What veggies while on pre contest?

gspyropo

Awards
What type of vegetables should I consume on my pre contest diet... I eat tones of carrots and broccoli since are my favourite should I reduce them?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sub'd

Looking fwd to competitors' responses

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Id stick just to green veggies during contest prep and i believe squash is ok as well.

Carrots have more carbs then broccoli if i remember correctly.

trinitypt3

trinitypt3

Awards
Broccoli, spinach, kale, asparagus, red peppers, green peppers, green beans, sprouts

uvawahoowa

Awards
What type of vegetables should I consume on my pre contest diet... I eat tones of carrots and broccoli since are my favourite should I reduce them?
I would limit carrots but as long as you stay within your macros you will be fine. I was eating 12oz per day broccoli and asparagus each day on my last prep up until my final carb up I was also having 2.5oz tomato every night with dinner.

gspyropo

Awards
Thanks for your replies guys what about protein shakes should I reduce them and replace them with food or not??

uvawahoowa

Awards
Thanks for your replies guys what about protein shakes should I reduce them and replace them with food or not??
Up to you, but the more food meals you have the more satiated you will feel throughout prep. I would limit it to post workout, possibly one in the AM upon waking if you feel like you need it.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This depends on how you feel after consuming a protein shake. Some people feel full after if they have other macros added in, while others like myself get ravenously hungry. IMO its all about what will allow you to stay true to your diet while in contest prep all whilst stayin within your macros.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Raw fermented sauerkraut and other lacto-fermented veggies. I have at least 3 hefty servings of fermented veggies per day. Do some research on the benefits of lacto-fermentation and you will never eat "fresh" or "cooked" veggies again. The fermentation process turns veggies into a super food. Also, whatever sugars present in carrots, etc are consumed by the live and active cultures and converted into lactic acid. I am currently 4 weeks out.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Raw fermented sauerkraut and other lacto-fermented veggies. I have at least 3 hefty servings of fermented veggies per day. Do some research on the benefits of lacto-fermentation and you will never eat "fresh" or "cooked" veggies again. The fermentation process turns veggies into a super food. Also, whatever sugars present in carrots, etc are consumed by the live and active cultures and converted into lactic acid. I am currently 4 weeks out.
I have never heard of this, will take a look

uvawahoowa

Awards
I actually cannot comment on that...I thought I had read somewhere it was when raw...You always could just eat regular vegetables and just pick up some DIM its pretty cost effective
You smart people and your acronyms...DIM = ?

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
You smart people and your acronyms...DIM = ?
3,3'-Diindolylmethane. It's a naturally occurring anti-estrogen. Found in all cruciferous veggies... Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, kale, cauliflower..... Etc.... SAUERKRAUT. LOL

uvawahoowa

Awards
3,3'-Diindolylmethane. It's a naturally occurring anti-estrogen. Found in all cruciferous veggies... Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, kale, cauliflower..... Etc.... SAUERKRAUT. LOL
Ah gotcha thanks