XPG ALPHA GEL + PHOSPHATIDIC ACID XT

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This is going to be my first log on AM, pretty excited about this!

Starting stats:
Male: 36 YO
Height: 6’-1”
Weight: 240.4

training:
I will be running a 4 week mesocycle provided by Renaissance Periodization. Training will be 5AM mon-tue/thurs-Friday. Next week will be a deload from my previous mesocycle then I will jump into my new cycle.

I’m deciding to start this log today and will start the products today. My theory is to have the products help and build in my system during my de load week and then will be ramping back up and having the last week of the log the peak of my mesocycle.

Nutrition:
I am currently and have been in a weight loss journey. Back around the start of the year I was at 270# and was not in good shape. Around mid to late February I started working towards a better me.
During this log I’m going to be in the calorie range of 1900-2100/ 180-200 grams protein/ 100-150 grams of carbs/ 80-100 grams of fat.

Activity level:
I feel like this is worth adding because we all know that we hit the gym, but what do we do the rest of the time.
I work and do construction inspection on civil projects, roads/bridges/ paving etc etc. so during the summer I’m on my feet all day walking around and active. Average at least 8,000 steps a day sometimes a lot more.

sleep:
Mon- Friday routine is in bed 9pm up at 4:30am
7.5 hrs of sleep a night. Give it take but that is usually pretty close. Weekends are 9pm- 7am 10ths of sleep give or take.

product timing: ( will update this if timing changes)
XPG alpha gel will be one pump mornings and one pump evening,2 ML. The morning I will workout then come home shower then apply alpha gel. Evening will be shower apply alpha gel.
PA XT, so examining the product and label I’m thinking of taking all 4 pills in the am with a protein shake.

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So wanted to add on to this, this will wrap up my log as I have completed the run of PA XT and Alpha Gel.

Stats this morning
Male- 36 YO
Height- 6’1”
Weight-234.2

duration of run- Started 6/17/2023
Ended 7/17/2023
dosing of PA XT- 4 caps pre workout empty stomach. On days I was not hitting the gym I would take 4 caps with a meal.

dosing of Alpha Gel- first week I did 1 pump morning 1 pump evening. After that I did 2 pumps Am 2 pumps PM. Pump in the morning 30-45 pre workout. Pump PM after shower.

Really sad this run is over, I will be running this stack again in the future for a duration of minimum 8 weeks. The Phosphatidic Acid XT gave me great endurance and pumps. It gives you a pumped full feeling that lasts most of the day. This really started to kick in towards the end of week 2. If one was to run this for 8 weeks I feel like week 4-8 would be pretty fantastic! Also kept me looking more full while in a deficit and losing weight.

Alpha Gel was equally as amazing, first and foremost I had the best sleep ever running this gel. Like lights out no movement dead to the world until alarm went off. I applied to top of shoulders traps/ inner arms. I never rotated applications it gave me zero irritation or anything, goes on smooth and dries quickly. Very important to note the smell is very pleasant, to the point I look forward to the smell. I feel like 2 pumps am-pm was my sweet zone. Sex drive was definitely higher than off. Energy was great too I get up around 4:30 Am and usually bed 9 pm, tons of energy and just ready to get after the day! Also wanted to note not sure if it’s related for sure or not but I have noticed some acne that has started this last week on my chest. This has not happened since the days of 15-16-17 years old. Nothing crazy but wanted to add. I feel like this is a fantastic product and will be back on this soon as funds allow.

Overall I can say enough great things about the 2 products. @sns8778 is always on the board and has very detailed posts of products and ingredients, answering any questions and putting out great products to help people.

one last thing to note, I forgot to put this on the title. This was a unsponsored log, products I purchased and decided to log/ review on my own

Last edited:

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So that morning dose I assume is before the workout? From my understanding, phosphatidic acid is best taken preworkout.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright, let's go!!!! Looking forward to watching you hit your goals!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the tag, wil definitely follow along. XPG is one of those sleeper brands, so i'm interested to see what you think of the alpha gel. Should probably see a libido increase with the tongkat ali.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank for the invite, I am really looking forward to your progress!!

I am going to tag @LeanEngineer for you here, I think he will be interested ! (I hope that's OK?)

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I am going to tag @LeanEngineer for you here, I think he will be interested ! (I hope that's OK?)
Absolutely!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice stack .. thanks for tagging following along

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So first day report checking in. Started off this morning with application of Alpha Gel, after a shower I did run razor along shoulders and up around the traps. 1 pump of Alpha gel applied to tops of shoulders and traps.
XPG Alpha gel application super smooth easy to apply easy to spread and dries pretty fast 3-5 minutes. Also very important in my book is this product smells great! Kinda wish it would last but about time it dries smell goes away.
Also wanted to note after I apply (application using my bare hands) that I rub the excess from my hands off on the top of my feet.

only thing to note on day one of application is I did seem to notice a little bit of, not sure how to describe it slight euphoria? Just felt pretty good after application!
———————

first dose of SNS PA XT. Took 4 caps first thing this morning all with a glass of whole milk and a scoop of whey protein. Now I should also add the whole milk I drink is whole raw milk that I get fresh from a local Jersey dairy. I drink 1 cup a day.
Caps no smell or taste, easy to take, I pop all 4 at a time.
Following the dose I had 2-3 cups of coffee then I went and did 30 minutes on the treadmill. Also went for a walk this afternoon.

I did notice that after treadmill this morning and afternoon walk that I just seemed to feel more tight and pumped. Will keep an eye on this because it is a nice feeling!

Below going to add screen shots of steps for today and nutrition.
Food intake was low today, did not get as much protein in as I would like. Just kind of a laid back day.

tonight after evening shower I will apply another application of XPG Alpha gel.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Definitely will follow along! Thanks for tagging!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like the idea of that Pumped Tight Feeling !

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there!

Application of Alpha Gel last night after shower 1 pump to traps/shoulders. Could be just coincidence but last night was the deepest lights out sleep I’ve had in a while solid 9 hrs of sleep. Granted I did have a big week in the gym and got a fair amount of walking in yesterday.

day 2: this morning 1 pump of Alpha Gel shoulders/traps. The smell is so good! Then I walk around shirtless drinking coffee until dry 5 minutes or so. Later on this morning I will pop my PA XT and go out for a nice morning walk.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha you know topicals are good when you say “I wish it lasted longer before drying out”

I’ve had 2 of their previous topicals and totally know what u mean.

Is that ure daily routine just coffee before hitting the treadmill/gym ? Or just taking break from pre’s ?

Good start to the cycle

Happy Father’s Day to all the kings !!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Haha you know topicals are good when you say “I wish it lasted longer before drying out”

I’ve had 2 of their previous topicals and totally know what u mean.

Is that ure daily routine just coffee before hitting the treadmill/gym ? Or just taking break from pre’s ?

Good start to the cycle

Happy Father’s Day to all the kings !!
Yep just a coffee guy, the last pre workout I remember using was neon Volt I think lol

I am going to order pump addict one of these days or focus XT.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep just a coffee guy, the last pre workout I remember using was neon Volt I think lol

I am going to order pump addict one of these days or focus XT.
Lol neon volt

It’ll be a good judgement without a pre, you’ll be able to see what the products does exactly .. sometimes I stop my pres when I’m testing stuff out

Yea pump addict is awesome, and focus xt is in class of its own or should be imo

Cant wait to try out new stuff .. I thought alien series was awesome .. I think I have only 2 tubs left

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a good experience so far with the TD solution which is awesome. Some of them just leave you smelling like chemicals all day.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well today went a little off the rails, I ate a lot today lol. I’ll attach my 7 day report of nutrition, still kept it in line a little higher on calories then I was planning.

dose of PA XT before protien shake and breakfast and then got a nice walk in before things got hot. Going to be excited to see how this feels in the gym tomorrow. Even though it’s a de load week still excited!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Should probably see a libido increase with the tongkat ali.
I have not been one to have many issues in that dept so I wasn't expecting anything here really, but Steves write up that aspect of alpha gel also does touch on the physical quality/response. I do think that the tongkat here is somehow making things.... shall we say... firmer. maybe steel shaft has turned into concrete pillar if you catch my drift. and it doesn't go away, lol.

only thing to note on day one of application is I did seem to notice a little bit of, not sure how to describe it slight euphoria? Just felt pretty good after application!
I'm thinking considering your age and history you will be like me and probably be very responsive to new products like this. curious to see if you notice a difference in your voice at all.

Could be just coincidence but last night was the deepest lights out sleep I’ve had in a while solid 9 hrs of sleep. Granted I did have a big week in the gym and got a fair amount of walking in yesterday.
I have a theory here... my wife and I just picked up a German Shepperd puppy Saturday, he's 8 weeks old. All he wants to do is grow and sleep and grow and sleep. Since my stack is identical to yours + epiandrolean, I have grown a ton, PR'd everything in the last few months, and at times almost seem to be leaning up while the scale stays flat to up. I feel like I have a lot more DOMs everywhere and sleep hard as a rock like a growing teeenager.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
PA XT dose 4 caps 4:30 am, hit the gym at 5 am.

this week is a de load week so pretty light and minimal. Feels welcoming though definitely feeling a little beat up. Pretty heavy on the food yesterday, still feeling full and just not even remotely hungry. I will be fasting all day, might go overnight and make it a 36hr. I plan on getting a few fasts in this week.

still had pretty decent pump for low work volume.
Gym time 5 am

I won’t list my warm up weights before each lift.
warmups1. 30 rep max for 12 reps
warmups 2. 20 rep max for 8 reps
Warmups 3. 10 rep max for 4 reps
Reps in reserve 8
wide grip bench- 130# x 8 reps X 6 reps

incline DB bench- 40# X 6 reps X 6 reps

lat pulldown- 100#x 6 reps X 6 reps

Ez bar skull crusher- 50# X 6 reps X 6 reps (neck curls in between 10# X 10 reps X 10 reps X 10 reps

Cable rope Tricep pushdown- 25# X 6 reps X 6 reps

cable ez bar curls- 25# X 10 reps X 8 reps

barbell shrugs- 130# X 7 reps X 7 reps

After gym quick shower and apply Alpha gel to traps shoulders. Waiting for my voice to deepen like @Dustin07 has said his has!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, doesn't phosphatidic acid also cause increased soreness similar to ArA as the MOA? Increased inflammation causing increased healing and rebuilding. I would think muscle soreness would get worse on this similar to an ArA product right?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, doesn't phosphatidic acid also cause increased soreness similar to ArA as the MOA? Increased inflammation causing increased healing and rebuilding. I would think muscle soreness would get worse on this similar to an ArA product right?
I have no idea, but I know there are days where even getting off the couch is interesting lol

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I did not think it elicited muscle soreness like ARA does? Now that you say that though, I guess I’m not sure.

I would think @Dustin07 the doms and soreness would be more from the EPI, and probably why his elbow pain is floating up?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would think @Dustin07 the doms and soreness would be more from the EPI, and probably why his elbow pain is floating up?
I hadn't necessarily associated any of it with a substance per se, but instead the fact that I'm able to move more weight more frequently and stimulate more growth, although hey what do I know... personal opinion.

My elbow didn't flare up until I switched grip on my back squats to start wrapping my thumb again and get tighter. although once I did that, even when I took a break from squats, everything else seemed to exaggerate the issue a little and my go to (fish oil) was really inconsistent in May with all my fasting....... could very well be a compound! although a few months ago I had never ever come close to benching 300lbs and now I have put it up many times (sling shot) so I'm challenging everything in my body a lot more than I ever have before as well.... PR'd squats, bench, and deads, like 8 times this year in total combined, maybe more.... that's gonna wreak havoc on a 40yr old trained body no matter what I think

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For some reason reading this workout is really making me miss the guy!!!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a theory here... my wife and I just picked up a German Shepperd puppy Saturday, he's 8 weeks old. All he wants to do is grow and sleep and grow and sleep.
The new dream dog. Or a Rottweiler. I do not miss the puppy stages. Fun but exhausting.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@sns8778 could you tell me a little more about the MOA or the comparison?
I did not think it elicited muscle soreness like ARA does? Now that you say that though, I guess I’m not sure.

I think his issues are probably multidimensional.
I hadn't necessarily associated any of it with a substance per se, but instead the fact that I'm able to move more weight more frequently and stimulate more growth, although hey what do I know... personal opinion.

My elbow didn't flare up until I switched grip on my back squats to start wrapping my thumb again and get tighter. although once I did that, even when I took a break from squats, everything else seemed to exaggerate the issue a little and my go to (fish oil) was really inconsistent in May with all my fasting....... could very well be a compound! although a few months ago I had never ever come close to benching 300lbs and now I have put it up many times (sling shot) so I'm challenging everything in my body a lot more than I ever have before as well.... PR'd squats, bench, and deads, like 8 times this year in total combined, maybe more.... that's gonna wreak havoc on a 40yr old trained body no matter what I think
Good that you noticed that from the change in grip, and have an idea of what is causing it. I will PM you a video of a great warm up that has some awesome forearm, wrists, and elbow stretches that I bet will really help with that. I know they did wonders for me and a few others I have recommended them too. They loosen up stuff you didn't even know was tight, and will free up a lot of binded tissue causing issues in the elbow and forearm. Your hands will even feel better and stronger.

I agree, you have put your body through a lot since your focus has changed to more strength based work. At 40 full throttle a lot of the time builds up some wear and tear. Just don't let it get chronic.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good that you noticed that from the change in grip, and have an idea of what is causing it. I will PM you a video of a great warm up that has some awesome forearm, wrists, and elbow stretches that I bet will really help with that. I know they did wonders for me and a few others I have recommended them too. They loosen up stuff you didn't even know was tight, and will free up a lot of binded tissue causing issues in the elbow and forearm. Your hands will even feel better and stronger.
I recall over the years seeing lots of guys develop some elbow issues squatting, I probably shouldn't have changed my grip but was getting desperate to improve form and weight... lol I'll watch for the video! sad thing is, this is known as "golfers" elbow being on the inside, vs tennis elbows. so of course my 'active recovery' sport of choice doesn't necessarily help lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Dustin07 I figured I would just post this up in here if anyone wants to check it out since I mentioned it in here. The wrist specific stuff starts around 7:30, but this entire warm up is gold. I use it for upper body a lot. It really warms up and activates the core, thoracic, and scapular regions while also working the RC quite well with all of the rotations and everything. Not a bad way to spend 10-15 minutes. I don't normally get all the band work in but everything else, and have a full upper body pump by the end of my warm up. Give it a shot a few times a week and let me know if you don't see some improvement on your elbows and forearms. It's not a fix all but it is definitely helpful in many situations. Plus like I said it is an excellent upper body and core warm up.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Not saying it is but was just a thought. You have been a man in a mission and setting some big PR’S!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No, not at all.

Phosphatidic Acid XT increases mTOR and a lot of people report increases in lean muscle and strength and decreased soreness and improved recovery with it, allowing for them to train longer and more intensely and recover better.

X-Gels (ARA) is great for a lot of people, but some people can't take it, especially those of us with autoimmune conditions; whereas Phosphatidic Acid XT can be used by pretty much anyone.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Phosphatidic Acid XT increases mTOR and that helps with strength, endurance, improved recovery, etc.

I think as you said, the soreness is more from how much strength you've gained, not a supplement causing that. If anything, PA XT would help improve recovery and lead to less soreness, not more.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 could you tell me a little more about the MOA or the comparison?
I'm glad to give more information, and I cover it very in depth in the product writeup:

I want to clarify for anyone reading that there is absolutely zero correlation between ARA and Phosphatidic Acid XT and that Phosphatidic Acid XT does NOT increase inflammation.

This is definitely a misunderstanding/misrepresentation that I would like to make clear (I understand it was accidental) because there are a lot of people that cannot take X-Gels (Arachidonic Acid) because of the way it works and the increases in soreness that it provides; whereas Phosphatidic Acid XT can be taken by anyone and it does not increase soreness.

Think about it like this - @Rocket3015 was using Phosphatidic Acid XT and there is absolutely no way I would want to see him use X-Gels (Arachidonic Acid) with what he is going through. But fact is, by Phosphatidic Acid XT helping increase mTOR and helping to reduce inflammation and soreness, not only can it help people build lean muscle, but also help people maintain lean muscle while dieting or going through something like he is.

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@Dustin07 I figured I would just post this up in here if anyone wants to check it out since I mentioned it in here.
thanks brother! I'll dig in!

Not saying it is but was just a thought. You have been a man in a mission and setting some big PR’S!
for my personal situation something to kinda put things into relevance:
when I was weighing in at 178, sub 10% bf, and the wildest supplement I was taking was creatine + dextrose, I could never pull more than 405lbs two weeks in a row. whether it was 1 rep or 6 reps, I was WRECKED for 2 weeks in terms of pulls....

This year at mid 190lbs and 14-16% Bf with a million new supps I've played with, I can basically pull 400lbs every week without consequence. Now, that might not be the best way to set PRs, but my point is that my old bench PR of 275, and my old deadlift PRs are now sorta high end ramp up weights that I touch on very frequently. I think there is something to that being that I can and do pull so much more weight so frequently. the thing is:

Phosphatidic Acid XT increases mTOR and a lot of people report increases in lean muscle and strength and decreased soreness and improved recovery with it, allowing for them to train longer and more intensely and recover better.
I don't have a real way of measuring my lean mass gains with my current stack but the mirror tells me that abs are not fading away, if anything periodically getting more defined at a weight of 190-195lbs and that's 10-15lbs more than my historical norm. I've never had abs at 190+ before.

This year I've PR'd all three big lifts many times, and since playing with anabolic xt, PA XT, epiandrolean, and now the alpha gel, I've PR'd rack pull deads, conventional deads, squats and bench. Of course my programming has been a constant science experiment, my nutrition is feeding gains, but the supplementation I have zero doubt is making a huge contribution.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
also IDK maybe it's worth admitting that I'm 40 now. I pretend I'm 16 and just getting started but I AM 40 lol. sorta fighting the clock a little when it comes to muscle recovery lololololol

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
also IDK maybe it's worth admitting that I'm 40 now. I pretend I'm 16 and just getting started but I AM 40 lol. sorta fighting the clock a little when it comes to muscle recovery lololololol
One thing none of us can beat is time. That guy never stops and always marches forward and wins.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm glad to give more information, and I cover it very in depth in the product writeup:

I want to clarify for anyone reading that there is absolutely zero correlation between ARA and Phosphatidic Acid XT and that Phosphatidic Acid XT does NOT increase inflammation.

This is definitely a misunderstanding/misrepresentation that I would like to make clear (I understand it was accidental) because there are a lot of people that cannot take X-Gels (Arachidonic Acid) because of the way it works and the increases in soreness that it provides; whereas Phosphatidic Acid XT can be taken by anyone and it does not increase soreness.

Think about it like this - @Rocket3015 was using Phosphatidic Acid XT and there is absolutely no way I would want to see him use X-Gels (Arachidonic Acid) with what he is going through. But fact is, by Phosphatidic Acid XT helping increase mTOR and helping to reduce inflammation and soreness, not only can it help people build lean muscle, but also help people maintain lean muscle while dieting or going through something like he is.
Excellent news! I just remember everyone comparing the 2 when PA first came out. So I assumed they were similar MOA's. Basically exactly what you were referring to. Once I thought they were similar I did not look into it any further due to joint arthritis issues. Thanks for the clarification, I knew you would be able to tell us the real deal. Hence the mention. :) I may have to add this to my TRT dose at some point and give it a try.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So I quick update, plan’s definitely got changed today. Going to have to be headed out at 3 am for a 3 hr drive for a small project out in BFE. Hopefully only tomorrow but possibly 2 days. Will not be able to get in the gym, but will make it up this weekend worse case scenario.

so with the light of this news mid day I did eat a small lunch and changed my strategy to fast while I’m on the road tomorrow.
No big thing just a little delay.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So like I said fasting got pushed to tomorrow as unexpected work has come up. So small lunch and then dinner. Protein lower than I wanted.

I’m definitely noticing a deeper more restful sleep with Alpha Gel and PA XT. Also today was like 95 I was out in the sun all day moving stuff helped the guys set up de watering pumps. Normally I would have been pretty zapped, seemed to have plenty of energy to keep going.

@Dustin07 it’s probably because you mentioned it. Keep trying to see if my voice is getting deeper so keeping an eye on it.

This evening application after a shower applied to shoulder/traps/ inside of arms. The directions say to shake before applying so I do shake the **** out of it. It’s amazing how easy to apply and dries fast. Still loving the smell. Also to note it’s a super dark gel but absolutely no color left behind or darkish skin.