Why Crossfit sucks for MMA Part II

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
Great write up and I really agree with the horizontal plane point.pushing and pulling are huge components of fighting and grappling.Looking forward to part 3

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
come one everyone knows that crossfit is the best way to get big! Lifting random stuff and doing it with horrible form! Thats the best way!!

just kidding guys, good job rodja

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Awards
  • Established
Clint Darden had a pretty good one the other day about crossfit on his FB page.

"crossfit? I do real sports. I'm not trying to win a gold medal in exercising".

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope we won't be waiting 10 months for part III ;)

Br

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ryan, you ever read the Verkhoshansky S&C coach manual I sent you?

If so how was it?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope we won't be waiting 10 months for part III ;)

Br
Haha. yeah, I forgot about for awhile and then couldn't find my notes. I already made the outline for part III and should be able to hammer it out within 4 weeks.

Ryan, you ever read the Verkhoshansky S&C coach manual I sent you?

If so how was it?
I've gotten through bits and pieces. There's so much information that it's something that'll take years to fully digest.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Me too...
me 3.

thats a huge bomb to drop on us and not give it out. speaking of, if anyone has open sourced documentation they want to share i can setup an FTP site or website to share it on my servers. as long as its not pirated material.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Rodja, I come to you for help. I had 2 articles saved in my bookmarks explaining why CrossFit in general sucks specially for beginners...yet I changed computers and forgot to do a back up on my Book Marks, off the top of anyone's head...do Any of you (Or Rodja) have some articles behind it please? I got a friend who is not really used to Power Lifting or Strength training and mainly followed BBing routines and wants to get stronger...problem is the CrossFitters at the gym are scouting him for their ranks :(...I wanna save him from this, but he is like me...he asks for science and articles more than logic and reason behind my explanations.

Much appreciated if any of you can help with this! Google is being a darn arse atm...

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Rodja, I come to you for help. I had 2 articles saved in my bookmarks explaining why CrossFit in general sucks specially for beginners...yet I changed computers and forgot to do a back up on my Book Marks, off the top of anyone's head...do Any of you (Or Rodja) have some articles behind it please? I got a friend who is not really used to Power Lifting or Strength training and mainly followed BBing routines and wants to get stronger...problem is the CrossFitters at the gym are scouting him for their ranks :(...I wanna save him from this, but he is like me...he asks for science and articles more than logic and reason behind my explanations.

Much appreciated if any of you can help with this! Google is being a darn arse atm...
Here are a few.
http://www.tsmethod.com/blog/crossfit-workouts-what-is-wrong-with-crossfit/
http://fitfinity.net/2011/01/19/crossfit-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly/
http://www.scienceofrunning.com/2012/01/crossfit-endurance-tabata-sprints-and.html
Peace