What is this exercise called?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hello,
What is this exercise called and what muscles does it work? Basically I'm lying down on the floor (don't have a bench) and I'm lifting the barbell from the floor until I'm level with my chest and then slowly back down.

Thanks!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought so too but I'm basically flat on the floor rather than bracing my back on a bench. Will I still be able to target my lats? When I did it I felt more strain on my armpit muscles than the lats.
Pullovers aren’t a very good exercise for your lats anyway. They work the chest way more. If you’re limited on equipments at home, gets some bands and get creative.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought so too but I'm basically flat on the floor rather than bracing my back on a bench. Will I still be able to target my lats? When I did it I felt more strain on my armpit muscles than the lats.
Yeah what you are feeling is probably a combination of Latissimus Dorsi and Teres Major. But also pectorals and coracobrachialis. @sammpedd88 is correct in that its not an optimal Lat exercise. But if you could prop your upper back up somehow you would at least get a good stretch in the bottom.

But get some bands, attach them over the door and do straight arm pulldowns that way. You will feel your lats more!

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hope you pursue a career in graphic design if your other job doesn't work out, id love to see a whole ad campaign done with this artwork 😂😂

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Terrible version of a pullover. The floor ensures no lat engagment and that you will surely injure yourself. I would go heavier if your not feeling it. Pullovers were Dorian Yates number Lat exercises se