Yates' OL log (with some SD)

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
just got that, looks like some good stuff man, OL has always been an awesome staple I wish they had a store near by I could goto that would be the ****!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thursday Arm day
Close grip bench
95×20
115×16
135×12
165×8
185×5
Skull crushers
4 sets of 12
DB kick backs
4 sets of 12
Ez curl bar tri set w/ 50,70,90
3 sets to failure each weight
DB hammer curls
4 sets 15
Single arm preacher bench curl
4 sets of 12
Incline curls
3 sets of 12
Super nasty pump from this workout! Calories are back around 3000, will probably end my cycle with these cals. Today was an off day so I jumped on my road bike and hit a quick 20 miles. It's getting nice out again so I will be road biking at least 3 days a week until winter.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I haven't taken sd a bit but considering as a finisher next prep to keep full While on low carbs. Did you notice it kept you full.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't taken sd a bit but considering as a finisher next prep to keep full While on low carbs. Did you notice it kept you full.
Oh yeah, looked nice and swole while on the sd. Getting that drier, lean look with the d1m and tren

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh yeah, looked nice and swole while on the sd. Getting that drier, lean look with the d1m and tren
Yeah manipulating anadrol to stay full while mitigating water can be quite complicated I've been reading sd is a much better choice

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah manipulating anadrol to stay full while mitigating water can be quite complicated I've been reading sd is a much better choice
I really enjoyed everything about the sd except the lethargy. The glycogen retention was incredible

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really enjoyed everything about the sd except the lethargy. The glycogen retention was incredible
Yeah I'll be running enough test and clen come that point in precontest to combat any lethargy

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I'll be running enough test and clen come that point in precontest to combat any lethargy
Sounds like you have a plan!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Awesome bro, 20 miles?!?!? your a freakin machine! Yesss Ralox !! I just ran out of my prami, kinda sad but im not sure its gonna do any good now that im off the 19nors and I might be starting masteron soon so that would take care of anything else from the test im running along with the letro, Im still trying to figure out where to keep the letro dose at ive been kind of bouncing between .50 and .75ish and not sure how much to expect from this test as far as any aromatization, I got a little under one full bottle of exemestane left and 2 bottles of letro that's one of the main reasons ive stayed with it but I want some estro back lol

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's been a long weekend that was full of family and all that good stuff. I had a few more people to look after at the gym and didn't really write anything down. Saturday I hit chest with lots of incline and a 5×5 with 3 second rest pause at 4 he bottom. My chest is still sore! Sunday hit my back focusing on deadlifts. Went up to 365 for a few reps and it felt great. I have only gained back 3 pounds but i. Real happy about where my lifts are and how I look in the mirror. I will post up some better workouts this week and for the rest of this log. About to hit the road on my bike, Monday and Friday are my new roadbike days

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
Have a good ride brother.
Killing it if your still sore. Sometimes I love focusing so much on incline

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have a good ride brother.
Killing it if your still sore. Sometimes I love focusing so much on incline
I need to tighten up my incline game, have been slacking on it a bit. I think the 5×5 with rest pause is what wrecked me. Nice that I have someone to work out with now and spot me so I can do exercises like that. There are some things you just don't want to do in an empty gym at 5am

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Wish I could do inclines :( my shoulders are bad and last time I did inclines my left shoulder rolled out . I'm sure I could do them and start with some low weight and work up but its to risky for me . Just like I don't do snatches for the same reason. :,(

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wish I could do inclines :( my shoulders are bad and last time I did inclines my left shoulder rolled out . I'm sure I could do them and start with some low weight and work up but its to risky for me . Just like I don't do snatches for the same reason. :,(
If I felt like a certain lift was going to injure me I would stay away from it too. I just started dead lifting again after close to 3 years because of injury. Sucks not dead lifting but crippling back pain sucks worse.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
I feel you on that . I honestly haven't touched incline in 2 years haha

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
I need to tighten up my incline game, have been slacking on it a bit. I think the 5×5 with rest pause is what wrecked me. Nice that I have someone to work out with now and spot me so I can do exercises like that. There are some things you just don't want to do in an empty gym at 5am
That's awesome you got yourself a partner man you got it made! just remember to start with incline first in your routines if you want to crush it and make those gains!! with the looks of it your going to have a whole gym family soon at 5am ;) haha

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's awesome you got yourself a partner man you got it made! just remember to start with incline first in your routines if you want to crush it and make those gains!! with the looks of it your going to have a whole gym family soon at 5am ;) haha
I've been hitting the smith machine for heavy incline presses the last few sessions, going to switch to free weight next week. I have also been throwing incline dB presses superset with flat dB presses, has been working real good for me. I feel like I've been in a little bit of a training rut so I've been trying to switch things up a little bit. Have a cool little shoulder workout set up for tomorrow, borrowed a few techniques from that video you shared on fb

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Cool ok so do this, 3x incline db with 75% max 8-10 times, superset with pecdec or d-ring cable flye/crossovers 3x of those drop sets each time leaning a little forward 25 x 3 (reaching failure on each with right amount of weight) the DB Inclines and cable cross overs, flyes and the uppercut cable cross over with your elbows about 35% angle at sides and moving up and in till your palms are directly in front of your face..

those will inspire monster growth bro! i don't like to sound like a know it all cause of course nobody is, but i got some massive experience on making those stubborn babys grow, and remember you can throw in incline bb presses and change incline angles from highest to lowest for 3-4 sets to hit every angle.. they even had a thing on here about it i think.. so like 85% 55% 25-30% incline hope this helps! and your shoulder workouts are boss like dma's!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool ok so do this, 3x incline db with 75% max 8-10 times, superset with pecdec or d-ring cable flye/crossovers 3x of those drop sets each time leaning a little forward 25 x 3 (reaching failure on each with right amount of weight) the DB Inclines and cable cross overs, flyes and the uppercut cable cross over with your elbows about 35% angle at sides and moving up and in till your palms are directly in front of your face..

those will inspire monster growth bro! i don't like to sound like a know it all cause of course nobody is, but i got some massive experience on making those stubborn babys grow, and remember you can throw in incline bb presses and change incline angles from highest to lowest for 3-4 sets to hit every angle.. they even had a thing on here about it i think.. so like 85% 55% 25-30% incline hope this helps! and your shoulder workouts are boss like dma's!
Will give it a try Saturday.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Cool, i hope it helps out man, i know ive helped and trained others with similar routines and within month or two natural they had it starting to pop out

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool, i hope it helps out man, i know ive helped and trained others with similar routines and within month or two natural they had it starting to pop out
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to KilaCali again. Suprise, suprise

GetRekt

Awards
I feel you on that . I honestly haven't touched incline in 2 years haha
Maybe try to start doing a few of your warm up sets on incline benches? Might give your body a chance to warm up the shoulders and chest at the same time. Plus it's never a bad idea to get the body moving in certain, perhaps more awkward, movement pathways.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Maybe try to start doing a few of your warm up sets on incline benches? Might give your body a chance to warm up the shoulders and chest at the same time. Plus it's never a bad idea to get the body moving in certain, perhaps more awkward, movement pathways.
yea I was going to recommend that and using light dumbells and don't go up at to high of an angle the more stress on the front delt, or possibly start low and go up 20 degree's each time as you get more warmed up and comfortable 30 / 50 / 70. try to stay away from barbells and most machines unles you do single arm press with them where you can manipulate your body slightly to accomadate the move cause all those put you in a fixed position and force it too much, I think dumbells are always the better way to go for true strength and definition anyways. maybe try light incline cable flyes as well. oh and keep your elbows pointed a little more down so you put more stress on your backarms the higher up your elbows point well doing that the more stress on that shoulder.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea I was going to recommend that and using light dumbells and don't go up at to high of an angle the more stress on the front delt, or possibly start low and go up 20 degree's each time as you get more warmed up and comfortable 30 / 50 / 70. try to stay away from barbells and most machines unles you do single arm press with them where you can manipulate your body slightly to accomadate the move cause all those put you in a fixed position and force it too much, I think dumbells are always the better way to go for true strength and definition anyways. maybe try light incline cable flyes as well. oh and keep your elbows pointed a little more down so you put more stress on your backarms the higher up your elbows point well doing that the more stress on that shoulder.
I agree, dumbbells would be the way to go in that situation.

mirmod2002

mirmod2002

Awards
Fairly complete. I will just further one of his points; since I'm currently going through this I have focused on keeping my scapula, rear delts, lats and traps all engaged (contracted) through out the entirety of any press movement. Doing this disengages the front delts and upper pec to a degree in most press movements which will in turn release (most) the pressures associated with lifting. But slow and steady wins this race.

mirmod2002

mirmod2002

Awards
I agree, dumbbells would be the way to go in that situation.
This is all preference so I respect how everyone operates but if it were me (and it is) I wouldn't and didn't use DB's at first. The issue for me was DB's force the activation of stabilizer muscles. Stabilizers are less a factor vis-a-vis BB lifts. Controlling the sway of the DB and it's movement placed added pressures that weren't there with BB lifts. BB lifts gave me more control, didn't over activate other muscles local to my injury which allowed me to get strength back first. I have only recently (like only my last chest workout) used DB's for chest. But like I said, each man is an island. The previous contributors know what they are talking about. You'll have to see what works best for you.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is all preference so I respect how everyone operates but if it were me (and it is) I wouldn't and didn't use DB's at first. The issue for me was DB's force the activation of stabilizer muscles. Stabilizers are less a factor vis-a-vis BB lifts. Controlling the sway of the DB and it's movement placed added pressures that weren't there with BB lifts. BB lifts gave me more control, didn't over activate other muscles local to my injury which allowed me to get strength back first. I have only recently (like only my last chest workout) used DB's for chest. But like I said, each man is an island. The previous contributors know what they are talking about. You'll have to see what works best for you.
I can see your point here, I guess it also depends on the specific injury as well.

peter01

peter01

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate all the info on here about chest work. Actually one of the areas I'd like to bring up. Thanks guys.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
i get what your saying and each injury has its own cause and effect, the way it sounded is you were possibly at to high of an angle either with the bench elevation or your arms were locked in to high and with barbell movements its going to put ALOT of stress on that shoulder joint when your locked in like that as with dumbells yes your stabilizers take over more but your able to change angles,direction and placement so that your shoulder joint isn't stuck in that awkward position

so with even really light weight you could focus strictly on your chest and tri muscles by perfecting that form, it kind of sounds like your side and rear delts were possibly overworked when you did this and its a fairly common injury on shoulder day or chest day, specially if you do one after the other it puts massive stress on that joint and when your front delt fails the side and rear aren't strong enough to compensate so you get those horrible injuries, im no doctor of course just trying to lay out my own .02cents and perspective,

i know it could have been a number of things, i just know that is a very common injury because people tend to train more compound movements and never get good enough focus and concentration on those secondary muscle groups that really come in to play when your hittin it hard.. anyhow i hope your able to get back to it soon enough and what i wrote helps someone though ifeel like i was just rambling on lol, apologies to mr. yates, all hail keep up the hard work bro!! love you all.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No apologies necessary, the more info the better! I can always use good advice and different perspectives

mirmod2002

mirmod2002

Awards
i get what your saying and each injury has its own cause and effect, the way it sounded is you were possibly at to high of an angle either with the bench elevation or your arms were locked in to high and with barbell movements its going to put ALOT of stress on that shoulder joint when your locked in like that as with dumbells yes your stabilizers take over more but your able to change angles,direction and placement so that your shoulder joint isn't stuck in that awkward position

so with even really light weight you could focus strictly on your chest and tri muscles by perfecting that form, it kind of sounds like your side and rear delts were possibly overworked when you did this and its a fairly common injury on shoulder day or chest day, specially if you do one after the other it puts massive stress on that joint and when your front delt fails the side and rear aren't strong enough to compensate so you get those horrible injuries, im no doctor of course just trying to lay out my own .02cents and perspective,

i know it could have been a number of things, i just know that is a very common injury because people tend to train more compound movements and never get good enough focus and concentration on those secondary muscle groups that really come in to play when your hittin it hard.. anyhow i hope your able to get back to it soon enough and what i wrote helps someone though ifeel like i was just rambling on lol, apologies to mr. yates, all hail keep up the hard work bro!! love you all.
My pain was general to all press movements; however, you have the cause nailed it seems. At the time of injury my compound movements were minimal but my set up limited the diversity of available exercise so I lifted the areas (chest and shoulders) heavy and often. Thus, overwork and improper form did cause my injuries as you said. My front delts and pecs were (and still are) disproportionately strong which caused a massive shift in my shoulder joint forward, down and in. I released it through A LOT of stretching. And focusing on "back" contractions throughout my press activities didn't allow my delt to over power my movements and opened the area up some which took some of the pressure off. Now my injury filter to the inner head of my bicep, my tri's and forearm. This may be why movements that activated large amounts of stabilizer muscles, in already overly exhausted area, effected the injury site more. Love the conversation because you're right each injury has it's own finger print and what worked this time may not work next time and I'm glad I have another frame of reference should that happen.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Awesome, glad i could spread a little experience, i had a similar injury happen it sucked man and once i found out which took a couple years of doing it over and over i got on a plan where on shoulder day i started with weak points first, rear delts doing bent over lateral raises with light enough weight t o get about 15 for 3x, and side delts/side laterals for 3x 15 and once it felt more comfortable i would raise weight and go for 12's but honestly anything under 10-12 on those are more of a hinderence unless you've been doing it a while then on those last few sets or reps you can really push it and cheat a little
i spent over a year starting my shoulder routines that way with cables sometimes super setting or doing drop sets on them to really burn them and force that growth and since then its been so much better.. its hard to focus on those things when your looking forward to trying to bench a ton of weight or something light weight makes you feel like your weak but we all go through it one way or another...

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
New shoulder workout
Military press alternating front to back every rep w/ 95 pounds
4 sets of 12
Single arm dB press
4 sets of 12
Upright rows
4 sets 12
Kettle bell front raise w/ swing
3 sets 12
Superset cable front and side raises
4 sets 12
Reverse Pec deck
4 sets 15
I was super pissed off this morning about some dumb sh1t but it turned my workout into a straight throw down with barely any rest. I'm still sitting at 182 but I'm looking nice and lean, muscles look full. My calories are still pretty low and I'm just going to recomp this cycle out

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
lol hell yeah I'm going to do the up and over the head shoulder presses on my other shoulder day.
Gnarly full delt pump huh?!

Where you standing or sitting?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol hell yeah I'm going to do the up and over the head shoulder presses on my other shoulder day.
Gnarly full delt pump huh?!

Where you standing or sitting?
Standing. Felt great, nice pump. 95 pounds got heavy real quick!

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
New shoulder workout
Military press alternating front to back every rep w/ 95 pounds
4 sets of 12
Single arm dB press
4 sets of 12
Upright rows
4 sets 12
Kettle bell front raise w/ swing
3 sets 12
Superset cable front and side raises
4 sets 12
Reverse Pec deck
4 sets 15
I was super pissed off this morning about some dumb sh1t but it turned my workout into a straight throw down with barely any rest. I'm still sitting at 182 but I'm looking nice and lean, muscles look full. My calories are still pretty low and I'm just going to recomp this cycle out
kickass shoulder workout, you shrugging with the kb in front of you? never thought of that! gonna have to try some of that, glad you used to negativity to fuel your session bro, keep up the great work!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
kickass shoulder workout, you shrugging with the kb in front of you? never thought of that! gonna have to try some of that, glad you used to negativity to fuel your session bro, keep up the great work!
It's just a front lateral raise with a little swinging cheat. Hits the lower back as well

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
ohhh ok, I was picturing holding it out and then doing a shrug, maybe I just made up a new type of shrug lol

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ohhh ok, I was picturing holding it out and then doing a shrug, maybe I just made up a new type of shrug lol
Worth a try! I guess I need to tighten up my explanations or start doing more basic movements. Just caught up on your cycle plans, how much longer are you running this trifecta?

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
6-12 more weeks tops. and your explanation was fine, I just read to far into things sometimes lol

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMG955869-1.jpg

Traps are a little bigger

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
hell yea, shoulders and traps have really came out, shoulders look sharp man

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
Nice idea with taking the fish oil with each does. Going to apply that myself. Any certain amount of food to go with the doses? High fat..low fat? Big or small meal?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice idea with taking the fish oil with each does. Going to apply that myself. Any certain amount of food to go with the doses? High fat..low fat? Big or small meal?
Really you just want some fats to help with absorption, you don't need a lot of food. I usually throw some olive oil in my shake for my am dose and eat a little peanut butter with my pm dose