Would DMZ interfere with prescription steroid Methylprednisolone for back?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey all,

I am recovering from a lower back muscle pill and my doctor has me on a blister pack of methylprednisolone for recover for a total of six days. My question is does anyone know if I started a cycle of DMZ while taking it. if that would interfere with the effectiveness of the prednisone?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would take the time to heal so you can hit your cycle 100% !

Happy New Year
Happy New Year! I’m going easy on the lower back, but you no me I’m gonna cycle unless it interferes. Maybe the roids coupled with some sarms might even accelerate the healing lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah you’re adding another oral medication, so it’s not really that the DMZ would interfere directly with the methylpred so much as in the big picture adding a toxic compound that increases systemic inflammation isn’t going to have your back recovering as quickly, and bonus your liver has a bit more to handle.

DMZ is heavy artillery; don’t waste it. I would just give it a week or two before beginning. You are still going to need to baby a pull for weeks generally to avoid re-tearing it.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah you’re adding another oral medication, so it’s not really that the DMZ would interfere directly with the methylpred so much as in the big picture adding a toxic compound that increases systemic inflammation isn’t going to have your back recovering as quickly, and bonus your liver has a bit more to handle.

DMZ is heavy artillery; don’t waste it. I would just give it a week or two before beginning. You are still going to need to baby a pull for weeks generally to avoid re-tearing it.
Yep.
... And BP, water retention ....

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Thanks. I will be done with the medication on Tuesday and probably wait till the following week to start the cycle. Can’t do **** if your back doesn’t recover. Thanks for the input and advice as always @Hyde and my other buds! May even wait two weeks if I feel healing is not coming as quickly as I had hoped.

Last edited:
Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good point. I didn’t realize either that the medicine was methylated even though it had the name “methyl” in it…DUH!!!! Definitely don’t want to do that.
I actually just ran that exact med. a couple month ago. I had some concerns but was fine…little headache/tiredness with it

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I actually just ran that exact med. a couple month ago. I had some concerns but was fine…little headache/tiredness with it
Oh ya, what were you recovering from and did it help a lot? I think it increase my hunger, but that is fine for me for New Years Eve I normally pig out anyway!

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh ya, what were you recovering from and did it help a lot? I think it increase my hunger, but that is fine for me for New Years Eve I normally pig out anyway!
Real bad inner ear infection thing….Yeah a week of that good pharma blister pack knocked it out

I been eating all night…back on the gym grind Monday and maybe a cardio park walk tomorrow

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,

I am recovering from a lower back muscle pill and my doctor has me on a blister pack of methylprednisolone for recover for a total of six days. My question is does anyone know if I started a cycle of DMZ while taking it. if that would interfere with the effectiveness of the prednisone?
Stacking an anabolic (methyl or otherwise) is usually a good idea on corticometrics. Even something mild like DHEA can help mitigate the catabolic and negative immune aspects of corticosteroid use, without ruining the anti-inflammatory benefits.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Stacking an anabolic (methyl or otherwise) is usually a good idea on corticometrics. Even something mild like DHEA can help mitigate the catabolic and negative immune aspects of corticosteroid use, without ruining the anti-inflammatory benefits.
You’re a doctor they same way Dr. Dre is

IMG_6018.JPG

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Daaang, Dre been doin' some upper body work. He gotz them Traps on swole!

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah this makes some sense.. but why dual methyl compounds at the same time? That's just silly, better have extra NAC and TUDCA lol.. should just use another non methyl pH or even DHEA like you suggested to preserve muscle then.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Yeah this makes some sense.. but why dual methyl compounds at the same time? That's just silly, better have extra NAC and TUDCA lol.. should just use another non methyl pH or even DHEA like you suggested to preserve muscle then.
It doesn't have to be a methyl, that's true, but I don't think it's necessarily a problem either. I mean, we're talking about using enough to attenuate the catabolism of a low-dosed cortisol agonist, right? Not a full out 'on cycle dose' of 2 methyls. Besides, the dangers of stacking methyls is true, and it's no game for the novice to play, but on the same token it is often greatly exaggerated in my observations.

Also, the studies I've seen evaluating the anticatabolic potential of various androgens DID test a lot of methyls, which makes them convenient since the data already exists! For example, 10mg Anadrol restores a positive nitrogen balance against 30mg Prednisolone, 7.5mg DBol against 1.5mg Dexamethasone, etc..

But so did the non-methyls and esters tested, like 50mg Test Prop protects against the tissue catabolism induced by 100mg Cortisol. I don't have any empirical data on DHEA, but subjectively it seems to work if you take enough.

Last edited: