Who the **** started the trend of posting about cheat meals constantly?

LoveCompeting

LoveCompeting

Awards
Now my rant for the day!

Who gives a **** if you have a cheat meal! Who gives a **** if you cheat at all? I see all these people out there who think its some big deal to have a cheat meal. What is the big deal? Today I saw some guy claiming he was having a cheat meal and he was eating halo top ice cream! WTF is that? Eat Ben N Jerry's atleast!

I just don't get why people feel they need to announce they are eating cheat meals? Does it really matter what the **** you eat as long as you are getting good results in the gym? It makes them come across like they have some eating disorder if they have to label foods as cheat meals and also make these "cheat meals" some big event that is posted on social media to be honest. Seriously in my book cheat meals do not exist as its just another food that you eat and you eat it according to your goals. No need to post about it constantly and make it seem like its some special thing that is off limits except for like once a week or post show. You eat it according to your goals, plain and simple. There is no limit on them and whoever thinks that is a moron. For example some people need calorie dense food multiple times a week due to their metabolism. People need to stop putting labels on food. Its sad when I see companies and individuals on social media putting their nose up at foods that are considered unhealthy. Everything in moderation is fine in my book as long as you know the right times to consume them. This is what causes eating disorders and that is not what we want when we are working hard in the gym. You pick the food you want to eat, you design the diet you want to follow, you eat it, and then you work hard. The only thing that matters is dedication and you figure out what works best for you. Every individual is different!

Your thoughts?

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
my thoughts?

why do you care? its a forum where people can post whatever they want and "cheat meals"/ food tend to be popular. why don't you go write this in your diary...
I'm sorry to come off as an as*, but based off your past posts, it actually seems like YOU are the one with the eating disorder/ skewed perspective. all of your posts have also been annoying as fu*k. you're an attention seeker, a hypocrite, annoying AF....etc. get yourself a my little pony or powder puff girl diary and write your emotions there.....

LoveCompeting

LoveCompeting

Awards
my thoughts?

why do you care? its a forum where people can post whatever they want and "cheat meals"/ food tend to be popular. why don't you go write this in your diary...
I'm sorry to come off as an as*, but based off your past posts, it actually seems like YOU are the one with the eating disorder/ skewed perspective. all of your posts have also been annoying as fu*k. you're an attention seeker, a hypocrite, annoying AF....etc. get yourself a my little pony or powder puff girl diary and write your emotions there.....
But how can you label a food as a cheat meal? They do not exist if you think about it. Its food you put in your mouth with built on macro's that you eat at certain times according to your goals. Just like with any other meal you eat. ITS ALL FOOD in my book.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Haha yeah it's only cheating if you chuck it up when you think about it

Dobs27

Dobs27

Awards
It's just excitement really.
My cheats are few and far between so that first bite makes me wanna cry

Why knock someones excitement?! Food is life. But cheats are a greater appreciation when you're constantly counting macs and eating right

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thoughts?

Its bad enough you think you can hold 50 lbs in a week off eating carbs
You are worried about eating disorders? you are the guy who claims he weighs himself multiple times a day and has made threads in regards to it

Do you even see your own red flags!? If not you should seek some mental therapy because everyone on here loses brain cells when we open your threads that ramble about your own personal opinions with no logical facts behind them.
tyga tyga Smont jtmass BloodManor Danes

You also wrote..

Seriously in my book cheat meals do not exist
But yet you are the guy posting about eating cheat meals

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/305702-juan-morel-cheat.html
When I was up in Michigan this year over 4th of July I had a massive cheat day which easily went over 10,000 cals. .
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/218232-what-your-favorite-441.html#post6086544

One of my next cheat's will definitely be at this place. Portillo's is the perfect place.......

]

Pot Kettle Black much?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Once upon a time I did in fact think that cheat meals existed but today I decided they don't and its unhealthy to label food as cheat meals. Others seem to agree with my point of view as well............

http://www.jaminthompson.com/blog/2010/11/13/5-new-school-cheat-meal-rules/
So you are admitting you are two faced?
You just contradicted yourself
Now everyone understands why you just magically can wake up and think about starting rants that have no logical meaning behind them...

But hey ... today you decided differently.

LoveCompeting

LoveCompeting

Awards
Now everyone understands why you just magically can wake up and think about starting rants that have no logical meaning behind them...

Ok whatever you say.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
WHY AND HOW DOES SOMEONE POSTING THEIR CHEAT MEAL EFFECT YOU?!

I can’t imagine being so distracted by what others do that it impacts MY life. Focus on yourself man.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for Bob's defense of the cheat meal thread... He's a great lawyer for my epic cheats. I'm definitely team cheat meals do exist

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I get both sides of the fence here. What I don't get is why people get so upset about opinions?

I mean, if I am dieting strictly and have a planned meal off the diet, or even one that is unplanned where I just fall off the wagon - great. It's a "cheat meal" and calling it that describes the fact it wasn't a functional part of my plan.

But I don't feel bad or assign any guilt to it either. It isn't the end of the world. H3ll, if I blow an entire week where my diet sucks or even a couple months - I just call that life. Sh1t happens, priorities change and we can all get better at things.

Lately my diet has not been a great diet on a lot of aspects. I have to lose weight, AGAIN. On some level I screwed up and lost gains and maybe even FAILED. It is all a state of mind and I just see it as part of the process of learning. On the other hand, I have made progress in areas of my diet. I have gotten better at cooking at home regularly and even gotten to the point where I would rather cook my own food than eat out at all. Fast food is something I have no desire at all for, not even temptation really, and even a restaurant is usually disappointing. I can often cook a better, healthier and more satisfying meal at home.

Right now, on some level, I have a cheat meal every day for dinner. But on the other hand, I can eat the same things day in and day out with little effort and those items nourish me and maintain my weight. Doing that with almost no effort is pretty big.

But I can also see how someone would see strict dieting with over excitement about a cheat meal as being a type of binge/purge cycle.

But in reality, you can pick on almost anyone's diet plan as being an eating disorder. I mean, if it is strict and planned, a lot of people will see that as a disorder. If it is loose and sloppy then you are likely over eating, and that could be seen as a disorder.

There are very few people in today's society, at least from what I see, who just naturally eat extremely healthy meals with no effort at all. I mean, you need to put in the effort at least to keep the pressures of society off your plate or you will be eating sugar and corn all the time everytime you spend anytime with anyone at all.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh, and for the record - you can learn a lot about dieting from the cheat meal "strategies" employed by different people. Bob is a prime example of this - he has great cheat ideas that take something that is good tasting and finds a way to fit it into a diet without driving the entire train off the rails. To him it seems easy, but I think about him and his strategies a lot when I am planning diets and figuring out how I gain "cheat" without scewing myself.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jesus christ.. Why do we constantly get people like these on the forum.

If you have a problem with others posting about cheat meals, take it to your mama and complain..

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jesus christ.. Why do we constantly get people like these on the forum.

If you have a problem with others posting about cheat meals, take it to your mama and complain..
Haha exactly !
I really dont get it. People can call it what the f... they want.
Sexy meal, cheat meal, crap meal, d1ck meal ..

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I had dim sum for 2 hours Saturday - cheat meal of heaven hnnnggg no fuks given

]
Bro.. Did you gain 50 pounds of water?
did you weigh yourself multiple times?
Did you make a deal with the devil and go keto?
Do you even train your legs?

Asking for a friend... or I mean.... OP

:) :) :) :) :)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bro.. Did you gain 50 pounds of water?
did you weigh yourself multiple times?
Did you make a deal with the devil and go keto?
Do you even train your legs?

Asking for a friend... or I mean.... OP

:) :) :) :) :)
I actually installed my toilet on a scale. I only eat while sitting on the toilet and monitoring my weight. If I gain weight, I stop eating until I excrete some mass, then I can take another bite.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I actually installed my toilet on a scale. I only eat while sitting on the toilet and monitoring my weight. If I gain weight, I stop eating until I excrete some mass, then I can take another bite.
GENIUS!..

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
lol live right by mama and papas pizzeria. I've been trying to find a team to take on the challenge!
Matt Stonie
Nadeer Rena
Erik Lamkin
Molly Schulyer
Furious Pete
Miki Sudo

^^^ Call out the big guns

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The OP's thread are almost always ridiculous, but I think there is some validity to his point.

For whatever reason, it seems as though since social media has become a large part of society, people feel the need to take picture, post, snapchat, whatever about the place they are at, food they are eating, etc. I think pictures and videos are great, to an extent. They do help us keep memories. However, some people spend the entire time at their event, dinner, etc. recording, taking pictures, or posting about it. I feel like we should live in the moment more than take pictures or whatever for social media.

I also think some people feel the need to prove that they are having a cheat meal or at event X. not saying that is anyone here, it might be, but for whatever reason, people need to prove they are doing something now. I don't know when or why this became a thing. But it absolutely is one.

I am nervous where our society is heading. I think more and more people are going to lose out on whatever event they are at because they are too busy on social media posting about the event instead of taking part in it.

Again, there is some validity to what the OP is saying, however, it may not pertain to anyone here. This issue, not so much taking pictures of meals, but focusing more on social media than the event itself, is something that is going to make people miss out on the live event.