Whey protein.

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whey protein prices have seem to sky rocket used to get whey protein isolate from myprotein for 60 bucks for 11 pounds now it’s 120 anyone know any good deals out there???

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wholesale supplement prices are up across the board. Stuff like creatine is up somewhere around 5-6x what it was previously.

That said, there are still bargains to be had. Have a look at places like costco or your local bricks & mortar

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I was able to find Now Sprots Nutrition whey isolate for $55/5lbs. It's unflavored, but that's how I roll anyway, so I bought it. Prices have really gone crazy since I last ordered.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Whey protein prices have seem to sky rocket used to get whey protein isolate from myprotein for 60 bucks for 11 pounds now it’s 120 anyone know any good deals out there???
This is why:

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I made sure to stock up a while back cause I knew it was going to only get worse when covid impacted supply chain :(

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MuscleTech whey protein from Sam’s Club —$29.88 for a 4.57 pound container with 59 servings, 20 grams of protein per serving. While it may not be the best whey protein, it’s affordable and meets my needs.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
do we still need to worry about companies not having the advertised amount of protein in the product? is there a whitelist ?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
do we still need to worry about companies not having the advertised amount of protein in the product? is there a whitelist ?
That is a huge issue.

Several class action lawsuits have been filed against various brands, and several more are on the way. This section will be updated with all known suits:

This is just touching the surface.
MuscleTech, SixStar, and their sister brands have all been found guilty for over 2.5 million dollars
Dymatize
Trutein

many others have feel victim too.
If the product does not have a 3rd party test or an open label I would be suspcious.

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trying to find a replacement xtend pro isolate is messing up my stomach something fierce, didn’t have any issue with my proteins whey isolate.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trying to find a replacement xtend pro isolate is messing up my stomach something fierce, didn’t have any issue with my proteins whey isolate.
I was in the same boat with another protein powder and decided to give Iso by Myogenix a try since it was one of the isolates that was in stock. I was actually presently surprised by the taste and nutrition label.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally I’ve been using Efx sports isolate. As a company I know they test from start to finish. Also have a code I use for discount and free shipping so becomes fairly cheap and tastes great.

manc12

Awards
I have started using the Amazon brand whey protein for the last two months and have felt no difference from the MP brand which I have used for around 8 years. I have multiple subscriptions on Amazon so get an additional 15% off.
Amazon is making it's way into the supplement market with new supplements being released frequently at lower costs compare to the branded stuff.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have started using the Amazon brand whey protein for the last two months and have felt no difference from the MP brand which I have used for around 8 years. I have multiple subscriptions on Amazon so get an additional 15% off.
Amazon is making it's way into the supplement market with new supplements being released frequently at lower costs compare to the branded stuff.
Are you talking about the 365 Whole Foods whey protein?

manc12

Awards
Are you talking about the 365 Whole Foods whey protein?
It's called Amfit, they may go by diggerent names in other Countries, I am not sure. Here is the link below for the Uk page.

amazon.co.uk/stores/Amfit/page/4C8DCCDD-D98F-4009-9C78-67304349D7FB?ref_=ast_bln

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get on MyProtein's mailing list if you havent already. They always have huge sales. Nothing compares to their 55% off everything for Black Friday. That's when I got my 11 lbs of iso. But yeah, prices are going up in general.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's called Amfit, they may go by diggerent names in other Countries, I am not sure. Here is the link below for the Uk page.

amazon.co.uk/stores/Amfit/page/4C8DCCDD-D98F-4009-9C78-67304349D7FB?ref_=ast_bln
Interesting! Just now hearing about it. It must be fairly new. I personally would lean toward a better well known protein powder brand but that's just my 2 cents :)

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get on MyProtein's mailing list if you havent already. They always have huge sales. Nothing compares to their 55% off everything for Black Friday. That's when I got my 11 lbs of iso. But yeah, prices are going up in general.
I don’t know if you are in the US or Europe. In Europe they always increase their original prices before their 30,40, or even sometime 70% discount. And at the end you pay the same price as any other day of the year most of the time. I remember buying two tubes of Clear Whey from them on a Black Friday thinking taking advantage of their discount. Few weeks later realized it was almost the same price without any discount. I hate when companies doing this.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t know if you are in the US or Europe. In Europe they always increase their original prices before their 30,40, or even sometime 70% discount. And at the end you pay the same price as any other day of the year most of the time. I remember buying two tubes of Clear Whey from them on a Black Friday thinking taking advantage of their discount. Few weeks later realized it was almost the same price without any discount. I hate when companies doing this.
In the US and haven’t experienced this. That sucks!

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I totally feel you on the skyrocketing prices of whey protein. It's been frustrating to see how the prices have increased over time. I used to get my whey protein isolate from Myprotein too, but the prices have doubled up lately, and it's not budget-friendly anymore. Regarding your question, I have been exploring other options and have found some good deals on beef protein. I have read that beef protein is a great alternative to whey protein and has some added benefits like being more easily digestible and having a complete amino acid profile. In fact, I recently read an article titled "Is Beef Protein Better Than Whey?" that helped me decide between the two. It's worth giving it a read and seeing if it's a good fit for you too.
Actually in majority of the cases beef protein powder is one of the poorest options for a protein powder. Many if not all the beef protein powders out there are mainly collagen, which has a BV close to
zero. I’ve never seen one single brand saying how much of their protein comes from collagen. And for the few who populate their aminogram it doesn’t sound appealing.

Last edited: