Whisky’s 2021 cut

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Alright fellas, thought I’d updated a few days back but had some internet issues (might be a coincidence but they’ve literally just installed a 5g mast in our area and since then my wireless has been up and down like a whores knickers))

anyway, training been great, squatted 385 for a double earlier in the week and had an upper body shoulder ab and arms session on Tuesday. All felt good.

then deads yesterday, for one reason and or another my carb intakes been up lately (weight slightly down but I’m looking a touch wet 🤷) so I pushed it a bit

absolutely smoked 484 and 506 for singles, grip failed on 522 so strapped up and made it but slightly annoyed my grip went. Anyway at 222lbs that’s a massive bw pr.

pulled 462 for a triple easy enough but ripped a chunk out of my hand, fortunately didn’t reach the finger crease so will heal quick.

load of accessories after.

loving training at the moment. Need to dial in the diet for the last 3 weeks or so to really tighten up the aesthetics but we are kinda on track.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the BW PR!!!!!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So weight is still static at 222 - will be upping the fasted cardio from next week.

update pic below, not the greatest pic to be honest but generally I think I’m still moving in the right direction.

strength is good, squatted 418 for an rpe 9 single (back off sets 3x3 at 352) and some reverse hyper and lunge accessory work.

im actually sleeping really well on the tren at the moment, like sleeping better than when I wasn’t on it some nights. Side wise this stack appears to be fine, bloods all in range and nothing which I could attribute to the gear causing issues.

I’ve said it a few times in this thread but the difference of not using orals and being all injectable is massive for me. I’ll use orals again in the future but way more sparingly (like to peak for a comp), I would just run them as standard though that’s for sure.

Attachments

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bro, the progress is evident. I just checked the pics from the first page and that External oblique was nowhere to be seen. Abs starting to pop out too 👍 Mid section getting shredded.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bro, the progress is evident. I just checked the pics from the first page and that External oblique was nowhere to be seen. Abs starting to pop out too 👍 Mid section getting shredded.
thanks bro. The loose skin always frustrates me as it does limit the aesthetic but it is what it is. I’m very very surprised how strong I feel at this weight though. That’s a real bonus.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Doing great man. Down to a much more solid looking 101, and with the added cardio I expect you to dip under 100. Keep it up!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Solid progress there mate. Your hips are looking good for those heavy squats!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely leaning up and looking good. Great work!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Made a ton of progress. Abs coming through and shoulders/arms look way more developed

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So weight is still static at 222 - will be upping the fasted cardio from next week.

update pic below, not the greatest pic to be honest but generally I think I’m still moving in the right direction.

strength is good, squatted 418 for an rpe 9 single (back off sets 3x3 at 352) and some reverse hyper and lunge accessory work.

im actually sleeping really well on the tren at the moment, like sleeping better than when I wasn’t on it some nights. Side wise this stack appears to be fine, bloods all in range and nothing which I could attribute to the gear causing issues.

I’ve said it a few times in this thread but the difference of not using orals and being all injectable is massive for me. I’ll use orals again in the future but way more sparingly (like to peak for a comp), I would just run them as standard though that’s for sure.
Try splitting some of the addition of fasted cardio to post workout cardio. If you are doing 40 fasted and plan to add 15, do 40 fasted and 15 post workout for example

2 spikes in metabolism is better than 1 and I have found post workout cardio an effective time , as well

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok so I got a bit derailed by the rona. Two in my house tested positive so although I’m still testing negative I have to self isolate as I’m not vaccinated (if I was I wouldn’t have to - crazy rule).

so not allowed out for cardio like running or even to walk the dog (because of the timing this has been going on and continues to end of next week).

Now this shouldn’t be an excuse really, I have a full gym at home and plenty of hiit cardio options but just being honest I’ve not reduced calories to compensate for reduction in activity and basically been on maintaining levels while pushing the strength. I’ve really been enjoying the strength at this bodyweight (still about 225) and there is definitely a devil on the shoulder saying **** the cut, you’ve got abs and decent vascularity, recomp for the last few weeks and see what strength you can push……

ill let you know which way I go.

anyway, as you might have guessed training has been decent, 3 sessions since last updated.

bench - heavy paused single at 280. Back off triples at 264.

3x12 dips
4x5 pull ups
Arms and shoulder pump stuff

Deads 4x3 at 440 (these felt great)
Rdls, reverse hyper, 3x12 ab roll outs

Squats 3x5 at 363
Reverse hyper
Good mornings
Leg press, feet narrow and low, constant tension 3x15 for the quad burn
stir the pot - 3x20 (I read Hyde’s log in the session so added these lol)

the way I’m lifting at the moment I feel I could get very close to my lifetime bests on all lifts at a 17lb lower bodyweight

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What did you think of them? They kick my butt, especially at the end of a session when I’m already exhausted.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice numbers mate!

**** the cut. Add more volume for a few weeks, then taper into some PRs I say!!!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What did you think of them? They kick my butt, especially at the end of a session when I’m already exhausted.
i like them, my core is one of my strongest areas so I’m ok with them but they are still humbling. I done them plenty over the years but forgot completely about it until you started using them, now when I see them in your log it reminds me to throw them in.

I would say STP, ab roll out and paloff presses are the three most effective core exercises.

I like planks and plank variations generally but I think those three provide the same plus more. Maybe a dragon flag as well but not one you often see

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
i like them, my core is one of my strongest areas so I’m ok with them but they are still humbling. I done them plenty over the years but forgot completely about it until you started using them, now when I see them in your log it reminds me to throw them in.

I would say STP, ab roll out and paloff presses are the three most effective core exercises.

I like planks and plank variations generally but I think those three provide the same plus more. Maybe a dragon flag as well but not one you often see
Bro you are NEVER going to see my ass doing dragon flags, I can promise you that

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Damn, your numbers are blowing up here! And damn, that torso has tightened up hugely. Really nice work.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey gents, bit quiet on updates this week, was gonna do it a few nights back but with what’s happening with puccah it felt irrelevant, hopefully we get good news soon.

i’ve still been pushing on, family/personal life is a bit fucked up and that’s impacted diet (some days eating shite, some days not eating) but I have trained well (for my sanity as much as anything)

I won’t detail it all but still exceeding all previous strength measures at this bodyweight.

squatting 396 for an rpe 9 double was a highlight.

im also training with a guy who’s totalled 1,870 tomorrow so looking forward to that (one of the best natty lifters in the uk)

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok so training today was awesome - as above I was with an elite lifter at his place. Learnt loads and obviously just being around someone like that was a massive boost.

should have been a moderate deadlift day but I wasn’t wasting the chance to go heavy so pushed a near max double, was only really expecting 473 but ended up hitting 495 for a 9.5 rpe. Second rep was just enough to not be a grinder.

was buzzing off that as I’m very near to my max lifts at a significantly lower bodyweight and not pushing any orals (and not actually peaked).

in terms of aesthetics I’ll be honest and say that failure to control diet properly has definitely prevented progress. Too many times on threads people don’t continue to post when **** goes wrong and I don’t wanna be that guy.

so current pic below, I am holding some water I think but without question I haven’t improved and I’ve regressed slightly. I’ve not been using clen or my peptides and with the isolation my LISS has been down (excuses but thats the reason)

but second pic is a training shot and vascularity and upper body is better than its ever been so I know it’s not all bad.

I need to dial **** in now, 2 weeks left. I know I can improve my body fat position a bit more and that’s the aim.

I will say that health wise there is a massive benefit to no orals (and the whole cut has been limited on clen with no t3 etc) so whilst I might not get as lean as I did last yeah I also haven’t damaged myself as much.

Attachments

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You look bigger to me. Not softer just bigger.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey guys, before I do my quick update I just wanted to share the remembering Puccah thread just in case anyone has missed it and wanted to donate or leave comments etc

In terms of my update, today was meant to be a rest day but I’d got up at 4am to watch fury beat wilder into retirement (it’s right pain in the ass when fights are state side as the main event is just the worst time for us). Anyway, while the start was delayed I was eating **** and that so when I woke up after napping later on I thought I may as well put the carbs to god use and push a heavy squat.

after deads yesterday I was pretty happy to smoke 429 for a single. 440 was definitely there but I played it a bit sensible and just backed off to hit singles at 396 to hone technique.

accessory work was just heels up back squat at 220 for reps just to really hit the quads (glutes and hammies got battered yesterday)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely boasting some great vascularity there!

Focus on eating the right foods. You can still clean things up this last 2 weeks.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I assumed you were eating arse until I read on lol.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Still banging away here fellas. Definitely more of a recomp at the moment, got the macros tighter and protein up, just enjoying the strength gains too much to full on cut.

squat today up to a triple at 396, back off 3x3 at 363. Felt solid and tidy. Rpe 9

loads of reverse hyper work as well, my back has never felt so good moving heavy weight an it does when that is in the mix.

the vascularity is awesome, about as good as I’ve ever had and I’m slowly getting a little size on the arms.

hitting that point in the cycle though where you also start looking forward to taking it down a notch. Will be a nice break back on trt doses for a while after this before we look at possibly a powerlifting comp

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dude, your shoulders and arms look large and ripped, looking great! And the strength matches.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good @Whisky

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey guys, still banging away here

probably gonna call it a day on the cut. Will post pics later but I’m happy at the level of leanness and my strength is really solid for this bw (for me). I’m on holiday next week and tbh I’m thinking the added stress of a last week for the pound or two I might lose isn’t worth it.

will update properly over the next day or two

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
All in all a solid run. Nice work 💪 Are you going to change something immediately on your gear intake, as the cut ends?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
All in all a solid run. Nice work 💪 Are you going to change something immediately on your gear intake, as the cut ends?
cheers bro.

yeah I’ll drop to a cruise dose of around 200mg test for a month and then down to 175mg.

ill be using various peptides as standard (although when I’ve finished my current stash I’m just gonna run hgh year round I think

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Was thinking about what I’ve earned this cycle (for anyone just starting an anabolic journey who’s reading this log imo it’s important to establish what you learned about how you react to different protocols, individual response is massive so it’s the only real way to dial in what works for you).

1) injectable only cycles are far more tolerable (in terms of tiredness, overall sense of well-being etc). I tolerate orals well but leaving them out this time has a notable difference

2) I’ve probably over used clen in the past. That’s not to say I won’t use it again but I’d not have it as a default option again. If I was trying to get super lean or in the last few weeks maybe, but not of the bar. When I dropped it this time I kept progressing anyway.

3) more lean mass means more dietary flexibility for me. I was no where near as dialled in as I have been in the past but I have way more lean mass more and it patched over some nutrition **** ups (obviously it would be better to dial my **** in clearly but I’ve not been able to get away with the same type of lack of adherence in the last).

4) 600mg tren is significantly more effective for me than 400mg on a cut. It’s annoying but as I’ve found with other compounds I respond way better to doses that are on the high side (that doesn’t change the fact that imo everyone should start with a lowish dose of anything and see how they respond, I would much rather respond better to lower doses than I do from a health standpoint)

5) cardio kills my strength. The more I run 5k in the morning the more my strength suffers. Become very apparent now. However, whilst strength is important to me right now, long term I believe the smarter play for health is too take the hit on numbers and maintain a reasonable level of cardio

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So I actually woke up at exactly 220lbs on my final morning - this is a pure fluke and total coincidence of course so I took a picture as I would question the validity of someone else saying it 😂 (it was dark as I was up early to leave for holiday and the 100 is kgs because I’m in the uk and do the conversion for my logs to try and save the majority the other side of the pond working it out)

i did however forget to do my final pic and now I’m away so can’t use the normal lighting but to be honest I looked the same as the last pic)

Attachments

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff @Whisky

I think next time you are running your cycle if you don't want to hurt your numbers you might try doing your cardio post training, or at a session later in the day. Certainly it will effect cardio performance but the goal is to make the heart work, and expend energy not to consistently improve 5k times. So I think you could still have your cake and eat it too with that modification.