Wish him luck!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Wish him luck! (Video added)

My 14 year old boy has been lifting with me for the last 9 months or so. He entered the dead lift competition at our gym. He's 6'2" and 155 lbs. His best pull to date is 250lbs. Not too shabby for a 14 yo! I'll try to get some videos with my cell phone and post it up later.

Last edited:
zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Good for him! Good luck son of the RedWolf! :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You must be a proud Dad. Here is some well wishes for both of you. :thumbsup:

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys! Yep, I'm proud of him. He has overcome some things in life (some of wich I am responsible for) and is becomming a fine young man. I am blessed to have a child like him.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
So is today game time?

All tha best. :)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats sweeeeet! One day my boy will be doing the same only itll be 315! hahaha. best wishes

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Well, competition is good for this boy. About 3 weeks ago he pulled 245. It was ugly, but he got it up. I've had him doing lower back excersizes (hypers) once a week and he's been really working hard on his technique. It paid off.

Today, his first pull was at 215, and it came up with no problems. Next pull was at 230, and it too came up easily. Next was 245, and he made it look simple. Because he hit all 3 of his attempts, they gave him one more. He went for 260 and had no troubles locking it in. Everybody cheered him on, and the owner of the gym told him to take another lift. He went for 275. He nailed it. Made it look so easy, that I think he could have pulled 300 today.

He took first in his age/weight class. (In all honesty, he was the only one in his age class) I'll post videos when I figgure out how to convert them from the format my cell phone uses.

Biggest lift of the day was 585, and the guy that did it looked to be in his early 60's.

We all had a great time.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wow. 14 and already 6`2 ! crazy. i wish him luck!
can they listen to music while they lift?

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
He took first in his age/weight class. (In all honesty, he was the only one in his age class) I'll post videos when I figgure out how to convert them from the format my cell phone uses.
Most cellphones use 3gp format there several programs that do that if you cant find one PM or email me [email protected]

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Zombie, thats exactly the format they are in. I'm at work until midnight, but I'll probably drop you a line tomorrow.

Chad, yep, they can listen to music if they choose to. He didn't, but usually has his mp3 player with him when he's working out.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Red that's great man. Its a wonderful thing to watch a kid grow and developed as you try to guide him. and every milestone they reach in there lives just gives you such a nice warm fuzzy feeling.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Here's the video of his last pull. This is 275.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MANotaur General Chat 26
The Matrix Male Anti-Aging Medicine 14
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 0
General Chat 34
Weight Loss 12