What happens when HCG goes bad?

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I recently had to reconstitute 2 5,000iu bottles of HCG due to me needing one in one place and one in the other. How long is the shelf life and how do you know if it’s gone bad? What if you shot some and it was bad? Would you get sick or something? Or an abscess?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It simply stops working. You don't get sick or anything. When I was using it, I found that if refrigerated, about 25 days was about the max I got out of it.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It simply stops working. You don't get sick or anything. When I was using it, I found that if refrigerated, about 25 days was about the max I got out of it.
I refrigerated mine , in the syringe, for over a month because I had labs to do at the doctor, and just continued it after the Doctor appointment, and according to my testes it worked fine.

I did have some major mood swings while taking it, although that could have been from me changing my sleeping schedule, trying melatonin, or stress.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HCG is notorious for mood issues- the increased test and e2 spikes can be difficult to manage. This is the reason I dropped it, outside of looking like a fat bloated pig.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
HCG is notorious for mood issues- the increased test and e2 spikes can be difficult to manage. This is the reason I dropped it, outside of looking like a fat bloated pig.
I have some pretty wild mood swings haha guessing that can partially be attributed to this.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This. Exactly this.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Don't listen to any of these guys. I'll tell you what happened to me and you'd better listen carefully before it happens to you.
I knew when my HCG went bad soon after because I started having the desire to watch Hallmark Movies... Daytime Television Soaps.. then it got really bad, and I was subscribing to OXYGEN Network. It had to be the HCG...

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Don't listen to any of these guys. I'll tell you what happened to me and you'd better listen carefully before it happens to you.
I knew when my HCG went bad soon after because I started having the desire to watch Hallmark Movies... Daytime Television Soaps.. then it got really bad, and I was subscribing to OXYGEN Network. It had to be the HCG...
****ing crying laughing on the stair stepper right now

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Damn I want to start taking hcg to preserve fertility but all this mood swing talk is scaring me lol

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hahahaha I was just about to reply with something like "When the HCG goes bad... you better hide yo kids, hide yo wife"

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn I want to start taking hcg to preserve fertility but all this mood swing talk is scaring me lol
I thought the same when I started TRT but then I found out that HMG is more responsible for fertility than HCG. Just wait till you want to have kids then come off or lower your test dose and go on HCG + HMG. HMG is analogous to follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) which is more responsible for sperm production. HCG is analogous to LH, which is more responsible for testosterone production.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought the same when I started TRT but then I found out that HMG is more responsible for fertility than HCG. Just wait till you want to have kids then come off or lower your test dose and go on HCG + HMG. HMG is analogous to follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) which is more responsible for sperm production. HCG is analogous to LH, which is more responsible for testosterone production.
And if you really wanna get spicy with your fertility, you combine GnRHa with hCG and hMG. All of this can be done under the supervision of a fertility doctor:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02544191

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Awesome thanks for the advice, I know HMG is crazy expensive and finding a doc knowledgeable and willing to use it will be a challenge though

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GnRHa is no joke too. It’s powerful stuff. It will awaken completely shutdown gonads but has to be used per instructed or it can cook the leydig cells permanently.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it’s time to put some swimmers back in the water here as well. Can not do hcg, makes me moody and I ain’t chasing my e2 all over the place now since it took me a decade to get stabilized with out an AI. Clomid make me suicidal at even 25 mgs a day. Only option is HMG to be the only option left. If the urologist wants to have me stop TRT for 3 months, I will just laugh and walk out of the office. It ain’t happening.