Which sups may cause yellow nails? HELP!!!!

Blender

Awards
Hello guys,

Recently I bought a few new sups I've never taken before to experiment with. Two to three weeks in, three of my nails are turning yellow and feel different at times. I'm scared and hope you can help.

I started with ashwagandha (680mg) for 5 days. Stopped due to sleep interruptions. Then used damiana for 12 days, between 360mg to 720mg on last 5 days. I then switched to Korean Red ginseng for 4 days at 570mgs. My nails were getting yellow between that stage and I feel like it could be any of them... Or maybe something else.

I will get some blood work done soon, just thought maybe someone here could point out the culprit sup if any.

Thx

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
You prob just have nail fungus. Unrelated to the supplements...see a dermatologist or get otc antifungal. Can take weeks to months to go away though

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Soak your fingers in vinegar; baking soda; and lime, then paint them with red nail polish and walla! They're now red. :)
Sorry. It may clear up. How's your liver?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I read you could get yellow nails when taking damiana and sudafed, but you should see your doctor.

Blender

Awards
I read you could get yellow nails when taking damiana and sudafed, but you should see your doctor.
Hmm, any idea how long that would take to noticed? Will it go away since I have stopped or am I doomed to have yellow finger nails?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hmm, any idea how long that would take to noticed? Will it go away since I have stopped or am I doomed to have yellow finger nails?
Try soaking them in lemon water. I'd say it would go away if it's tied to a supplement in your system, but if it doesn't see a doctor as that could be an indication of another health condition as well. Anything you may have overlooked? Working in an environment or with anything that could do this? It may be something simple. Posting a pic and linking to that would be nice.

dbenj7

Awards
Could be a sign of liver issues. Go see your doc for a check

Blender

Awards
I will see a doctor soon. I forgot to mention in my first post that I also took fenugreek. I hear some people say you eventually sweat it when you take it for long. Could it possibly be the culprit?

Thx

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Go to a doctor. Don't even waste anymore time

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go to a doctor. Don't even waste anymore time
Doctor first always. You never know what little issue is going to rear it's ugly head. Don't risk self treating!

For general health, including nails(after the stuff is taken care of) I highly suggest a greens powder like gaia by chaos and pain.

Gaia highlights:
-no wheat grass( which is awesome for allergy riddled fair skin weak bois like me. No hives!)
- 100% of all of the important vitamins separate of the greens. (Greens plus a multi in one)
-Calcium pyruvate to kill acid reflux some people have in the morning. (Meant to be a morning/ evening/ lunch anytime dosage)
-Super greens AND fruits! Killer combo you can't get from a greens powder alone.

Other products I would suggest for general health:
Orange triad + greens

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello guys,

Recently I bought a few new sups I've never taken before to experiment with. Two to three weeks in, three of my nails are turning yellow and feel different at times. I'm scared and hope you can help.

I started with ashwagandha (680mg) for 5 days. Stopped due to sleep interruptions. Then used damiana for 12 days, between 360mg to 720mg on last 5 days. I then switched to Korean Red ginseng for 4 days at 570mgs. My nails were getting yellow between that stage and I feel like it could be any of them... Or maybe something else.

I will get some blood work done soon, just thought maybe someone here could point out the culprit sup if any.

Thx
Most times when nails turn yellow it's a fungal issue. I am not aware of any issues with yellow nails with the supps you have listed. I would visit a doctor asap.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Web MD says “One of the most common causes of yellow nails is a fungal infection. As the infection worsens, the nail bed may retract, and nails may thicken and crumble. In rare cases, yellow nails can indicate a more serious condition such as severe thyroid disease, lung disease, diabetes or psoriasis. “

Blender

Awards
Thx everyone for the replies. I went to the doc and he doesn't believe it's a fungus infection. Did the blood work and waiting on the results. For whatever reason, he wanted me to come back in a month, as if he expects the problem to just go away on its own. But I refused.

Blender

Awards
Well, blood test was done. Liver and all else looked fine. But my other nails have started to turn yellow also. This is very disconcerting for me. Also Ive begun to feel slight pain from my fingers as well. In my next appointment if I get nowhere with my doc, I'm just gonna walk into the emergency room of a major hospital and demand they figure out what's happening to me.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What do you mean? Doc said liver was fine. He's referred me to a dermatologist and gave me fungus cream in the main time.
It was a joke - a play on Liver Tabs, get it? :)

Blender

Awards
Hello all,

Fingers are still yellow though not spreading to other fingers like I was afraid of. Fungus cream isn't working. I know all the sups I listed don't have such side effects known. However, I was thinking, what if taking them so close to each other caused such adverse effect? More specifically, taking ashwagandha, red ginseng, and damiana very close before each one could completely leave my body.

Thoughts?