Wife Has COVID-19

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oxygen usage is at 100%, they keep wanting me off the machines and get on the ventilator. I am going to die people… help me.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oxygen usage is at 100%, they keep wanting me off the machines and get on the ventilator. I am going to die people… help me.
you need to stay positive - the mind is the most powerful tool we have. Believe you will be ok, your strong and powerful, you got this.

let the professionals do what they think is best imo, they are there to help you.

Absolutely sending you all the best wishes for your speedy recovery xx

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Praying multiple times a day for you. I feel helpless outside of that. I hope you have someone advocating for you and by your side.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well folks, it probably doesn’t take someone with my experience in the field and COVID experience to recognize that once you are on 100% oxygen via CPAP/BIPAP or HFNC, intubation and being placed on a ventilator is imminent, and the only real option. Unless you can bypass the lungs and oxygenate via ECMO. This is not common though and most facilities don’t have the resources these days. It obviously doesn’t sound like it was an option offered to Pucchah.

I am quite convinced she is on a ventilator as we speak, as long as she gave consent of course. Most people do when the options are exhausted and their life is on the line. I still don’t know her age or possible prior health issues (I guess I just assume she has none), but what she does have going for her is that she is a female.

About a month ago, the only woman we have intubated lately that happened to also be unvaccinated was 50 or 60 y/o and quite obese. She was on 100% oxygen as well via HFNC on her first day of admission when she agreed to intubation. She did remarkably well on the ventilator and only required it for 3 or 4 days. She ended up requiring zero oxygen within 1 to 2 weeks and was discharged essentially at her baseline of health. I pray this will be the path laying ahead of Puccah as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well folks, it probably doesn’t take someone with my experience in the field and COVID experience to recognize that once you are on 100% oxygen via CPAP/BIPAP or HFNC, intubation and being placed on a ventilator is imminent, and the only real option. Unless you can bypass the lungs and oxygenate via ECMO. This is not common though and most facilities don’t have the resources these days. It obviously doesn’t sound like it was an option offered to Pucchah.

I am quite convinced she is on a ventilator as we speak, as long as she gave consent of course. Most people do when the options are exhausted and their life is on the line. I still don’t know her age or possible prior health issues (I guess I just assume she has none), but what she does have going for her is that she is a female.

About a month ago, the only woman we have intubated lately that happened to also be unvaccinated was 50 or 60 y/o and quite obese. She was on 100% oxygen as well via HFNC on her first day of admission when she agreed to intubation. She did remarkably well on the ventilator and only required it for 3 or 4 days. She ended up requiring zero oxygen within 1 to 2 weeks and was discharged essentially at her baseline of health. I pray this will be the path laying ahead of Puccah as well.
thanks ricky, a lot of us are praying for our friend puccah. i think i remember her saying she is 40 and has a workout thread with @love2liftkat so she is in decent shape?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
thanks ricky, a lot of us are praying for our friend puccah. i think i remember her saying she is 40 and has a workout thread with @love2liftkat so she is in decent shape?
I just checked out the thread and it didn’t take me long to find out that she is currently 39. So good memory! It’s a very long thread so I didn’t sift through it all to find other stats/info. I think it’s safe to assume she is in average to above average shape as well.

I suspect that if we don’t hear an update today, we can safely assume her care has been advanced to mechanical ventilation. If anyone would do well with that, it would certainly appear to be her!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi everyone,

I got transferred into the icu yesterday after spending a day and a half waiting for a room in the ER. I’ve been going back and forth between the c-pat and the regular breathing machine. I’m trying my best to not to get put on a ventilator.

My numbers drop quite often on the breathing machine, depending on my movements or if I’m eating/coughing.

It’s easier for me to sleep with a c-pat so I don’t have to breathe as hard.

I’m really scared, guys. @ricky, do I sound like I’m getting better?

Thank you for all your thoughts and concerns. This is so scary.
Girl I’m praying you improve! Is there a way someone can get some vitamin D3, zinc and vitamin C to you?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh my goodness! I’m just seeing this. I didn’t know! Praying!! She’s 39

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hi everyone,

I got transferred into the icu yesterday after spending a day and a half waiting for a room in the ER. I’ve been going back and forth between the c-pat and the regular breathing machine. I’m trying my best to not to get put on a ventilator.

My numbers drop quite often on the breathing machine, depending on my movements or if I’m eating/coughing.

It’s easier for me to sleep with a c-pat so I don’t have to breathe as hard.

I’m really scared, guys. @ricky, do I sound like I’m getting better?

Thank you for all your thoughts and concerns. This is so scary.
Holy krap, just seen this, hope you get well soon stay strong!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been looking at this quite often today looking for an update. I see she logged in this morning at 8:36 (EST) but didn’t comment. This tells me that she was not on a ventilator yet at that time, as you are heavily sedated with your hands restrained to the bed. The restraints are necessary to prevent the patient from inadvertently or purposefully pulling out the endotracheal tube. It’s not intended to be cruel..

Patients who are difficult to ventilate also often receive a paralytic. In any case, she wouldn’t be logging in or out of her smart device.

It’s very common for people to have a discussion with their physician and come to an agreement to “wait one more day“ in hopes of improvement. However, I have never seen it at my hospital once your oxygen requirement is 100%. Maybe she will hop on here later tonight or tomorrow and surprise us with good news!

On another note, guess who got the Pfizer booster yesterday 🤫

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have been looking at this quite often today looking for an update. I see she logged in this morning at 8:36 (EST) but didn’t comment. This tells me that she was not on a ventilator yet at that time, as you are heavily sedated with your hands restrained to the bed. The restraints are necessary to prevent the patient from inadvertently or purposefully pulling out the endotracheal tube. It’s not intended to be cruel..

Patients who are difficult to ventilate also often receive a paralytic. In any case, she wouldn’t be logging in or out of her smart device.

It’s very common for people to have a discussion with their physician and come to an agreement to “wait one more day“ in hopes of improvement. However, I have never seen it at my hospital once your oxygen requirement is 100%. Maybe she will hop on here later tonight or tomorrow and surprise us with good news!

On another note, guess who for the Pfizer booster yesterday 🤫
lots of people are praying for her!!!

did you volunteer for booster or was there coercion involved?

Last edited:
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
did you volunteer for booster or was there coercion involved?
No coercion. If you really want me to be honest, I was on the fence about the booster. Once I heard about puccah, it swayed me more in favor of getting the booster. It was a reminder to me that nobody is exempt from severe illness, and she is younger than me by 6 years. Of course I see this all the time in real life, but I still haven’t had a critical patient as young as her that we also presume to be healthy.

Also, since I suffered no ill sides from my first 2 Pfizer shots, and don’t know how I would respond to the China virus, I just kind of considered all that and decided that would be the choice for me..

Man, she got this one right in my deltoid! The first 2 I didn’t even feel. This time I felt the jab, and my arm is definitely more sore this time. It’s like someone punched me in the arm! Coincidentally, I was also punched in the same arm yesterday by a CNA that I was harassing, so who knows what is actually causing the pain :LOL:

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No coercion. If you really want me to be honest, I was on the fence about the booster. Once I heard about puccah, it swayed me more in favor of getting the booster. It was a reminder to me that nobody is exempt from severe illness, and she is younger than me by 6 years. Of course I see this all the time in real life, but I still haven’t had a critical patient as young as her that we also presume to be healthy.

Also, since I suffered no ill sides from my first 2 Pfizer shots, and don’t know how I would respond to the China virus, I just kind of considered all that and decided that would be the choice for me..

Man, she got this one right in my deltoid! The first 2 I didn’t even feel. This time I felt the jab, and my arm is definitely more sore this time. It’s like someone punched me in the arm! Coincidentally, I was also punched in the same arm yesterday by a CNA that I was harassing, so who knows what is actually causing the pain :LOL:
how many more 'BOOSTER' shots are you planning on getting?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Although I’ve been blowing up her phone, I just keep looking here hoping she’s posted! I hate not knowing!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
how many more 'BOOSTER' shots are you planning on getting?
At this time, I don’t think we or I can predict that as we don’t know which direction the virus will take in the short or long term. Of course I would much prefer to not get any more boosters. I will just have to continue making the best choice for me at the time given current circumstances I suppose..

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pfizer thanks your for your sacrifice! lol Sorry you're being forced to do things.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I keep coming back hoping she is doing ok. Even though I knew it was possible for healthy people to get really sick I thought it was so unlikely from the data and even anecdotally(know a ton of people that got it so far) to see it in a forum like this. I never know what to do or say in these situations especially with someone I don’t really know but I really hope Puccah is doing ok.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I keep coming back hoping she is doing ok. Even though I knew it was possible for healthy people to get really sick I thought it was so unlikely from the data and even anecdotally(know a ton of people that got it so far) to see it in a forum like this. I never know what to do or say in these situations especially with someone I don’t really know but I really hope Puccah is doing ok.
well said.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Same. Shows she logged on today. Hoping she is just resting and recovering! Praying still

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pfizer thanks your for your sacrifice! lol Sorry you're being forced to do things.
I wasn’t forced to do anything. I got my original Pfizer series way before the mandate and the booster I elected to receive 2 days ago was completely optional. I’m always a step ahead of the game….haha. Except of course in those instances that I am not..

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I got to know Puccah within the last year in the Trump thread. She doesn‘t support the Biden administration, BLM, drowning kittens, or anything else hateful and destructive. She’s a good person!
Same. Shows she logged on today. Hoping she is just resting and recovering! Praying still
Watcha talkin bout Willis? I’m still seeing yesterday morning at 8:36 AM (EST)?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I got to know Puccah within the last year in the Trump thread. She doesn‘t support the Biden administration, BLM, drowning kittens, or anything else hateful and destructive. She’s a good person!

yeah last login hasn’t changed. I’m guessing if she’s on a vent that’s to be expected though right?

I’m not a religious man but praying for good news soon

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
yeah last login hasn’t changed. I’m guessing if she’s on a vent that’s to be expected though right?

Well yea when you’re on a vent you’re unconscious. That’s why it’s so scary. When they intubate you, you know that you may never wake up. It must be terrifying

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Correct.

Propofol, Fentanyl, and Precedex are the common choices for keeping patients comfortable/sedated while having a tube in their trachea. As I said before, some (many lately) even have to be paralyzed. This is done so we can take all of the patients own efforts to breath out of the equation which leads to much smoother ventilation and also decreases the pressure needed to ventilate them. Then you also have the wrist restraints.

There are very rare exceptions. Some people don’t require any sedation and can just hang out in the hospital bed completely awake on a ventilator like it’s no big deal. In fact, the 50-60 y/o obese woman we had about a month ago with COVID was one of those people who didn’t require any sedation on the ventilator and was wide awake just chillin. I don’t really understand it myself, and I would much rather be knocked out for the entire experience like most people!

We won’t be hearing from Puccah again until she is liberated from the ventilator that we can all presume she is requiring now..😟

Last edited:
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

She’s become one of my best friends since I joined AM. She’s an amazing person and would do anything for anyone. Such an incredible heart! Not to mention one of the strongest women I know physically and mentally!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
She’s become one of my best friends since I joined AM. She’s an amazing person and would do anything for anyone. Such an incredible heart! Not to mention one of the strongest women I know physically and mentally!
All of those attributes will serve her well. It will be a happy day when we hear from her again!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

My bad I just saw the date under her name and figured that was last login.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey peeps….come show your support for @puccah8808 here!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Rest in Peace, Puccah8808.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Remembering Puccah

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think everyone feels as I do, that bumping this thread is difficult due to the loss of Puccah. But I also think it's critical to stay abreast of everything that's happening, and to recognize that covid is not the only risk, or even possibly the primary risk; that it would be easy to be frightened into capitulating to the vax pressure due to this, for those against it, even if you didn't want to before.

A good read: Italy revises its death toll (I'm trying to source the ISS doc itself).

Big mess in the death report. For the ISS, most of the deaths were not caused by Covid - Il Tempo (www-iltempo-it.translate.goog)

A new peer reviewed doc in Toxicology, long as hell, but excoriating.

Why are we vaccinating children against COVID-19? (nih.gov)

Now, in Australia, they have virtually no covid due to severe lockdowns and restrictions (and frequent beatdowns by jackbooted thugs), yet hospitals 'are under enormous pressure':

Robert W Malone, MD on Twitter: "Can anyone from Australia please clarify what is going on with the hospitals? https://t.co/9eV5G1HGbz" / Twitter

Not just Australia though:

Something Really Strange Is Happening At Hospitals All Over America | ZeroHedge

Same in Sweden:

Increase in seriously ill people in the emergency room – no one knows why: "Record month" - P4 Jönköping | Sveriges Radio

Proceed with extreme caution.

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think everyone feels as I do, that bumping this thread is difficult due to the loss of Puccah. But I also think it's critical to stay abreast of everything that's happening, and to recognize that covid is not the only risk, or even possibly the primary risk; that it would be easy to be frightened into capitulating to the vax pressure due to this, for those against it, even if you didn't want to before.

A good read: Italy revises its death toll (I'm trying to source the ISS doc itself).

Big mess in the death report. For the ISS, most of the deaths were not caused by Covid - Il Tempo (www-iltempo-it.translate.goog)

Now, in Australia, they have virtually no covid due to severe lockdowns and restrictions (and frequent beatdowns by jackbooted thugs), yet hospitals 'are under enormous pressure':

Robert W Malone, MD on Twitter: "Can anyone from Australia please clarify what is going on with the hospitals? https://t.co/9eV5G1HGbz" / Twitter

Same in Sweden:

Increase in seriously ill people in the emergency room – no one knows why: "Record month" - P4 Jönköping | Sveriges Radio

The CDC does officially recognize the side effects in youth, but nobody acknowledges it:

NIH Does have ivermectin listed as a drug to battle covid, although I can't find the page right now. this is the closest I can find at the moment, which states that yes it does work, however they think the dosage required is too high

according to the CDC there have been 576 deaths under the age of 18 tied to COVID
we can assume some of that is totally bogus for obvious reasons, but that 576 represents

.0000122 of all the cases
.000746 of all the COVID deaths in the states

it makes COVID around twice as deadly as the flu in children which is a number that is essentially zero.

for comparrison
that's one death under the age of 18 for every 81,932 cases.
odds of being struck by lightening are 1 in 15,000

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
here in WA cases peaked the week of 9/7 (labor day weekend essentially?)
and have been on a downward trend ever since. Despite that, we have new mandates "orders" in play.
Cali is pushing for the vaccination mandate in school children
king county requires a proof of vaccination to enter a restaurant or bar or gym (but does not require your ID to match the vax proof)
WA has fired at least 74 troopers that I know of, Seattle is down around 400 cops in the past year, many recently due to vax mandates
The local ferry system has been crushed by route closures due to vax requirements leading to sick-outs and terminations, etc etc etc

Herd immunity IS winning, but despite that, they continue to push to vaccinate those people who are not at risk.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
here in WA cases peaked the week of 9/7 (labor day weekend essentially?)
and have been on a downward trend ever since. Despite that, we have new mandates "orders" in play.
Cali is pushing for the vaccination mandate in school children
king county requires a proof of vaccination to enter a restaurant or bar or gym (but does not require your ID to match the vax proof)
WA has fired at least 74 troopers that I know of, Seattle is down around 400 cops in the past year, many recently due to vax mandates
The local ferry system has been crushed by route closures due to vax requirements leading to sick-outs and terminations, etc etc etc

Herd immunity IS winning, but despite that, they continue to push to vaccinate those people who are not at risk.
Might not be true as I haven't researched it enough, but I heard schools will be offering the vaccine. No mistaken identity and accidental vaccines for my kids. Absolutely not.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One note: the 576 is less than the flu kills yearly. The flu season is a short, month-long period over the winter months, whereas covid season is apparently as long as people want it to be, or 22 months now, at least.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
One note: the 576 is less than the flu kills yearly. The flu season is a short, month-long period over the winter months, whereas covid season is apparently as long as people want it to be, or 22 months now, at least.

I don't have enough facts to have an opinion there or feedback. I pulled a number of "up to 199" per year in "children" annually from the CDC. But it doesn't indicate what a "child" is by age whereas my COVID deaths were ages 0-17 so even with those being a bit grey, I felt like the hard numbers were enough to basically develop an opinion that the expected death rate on children from COVID is essentially 0 still.

My 12yr old had it when he was 11 and never experienced more than the sniffles.

At this point I would be disgusted at the idea of jabbing my 12yr old otherwise healthy son with a non FDA approved experimental vaccine none to cause heart inflammation in youth, which doesn't prevent you from getting COVID at a time that he already has natural immunity.

watching the numbers plummet in my region does again, make me think herd immunity has always been the solution.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
the main news I think everyone needs to know is that theres a good chance most of the myocarditis is from injecting into a blood vessel. some are acknowledging the need to aspirate, but it's widely accepted to not be necessary. it's likely that the heart becomes the muscle to produce the spike protein.

watch them inject this kid with a 21 gauge without aspiration and then lots of blood comes out. hope she's ok

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
the main news I think everyone needs to know is that theres a good chance most of the myocarditis is from injecting into a blood vessel. some are acknowledging the need to aspirate, but it's widely accepted to not be necessary. it's likely that the heart becomes the muscle to produce the spike protein.

watch them inject this kid with a 21 gauge without aspiration and then lots of blood comes out. hope she's ok
I've heard that too. It's somewhat irrelevant: if they can't even instruct medical professionals on how to administer their vaccine, why should I trust them on more complicated issues, like this:

URGENT: Worrisome paper about the spike protein's impact on DNA and DNA repair
Alex Berenson
Nov 5
This science is at the edge of my ability to understand, much less critique, but the authors are real and at two major Swedish universities. The journal, though not in the top ranks, is real too.

Essentially the authors used a series of complex techniques to look for the full-length coronavirus spike protein - the one the mRNA (and DNA/AAV) vaccines cause your body to produce - inside the nucleus of our cells.

Remember, the reason vaccine fanatics insist that the mRNA vaccines are NOT gene therapies is that they supposedly have no impact on the nucleus of the cell, where we store our DNA, our core genetic material. Instead, the mRNA is degraded in the cytosol, which is outside the cell’s nucleus.

Some scientists have argued that under certain unlikely circumstances the mRNA can make its way into the nucleus - but that debate is actually irrelevant here. The authors were looking not for the vaccine material but for the presence of the coronavirus proteins, including the spike, in the nucleus.

And - to their surprise - they found the spike.

They then went on to examine how the spike protein might impact the repair of damaged DNA in the nucleus.

Over time, radiation, chemicals, and other molecular-level insults can introduce errors into our DNA, which can cause a cascade of catastrophic consequences, including cancer. To prevent this, our cells have mechanisms to repair their own DNA.

But - at least in the experiments these two scientists ran - the spike protein appeared to interfere with our own DNA repair proteins: “Mechanistically, we found that the spike protein localizes in the nucleus and inhibits DNA damage repair by impeding key DNA repair protein BRCA1 and 53BP1 recruitment to the damage site.”

To be clear, the scientists did NOT prove the spike protein was causing these problems in people, or even animals. Nor did they show they had found the spike protein in human nuclei following the administration of Covid vaccines. Their research was confined to cells - in vitro, not in vivo.

Nonetheless, at a time when advanced countries that have high mRNA (and DNA/AAV) vaccination rates are seeing unusually full hospitals and higher-than-normal death rates, they are yet more cause for concern. As the authors explained:

“Our findings reveal a potential molecular mechanism by which the spike protein might impede adaptive immunity and underscore the potential side effects of full-length spike-based vaccines.”

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

So, somehow the people administering the J&J vaccines have a better technique?

Just saying, if this is the case, why does the CDC article above clearly state the increased myocardial is not seen in the Jansen vax?

Not aiming this at you...but at the people trying to make these claims.

We all know on this board that IM injections don't stay 100% localized regardless.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Same in Sweden:

Dude, WTF is wrong with you? I've enjoyed your posts over the years but your lack of compassion/consideration in restarting this thread is truly astounding (especially when the top post, on the page of your post, is her fearful comment about dying). The least you could have done is start a new thread.

Last edited:
poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There's a lot of info in this that is important for people, and imo this issue may be life and death for everyone (and whether in the direction of the vax, or the virus, depends on a lot of factors). I wouldn't want that info separated or lost.

And I also don't want to forget puccah. I didn't know her, but this thread made me sad. Dismissing this thread isn't doing her memory any justice. I tried to express my hesitation in my post that bumped it, as best I can. Ymmv.