymore testers count me in... :)

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
BUMP...let's revitalize this project

Reports => if you have them let's get them on here.
Observations => start typing...that info is golden
Research => if you've done some post it here

Let's get going on this... :)

BigAl

Awards
based on curt's last recipe...

i did some lookin' up and came up with some resources and pricing...i was basing on what the minimum i had to buy to make a 240ml batch....i opted to show the lower pricing, not taking in account shipping or getting from one source if possible...some guys may have some ingredients already...here they are with links and price/qty:

aloe gel .... $6.25/qt
Isopropyl Alcohol - 99 percent.... $10.00/qt
http://www.lemelange.com/oil_liquid_cream_wax_a_-_b.htm

menthol crystals....$4.49/oz
http://www.theeyeofnewt.com/store/html/items/SPECIALTY_PRODUCT_Menthol_Crystals.asp

propylene glycol.... $8.49/8oz
http://www.theeyeofnewt.com/store/html/items/SPECIALTY_CHEMICAL_Propylene_Glycol.asp

DMSO .... $9.95/pt
http://www.vetamerica.com/dmso997pur1p.html

YOHIMBINE HCL .... $9.95/per 3g
http://kilosports.com/productdesc.cfm?ProductName=YOHIMBINE%20HCL

hope this helps out some...i've ordered my goodies and will give it a try...

:D al

Last edited:

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
WOW WOW WOW. When making the 15% menthol solution you need to use menthol usp. Meaning 100% menthol crystals. If you mix only 15% menthol crystal up you will only have a 2% menthol solution... Just watch out for that... Talk to ya....

PS Good post though

BigAl

Awards
hey bro, thanks for the catch! i was copying and pasting stuff from your ingredient list and accidently copied the 15%...got it fixed now...the crystals are ok....thanks again, al

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
HOLY COW! 6 pages of good stuff...how about someone make a new thread and summarize the info in this one? It will help development and maybe cut the time down to a few weeks...

Bryan

Awards
Will Y-HCL homebrew be available on BDC soon Chemo? I'm really itching to try this stuff!

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
doesn't appear to be. I say make your own, it doesnt seem all that hard.

however, i would opt to not use peppermint oil, **** burns and you never really get used to it..and it smells a lot so you can't go anywhere after applying it.

i know that was in the old yohimburn receipe, not sure whats out there now

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
so any info on it, or is it secret?

When would you estimate its coming out? You think by June?

ALso is there peppermint oil in it?...

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
WYD have you started yours yet???? Come on use the freebee..... Talk to ya...

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
so any info on it, or is it secret?

When would you estimate its coming out? You think by June?

ALso is there peppermint oil in it?...

We will release more details after everything is finalized.

I am not the expert on transdermals by any means, so the final formula is not my call. We may be experimenting with a couple things to make this bad boy more effective - the basis however being the formula outlined in this thread.

As it stands now, it should not be a problem bringing T-Heat to the board members by June. Of course, we are not dealing with a couple bottles here, so there is more planning involved with acquiring materials, manufacturing, brewing, etc.

As more information becomes available, we will be sure to let you all know.

Thanks again
WYD

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Looks like PA is introducing a topical fat loss product with both 6-OXO and formestane in it. Anyone care to speculate as to how these products would be useful in a topical fat loss product?

katmai201

Awards
So i read 6 pages of good info...but did anyone actually test the homebrew? what were the results?

milk dud

Awards
would pepermint oil,aloe vera,aspercream,yohimbine be a good mix

nsruffryder34

Banned
Awards
  • Established
We need to get rid of the DMSO in the recipe and add Benzyl Alcohol. Otherwise the recipe is good and will work just as good as lipoderm. We cant use Benzyl Al. in an actual product though because I believe Par has a use patent on this. But it would be ok to use in a homebrew, and this would now create a localized Yohimbine product. With the DMSO I think we were getting too mcuh absorbed systematically. The benzyl should solve this and creat a kick ass recipe.

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Dmso helps with dissolving though, i've found that if i didn't use it it would clump up. Maybe replacing with ba (which i've never tried) would work to keep dissolved. I'll try this next bottle i make.

nsruffryder34

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The Benzyl A. should disolve the Yohim. fine. I found that all I need to do is disolve the yohim and whatever other ingrediants in the Iso Prop. and then add it to the aloge gell. This would work even better with the BA. I think we should try a homebrew of Lipoderm Ultra.
This is what im thinking:

Same Yoihim homebrew formula but instead of DMSO add 2% BA. Also drop some of the ISO and add 3-4% more BA. BA is the main ingrediant which causes the localized delivery. This is what we want, we want as little system uptake as possible.

Now .... for every 4oz of homebrew add
3.5 grams Yohim. HCL
1gram Of Green Tea Extract
1 Gram caffein Anhy.
1 Gram Aclar

You may want to bump up the caffeine to 2 grams. There should be not systematic sides form the caffeine as it will work as a localized diruetic for the water retention from the Yohim HCL.

Im going to try and tweak the actual gel formula little....I want to design a carrier that will deliever mostly hydrophilic substances but also will deliver a substantial amount of lipohilic ones also. Par says the carrier for Lipo Ultra will eb abel to deliver andrgoens, and other lipophylics along witht he Yohim and caffeine.

Any Suggestions?

gorillaproject

Awards
I got this from Kitchen Chemist @ Alchemy

"Do not use that recipe for those, you want it to be for localized fat and the above recipe is designed to get into your blood stream. Here's the recipe i use for yohimbine, i'm not sure how well the other stuff will dissolve in it though.

Original instructions were
55% Aloe Gel (100%)
25% water
8% menthol solution
10% PG
2% DMSO
Y-hcl 3.5g 1 month supply

I couldn't get that to work as i was using 6g of yohim per 240ml, the solution kept screwing up and the yoh wouldn't stay mixed, so here's what i did :

Take two identical bottles that you know what the spray volume is or pump volume is.
With a accurate syringe, fill one with water till its 240ml. Mark the line on the bottle at that point. Now in these steps, Put :

6g Y-hcl in unmarked bottle
Add 20ml of iso/menthol combo
Add 5ml of dmso
Add 24ml of pg
Add 40ml IPM

Put the above ingredients in hot water for 15-30 minutes to let yohimbine dissolve.

Fill bottle to 240ml line with aloe gel.
Shake like crazy and you're done.There is no water in this as i found that to cause all the clumping probs.

For the iso/menthol combo, i took 100ml of iso and dumped 66g of menthol in it and heated till crystals were dissolved."

It looks good. I didn't know menthol type things pushed things to fat cells...

what you guys think?

gorillaproject

Awards
60% aloe to make it a gel
10% propylene glycol(a must for hydrphilic substances)
10% d-limonene( shown to be a good penetrant for hydroliphics)
8% water (It will promote absorption of hydroliphics)
2% BA

Is this the final agreed Formula??

nsruffryder34

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thats not what I would reccomend. I would go with a higher BA % as this is the real localizing agent. If it isnt localized, there is no point to making a topical. Maybe drop some of the aloe gel and add a little more water and BA. Jsut my opinion..

zeus007

Awards
My topical Yohimbe Formula

How's this look fellas?

55% Aloe Gel
10%Water
10% d-limonene
10% Prop Glycol
5% BA

My question is, how should it be mixed? I was also wondering if d-limonene would work as well as menthol crystals. If so, how would I dissolve the crystals to make it at the correct potency? I wil also add 2 grams of caffeine as well as 7 grams of Yohimbe HCL to make a 240ml bottle. What are your thoughts on this?

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that the Yohimbine will come close to dissolving in that combo of ingredients bro.

zeus007

Awards
Why don't you think that yohimbe will dissolve in this combination of ingredients? All of the other formulas in this forum are similar to this one. What do you think I could do to make things work better?

getsum27

getsum27

Awards
any luck

it has been a couple of weeks and I'm curious as to what is best? yohimbe localized should be the goal. what's the easiest formula for hormones without an ester? anybody?

getsum27

Big Cat

Board Supporter
Awards
wow, if I knew it was such a big mystery I would have posted this sooner. If you want to make something better than Lipoderm, you could start by using the trans phase delivery system Par Deus tries his best to conceal, but then use it correctly. Marcel Nimni designed the TPDS in 1989 and patented it. It consists of 10% benzyl alcohol, 40% acetone and 50% isopropanol. But the idea is to create a two-phase system, one with a high boiling point that is very stable to carry the product (BA) and one that evaporates easily (acetone and isopropanol). BA is well suited since it dissolves most organic materials, and is moderately hydrophyllic, so it dissipates slowly through the epidermis and dermis and even the underlying tissues.

So Basically what you do is determine how much product you need, then add BA until it completely dissolves, then you fill up to the volume you want with a mixture of 4 parts acetone and 5 parts isoprop, or any mixture of organic solvents that evaporates easily.

The need of further penetration enhancement at that point is not required, the BA itself is tipped as a much better PE than for instance propylene glycol. If you do decide to add other PE's, add only ones that work on the stratum corneum, anything that works beyond that will speed up delivery and make you get more systemic uptake. DO NOT add Glycerol and water. Contrary to what you may have been told that principally leaves BA/yohi mixture on the skin, and you get a larger loss of product. That's not me talking, but marcel Nimni.

For those who want more information, there are 3 or 4 studies on TPDS and anyone can get the patent application off the net completely free (pat nr 4820724). Or just ask. :)

Basically, localized delivery is in its early steps, there is so much room for improvement, Lipoderm will look like placebo in a short while.

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just so everyone knows, Big Cat is largely clueless.

Not even going to dignify this beyond that.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forgot this thread existed. I thought this died a long time ago. Par is the information wrong or just outdated?

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I forgot this thread existed. I thought this died a long time ago. Par is the information wrong or just outdated?

He is correct that benzyl alcohol is the special carrier, and not totally out there on the homebrew instructionjs, but I have not exactly gone out of my way to hide it -- it is referenced in the fvcking write-up.

The rest he seems to have pulled from his arse, as he is known to do.

Big Cat

Board Supporter
Awards
yeah, I'm clueless, and that's why you don't want to dignify that. Get a fucking life. I can name several problems with Lipoderm.

First of all you left out acetone. Not only is acetone better at increasing the permeability of the skin, it also evaporates easier than isopropanol making passing of the active product to the benzyl carrier more likely and more accurate, but heck, nimni didn't know what he was doing right ? Why did you leave it out ? I hope it wasn't because of patent considerations, because the 1989 patent clearly states one or more volatile solvents, so if he found out he'd be all over you anyway.

Second problem is that you seem to keep forgetting that this evaporation is crucial for the trans-phase to occur. You employ a lot of penetration enhancers that require significant quantities. However if you had bothered to do some column chromatography on your product you'd know that benzyl only solidly maintains its micellar protection on ingredients in aqueous surroundings. Its much less likely to do so in lipophillic surrounding. With your current product a lot of the product would make it through without transferring to the benzyl phase, resulting in greater systemic loss of products. Something that was painfully obvious with ab-solved apparently, since the more lipophillic ingredient readily dispersed across the larger volume of PE's.

Thirdly you added glycerol and water. glycerol would bind to the water and the resulting glycerol 3H2O compound would not easily traverse the skin. What it would do is prevent evaporation, prevent action of many of your lipophillic PE's etc. The point I assume is to increase water content in the skin, but excess water is drawn into the keratinocytes and the increase in permeability resulting from the disruption of the polar heads was found to be minor, even in the 4-5 time increase of hydration after occlusion.

Occlusion is very good to discuss of course too, as the glycerol 3H2O and carbomers would no doubt cause some occlusion preventing evaporation of the primary phase of TPDS, again resulting in less localized uptake.

Sounds to me like you didn't really do your homework on this one. Something you later proved by adding octopamine to a product containing yohimbine that targets local subq tissue ....

Dignify that.

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I first need to note the utter humor of a guy playing expert, when less than two years ago, he did not even think passage of actives across the skin was possible -- a guy who proclaimed the superiority of oral 4-AD -- and a guy was not afraid to state such idiocy as fact in his prohormone article on bb.com

Remember that, sunshine?

Or how about before that when you went on and on telling people how 1-AD would not work and got smacked about by Pat Arnold.

Or your theory on how ONE+ localized delivery because it made your traps and shoulders grow faster than other parts.

You have a long-existing tendency to state nonsense and ignorance as fact, that is for sure.

You are in so very, very far over you head on this (just as you were with leptin/LeptiGen and VAT/cortisol/Ab-Solved), despite your ability to quote and randomly intersperse jargon.

Lipo Ultra is a whole different animal from original LipoDerm, as far as the carrier complex. But, you do not understand how avoidance of systemic uptake is avoided in general -- hints: 1) it ain't by slowing down diffussion and 2) Nimni gives his theory in one of the papers -- so, it is moot to distinguish it from your attempt based on that misunderstanding in regard to LipoDerm-Y.

If, and when, you make a product with all of your "knowledge" (which you seem to be trying to pave the way for), it will get fucking buried by Lipo Ultra, just like Tren-X got buried by ONE+ and just like anything else you could try to do that involves matching minds with me.

Stick to being an above average intelligence bodybuilder -- it suits you far better.

Big Cat

Board Supporter
Awards
I first need to note the utter humor of a guy playing expert, when less than two years ago, he did not even think passage of actives across the skin was possible -- a guy who proclaimed the superiority of oral 4-AD -- and a guy was not afraid to state such idiocy as fact in his prohormone article on bb.com

Remember that, sunshine?
Yes I most certainly do. Its mistakes like that which taught me the relevance of doing full and complete research, precious. Which is why now, two years later, you are resorting to digging up dirt instead of hitting the library.

You are in so very, very far over you head on this (just as you were with leptin/LeptiGen and VAT/cortisol/Ab-Solved), despite your ability to quote and randomly intersperse jargon.
Nothing random about quoting the facts and proving you wrong.

Lipo Ultra is a whole different animal from original LipoDerm, as far as the carrier complex. But, you do not understand how avoidance of systemic uptake is avoided in general -- hints: 1) it ain't by slowing down diffussion and 2) Nimni gives his theory in one of the papers -- so, it is moot to distinguish it from your attempt based on that misunderstanding in regard to LipoDerm-Y.
Its not by slowing down diffusion, I figured that one out on my own by now, and admittedly was wrong in stating such. Before you go around "assuming" what nimni said you need to reread those studies, as well as the references in those studies. Including the patent.

If, and when, you make a product with all of your "knowledge" (which you seem to be trying to pave the way for), it will get fucking buried by Lipo Ultra, just like Tren-X got buried by ONE+ and just like anything else you could try to do that involves matching minds with me.
:) I just pointed out several inferiorities in your product, which is only one thing. I not only did the research to work out the kinks, I also managed to dig up some research that basically makes lipoderm look like a placebo. But that's future talk isn't it ?

Stick to being an above average intelligence bodybuilder -- it suits you far better.
I'm not a bodybuilder, don't have the heart for it and wouldn't want to insult those that do by calling myself one. I am a trainer of bodybuilders, and a damn good one, as I intend to prove at the IFBB world championships. I'm also a molecular biologist that is currently adding a lot of practical experience with his biomedical and biopharmaceutical technology studies. Which, I believe, is more education than you ever enjoyed in this department. But please, correct me if i'm wrong.

Which leaves me with but one thing to say :

I didn't see you adressing the points I made. So what are you going to do ? Duck and sling insults and defamations at me, or are you gonna stand up and be the man you claim you are ? Cause I have shitload more studies here that I know you would love to know about ...

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
In case you all are interested...

Delivery of erythromycin to subcutaneous tissues in rats by means of a trans-phase delivery system.

Peng L, Nimni ME.

University of Southern California School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Los Angeles 90033, USA.

Topical administration of antibiotics is associated with reduced risk of systemic side-effects and alteration of gut microflora, and results in higher concentrations of antibiotics at the site of application (and so a lower dose of the drug is required). In conditions such as acne vulgaris, infiltration of the antibiotics into the infected subcutaneous layers is highly desirable. A trans-phase delivery system (TPDS), a mixture of benzyl alcohol, acetone and isopropanol, has been shown to enhance the effective transport of the antibiotic erythromycin across the epidermal barrier and enhance accumulation in the dermis. Two formulations containing N-methyl[14C]erythromycin were compared, a TPDS solution and a propylene glycol solution. They were applied to the dorsal areas of 4-6 week old Fischer rats and tissues were removed for analysis of radioactivity after 2, 4, 8, 12 or 24 h and skin was biopsied and sectioned for autoradiography. The erythromycin dissolved in the TPDS solvent mixture penetrated the stratum corneum and a relatively high concentration was maintained in adjacent tissues for up to 24 h. Penetration was very effective and the erythromycin was detected in significant amounts in the underlying muscle, various organs and later in the urine. In contrast the propylene glycol carrier, probably because of its primarily hydrophilic character, caused the erythromycin to traverse tissue barriers rapidly and appear in the urine. Microautoradiographs qualitatively revealed progressive disappearance of radioactivity from the surface; this correlated with results obtained by direct isotope counting. The route of penetration, in addition to following the interkeratinocyte spaces, seemed to include the perimeter of the pilosebaceous glands and their appendages before diffusion into the capillaries. The propylene glycol solution seemed to traverse the epidermis and the papillary and reticular dermis more rapidly, which might explain its rapid appearance in the urine. These data suggest that the different solutions penetrate the skin by different mechanisms.

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
and again....

Transdermal delivery and accumulation of indomethacin in subcutaneous tissues in rats.

Mikulak SA, Vangsness CT, Nimni ME.

Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033, USA.

Oral non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are effective pharmacotherapy for a wide variety of painful, inflammatory disorders. Development of an efficient means of topical administration of NSAIDs could increase local soft-tissue and joint concentrations while reducing systemic distribution of the drug, thereby reducing side-effects. With this in mind we studied the effects of a novel topical penetration enhancer for lipophilic compounds, a trans-phase delivery system (TPDS), a solution of benzyl alcohol, isopropanol and acetone, on the distribution of indomethacin in various tissues locally and remote from the site of application. We compared the TPDS with a 50:50 (v/v) mixture of propylene glycol and ethanol, a commonly used penetration enhancer, and with oral administration. We found that the TPDS was significantly superior to the other approaches at achieving high local-tissue concentrations in the vicinity of the site of application. In addition, comparison of these two carrier systems seems to clarify the different aqueous and hydrophobic pathways of drug penetration which emerge from various experimental findings and theoretical considerations. Our results suggest that this non-aqueous solvent system, and benzyl alcohol in particular, because of its unique physicochemical and solvating characteristics, might be able to deliver therapeutic levels of indomethacin to tissues close to the site of application in a safer and more effective manner than presently accepted forms of delivery.

Big Cat

Board Supporter
Awards
I can scan the whole studies for you guys in case you want to read them. You need the whole study anyway to see the ratio's they use anyway, although I posted them above. You can also look up Nimni's 1989 patent for free at the US patent website.

I can also post some references showing where Par Deus fucked up and why, as demonstrated in the literature, or why skulpt didn't work etc. Since you guys have a nice little homebrew thingy going here.

I think we should do this more often, have like open source projects for homebrewers to discuss various strategies and improvements on products. Kinda like open source software codes. :)