What vitamins / minerals / other are needed for optimum testosterone synthesis?

Dumpenady

Awards
Unfortuately I was not able to find a proper explanation of testosterone synthesis in the human body... anyone got an url for me?

However, what I know is that the following nutrients are needed for testosterone synthesis:
vitamin d
vitamin a
vitamin k(2)
zinc
selenium
cholesterol
magnesium (higher free testosterone+total)

high copper levels can lower testosterone (maybe because of the inverse relationship between copper and zinc)

I know there are plenty of supplements that can raise testosterone such as DAA, or increase free testosterone such as Longjax(was that ever scientifically proven...?) but I am mainly asking for whats needed for optimal testosterone synthesis. Reasoning behind this is that those supplements should work even better once the body is not lacking anything it does need to produce testosterone.

Guys if you can add something/give me some hints, that'd be great.

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Unfortuately I was not able to find a proper explanation of testosterone synthesis in the human body... anyone got an url for me?

However, what I know is that the following nutrients are needed for testosterone synthesis:
vitamin d
vitamin a
vitamin k(2)
zinc
selenium
cholesterol

high copper levels can lower testosterone (maybe because of the inverse relationship between copper and zinc)

I know there are plenty of supplements that can raise testosterone such as DAA, or increase free testosterone such as Longjax(was that ever scientifically proven...?) but I am mainly asking for whats needed for optimal testosterone synthesis. Reasoning behind this is that those supplements should work even better once the body is not lacking anything it does need to produce testosterone.

What you have right now is solid. You can add other supplements in combination to the DAA to raise your testosterone levels.

My personal favorite stack is DAA with Erase Pro(Anti-Aromatase/Anti-Estrogen). 3g of DAA taken daily for twelve days has show an increase in testosterone levels as much as 33%. And adding Erase Pro you are lowering and cutting out estrogen while raising testosterone. Giving you a harder and more dry physique.

Maybe I got off topic but is that what you were asking for? Ha

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I would throw in Vitamin C, a Vitamin B complex, Vitamin E complex (mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols), try to get a mixed caretenoid supplement for your vitamin A. Circumin. Fish Oils, and possibly a topical Trans-Resveratrol supplement and you'd be good to go. Your list above is correct, but don't leave out vitamins such as C or B as they are vital to so many other bodily processes that a deficiency could have a trickle down effect on your hormones. A mixed Vitamin E supplement (Such as Toco 8 cannot be underrated as well, I recommend you check that supplement out ASAP).

Make sure you're getting enough dietary good fats, keeping body fat low, and hitting the weights and you're priming your own body for optimal test output, w/o adding anything to "boost" that.

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards

vitamin d
vitamin a
vitamin k(2)
zinc
selenium
cholesterol

Honestly sounds like you need a good dosed and time released if you're worried about absorbing them all.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Honestly sounds like you need a good dosed and time released if you're worried about absorbing them all.
Take water soluble vitamins (C and B) with each meal.
Take fat soluble vitamins (A, D, and E) once a day with meals
Take the minerals before bed.
Any anti-oxidants throught the day

cmstric

Awards
What about Controlled Labs orange triad and oxi omega?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vitatest is a good option. That is what I take.

MooseLoRoose

MooseLoRoose

Awards
Simple solution to see if your test levels are maximized. If you can get your hands on a bodyfat caliper, or if you have one. Pinch your Triceps and measure the fold. If it's 5mm or under, your test levels are maximized. If it's 10mm, it's on the lower end of where it should be. And if it's 15mm or above, your test levels are terrible. Also the lower you can keep your insulin levels and cortisol levels the better for maximizing test.