Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

when do YOU eat carbs?

tbarrows

Active Member
I know everyone is different and each individuals body will respond to different eating habits but my question to you is when do YOU eat carbs?

You see, a few months ago I got hooked up with a natural fitness coach who I paid a good amount of money to for diet/training consultations and he did not give me a set kcal amount to hit each day, rather just a set number of macros, for example P226/C280/F46. So basically I would divide each of those numbers by 6 (the # of meals per day) and consume each group as evenly as possible per meal. This meant that mid day I'd be eating a decent amount of carbs (I work in the financial field, I don't leave my desk for 9 hours a day) and after a few months I felt it to be counter productive. I'm thinking about keeping my carbs to strictly breakfast (oats), pre workout and post workout. No mid day or night time carbs...

Was wondering if anyone else is as carb sensitive and how they consume theirs. I'm interested to hear how carbs effect other and how they've handled their consumption.
 
For what its worth, i eat carbs with every meal in form of fruit and veggies. i dont eat starchy stuff. i mainly try to stick to whole foods and consume in moderate sizes. I gain fat easily and it seams that stuff like rice and pastas are the culprits. I have lost about 15 lbs in the last 2 months just by changeing that alone. I love fruit so its an easy transition for me.
 
I eat fruit in the morning for breakfast and I eat sweet potatoes around 11am after my workout. All other "carbs" are from broccoli, carrots, green beans, and other veggies.
 
never other than the negligible amount is some of the foods i eat.

i hate carbs.
 
thanks for the responses guys, I'll try and get them from more fruits and veggies and see what happens. I was mainly eating brown rice, Ezekiel bread and oats.
 
Carbs with every meal - 50% of calories.

Also I think your trainer's advice to monitor macros but not calories is rather incomplete.
 
Last edited:
If your carb sensetive, then you can completely get a way with that. I would have a mix of complex carbs like oats in the morning with some fruit if you want it for the fructose, which is a simple carb. Then an hour- hour and a half preworkout, complex carbs only. For post workout, you would want atleast 50 grams of simple carbs to spike your insulin levels. Then every other meal, have a dark green veg only. like broc, or spinach.
 
I stick to carbs like brown rice and veggies and fruits but if i have a game the next day or i know im going to need a good deal of energy i'll get some whole grain pasta in for dinner that night. Everybodys body reacts differently to carbs some are very sensitive some they can eat all day and not feel much, as long as you remember to follow the Glycemic Index and only eat carbs low on that list so you dont get the big rise in blood glucose levels carbs really arent all that bad atleast in my opinion with moderation and eating the right ones there essential in my mind ive tried doing low carb diets and feel like crap id rather take that 1lb of fat per year for more energy in the gym and running and gain 5 pounds of muscle from that but thats just me.
 
I get most of my carbs in the first half of the day, before I work out, and most of my fats in the last half of the day, after I work out. I spend the readily available energy carbs give me on my workout and then get my daily intake of essential fats. I, like most people, respond to fats by getting tired or sleepy so I keep them for the evening times. Then, of course, protein all day, every day, all the time.

-Young
 
I get most of my carbs in the first half of the day, before I work out, and most of my fats in the last half of the day, after I work out. I spend the readily available energy carbs give me on my workout and then get my daily intake of essential fats. I, like most people, respond to fats by getting tired or sleepy so I keep them for the evening times. Then, of course, protein all day, every day, all the time.

-Young

Ditto. I'm the same way.
I am carb sensitive and have to watch my intake during the later afternoon/evening.
 
Breakfast, Pre-, and Post-workout.
 
If i workout around 6 how should i set up my carbs? Veggies and fruit till pre w.o then add a complex pre and a simple carb post with a whey shake. then veggies and lea meat again for dinner?
 
Back
Top