Who downloads and burns DVD movies?

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
I have tons of blank DVD discs laying around, it's storming outside adn I'm extremely bored. I've been able to burn some movies before, but the quality was horrible. The full picture was either not on the screen, or the colors appeared very dark.

I was wondering who has, or does, burn DVD movies, what programs you've used to download the movies and burn them, etc.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I have tons of blank DVD discs laying around, it's storming outside adn I'm extremely bored. I've been able to burn some movies before, but the quality was horrible. The full picture was either not on the screen, or the colors appeared very dark.

I was wondering who has, or does, burn DVD movies, what programs you've used to download the movies and burn them, etc.
I'm sure detailed discussion breaks forum rules at some point. most flaws in video files are due to the qualities of the file itself. For general file burning, I'm currently using nero 7 ultra edition and magicISO. As for file sharing, pretty much everyone these days knows what a torrent file is and how they work, etc.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
it based off the file downloaded.
You may be able to change the ratio in some programs that it burns to, but often times that will skew the picture enev furture so.
Just try to find reputabel guys toDL form on the torrent sites.
Look for tags that mean ratio,HD,5.1 surround, etc.

On uTorrent, AXXIO and FXG are solid guys to use.
I have Nero 7 Ultra also.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I don't even waste my time burning dl'ed movies anymore, once a year I get the unlimited blockbuster pass and you DVDshrink to rip a bunch of movies. If you are going to download something reading peoples comments before downloading the particular file helps sometimes as well.

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
I only download AXXO torrents, which are HQ DVD rips. Pretty much about 99.9% accurate to the real movie itself.

I think I have things figured out. I'll ask for more help if needed.

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
So, I ended up successfully downloading a Family Guy movie as a torrent file on uTorrent. It completed and I opened it. I then used another program (Alcohol 120%) to turn the .AVI movie file into a .ISO image file, using the program's Image Making Wizard. Finally, I used ImgBurn to burn the .AVI-turned-.ISO file onto a disc, however, when I place the disc into my actual DVD player, it says 'Disc Loading' and then 'Open,' and the disc tray pops out. My computer and the disc (when in the hard drive) both say that the .ISO file is on the disc, but my DVD player isn't playing it.

Help please!

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Go buy a program called 'VisualHub'. It's possibly the best DVD program out there. I've NEVER had a problem with it.

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
How's the output quality, etc.?

Go buy a program called 'VisualHub'. It's possibly the best DVD program out there. I've NEVER had a problem with it.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I only download AXXO torrents, which are HQ DVD rips. Pretty much about 99.9% accurate to the real movie itself.

I think I have things figured out. I'll ask for more help if needed.

AXXO is the MAN.

:bruce1:

Glad he is back from his little break.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
So, I ended up successfully downloading a Family Guy movie as a torrent file on uTorrent. It completed and I opened it. I then used another program (Alcohol 120%) to turn the .AVI movie file into a .ISO image file, using the program's Image Making Wizard. Finally, I used ImgBurn to burn the .AVI-turned-.ISO file onto a disc, however, when I place the disc into my actual DVD player, it says 'Disc Loading' and then 'Open,' and the disc tray pops out. My computer and the disc (when in the hard drive) both say that the .ISO file is on the disc, but my DVD player isn't playing it.

Help please!

How old is your DVD player? Can it play burned DVD's? Some of the older ones don't work, only support DVD+ etc.

I broke down and bought a CHEAP progressive scan DVD player that plays Divx movies. I think it cost like $40 @ best buy. Now I just burn 5 or 6 Movie files onto a DVD and don't have to waste my time converting from Divx to DVD formats.

Saves me time AND money.

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
FXG and TeamPirateLive are great as well!

Though I don't know AXXO personally, I got concerned about him after hearing all the rumors around TPB. I heard he went down in a gunfight against the cops (lmfao) and also heard he was in jail. I guess the one claim that made the most sense was that he felt he needed to step out of the limelight since he was becoming so famous on the Internet for ripping, and uploading new and unreleased movies. Makes sense, though, unless he wants to make it easier for himself to get caught.

AXXO is the MAN.

:bruce1:

Glad he is back from his little break.

beefcake12901

Banned
Awards
I believe it's only about 3-5 years old now. It's built-in to my Apex televesion. I've burned movies before, though very poor quality, and they played on my television so I must've done something wrong in the process.

I was using Alcohol 120%'s Image Making Wizard to turn the movie file into an image oone and then using ImgBurn to burn the image file to a disc.

The whole process took about an hour or so and the progress looked great. My computer and the program were cooperating. I put the disc in my DVD player and it did absolutely nothing.

How old is your DVD player? Can it play burned DVD's? Some of the older ones don't work, only support DVD+ etc.

I broke down and bought a CHEAP progressive scan DVD player that plays Divx movies. I think it cost like $40 @ best buy. Now I just burn 5 or 6 Movie files onto a DVD and don't have to waste my time converting from Divx to DVD formats.

Saves me time AND money.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I believe it's only about 3-5 years old now. It's built-in to my Apex televesion. I've burned movies before, though very poor quality, and they played on my television so I must've done something wrong in the process.

I was using Alcohol 120%'s Image Making Wizard to turn the movie file into an image oone and then using ImgBurn to burn the image file to a disc.

The whole process took about an hour or so and the progress looked great. My computer and the program were cooperating. I put the disc in my DVD player and it did absolutely nothing.

Did you convert from DivX during that process of making DVD? The decoding of DivX movies always took HOURS for me. 1 hour start to finish seems fast.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Help please!

Try a different burning program. Try Nero. Personally all that sounds like a pain in the butt. Dvds are cheap these days anyway, you can get a used dvd movie for around $5.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Try a different burning program. Try Nero. Personally all that sounds like a pain in the butt. Dvds are cheap these days anyway, you can get a used dvd movie for around $5.
Yeah except I get movies BEFORE they are released on DVD, sometimes while they are still in the theatre (NOT screeners).

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
best bet is to forget the whole burning thing, and get an xbox or xbox 360, network it, and keep xvid/divx files on your pc instead. hard drive space is cheap, you can get a 500gb drive for $60-70, that holds easy 400+ movies in xvid/divx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jramoska Post Cycle Therapy 11
Supplements 135
roids1 General Chat 0
MMA 2
General Chat 8