Will TRT help my joint & tendon pain?

Extermin8

Extermin8

Awards
I am nearly 45, been training fairly consistently for nearly 5 years now. Having a PT most weeks for the last three years and in the Gym 2 - 3 times a week on my own. Before I turned 40 I had shoulder impingement issues, stiff thoracic spine and numbness often in my hands. The pain was excruciating sometimes, and left my arm useless for work ( I am an electrician so often use my arms above my head ) I used the local swimming pool, swim Gym for over a year just to get mobility and basic strength back. After about 5 hydrocortisone, X rays & MRI they got the injection in the right place and it helped massively. I was offered surgery to remove spurs of bone off of the affected shoulder, I turned it down and trained hard instead. My weight went up from 70 - 85kg, mostly fat but also muscle

For the last year or so I just seem to be bouncing from one joint injury to the next, bad knees, the other shoulder going down hill, elbow tendonitis & now the numbness is some returning sometimes. I try to take as little pain killers as possible, but sometimes I have to just to get through work and daily life
( Codine & Naproxen ) this has obviously affected my training and progress.

I have now approached my GP to get my bloods tested for my testosterone levels, as I feel they could be low. Has any one had good results from TRT or just using Testosterone in regards to healing, repair and helping muscle growth. I am not looking to get jacked, I just want to get out of the depressing loop of work causing pain & injury then having time off of work to heal up and get back to training and work.

I am Currently about 75KG, 186cm 12% body fat. I have had reasonable newbie gains but struggling to push through this next barrier, due to the constant injuries & pain.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It’s probably not going to do anything for your issues. Some mobility work and strengthening excessive could help the impingements, thoracic flexibility. Work on that and working on strength imbalances

Extermin8

Extermin8

Awards
It’s probably not going to do anything for your issues. Some mobility work and strengthening excessive could help the impingements, thoracic flexibility. Work on that and working on strength imbalances
Thanks, I have been working hard on the mobility & strength, but I use seem to get injured and take a long time to heal up and get back to were I was.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Unless your estro levels were tanked I doubt that TRT is going to be a major factor in pain reduction. It can help with increasing GH a little if your test was very low it can effect GH production. However more than likely the benefit you would get out of it is if you are actually low on T your results with what you can do should improve once test is in normal levels.

Have you checked in with a doctor who specializes in arthritis? It can affect multiple joints and could be part of the issue. If so you want to address that as it only gets worse. Also if you are serious about pain reduction you may want to listen to the ortho that recommended you clean up the bone spurs. They are only going to continue to cause friction and possibly damage to your connective tissue unless in a place they are not actually causing a problem which sounds unlikely if that is what the doctor recommended.

Other things to consider is researching with compounds like BPC-157 and TB500 which have both been shown to improve recovery in those areas. You have to purchase these as research chemicals to use on your wounded research rat. Another option to help with healing would be MK-677 again a research chemical that increases GH and IGF-1 quite a bit.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dosent help me any, I would look into real GH, possibly a healing peptide like bpc 157
We also carry mk677 and cjc, these may have minor healing effects too.

Fish oil, cissus, glucosamine, things that promote collagen synthesis. Ect.

View attachment 223895

Discount code 👆💪✌
@Smont You just wanted a chance to show off those delts!!! Damn It I am jealous!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol, now if the rest of my body could catch up to my shoulders I'd be all set
I feel that way about my back and legs compared to the rest of my body. I have the back of a Silver Back, and shredded legs with a nice sweep. Everything else needs to grow grow grow!

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
55 yr old here. I have gotten rid of pretty much all my aches and pains by stopping doing movements that are causing problems and doing movements that condition and align my body and rehab myself from weekly powerlifting (Mostly conditioning like ropes, carries, lunges, sled dragging, McGill big three, band work etc..) TRT will do little to nothing to help your joints.

Extermin8

Extermin8

Awards
Unless your estro levels were tanked I doubt that TRT is going to be a major factor in pain reduction. It can help with increasing GH a little if your test was very low it can effect GH production. However more than likely the benefit you would get out of it is if you are actually low on T your results with what you can do should improve once test is in normal levels.

Have you checked in with a doctor who specializes in arthritis? It can affect multiple joints and could be part of the issue. If so you want to address that as it only gets worse. Also if you are serious about pain reduction you may want to listen to the ortho that recommended you clean up the bone spurs. They are only going to continue to cause friction and possibly damage to your connective tissue unless in a place they are not actually causing a problem which sounds unlikely if that is what the doctor recommended.

Other things to consider is researching with compounds like BPC-157 and TB500 which have both been shown to improve recovery in those areas. You have to purchase these as research chemicals to use on your wounded research rat. Another option to help with healing would be MK-677 again a research chemical that increases GH and IGF-1 quite a bit.
Hi I have only just approached my Dr about getting my bloods tested for my T levels. The arthritis is local to the injured / over used joints and doesn't seem to affect my all my joints luckily. My left shoulder is great now ( I am a lefty ) compared to how it was, but my right shoulder is now going down hill probably due to me using it more. I think it is more a rotator cuff injury, causing pain & spasms in the shoulder & muscles, now giving me a lower bicep tendonitis at the elbow rather than joint issue.

I was hoping that increasing my T, would help with repairing the tendons, cartilage and muscles due to increased protein up take. I will look in to the compounds that you recommended. thanks.

Extermin8

Extermin8

Awards
I warm up with bands doing my rehab exercise, and have worked hard on the mucle Imbalances with my PT over the years. I did a lot of yoga early on in my rehab days an think I over stretched my muscles ( I am hyper mobile ) I am now tying tighten things up and get strength in the muscles to protect the joints.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hi I have only just approached my Dr about getting my bloods tested for my T levels. The arthritis is local to the injured / over used joints and doesn't seem to affect my all my joints luckily. My left shoulder is great now ( I am a lefty ) compared to how it was, but my right shoulder is now going down hill probably due to me using it more. I think it is more a rotator cuff injury, causing pain & spasms in the shoulder & muscles, now giving me a lower bicep tendonitis at the elbow rather than joint issue.

I was hoping that increasing my T, would help with repairing the tendons, cartilage and muscles due to increased protein up take. I will look in to the compounds that you recommended. thanks.
Unfortunately testosterone won't...that's why guys on gear tear them all the time. Your muscles get too big and strong too quick for th joints and tendons. GH is better suited for what you're looking for as far as the joint thing but other than that it's going to be all physical therapy type stuff like the bros o here mentioned I know it sucks but it is what it is.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Getting old brother. My shoulders are so fucked I can't do barbell.

When I do chest it takes forever. I start with rotator exercises and start with 30 pound dumbells. Then I press every dumbell in ten increments up to 125s for 10-12 reps. Working up slowly helps prevent the pain. My strength is still there but my shoulders aren't.

I was chatting with a retired ranger at the gym. He's 72 and on zero nsiad, meds etc.
He swears by glucosamine chondroitin..
I may give it run, check it out.
Good luck

Extermin8

Extermin8

Awards
I suplement
Unfortunately testosterone won't...that's why guys on gear tear them all the time. Your muscles get too big and strong too quick for th joints and tendons. GH is better suited for what you're looking for as far as the joint thing but other than that it's going to be all physical therapy type stuff like the bros o here mentioned I know it sucks but it is what it is.
Yep I have heard this about fast strength gains & joint issues, but the weight Im lifting I would be lucky to tear paper pants of my behind. :ROFLMAO::LOL:.

Extermin8

Extermin8

Awards
55 yr old here. I have gotten rid of pretty much all my aches and pains by stopping doing movements that are causing problems and doing movements that condition and align my body and rehab myself from weekly powerlifting (Mostly conditioning like ropes, carries, lunges, sled dragging, McGill big three, band work etc..) TRT will do little to nothing to help your joints.
Yep been doing a fair bit of conditioning in my PT sessions & rehab in my own time. Its seems to be more the ligaments, tendons and where they turn in to muscles that get aggravated it not bone rubbing issues now than F*@K. was I hoping a shot of T would help the softer tissues heal up faster, and get me in to a better head space.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep been doing a fair bit of conditioning in my PT sessions & rehab in my own time. Its seems to be more the ligaments, tendons and where they turn in to muscles that get aggravated it not bone rubbing issues now than F*@K. was I hoping a shot of T would help the softer tissues heal up faster, and get me in to a better head space.
Yeah, if looking for aid in recovery the BPC-157, TB500, and MK-677 are probably going to be your best bet. You could also check into PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injections into the affected joints that is supposed to be very restorative. They take your plasma, spin it out concentrate the platelets and inject into the joint. I am using BPC-157 now to aid in recovery for my shoulder surgery.

Extermin8

Extermin8

Awards
Getting old brother. My shoulders are so fucked I can't do barbell.

When I do chest it takes forever. I start with rotator exercises and start with 30 pound dumbells. Then I press every dumbell in ten increments up to 125s for 10-12 reps. Working up slowly helps prevent the pain. My strength is still there but my shoulders aren't.

I was chatting with a retired ranger at the gym. He's 72 and on zero nsiad, meds etc.
He swears by glucosamine chondroitin..
I may give it run, check it out.
Good luck

Yes I do supplement with chondroitin & glucosamine, turmeric & rose hip, Omega 3,6,9, Vitamin pill, creatine & protein. it all helps. Im Just looking for the next level, to help the up take of the supplements & protein for faster repair and healing.

Extermin8

Extermin8

Awards
Thank you everyone for you input, It is more a soft tissue problem now, not the bone scraping and impingement in the shoulders i suffered years ago, but more the tendons in the lower bicep at the inner elbow that are given me grief now, tendonitis I believe. I was hoping some of you may have found testosterone helping healing and recovery times after injurys in the tissues around the joints.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thank you everyone for you input, It is more a soft tissue problem now, not the bone scraping and impingement in the shoulders i suffered years ago, but more the tendons in the lower bicep at the inner elbow that are given me grief now, tendonitis I believe. I was hoping some of you may have found testosterone helping healing and recovery times after injurys in the tissues around the joints.
Your nerve belly going the side of the neck and that travel along the clavicle and then down the bicep are most likely impeded. I know what your describing well. PM me for what was my solution after trying everything.