• Monohydrate

Votes: 69 62.2%

• Total voters
dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If anyone can share experiences lets hear them. And for the sake of the thread, I really dont want to hear "I havent tried it yet but I am about to." Lets just keep experiences in here.

alright lets hear it.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
IMO CEE is the most effective/proven creatine available right now.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Mono

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:head:

determination

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
mono. cheap, effective and doesn't taste like battery acid.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
CEE only works if you have the STRAP.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I actually liked CEE a lot more than mono. I got less water retention, and looked leaner during it's use with the same strength increases.

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
I respond better to Micronized Creatine Monohydrate. CEE never really did anything for me. Plus, there are no real scientific studies out there on the other forms of creatine to prove that they absorb better.
I say find one that works for you and stick with it. Everybody responds differently to different things.

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
CEE, better digestion, seems to fuel up CPh faster than mono
and is dirt cheap, if you know where to get it.

Getting stomach discomfort, ****ting from mono, CEE seems to get absorbed better makes me thirsty as hell right from the start and seems to force the water into me.

CM, beta alanine, CEE -great combo, btw :afro:

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I respond better to Micronized Creatine Monohydrate. CEE never really did anything for me. Plus, there are no real scientific studies out there on the other forms of creatine to prove that they absorb better.
I say find one that works for you and stick with it. Everybody responds differently to different things.
Agree 100%, find something that works for you and stick with it. Mono works for some people, but for me I was just really bloated and didn't have great results. Not the case with CEE. My workout buddy loves Mono and doesn't respond to CEE, so there ya go.

Everyone is diff. that is the beauty of the whole thing.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Graet poll though DYNOMITE!!

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
CEE non-responder

Mono for me....AST's Micronized is awesome...no flavor, easy to mix.

I almost choked on some of the CEE products.

BTW, Creatine Gluconate (e.g., Size On) also works great for me!

R

Mannypolarbear

Awards
CEE for me. No stomach discomfort, and it mixes way better with fluid. I completely agree with the fact that everyone's body reacts to mono and CEE differently. I bloat way easy, and feel like crap when I am on mono, but other guys love the stuff. Micronized mono is supposed to be exceptionally better than mono, but that is just what I have heard.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
CEE for me. No stomach discomfort, and it mixes way better with fluid. I completely agree with the fact that everyone's body reacts to mono and CEE differently. I bloat way easy, and feel like crap when I am on mono, but other guys love the stuff. Micronized mono is supposed to be exceptionally better than mono, but that is just what I have heard.
You should try Micronized Creatine sometime. I bloat on regular mono, but micronized works great for me.

:djparty:

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
CEE- but only at mono dosages of 5-6gm/day. No bloating, stayed fuller around the clock. But if you do like mono, at least use micronized.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Creatine Gluconate is another option. It seems to be working pretty well for me, but I'm taking other supplements, so it's hard for me to say what's doing what.

The taste of CEE just drives me away. I mix it with Crystal Light Lemon, and it's still pretty foul.

-TT

Mannypolarbear

Awards
Yeah, I might just try it out. Micronized mono is micronized mono anyway you package it riiiight?? Is there a specific brrand I should look for?? If anyone is looking for a good CEE product, I love the Xpand by Dymatize, that stuff is awsome, and fruit punch tastes AMAZING!! Literally taste like Kool-aid

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I haven't noticed a difference in results from both so I stick to momhydrate because it's cheaper and tasteless

kickufaka

kickufaka

Board Supporter
Awards
I respond better to Micronized Creatine Monohydrate.

WORD... I had the best results with micro (by universal). Tried CEE and mono. I say mono comes in second for me, then CEE.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I've had better experience with mono (wrt strength). Less water retention (it seems) with CEE, though.

------

Why aren't there more *micronized* CM choices available? The only one I've seen is AST's brand. Talking bulk powder here.

/off-topic

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had better experience with mono (wrt strength). Less water retention (it seems) with CEE, though.

------

Why aren't there more *micronized* CM choices available? The only one I've seen is AST's brand. Talking bulk powder here.

/off-topic
Does the smaller mesh size really make that big of a difference for you? I've always stuck with the regular size-particles, and haven't had any issues. If anything, I'd say micronized would degrade faster in water.

dalvare1

dalvare1

Awards
I personally feel CEE is better. But with a product like creatine, different people will respond differently. Some may not respond at all!

IMO CEE + Arginine/Ort + BComplex = Awesome for preworkout

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Does the smaller mesh size really make that big of a difference for you? I've always stuck with the regular size-particles, and haven't had any issues. If anything, I'd say micronized would degrade faster in water.

yeah the micronized does make a difference. you dont bloat as much on that stuff. I went through a kilo of regular mono and ratained some excess water. Once i finished that canister i switched to micronized and i am not mearly as soft looking but weigh the same.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I've never used micro. That's primarily why I was asking. I would think that if its benefits over regular crea. mono. were as great as I've read others describe, then I would think EVERYONE would use it, especially considering the bandwagoning wrt CEE.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah the micronized does make a difference. you dont bloat as much on that stuff. I went through a kilo of regular mono and ratained some excess water. Once i finished that canister i switched to micronized and i am not mearly as soft looking but weigh the same.
That's very interesting that your weight stayed the same. (As I'm about to unload my theory on why micronized creatine doesn't cause as much of a bloat.)

As a particles get smaller, their total surface area gets huuugggeee.

Example: a 2" cube has a volume of 8 cubic inches, surface area of 24 square inches. If we split that cube in 1" cubes, we'll have 8 of them, with a total surface area of 48 square inches. Split that up again into 1/2" cubes, and we get a total surface area of 192 square inches.

Since the reaction rate is increased by increases in total surface area, and since creatine does degrade in water (we all know the creatine serum story), this ultimately says to me that the reason micronized creatine creates less bloat/water-retention is because less of it is still active as creatine by the time it makes it into your system.

I mean, if you're having great success with micronized creatine, by all means stick with it. I am completely baffled by the fact that people get the same great results with it, but for all I know, there may be other factors which I have overlooked.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Maybe the smaller particle size allows it to reach the blood faster, thereby avoiding some of the *breakdown*.

Only speculating.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You make it sound like you can have micronized but not monohydrate? ;)

Personally, I just don't feel there's enough research and knowledge on CEE to really use it everyday. The difference in the two is miniscule, and with that in mind I see no reason not to stick with a basic creatine mono, or if you want something different go with a named blend. You know what ones of those are popular so I'm not going to get into any lists :D

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You make it sound like you can have micronized but not monohydrate? ;)

Personally, I just don't feel there's enough research and knowledge on CEE to really use it everyday. The difference in the two is miniscule, and with that in mind I see no reason not to stick with a basic creatine mono, or if you want something different go with a named blend. You know what ones of those are popular so I'm not going to get into any lists :D
Does AEN make any of these blends?

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does AEN make any of these blends?
We currently do not have a creatine product out. At this point in time are focusing on our two products IntraXCell (capped beta-alanine with goodies) and SteelEdge (solid pre-workout formula).

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Ast is my first choice. Any good Micronized Creatine Monohydrate HPLC tested

Second choice is Creatine Gluc-used for two months

Third choice at the bottom Cee. Watch out Cee can take the enamel off your teeth. thats why when i was taking it I returned my vatvh to NP(Props to Sam for letting me) and replaced it for Creatine Gluc

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
No creatine for me anymore, doesn´t seem to do me good in th elong term although it does something, I dopn´t know what it is and if it´s useful.

taurine and propionyl carnitine and citrulline malate is the ****.

and especially propionyl l carnitine works very nicely to keep my muscle untensed and powerful under full workload, much better than ALCAR, in my opinion. :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We currently do not have a creatine product out. At this point in time are focusing on our two products IntraXCell (capped beta-alanine with goodies) and SteelEdge (solid pre-workout formula).
To be honest, I don't really think creatine (especially monohydrate) is as marketable as it used to be (way too much competition). Probably a good thing you guys don't have a creatine product, as it probably wouldn't draw nearly as much as IntraXCell or SteelEdge.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be honest, I don't really think creatine (especially monohydrate) is as marketable as it used to be (way too much competition). Probably a good thing you guys don't have a creatine product, as it probably wouldn't draw nearly as much as IntraXCell or SteelEdge.
Well the one thing I do like about creatine is the abundance of science that backs it up. Many products that are produced by companies lack science. However, I do believe creatine and a few other forms (gluconate, malate, and a few others) are still very strong supplements especially in addition to other goodies. But I agree, IXL and SE are definitely treating us good :D

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I only responded to Monohydrate the first time I tried it and I held quite a bit of water even then.

For me, CEE works well for me.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well the one thing I do like about creatine is the abundance of science that backs it up. Many products that are produced by companies lack science. However, I do believe creatine and a few other forms (gluconate, malate, and a few others) are still very strong supplements especially in addition to other goodies. But I agree, IXL and SE are definitely treating us good :D
That's what I mean. After the advent of 'newer' creatines, the demand for monohydrate has dropped dramatically, as everyone jumps on trying newer creatines. Then you factor in the fact that there's about a million creatine monohydrate products out on the market, and it's gonna be hard to outsell your competitors because you're all trying to sell pretty much the same thing.

IXL and SE should be treating you guys pretty good, seeing as they both have pretty solid formulations. :cheers:

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's what I mean. After the advent of 'newer' creatines, the demand for monohydrate has dropped dramatically, as everyone jumps on trying newer creatines. Then you factor in the fact that there's about a million creatine monohydrate products out on the market, and it's gonna be hard to outsell your competitors because you're all trying to sell pretty much the same thing.

IXL and SE should be treating you guys pretty good, seeing as they both have pretty solid formulations. :cheers:
Like music to my ears :p

The one thing creatine does have going for it is the fact that everyone does recognize it now as a staple of supplementation.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gotta give credit when credit's due. Haven't had a chance to purchase it yet, but I really like the direction you guys went with steel edge: it's not as common to see a pre-workout mix that deviates from the over-hyped nitric oxide pump.

Creatine definitely is a staple. But staples are where it's hard to compete. You've got to be a developed company (like Muscletech, EAS, & BSN) who has a mass of devout (blind) followers if you want to expect any substantial profits. There's a lot of money in creatine, but it's being spread out soooo much because so many people have already tapped into the creatine monohydrate pool.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gotta give credit when credit's due. Haven't had a chance to purchase it yet, but I really like the direction you guys went with steel edge: it's not as common to see a pre-workout mix that deviates from the over-hyped nitric oxide pump.

Creatine definitely is a staple. But staples are where it's hard to compete. You've got to be a developed company (like Muscletech, EAS, & BSN) who has a mass of devout (blind) followers if you want to expect any substantial profits. There's a lot of money in creatine, but it's being spread out soooo much because so many people have already tapped into the creatine monohydrate pool.
"who has a mass of devout (blind) followers"...Sign em ;)

**Thank you very much for your kind words Sinner!!

Sliced

Awards

Well said...Creatine Mono gets my vote. Tried and true...never disappoints me!

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
looks like monohydrate is pulling ahead pretty far now

boyscouT

Board Sponsor
Awards
haven't used mono

but cee (@ 6g/day) worked wonders for me