WHAT?? OxyELITE Protein at BLOWOUT Price + FREE AminoLIFT!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I lift because i rather spend 20-25$ a month on a gym membership than be a person who spends 6$ a day on drugs or cigarettes.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I lift because i rather spend 20-25$ a month on a gym membership than be a person who spends 6$ a day on drugs or cigarettes.
or medication to fix all the health issues they have from lack of exercise...

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I lift to spice up my life. Things would get pretty monotonous without seeing my progression in lifting.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I lift for the girls. Lets be honest. Most of us started with this in mind ;)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
As just stated above me lol. Initially I definitely started lifting with females in mind along with my other goals. Now it's my wife, but still :p

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I lift because I have to teach gym class today and do not want to look like a small dude that has no idea what he is talking about :)

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I lift because I have to teach gym class today and do not want to look like a small dude that has no idea what he is talking about :)
There are some monster high school kids haha... My old football coaches had me come in during the summer and talk to the kids about looking back on the program an what I'm doing now. It was pretty cool and they had recently tested maxes and many of them were benching over 315lbs and one of them was squatting close to 495lbs

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I started lifting, just wanting a nice "beach body."
that quickly progressed into "i'm pretty lean, i need some size"
8-9 years later and I wanna be a beast!

AP (Anabolic Pump) was the first supplement i used, outside of the protein/bcaa/multi realm.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I sit in front of a computer all day, so I lift just so I can DO something.

steelhart36

steelhart36

Awards
I was the skinny kid in high school. I started lifting weights to be Huge. That didnt happen but I gained 80 lbs. now, at over 40 I lift for my health, and, well, I just love the pain

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a few more days guys. :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I lift to stay healthy. I come from a long line of poor health on both sides and want to be the rebel of the family if possible

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I was the overweight fat offensive lineman in high school. After i tore my MCL my senior year i used weight lifting as a way to regain my health, repair my leg and treatment to strengthen my MCL and now i can squat more than i did when i was 240 pounds and in high school at 170 pounds.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I lift to see how hard I can push myself. I consider myself a very hard worker and want to see what my true limits are. Sometimes to a fault (injuries, lack of recovery, taking things too far, etc) but its all a learning process.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Damn is that a new pic?! Looking grainy as hell
Took this today and I did not even train back or legs.
Last night i had Mexican (Cheat Meal)
Then a pint of ice cream and 4 Pumpkin Spice Oreos
Woke up .5 lbs less
Worked my kcals up to 3000 a day from 1750 at the end of my cut in over 3.5 months and have only gained 3 pounds.

bodybuilding and lifting is a reason why i like to not only improve my physique but LEARN my body in the process.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I lift because my dad and grandfather both does, did

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I lift because it is a place where you can meet other friends who are interested in the hobby you enjoy and can make life long relationships.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Another reason I lift, to fit the theme if my 1 year anniversary, is to keep my wife motivated to do the same. When I workout at home she likes to jump on our bike/treadmill just to be with me!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I lift because it is a place where you can meet other friends who are interested in the hobby you enjoy and can make life long relationships.
Haha not at my gym... It's me and maybe 1-2 75+ yr olds in there at any given time. I like my space so it fits me.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I lift because I love it. If for no other reason then it makes me feel good mentally and physically.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Haha not at my gym... It's me and maybe 1-2 75+ yr olds in there at any given time. I like my space so it fits me.
My gym is very competitive, nearly 75% of them are bodybuilders, figure athletes, bikini, womens physique etc
our owner just ran his own show a few weeks ago and a lot of people from the gym was in contest prep. Great atmosphere.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My Gym is in my basement and has (1) member...but he's a Great Guy !!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My gym is very competitive, nearly 75% of them are bodybuilders, figure athletes, bikini, womens physique etc our owner just ran his own show a few weeks ago and a lot of people from the gym was in contest prep. Great atmosphere.
That's awesome. I would enjoy a place like that. I just can't stand being around a bunch of ppl who half ass it or try to avoid breaking a sweat while texting.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Where do you live ?
Guarantee if you google you can find s good gym

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Where do you live ? Guarantee if you google you can find s good gym
Just outside Pitt. All the gyms around here are the 24/7 or la fitness types tho I've never really looked either. Just what I've seen in passing

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dude you live outside of pitt
Fitness Factory is a legit place (off South Highland Ave) right by Spoon one of the best places to eat in pittsburgh.
Look up where Universal trained when they came through on their road trip. The place looked amazing.
the knock in the hall places are where you want to train not the commerical gyms.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dude you live outside of pitt Fitness Factory is a legit place (off South Highland Ave) right by Spoon one of the best places to eat in pittsburgh. Look up where Universal trained when they came through on their road trip. The place looked amazing. the knock in the hall places are where you want to train not the commerical gyms.
Ya but training after work there's no way I'm driving into the city. F that. Traffic would make it a 5hr trip just to lift for 45min.

steelhart36

steelhart36

Awards
Ah, got some Pittsburgh folks. Go Steelers. Oh, wrong forum. Go Lift!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I lift to keep others motivated to improve themselves. Making improvements to myself just shows others what's possible with dedication and effort

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just outside Pitt. All the gyms around here are the 24/7 or la fitness types tho I've never really looked either. Just what I've seen in passing
Where do you live, I have a lot of freinds in the Uniontown Area ??

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Where do you live, I have a lot of freinds in the Uniontown Area ??
I live in the plum/murrysville/new Kensington area. Pretty far from union town (which I wouldn't really consider Pitt... It's a good 1hr + away)

mj40069

Awards
Killer deal for one of the best Chocolates in the industry. When I say best it's in my top 4 and I love a good chocolate protein!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I lift to show others where true power comes from. True measures of strength always have and always will start from the heart. We all will have different motives and goals, but for me my fire will always burn brightest when lifting some heavy AZZ SHIZZZ!!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I lift because it keeps me task oriented. I get up early to go lift weights, it gets me in a good sleep pattern, and it also helps me dictate my social life. Friends i make in the gym i spend time outside of the gym with them.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's almost time to choose winners!

I lift because it keeps me task oriented. I get up early to go lift weights, it gets me in a good sleep pattern, and it also helps me dictate my social life. Friends i make in the gym i spend time outside of the gym with them.
Yes to both of those!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I lift because it gives me energy for a long day of school and teaching kids.
Speaking of that. Time to go crush some iron right now.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Good point on energy Bob, I lift to wake myself the hell up some days lol. Gets me in gear and ready to tale on the day