Wow. Hipflexor pain is truly debilitating.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did something to myself. Not sure where or how and the pain limits mobility considerably in everyday life.= Bending down to tie shoelaces, pickup some article dropped on the floor. Weird that it does not affect sprinting or running.
I tried for the first time that hip adductor machine or maybe I was changing my squat stance(and I always go low), or I do not know what. Both stressed that area.
I was also doing uneven slope uphill sprints so my right leg was making contact and pressure more than the left. Right hip affected.
Anyway 2 weeks off squatting.
There are plenty of rehab exercises in the Tube.
Is this what it feels like to have hip arthritis? I feel saddened for anyone who has a hip joint mobility issue.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it's absolutely brutal. I can still sprint, cycle, squat etc, but surfing really messes me up, but it's not while i am surfing, it's a couple of hours after. It's not so much the up and down or bending motion for me, but if I twist my torso to look over my shoulder for instance, it's like a hot knife. Sitting in front of the computer for work seem to really aggravate it too.

natureman4

Awards
I feel ya. My quad/rec fem tendons are always tight and achey because they're taking on work my psoases are too tight to do themselves. My squat warmup routine takes longer than my squats...

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My squat routine is about the same. 12 sets, 6 warmup and 6 power. HF much better past few days. No sudden twinges. Squatted Sunday and all went well. On the weekend did the dog at a fire hydrant leg exercise and the first one stung and the rest no pain.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update on this. Still have an occasional sudden twinge of pain when waking. Otherwise back to normal routine. Squat is fine. It is weird in that I am 100% bounding along and then boom, just for an instant it feels like the hip bone is pulling out of the socket.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Four months since previous update and situation somewhat better. No sudden twinges of pain. If I sit too long I limp when commencing to walk. Gait returns to normal after a few minutes of walking.
Do spinning 3x per week and elliptical 2x. Not affected.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To update. Started having hip pain again.
Stopped spinning and squatting for a month. Did squats yesterday and so far all is well. Normal soreness due to lack of squatting. Lower weight than previous.

The1stLoneWolf22

Awards
I did something to myself. Not sure where or how and the pain limits mobility considerably in everyday life.= Bending down to tie shoelaces, pickup some article dropped on the floor. Weird that it does not affect sprinting or running.
I tried for the first time that hip adductor machine or maybe I was changing my squat stance(and I always go low), or I do not know what. Both stressed that area.
I was also doing uneven slope uphill sprints so my right leg was making contact and pressure more than the left. Right hip affected.
Anyway 2 weeks off squatting.
There are plenty of rehab exercises in the Tube.
Is this what it feels like to have hip arthritis? I feel saddened for anyone who has a hip joint mobility issue.
Yeah I’m thinking I have some issues with my hip flexors as well to where it even affects my posture when it’s bad start looking like Donald Duck like can’t stand up straight and ass is out. Done plenty of stretches along with other things still doesn’t seem to completely heal or go away.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
To update. Started having hip pain again.
Stopped spinning and squatting for a month. Did squats yesterday and so far all is well. Normal soreness due to lack of squatting. Lower weight than previous.
What have you been doing recently for your hip flexors mobility, a lot of times the fix is in mobility work, foam rolling, stretching and maybe even some massage therapy

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I’m thinking I have some issues with my hip flexors as well to where it even affects my posture when it’s bad start looking like Donald Duck like can’t stand up straight and ass is out. Done plenty of stretches along with other things still doesn’t seem to completely heal or go away.
Sometimes (and it’s always hard for me to figure out exact issues over some brief online descriptions) it isn’t that they are tight because they are needing more stretching, but the pain and stiffness is caused by the actual hip flexors themselves being weak or the muscles around them being weak (and then getting overly stressed in training due to how weak they are).

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I never stretch or similar. Do much cardio- sprinting, running, elliptical, spinning. (stopped spinning as well as that was recommended when pain in the area) I do recall the original burst of pain on July 31, 2022 when squatting deep and heavier than the norm and going for extra reps. Mojo wicked stuff, usually it does not get the better of me. It did and had a year of on/off/on pain. I am squatting deep and with less weight than usual. Still no spinning.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I should have updated in late 2023. Worked it all out. Back to normal.

Last edited: