whats your favorite bicep workout?

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Preacher or Scott bench EZ curl bar curls with a partner. Go to complete failure and then have your spotter help you get 7-10 negatives. Craziest vasularity and burn I ever got on that body part.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ive always been a big fan of hammer curls. Doesnt hurt my wrists like with most str8 barbell curls, and when done with proper form both my fore-arms and biceps get an amazing pump.

Only draw back is it's easy to cheat and a lot of people do some wacky variations.

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i think for mass i like barbell curls with some weight for iso i like db precher curl but i use the flat side of the benchtake the seat off.and all so for a burn out to get pump like crazy i do 21s with the bb to faluire.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Drag curls. Only done them a few times but I like the feeling so far.

bigbumpkin

Awards
  • Established
preachers!

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
20 reps of chin-ups,
3 x 10 bent over barbell rows,
15 reps of pull-ups,
2 x 12 face pulls,
3 x 10 barbell curls

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i keep reading about these drag curls what is that and how do you do them?

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have huge bis when flexed but when not flexed they do not look good.how can i get those big guns like those guys that are just busting out of there shirts just walking arround not flexing?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Always gotta go with negatives. I especially like them rest-paused. Specifically, I love me the seated ez bar curls going heavy with negatives. I unfortunately have been having a serious problem with these as it hurts my ribcage a lot to sit by the chair; unbearable. Now, it's between the iron cross curls on cables or barbell curls. Only problem is my range of motion on the cable curls - when I spread my arms I can't straighten them due to the 2 cables not being far enough from each other.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to love hammer curls, but not for bicep work. I did them to support my shoulder cuff and prevent irritation from pressing movements (not to imply I don't still love them, just not a staple).

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
I wish I could find a good exercise for exclusive bicep isolation. My forearms come close to exploding on every bicep exercise I can think of. Any ideas?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have huge bis when flexed but when not flexed they do not look good.how can i get those big guns like those guys that are just busting out of there shirts just walking arround not flexing?
juice lol

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
straight up weighted chin ups

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok thanks for the video thous are weird do they really work or do anything talking about drad curls.that was weird i have never seen thous before in 15 years of working out.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
hammer curlz ftw

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
ok thanks for the video thous are weird do they really work or do anything talking about drad curls.that was weird i have never seen thous before in 15 years of working out.
:sigh1: Try them and find out.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
ok dont get your pantys in a wad.was not talking to the 180 ilb guy you anyway dang.:spank:
LOL....they aren't wadded jaggoff.

If you have been paying attention during your 15 years of working out (ironically during which time they invented Google) you may have noticed that some exercises work better than others. It depends on the individual. So, you have to try them yourself.

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LOL....they aren't wadded jaggoff.

If you have been paying attention during your 15 years of working out (ironically during which time they invented Google) you may have noticed that some exercises work better than others. It depends on the individual. So, you have to try them yourself.
settle down i was just giving you hard time like you where me.i just like asking question to see. dont want to waste time on stuff that dont work.i will probally try these i have pretty big arms now 18inch or so just looking to get them a little more cutt i guese.they are huge when flexed and bigger than most when not i am just never happy.

N.Woods Giant

N.Woods Giant

Awards
  • Established
Weighted close-grip chins! They do the job for me

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
bent bb rows/pullups..........bicep isolation is for GTL'ers

mikeshark00

mikeshark00

Awards
bent bb rows/pullups..........bicep isolation is for GTL'ers
THE LARRY SCOTT TRI SET WORKOUT! BY FAR THE GREATEST BUILDER OF SIZE AND SHAPE.

TRI SET: all performed on a preacher bench. 6 full reps and 4 partial reps or "burns"

1. dumbell curls
2. wide grip barbell curls
3. reverse grip curls with ez bar

-remember all 3 sets of the above are to be done on a preacher bench with no rest in between.

-upon completion of one TRI SET, that will count as one cycle. do 4-6 cycles!
resting 90-120 sec. inbetween cycles.

-this makes me puke, i do this workout 3 times a yr for 6 wks. get new muscle everytime.

firstmark

Awards
I kind of like one arm barbell curls, and supination work with a 28 inch dumbell handle.

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
Bent over underhand grip barbell rows. Gets me everytime....

IronAndBeyond

Awards
I never do assisted negatives on bi's, they're such a small muscle they don't need it. Maybe incline dumbell curls fully supinating the wrists as I curl so the little finger is highest at the end of the positive. Either that or hammer preacher curls using the back of the bench in a right angle position!

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
I used to love 21's as well, bro. But I've switched it up and done something new. If you think about it, 21's are 14 reps in total.

7 partial, 7 partial, 7 full = 14.

Everything we've been taught says that optimal growth occurs at 8-12 reps.

Solution?
A) 4 partial, 4 partial, 4 full = 8.
Or my preferred method,
B)5 partial, 5 partial, 5 full = total of 10 full reps.
Unless you fail after 3 reps on the last portion, =8, after 4 =9, etc. etc.
Benefits: Heavier weight and within the correct rep range!

What do you think?

IronAndBeyond

Awards
I agree with keeping in the 8 range. I don't go near 12 myself, I wouldn't be heavy enough to grow. Why anyone would do 21 of anything is beyond me. Would you do 21 reps in a set of bench and hope to grow?

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
I agree with keeping in the 8 range. I don't go near 12 myself, I wouldn't be heavy enough to grow. Why anyone would do 21 of anything is beyond me. Would you do 21 reps in a set of bench and hope to grow?
Yes, but I respond differently than my powerlifter freinds.

But how about Calves and forearms?
They need high rep range to grow because they are composed of mostly slow twitch muscle fibers.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
tried drag curls yesterday...fuhking AWESOME...new fav

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Yes, but I respond differently than my powerlifter freinds.

But how about Calves and forearms?
They need high rep range to grow because they are composed of mostly slow twitch muscle fibers.
Excellent point, man. Actually, the only bodypart I Will do 21's for is forearms. In this case, reverse grip curls.