White Flood Classic Review - LETS GET FLOODED

Killcure666

Awards
IMG_1359.jpg

Just got my classic white flood in the mail! I'll be logging my experience with this pre workout starting tomorrow. I've used the new white flood and absolutely love it, I've never tried the original version and cannot wait to use it tomorrow.

Let me start off with a little info about myself. I've been weight lifting for about 5 years and been a pre workout junkie since the beginning so I've tried A LOT. I'm also a chemistry major with a minor in biochemistry and LOVE exploring the science behind the supplements I use. I will be doing an in depth breakdown on the research supporting the ingredients in this preworkout so all you science lovers out there follow along!

I'm currently in a hypertrophy block of my training. Tracking sets per body part and increasing total sets every week up to a peak volume. I usually do multiple body parts per session. I will continue this hypertrophy block for the next 3 weeks and will then go into a 3 week strength block.

My training is centered around compound movements in the 8-12 rep range with isolation movements for metabolic stress. I will post detailed workout logs 3-4 a week depending on how many times I can get into the gym.

I will take this for the first time tomorrow and put up my initial thoughts!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! I'm in on this!

Killcure666

Awards
Training Session #1 with White Flood

Took 1 scoop with about 12oz of water about 30 minutes before beginning my workout. My first impression on the powder is that it is very fine and mixes well. The taste is pretty phenomenal! It does have a slight artificial taste to it but I can honestly say that this flavor is refreshing. Tomorrow I plan on mixing this with some 10oz of water and some ice. I felt the onset of the beta alanine tingles in about 20 minutes.

My workout today was a back focused hypertrophy session. My approach to hypertrophy is 60-90 seconds of rest with moderate-high intensity weight of 60-75% so its pretty fast paced and the pumps are always intense. Here is what I did today

Deadlifts (6 sets) 275lbs x 12, 315lbs x 8, 8, 8, 6, 6
Pull ups (4 sets) bodyweight x 12, 10, 8, 8
Wide grip cable rows (3 sets) 130lbs x 12, 12, 12
Lateral raises (2 sets) 25lbs x 12, 12
Hammer strength rows (2 sets) 90lbs x 12, 12
Preacher curls super set with bodyweight dips (4 sets of 12 reps)
Calves super set with abs (4 sets of 12 reps)

The major thing that sticks out to me about this pre workout is the focus! As soon as I started dead lifting I was in a flow state, time was just flying by and I was cutting my rest down to less than a minute for a few sets. Even now I still feel the focus from this pre workout. The pumps during my arm super sets were also intense! I look forward to continuing to use this pre workout especially if I can count on this insane focus.

I will be hitting the gym tomorrow as well and will post up a summary of that workout tomorrow night. I will also start a detailed breakdown of the ingredients in this pre workout one at a time. This means an exploration of its mechanism of action and a summary of current research on its effects on exercise performance. Tomorrows ingredient will be L-Arginine, stay tuned!

Killcure666

Awards
Thanks for following gentlemen, been busy but here's a run down of yesterday.

Took 1 scoop prior to hitting a high volume leg focused full body workout. Beta alanine tingles came in strong just as before!

Squats 245lbs x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
Straight leg DL 275lbs x 10, 10, 10, 10
Leg press 495lbs x 10, 10, 10, 10
Leg curls superset with leg extension for 4 sets
Standing calves 4 sets 12
Barbell rows 225lbs x 8, 8, 8, 8
Body weight pull ups 4 x 10
Incline DB press 80lbs x 8, 8, 8, 8

One thing I'm loving about this preworkout is the focus! I'm completely in the zone once I start going. I'm curious to see how a scoop would perform during an off day as a productivity aid. So far I'm getting nice clean energy with insane focus from this!

Hitting the gym later tonight, gonna do some chest and arms! Update later tonight or tomorrow

Killcure666

Awards
Hey guys been busy with work but it should be better after this past week. I was able to get into the gym yesterday and did a brutal leg and back workout.

I was curious how well this stuff works at a half scoop so i took half a scoop and hit the gym yesterday after work. Tingles did not come on as usual but the focus was still there!!

Leg curls 3 x 12
Squat drop sets!!
6 sets (275lbs, 225lbs, 135lbs)
Leg press 4 x 20
Pull ups 3 x 10
Kroc rows 100lbs x 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12

Had a killer pump! Was in there for about an hour and a half. Felt good to get back in the gym, I am pleasantly surprised how good this works even at half a scoop. My favorite part about this pre is the focus aspect, it has an almost nootropic effect. Has any one else experienced this or just me?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys been busy with work but it should be better after this past week. I was able to get into the gym yesterday and did a brutal leg and back workout.

I was curious how well this stuff works at a half scoop so i took half a scoop and hit the gym yesterday after work. Tingles did not come on as usual but the focus was still there!!

Leg curls 3 x 12
Squat drop sets!!
6 sets (275lbs, 225lbs, 135lbs)
Leg press 4 x 20
Pull ups 3 x 10
Kroc rows 100lbs x 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12

Had a killer pump! Was in there for about an hour and a half. Felt good to get back in the gym, I am pleasantly surprised how good this works even at half a scoop. My favorite part about this pre is the focus aspect, it has an almost nootropic effect. Has any one else experienced this or just me?
Never though about the nootropic effect? It does help with my mind to muscle connection now that you mention it, but I always try to focus on this. easier said than done sometimes.

Killcure666

Awards
Never though about the nootropic effect? It does help with my mind to muscle connection now that you mention it, but I always try to focus on this. easier said than done sometimes.
Idk, maybe nootropic is too far but I definitely notice an increase in focus while leads to increased endurance that I don't get from other pre workouts. Curious what could be causing that

Killcure666

Awards
Training session #4

Took 1.5 scoops today to see how it goes and hit a full body workout with some heavy deadlifts at the beginning.

Conventional deads
365lbs x 5, 5, 5, 5
405lbs x 2, 2

Sumo deadlifts
135lbs x 10
225lbs x 10
275lbs x 8, 8, 8

After 12 sets of deadlifts I was still feeling amped and ready to keep crushing the weights!

Barbell military press
135lbs x 8, 8, 8, 8, 7
Lateral raises
25lbs x 12, 12, 12, 12, 12

Then hit some pull downs, cable rows, decline curls, bodyweight dips and calves raises. The pump was unreal! Walked out of there with veins bulging in my biceps and forearms.

So far I'm impressed by how versatile this stuff is! Had great success at half a scoop, full scoop and 1.5 scoops

Killcure666

Awards
Training session #5

Decided to bust out a morning workout. Woke up and mixed up a scoop which I drank on the way to the gym. Pretty tasty flavor, I'm curious how the watermelon flavor compares to the electric lemonade.

Decided to crush some upper body today. Started with military press and did a few straight sets with 135lbs x 8-10 then did some drop sets 135/115/95/45. The pump was unreal! I was holding the reps overhead for a few seconds and really focusing on contracting the lateral head of the deltoids. This pre workout works great for mind body connection!

Then hit some machine lateral raises for 5 sets to get the pump as huge as possible. Shoulders looked so much wider than usual afterwards!

Then I did some DB incline bench press super set with cable flies for 6 sets. The pump was also absurd.

Then I finished up with a few sets of pull ups to warm up and some Kroc rows. Got up to 90lbs for 20 on each arm! The last reps were obviously not beautiful but 20 reps none the less!

Today was excellent for pumps! Pretty surprised honestly since I just woke up and went to the gym, minimal water and no carbs. On my next upper body day I'm going to have 100g simple/complex carbs mix an hour prior and get a good 1.5 liters of water in and see what this pre workout can really do for the pumps!

Killcure666

Awards
Alright guys been a busy week but I got two more workouts in over these last few days.

Training session #6
Took a scoop and headed to the gym for a lower body workout. Warmed up to 245lbs on squats which is my usual weight for sets of 10. After reading some of the white rhinos training philosophy I was amped up to try his set of 20 squats. I did it. Took 245lbs a weight I usually do for 10 and did 20. It SUCKED! Incredible pump but insanely out of breath by the end. Goes to show just how much of "fatigue" is psychological. Then I hit the leg press for sets of 20 followed by leg curl/extension super sets and lastly calves!

This preworkout is kicking ass. Definitely gonna be my go to. It's strong enough to get me motivated and amped up for the gym, delivers crazy good focus and there is no crash.

Training sessions #7
Consumed 150g of carbs from oats for slow carbs and Gatorade for fast carbs about an hour before my workout. Took a scoop of white flood and headed to the gym for an upper body session! Started with barbell rows and by the time I was at my working sets I had an insane pump. The pump was so good that I didn't want to stop hitting back, so after 5 sets of rows I did some DB rows for sets of 20 then some cable pull downs then some face pulls. I finished up with standing barbell curls and when I got in my car it was painful to use the steering wheel. This pre workout definitely delivers in the pump department!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm glad to hear the pump is so noticeable for you. Some haven't seen that and the way I train it's not really something I usually push for, so I was curious to see what kind of pump others would get.

Killcure666

Awards
I'm glad to hear the pump is so noticeable for you. Some haven't seen that and the way I train it's not really something I usually push for, so I was curious to see what kind of pump others would get.
My guess is it's training style. I'm currently in the peak week of hypertrophy training so my volume has been pretty high. On my metabolic stress isolation sets I don't start counting the reps until it starts to burn, because that's when you've hit the wall of your muscles metabolic comfort.

After this week Saturday I'm actually going into a strength block so we shall see how the pumps go with a different training style

Killcure666

Awards
Hey guys! Got two more training sessions in. Gonna do one more high volume workout on Friday then I will take a deload week followed by some strength training!

Training session #8
Took a scoop of white flood fasted and headed to the gym for an early morning back workout. Started feeling the effects in about 20 minutes or so. Started with 5 sets of body weight pulls then moved onto some barbell rows. Did 3 straight sets followed by 2 drop sets. Then did some cable pull downs super settled with cable rows for 4 sets then finished off on some machine rows. Definitely loving the mind muscle connection from this stuff on back days. I've always found it a bit tricky to isolate certain regions of my back but the focus I get from this pre makes it easy and enjoyable!

Training session #9
Took a scoop and a half of white flood and headed to the gym for some chest and legs. Started with barbell squats. Ended up doing 6 working sets. Afterwards I hit the leg press for 4 sets then did 3 sets of walking lunges and finished legs with leg extension and leg curl super sets. At this point I'd usually be pretty exhausted but the extra caffeine from the extra half scoop was definitely helping me get by! I went and hit flat bench for 4 sets working up to 225lbs then did 2 drop sets. Ended the session with 4 sets of cable flies. I'm loving how clean the energy and focus is with this preworkout. No crash and no jittery stim feeling even with 1.5 scoops

Killcure666

Awards
Hey guys sorry for the lake of posts. Hit my last hypertrophy workout this past Friday and have been doing a deload week since so no new workouts to log besides fridays.

Friday was great, I took a scoop and a half of white flood then hit full body for 2 hours with tons of super sets and drop sets. Started with squats and worked up to 2 x 20 with 245lbs and went for a third set but only got to 12 before it pinned me to the rack haha. Then hit some leg press for 4 sets of 20. By now my leg pump was absurd and I decided it was shoulder time. Did military press super settled with lateral raises for 4 sets. Then I hit some barbell rows for 4 sets followed by 6 sets of bicep tricep super sets on the cable machine. I was sore for a good 2-3 days afterwards.

The focus from white flood definitely helped me power through that workout. So far my experience with it has been great for hypertrophy training. Enhanced focus and pumps. I will start strength training on Monday and will report my experiences !

Killcure666

Awards
Also, anyone got any recommendations for an intermediate-advanced strength program ?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, anyone got any recommendations for an intermediate-advanced strength program ?
At this stage, any program that fits that bill will truly hinge on your ability to know/learn about yourself or at least autoregulate honestly and assess reasonably accurately.

How long will you be training for strength?

The leader of our training group wrote this article, and honestly I have watched it work for a lot of people that were willing to put the work in - but it makes for long hard training and recovery MUST be your top priority:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/disable-your-size-and-strength-governor

If you're looking for just like 6 weeks, you could do a basic linear periodization:

Wk1 3x10 @ 75%
Wk2 3x8 @ 80%
Wk3 3x6 @ 85%
Wk4 3x4 @ 90%
Wk5 3x3 @ 92.5%
Wk6 2x2 @ 95%

For a squat bench dead and overhead movement. But if you're truly an advanced trainee that will likely crush you if you don't pick the values for your maxes judiciously.

Killcure666

Awards
Thanks for the article! I will give that a read. I'm thinking strength for maybe 12 weeks or at least until I hit a plateau.

Workout #12
I went in yesterday and just did some 5 x 5 on the big 3 just to see where I am after my last hypertrophy phase. I took a scoop of white flood on my way to the gym and started with squats. Was feeling good and got up to 315lbs for 5 which is pretty damn good for me. Then on bench I got 225lbs for my sets of 5 ( I know my chest needs work) then got 375lbs for 5 on deadlifts! Overall pretty good starting numbers for a strength cycle. I feel that white flood helped me with focus and getting into the head space of hitting heavy sets of 5. I did get an insane chest pump during bench press but that's it, and I usually don't get quite a pump like that from sets of 5

Killcure666

Awards
Workout #13

Took a scoop of white flood today and went into the gym for some 5 x 5. Waited a few days since I got crazy chest and leg sore from the other day. I attribute it to the change from hypertrophy to strength training. Used the same weights as last time but started with bench press first. Then hit squats followed by deadlifts. Lifts felt easier than last time. The pumps are definitely not as prevalent as they were with hypertrophy training but I definitely got a solid chest pump again this time after bench press. The focus from white flood is a solid boost to these strength workouts. Head phones on and I'm just in the zone!

Killcure666

Awards
Workout #14
The soreness has been real from switching into strength training. Nothing hammers you more than some good heavy squats and deads! I took a scoop on Sunday and went in for heavy squats and bench. Did 315lbs squats for 4 x 5 followed by bench with 225lbs for 4 x 5. Finished up with some abs and calves. Definitely feeling this preworkout for strength training but the pump enhancement is not there like it was for higher reps.

Workout #15
Took a scoop last night and went in for deadlifts and bench press. Worked up to 375lbs for 3 x 5 on deadlift. Last set was definitely a grind on the last couple reps. Afterwards I hit 225 on bench for 3 x 5 since I was still a bit sore from Monday's benching. So far my strength is going up slightly but definitely, all these weights feel easier than they did a week ago. White flood is a good preworkout for strength training as well, the focus it provides is my favorite feature and it works well for hypertrophy or strength training.

Killcure666

Awards
Sorry for the lack of updates been busy with work. I just got into the gym again today and hit the big three for one set of as many reps as possible! Kind of a way to ease back into it after a week or so off.

Workout #16
Took one scoop of white floood which hit me nice and hard since I hadn't had any caffeine in the past couple days.
Started with squats and warmed up to 315lbs and went all in and got 8 reps! Felt pretty damn good to except for the last rep where the bar almost slid down my back. I then went to bench and warmed up to 225lbs and hit 8 reps as well! I was pretty excited since It didn't feel difficult the bar just stopped moving but I'm glad I'm close to double digit reps. I was feeling good and warmed up on deadlifts then loaded 365lbs onto the bar, put on some heavy metal and hit it hard for 9. Felt great! Definitely bounced the bar on the last rep but still counts haha, I'm usually very strict with my deadlifts and come to a full stop between reps. Overall felt good and I'm going to use these numbers now to calculate my 1RM and program the next few weeks of my strength cycle using percentages of said 1RM.

This preworkout felt great after a week or so of not being in the gym or using much caffeine. Hit hard but not overwhelmingly hard. I was feeling good and euphoric post workout probably because of how good the lift sessions was but I feel the focus from white flood contributed.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That sounds like a great session honestly. Love when you leave with a great mood.