Whatever happened to proportion?

BrYmAsTeR17

Banned
Awards
  • Established
God I go to recreation centers nowadays and see so many guys w/ chicken legs and ronnie coleman upper bodies. Also the guys with MASSIVE arms but lousy calves and chest and pale skin. I feel like i'm weird because I don't have chicken legs or oversized torsos. It's terrible. People don't know how to train. Ugh

/rant

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Amen.
I go to the gym and 50% of the people there are doing bicep curls. I guess everyone likes the popeye/situation look..

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
They will realize it one of these days when they start having back problems or some sort of dysfunction from the imbalance in their body. Whats wrong with pale skin? im very light complexed and i dont care about a tan. Skin cancer runs in my family so im waiting till all these lizard skin girls hit 35-40 and look like a leather coat from all the sun damage and ill be enjoying my health and laughing at THEM!

LowSodium

LowSodium

Awards
For most men, calves are hard to build. Calves are one of those muscle groups that has very strong and dense fibers and take a lot of work to grow them. Genetically, a lot of dudes dont have calves. I am one of those guys. That doesnt mean I or others dont work legs hard though. I blow out my legs just as much as any other muscle group and dont have any calves to show for it. I would just be careful not to judge - just sayin'.....

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
That's why I miss the Golden Age of bodybuilding,.. like when a waist was actually tapered!~!!!!

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
For most men, calves are hard to build. Calves are one of those muscle groups that has very strong and dense fibers and take a lot of work to grow them. Genetically, a lot of dudes dont have calves. I am one of those guys. That doesnt mean I or others dont work legs hard though. I blow out my legs just as much as any other muscle group and dont have any calves to show for it. I would just be careful not to judge - just sayin'.....
I don't think he's talking about people who just have small calves. He's talking about the people who have upper thighs that are the same size as their arms, the guys with no muscle anywhere on the backside of their body, and the people who do bench and curls multiple times per week but never do any heavy leg work.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
lol,

to each his own i guess. as long as they stay out of the squat rack, i dont care what they do.

monday- deads
thursday- squats

fock the rest

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
I'm proportioned I'd like to think. My calves are slack though I can't get them to grow. My arms are right about 17" waist 33" chest 49 1/2 " calves right around 15".. odd. I think I read somewhere they are supposed to be the same size as your arms though

The Neck

The Neck

Awards
  • Established
lol,

to each his own i guess. as long as they stay out of the squat rack, i dont care what they do.

monday- deads
thursday- squats

fock the rest

+1

If these guys had half a brain they would realize how much overall body growth there is to be had by basing their routines around deads and squats. It's not rocket science!!!

MongoSS

MongoSS

Awards
legs and back are a lot harder to work than beach muscles. People tend to do whats easy.

manicstudio

Awards
Tell me about it...I started off like that...but from trial and error...when you a beginner alotta things look intimidating so ppl do go for wats easier...spent a quarter of my training past to balance everything...one thing I did do right as a beginner was hit the squats...no smiths, but my limbs are so long at my height...my forearms n calves take alott of mass to look impressive...I always evy tha naturally shorter stocky guys that dont have 2 train calves n forearms n just automatically have them in the gate

phoenix25

Awards
God I go to recreation centers nowadays and see so many guys w/ chicken legs and ronnie coleman upper bodies. Also the guys with MASSIVE arms but lousy calves and chest and pale skin. I feel like i'm weird because I don't have chicken legs or oversized torsos. It's terrible. People don't know how to train. Ugh

/rant
amen

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
There is a guy at my gym that pins who has the lats of a 12 year old girl. I've never seen him do legs either.

I got jonny drama calves but I can lunge 275 haha. Don't hate on the small calves crew

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
I'm one of the guys with genetic **** for calves. I think I may be missing a chromosom lol. I kill my legs every week and see minimal growth even as the weight goes up. To make matters worse I'm just getting over a pulled groin so I haven't been able to train legs for nearly a month.....so I'm extra puny now :(. Goal is to get 225x8 within the first month I start hitting it hard again!!

manicstudio

Awards
I'm one of the guys with genetic **** for calves. I think I may be missing a chromosom lol. I kill my legs every week and see minimal growth even as the weight goes up. To make matters worse I'm just getting over a pulled groin so I haven't been able to train legs for nearly a month.....so I'm extra puny now :(. Goal is to get 225x8 within the first month I start hitting it hard again!!
Same here...well actually i dont work them as much as I should...they just so damn long; starting behind my knees down to my ankles...i thought heavy frog squats on tha hack machine would help...i think it did kinda but direct is the only way to go for me when it comes to growing calves n forearms.

I hate when vets always say u dont need to train them directly, thats b.s...of course theres grow wit bench, deads n squat cuz they have midget lower arms n legs proportions...like somethin' Priest tha bodybuilder

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
keep on killin them with deads and squats, they will grow too.

sharperunner

Awards
To the OP, I was with you until the pale skin remark.