What good has Obama done for the U.S.A.?

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty much a libertarian so my side never wins but I'll give my two cents:

1. I don't see how anyone can call Obama the worst president in history halfway through his term. Just what are you basing that on exactly? He's been in office two years and he's that horrible? Honestly I think anyone who calls someone the "worst president ever" is probably just being completely ignorant. I was against many things that GWB did (and many of the continued things that Obama did) but it is WAY too early to call someone the worst at something. History has a lot to play out to judge the things that these two men have done....Bush even, let alone Obama.

2. My biggest sadness with Obama is the things he said he would do that he did not: I thought he might change some of the Patriot Act that took away our freedoms, thought he would close Gitmo immediately, thought he would get us out of wars we don't belong in, etc. This has been my biggest sadness with him. I could list many more things he has done that disappointed me. I won't mention some of his spending because I always believed him to be a spender. He didn't really run as someone who didn't believe in government doing more for people.

3. As for good things he has done: Well I do believe our popularity as a nation has went up. Bush was immensely unpopular across a lot of the world and we were seen as idiots. Obama does appeal to a large amount of people overseas for various reasons. I can list others, but I want to get to my main point in the last paragraph.

4. I think on the whole Obama has been scrutinized more than any other president in history. A lot of this has to do (obviously) with his race. Things like the birther argument, etc is just not something any other candidate will probably see. A vast majority of Americans HATED him before he did anything. For instance a house near where I live has been flying their flag at half mast since he was elected...this was before he was even sworn in! The vast majority of people I have ever talked to that say they hate him can't pinpoint a reason or say things like "the economy." Some of these people I know directly are in pretty much the exact same situation as they were in 4 years ago. I think the economy struggling is one of the most overblown tales of our time, but that is for another thread. Half the people who mentionthe economy sucking in threads are doing it from their jobs or homes that are air conditioned while taking a break from playing PS3 or Xbox on their flat screen.

Republicans and Democrats are really the same thing most people just don't want to admit it. Neither side is for small government in the least bit they are just for different forms of big government. They just lie in different ways. Republicans say they are small government, but that's a laugh. Half of them want Christianity taught in schools, gay marriage outlawed, more wars, etc. Democrats will tell lies like they are anti-war and then get into office and don't do anything about the military complex.

Someone who is truly for small government has no chance of getting elected anyways. And if you really think the country would be much better off with John McCain in office than Barack Obama I'd have to stifle a laugh. My biggest complaints with Obama would be the fact that he hasn't been as socially liberal as I expected him to be. The only thing that changes is the lies politicians make to get elected and that will never change. Like Republicans being all against government health care, but expanding the government health care with the prescription drug program. And it will go on this way for eternity I'm afraid. We will put Republicans in power and get sick of what they do and then we will give the Democrats a shot. Then the same thing will happen and so on and so on.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To start Ill give my opinion on statement #1. He is a corporate dictator, he is a anti-constitutional lawyer who extended the patriot act, his birth certificate is a proven fraud, he is establishing a executive dictatorship, his entire family was CIA, and he has connection with the CIA since the early 80's, he is a war monster, he is one blood thirsty beast and has more wars than president Bush, he takes credit on events that were fabricated, he says one thing and does the other, etc....

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
obama has done nothing good as far as i can see...

and he likes to try to take credit for things he didnt do.....

IMO, hes filth and only got elected because hes black

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4. I think on the whole Obama has been scrutinized more than any other president in history. A lot of this has to do (obviously) with his race. Things like the birther argument, etc is just not something any other candidate will probably see. A vast majority of Americans HATED him before he did anything. For instance a house near where I live has been flying their flag at half mast since he was elected...this was before he was even sworn in! The vast majority of people I have ever talked to that say they hate him can't pinpoint a reason or say things like "the economy." Some of these people I know directly are in pretty much the exact same situation as they were in 4 years ago. I think the economy struggling is one of the most overblown tales of our time, but that is for another thread. Half the people who mentionthe economy sucking in threads are doing it from their jobs or homes that are air conditioned while taking a break from playing PS3 or Xbox on their flat screen.
Although I agree that there are race issues, the man has not provided a legitimate birth certificate and to make things worse he fabricated his birth certificate and released it to the public.

All you have to do is download it directly from the whitehouse and use a photoshop program to split it into multiple layers.

There is much more to it, but the man is an Indonesian citizen.

His Indonesian step father who adopted Barry Soetoro (aka Obama) Lolo Soetoro was multi millionare oil guru, and he helped overthrow the Indonesian government which caused the deaths of some 100,000 Indonesians.

There is much more to his background but this is just for starts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolo_Soetoro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_National_Revolution

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
To start Ill give my opinion on statement #1. He is a corporate dictator, he is a anti-constitutional lawyer who extended the patriot act, his birth certificate is a proven fraud, he is establishing a executive dictatorship, his entire family was CIA, and he has connection with the CIA since the early 80's, he is a war monster, he is one blood thirsty beast and has more wars than president Bush, he takes credit on events that were fabricated, he says one thing and does the other, etc....
For the most part you could say almost all of these things about any politician (which was sort of my point). Other than the conspiracy type theories like his birth certificate and family stuff (which I'm not going to get into here just like in your other thread :)) though could you not?

George W Bush could be called all of those and based on his record so could have John McCain.

All of those are pretty subjective FWIW, especially at a halfway point in someone's presidency.

I'm going to reiterate that I'm not interested in getting into all the conspiracy theory stuff. I haven't and won't do the research on that. You're a person who is just very different from me in that regard and it's not something I have the energy or passion to debate.

My original point was NOT to defend Obama other than the fact to point out that he is probably just as bad as anything on the other side and nothing more/nothing less. You get the same thing whether you go with D or R, just in slightly different tastes of losing your liberty.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For the most part you could say almost all of these things about any politician (which was sort of my point). Other than the conspiracy type theories like his birth certificate and family stuff (which I'm not going to get into here just like in your other thread :)) though could you not?

George W Bush could be called all of those and based on his record so could have John McCain.

All of those are pretty subjective FWIW, especially at a halfway point in someone's presidency.
I never said Obama is the worst in history, he is just as blood vicious as many of the rest of them.

His birth certificate is not a conspiracy theory, its scientifically fake.

Bush and McCain can rot in hell with Obama some day. They all are the dirtiest, lowliest scum on the planet and they have all so much death and bloodshed on their hands that they have to live with. I dont care what their race is, white, black, that is not the issue, the issue is they are all unconstitutional politicians and murderers.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
race issues? thats what got him elected in the first place!!!

he got the minority vote, by fooling people to believe he was gunna pay their bills

[video=youtube;ImtWWyGViQQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImtWWyGViQQ[/video]

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
@ Swollen: Some people like Obama because he's black some people dislike him because he's black. I hardly think any student of history would say he only won the Presidency because he was black. I do think a large part of his criticism is race related in the sense that if a white man had had the same presidency as him so far he wouldn't see as much criticism as he has.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
@ Swollen: Some people like Obama because he's black some people dislike him because he's black. I hardly think any student of history would say he only won the Presidency because he was black. I do think a large part of his criticism is race related in the sense that if a white man had had the same presidency as him so far he wouldn't see as much criticism as he has.
I think Obama is actually getting far less criticism than Bush (I on the other hand hate both of the equally.) It seems that more people are accepting of the wars because Obama is better at relaying the propaganda messages to the public, reasoning the Bildeberger group had selected him to win the election.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
His birth certificate is not a conspiracy theory, its scientifically fake.
Just for curiosity sake I googled Obama birth certificate scientifically fake, and here is what the top page brought up....here is one of the "bulleted" points for I guess proving it's fakeness.

"Take a copy of Obama’s book The Audacity of Hope. Beginning at page 12 and going through page 297, write down the first letter of the first noun on the fourth sentence of the page. You’ll be stunned at the secret message."

Really?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

Anyways, (and seriously) I won't respond to any of the conspiracy theory type stuff from here on out. I've done all that in the past and like with the 9/11 thing I find it a huge waste of time. Clearly we can both find many things that lend credence to one side or the other and these have been hashed out on many other forums. I don't want to get into it. I'd rather read your Anabeta log with my time than debate this :)

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
well, im not a student of history... im a resident of nj, and its VERY diverse here.... this i do not mind, i have no problem with black people

- but literally EVERY black person i know (i know alot) voted for obama... and 99% of them have no idea what is going on in the world at all...

theyre were rallys in every black neighborhood in my area.... and your gunna try to tell me these people didnt elect him because he was black?

it was at least part of it, and the other part was obamas campaigning... which was obviously the most sucessfull part of his presidency

if a white man was in the office, he would get JUST AS MUCH criticism as o-bam-bam.

look at history, every president has had criticism... obama supporters are just opposing the criticism claiming it is race related....

hes still scum in my book

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyways, (and seriously) I won't respond to any of the conspiracy theory type stuff from here on out. I've done all that in the past and like with the 9/11 thing I find it a huge waste of time. Clearly we can both find many things that lend credence to one side or the other and these have been hashed out on many other forums. I don't want to get into it. I'd rather read your Anabeta log with my time than debate this :)
Ok my friend, Ill calm down, lol

Its good you dont jump to conclusions just because I make statements on a board,

Your a libertarian? How do you feel about Ron Paul running again?

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
I think Obama is actually getting far less criticism than Bush (I on the other hand hate both of the equally.) It seems that more people are accepting of the wars because Obama is better at relaying the propaganda messages to the public, reasoning the Bildeberger group had selected him to win the election.
This I can play with :) I disagree. I think Obama sees a level of hate two years into his presidency that no one has ever seen. He is well liked by a lot of people, but those that oppose him oppose him with a nature I have never seen before. GWB was certainly disliked and to a large extent, but I think a lot of this was especially evident later in his presidency. The Presidency is a largely thankless job and usually we bitch about the person in power no matter what. I think as his recent numbers have shown Obama will get less popular as his presidency continues. The sheer level of natural hatred I don't think was seen with GWB. Then again I live in a pretty conservative state :)

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Ok my friend, Ill calm down, lol

Its good you dont jump to conclusions just because I make statements on a board,

Your a libertarian? How do you feel about Ron Paul running again?
I don't care. It's great that he runs because it is fun to listen to him talk (though I don't agree with him on some things) especially at Republican debates, but he has no chance of winning. I do think libertarians on the whole is sorta picking up steam (though I DON'T think the vast majority of tea partiers are libertarian from what I have talked to (seriously Michele Bachmann?!) but he has no chance. I just wish more people would see how hurt we are by a two party system.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, im not a student of history... im a resident of nj, and its VERY diverse here.... this i do not mind, i have no problem with black people

- but literally EVERY black person i know (i know alot) voted for obama... and 99% of them have no idea what is going on in the world at all...

theyre were rallys in every black neighborhood in my area.... and your gunna try to tell me these people didnt elect him because he was black?

it was at least part of it, and the other part was obamas campaigning... which was obviously the most sucessfull part of his presidency

if a white man was in the office, he would get JUST AS MUCH criticism as o-bam-bam.

look at history, every president has had criticism... obama supporters are just opposing the criticism claiming it is race related....

The black guys at my gym dont even consider Obama black, lol shows that it may be more of a regional thing than just color.

Im sure some people vote white just because their white, and some vote black because their black, etc....

But there should be other contributing factors such as 8 years of Bush being the top dog of the Republican leadership and being completely disconnected with a large portion of the population.

I actually voted for Obama, 100% honest, I feel my criticism is quite genuine as everything he has stated in his campaign he has turned his back against.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
This I can play with :) I disagree. I think Obama sees a level of hate two years into his presidency that no one has ever seen. He is well liked by a lot of people, but those that oppose him oppose him with a nature I have never seen before. GWB was certainly disliked and to a large extent, but I think a lot of this was especially evident later in his presidency. The Presidency is a largely thankless job and usually we bitch about the person in power no matter what. I think as his recent numbers have shown Obama will get less popular as his presidency continues. The sheer level of natural hatred I don't think was seen with GWB. Then again I live in a pretty conservative state :)

kansas is 83.8 % white
and 5.9 % black

this could be why you see the hatred and not the praising....

while nj is only 59% white

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't care. It's great that he runs because it is fun to listen to him talk (though I don't agree with him on some things) especially at Republican debates, but he has no chance of winning. I do think libertarians on the whole is sorta picking up steam (though I DON'T think the vast majority of tea partiers are libertarian from what I have talked to (seriously Michele Bachmann?!) but he has no chance. I just wish more people would see how hurt we are by a two party system.
I think what happened was Ron Paul actually launched the tea party, next thing you know CNN is portraying Sarah Palin as the leader of the tea party giving public speeches to tea party rallys on national television.

Its as if the tea party was infiltrated by republicans as a way to levy up and capitalize on a movement at the same time putting the true idea's and leaders of the movement down.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
The black guys at my gym dont even consider Obama black, lol shows that it may be more of a regional thing than just color.

Im sure some people vote white just because their white, and some vote black because their black, etc....

But there should be other contributing factors such as 8 years of Bush being the top dog of the Republican leadership and being completely disconnected with a large portion of the population.

I actually voted for Obama, 100% honest, I feel my criticism is quite genuine as everything he has stated in his campaign he has turned his back against.
lol at him not being black..

i feel bad for you voting for abama...

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established

@ Swollen: Clearly the vast majority of blacks voted for Obama, but keep in mind that is still just 12.5% of the population. And I know a TON of whites who are just as stupid about what's going on in the world who DIDN'T vote for Obama solely because he is black. He couldn't win the election with just the black vote though he obviously carried that by a large margin.

My point was that a lot of the hate towards him was taking place before he even got into office and a lot of it is less to do with his policies than his skin color. Seriously if people are going to fly the flag at half mast BEFORE someone does ANYTHING I think that shows they don't like something. And I've heard countless people say things like "that's what we get for letting an N word in office."

This is not to say that I think all his criticism is race related, but I do think things like the rise of some militias and the big fear of him even before he had really settled in was race related.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
I think what happened was Ron Paul actually launched the tea party, next thing you know CNN is portraying Sarah Palin as the leader of the tea party giving public speeches to tea party rallys on national television.

Its as if the tea party was infiltrated by republicans as a way to levy up and capitalize on a movement at the same time putting the true idea's and leaders of the movement down.
I vote for Ron Paul along with like 4 other people :)

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I vote for Ron Paul along with like 4 other people :)
He wont be running as a congressman anymore, if he loses the election (and I expect him to lose, unfortunatly :() then thats pretty much an end of that era.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sorry but you are sooooooo far off the mark here. He was elected because he was black. Period. A white man with the same upbringing, education and experience as he had would never have made it through the primaries.

And none of my criticisms of him are based on skin color, i'm about as non-racist as it gets. His poilicies and ideals are crazy, as well as the people he associated with and considers his mentors.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pretty much a libertarian so my side never wins but I'll give my two cents:

1. I don't see how anyone can call Obama the worst president in history halfway through his term. Just what are you basing that on exactly? He's been in office two years and he's that horrible? Honestly I think anyone who calls someone the "worst president ever" is probably just being completely ignorant. I was against many things that GWB did (and many of the continued things that Obama did) but it is WAY too early to call someone the worst at something. History has a lot to play out to judge the things that these two men have done....Bush even, let alone Obama.
I dunno, he's created more debt than any other president. He used the money we took on in debt to buy banks, buy General Motors and other assorted socialist/communist things which congress isn't authorized to do. He's changing the definition of rights - in the constitution + bill of rights if you read it the rights are rights against government intrusion in. Now with Obama more has been done to define rights as things the government owes you. He's also been the most adept at making statements that make himself sound like he is compromising and working with republicans while the whole time knowing the democrats in congress won't vote for it and he can pull some minor excuse out of his ass as to what they changed.

And the very very very worst thing is that he will not veto the whole "super congress" nonsense that is being added into the bills for the debt ceiling. It suddenly throws out our constitution entirely, makes the rank and file of congress useless, and puts all the power into 12 mens hands.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/25/super-congress-debt_n_909018.html?1311626737

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sorry but you are sooooooo far off the mark here. He was elected because he was black. Period. A white man with the same upbringing, education and experience as he had would never have made it through the primaries.

And none of my criticisms of him are based on skin color, i'm about as non-racist as it gets. His poilicies and ideals are crazy, as well as the people he associated with and considers his mentors.
Are you talking about his policies and ideals that he campaigned on? Or the ones he actually engaged in? Because the 2 are 2 totally opposite extremes.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you talking about his policies and ideals that he campaigned on? Or the ones he actually engaged in? Because the 2 are 2 totally opposite extremes.
both really, because they both were the extremes :)

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
both really, because they both were the extremes :)
Thats what I thought you would say, lol

And the very very very worst thing is that he will not veto the whole "super congress" nonsense that is being added into the bills for the debt ceiling. It suddenly throws out our constitution entirely, makes the rank and file of congress useless, and puts all the power into 12 mens hands.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/25/super-congress-debt_n_909018.html?1311626737
Lets not forget this "constitutional lawyer" extended the Patriot act, is establishing an executive dictatorship w/ countless executive orders and even went to war with Libya without consulting congress.

This "Super Congress" appears to only be icing on the cake to hand the country over to the private entities.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
I dunno, he's created more debt than any other president. He used the money we took on in debt to buy banks, buy General Motors and other assorted socialist/communist things which congress isn't authorized to do. He's changing the definition of rights - in the constitution + bill of rights if you read it the rights are rights against government intrusion in. Now with Obama more has been done to define rights as things the government owes you. He's also been the most adept at making statements that make himself sound like he is compromising and working with republicans while the whole time knowing the democrats in congress won't vote for it and he can pull some minor excuse out of his ass as to what they changed.

This is such a tired argument. Tarp and the auto bailouts were initiated under Bush bro. Now, Obama has done a horrible job of improving that situation but pinning the while thing to him is silly.

Obama has continued Bush's over reach and expansion of powers of the president. Bush created the Patriot Act which is a direct violation of rights. Obama extended it. Bush lied us into a war. Obama is ignoring existing law getting us into another.

I voted for both of them. They both suck. But...I still believe the other option presented in both cases was worse.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is such a tired argument. Tarp and the auto bailouts were initiated under Bush bro. Now, Obama has done a horrible job of improving that situation but pinning the while thing to him is silly.

Obama has continued Bush's over reach and expansion of powers of the president. Bush created the Patriot Act which is a direct violation of rights. Obama extended it. Bush lied us into a war. Obama is ignoring existing law getting us into another.

I voted for both of them. They both suck. But...I still believe the other option presented in both cases was worse.
What your stating in the first statement you make is what I always trying telling people, there is no difference between Democrats and Republicans and this country is hijacked by a 1 party duopoly system. When it comes to big issues they all put on a show on TV, and when the doors close they all shake hands and make deals.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

TARP + the bailouts were done by the democrat controlled congress, not by Bush. Obama is just an extension of them. And Obama's 800+ billion stimulus package was all his.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love the general idea from some that blacks and minorities voted for Obama simply because he was black, when others like Jesse Jackson, or Alan Keyes, couldn't even make it past a primary. How many presidents prior to Obama were black? I guess that must mean those men all won simply because they were? See where I'm going with this?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Both parties had a hand in the bailouts.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love the general idea from some that blacks and minorities voted for Obama simply because he was black, when others like Jesse Jackson, or Alan Keyes, couldn't even make it past a primary. How many presidents prior to Obama were black? I guess that must mean those men all won simply because they were? See where I'm going with this?
Some blacks do vote for blacks just because their blacks, the same ones who also would vote for Jesse and Alan. Some whites will refuse to vote for black people, its just basic racism that still floats around the country.

Being said, Obama won due to a vast marketing campaign and millions of dollars of corporate campaign contributions. He already has 1 billion dollars for the next election.

We now as of a year ago live in a world where the Supreme Court granted corporations permission to contribute unlimited amounts of money to politicians. We do not live in a democracy any more. Its just like Muscletech, they have money for market power and outsell a better superior company such as Genomyx by a landslide.

Due to corporate control of the media, money buys airtime, thats what people go by (as a majority) and their choices are narrowed down to either coke or pepsi.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So if voting is based on cultural, ethnic or racial identity, then that would also hold true for all presidents prior to Obama? I'm not getting into a back and forth about political ideology. I didn't come in here for that. I just read some of the comments about casting votes based on one's racial makeup. Conservatives and liberals see the world differently...shocking. Everyone thinks they have the right answers, the right philosophies by which to lead, usually they are wrong in both cases.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So if voting is based on cultural, ethnic or racial identity, then that would also hold true for all presidents prior to Obama? I'm not getting into a back and forth about political ideology. I didn't come in here for that. I just read some of the comments about casting votes based on one's racial makeup. Conservatives and liberals see the world differently...shocking. Everyone thinks they have the right answers, the right philosophies by which to lead, usually they are wrong in both cases.
The difference here wasn't simple the color or voting with color, but that you were instantly declared a racist if you disagreed with anything Obama said during his campaign. If you disagreed with the idea of closing Guantanamo, it was because you were racist not because you thought Cuba was a good place to keep terrorists. I was called a racist many times here on anabolic minds over disagreeing with Obama's stated policies.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Both parties had a hand in the bailouts.
This. Tarp was born in the treasury dept run by Goldman Sachs. Oops! I mean Paulson. The dema in congress signed off on it. Bush endorsed it.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The difference here wasn't simple the color or voting with color, but that you were instantly declared a racist if you disagreed with anything Obama said during his campaign. If you disagreed with the idea of closing Guantanamo, it was because you were racist not because you thought Cuba was a good place to keep terrorists. I was called a racist many times here on anabolic minds over disagreeing with Obama's stated policies.
I was part of those early political threads, with people going back and forth, in fact you and I did as well on a few occasions lol. You're a good man who just happens to have strong beliefs, that I also happen to respectfully disagree with, but I'd never classify you as a racist. I classify you as a supplement racist, because you refuse to use the same products that I do.

Reactions: ax1
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder why nobody ever called me a racist when I used to spill my guts criticizing the Bush regime. Maybe the accuser has internal race issues thinking its only ok to criticize your own color, but when its the opposite color lets jump to conclusions and call it racism?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was part of those early political threads, with people going back and forth, in fact you and I did as well on a few occasions lol. You're a good man who just happens to have strong beliefs, that I also happen to respectfully disagree with, but I'd never classify you as a racist. I classify you as a supplement racist, because you refuse to use the same products that I do.
Well, thats because what you use for supplements are low class, lazy, and stupid ;)

Yeah, but plenty of other people threw that out as the first thing, calling someone racist because they didn't agree with Obama's campaign. And even at the polls, there was quite a bit of white voter intimidation in some of the urban areas. But I'm not quite saying his actual election win was due to his race, but moreso his primary win was race based (without which he could never have gotten elected of course). Race probably gave him a 5-10% lead in the actual election which I can't quite recall the results but I don't think it would have skewed it enough had it gone to mccain to give him enough electoral votes to win anyhow.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder why nobody ever called me a racist when I used to spill my guts criticizing the Bush regime. Maybe the accuser has internal race issues thinking its only ok to criticize your own color, but when its the opposite color lets jump to conclusions and call it racism?
No, its part of a larger problem of people's beliefs in racism, minorities don't believe its racist to be negative about the majority. Which I can't wait for, in another 20 years or so hispanics will be the majority and i'll be able to pull out all the old mexican jokes.

"You know what my favorite hobby is? Shooting cans. Mexicans, africans, any kinda cans"

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Sort of like not being able to say you didn't support the Iraq war without being labeled unpatriotic or that you don't support our troops? I got that a lot. I supported the afghan war from the get go but never the other one. I was called many things.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
No, its part of a larger problem of people's beliefs in racism, minorities don't believe its racist to be negative about the majority. Which I can't wait for, in another 20 years or so hispanics will be the majority and i'll be able to pull out all the old mexican jokes.

"You know what my favorite hobby is? Shooting cans. Mexicans, africans, any kinda cans"
You're absolutely correct on that one man.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
kansas is 83.8 % white
and 5.9 % black

this could be why you see the hatred and not the praising....

while nj is only 59% white
Having grown up in NJ, I can say with 100% certainty that the element of racism is quite strong, especially in northern NJ.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, thats because what you use for supplements are low class, lazy, and stupid ;)

Yeah, but plenty of other people threw that out as the first thing, calling someone racist because they didn't agree with Obama's campaign. And even at the polls, there was quite a bit of white voter intimidation in some of the urban areas. But I'm not quite saying his actual election win was due to his race, but moreso his primary win was race based (without which he could never have gotten elected of course). Race probably gave him a 5-10% lead in the actual election which I
can't quite recall the results but I don't think it would have skewed it enough had it gone to mccain to give him enough electoral votes to win anyhow.
Well I got them for for free! What can I say I'm a sucker for AI handouts! ;)

I think you could also argue the reverse, as Alan Keyes and Jesse Jackson never made it past a primary, so race didn't work in their favor. I think moreover his personality helped him carry the day. He didn't come as threatening to the general population, i.e. the bitter angry black guy.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I got them for for free! What can I say I'm a sucker for AI handouts! ;)

I think you could also argue the reverse, as Alan Keyes and Jesse Jackson never made it past a primary, so race didn't work in their favor. I think moreover his personality helped him carry the day. He didn't come as threatening to the general population, i.e. the bitter angry black guy.
But that was a problem with Jessie Jackson, his history of being what most would call radical ties and even actions that had made recent US press. For all of his "rainbow coalition" he was pretty patently racist himself. Obama's nutcase radical ties were all 1 step removed and until Reverend White came up none of them had made recent press.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Having grown up in NJ, I can say with 100% certainty that the element of racism is quite strong, especially in northern NJ.
Until last year,I had not spent any time in western Oklahoma for over a decade.It was amazing to see how much the hatred for black people has grown over the years.They do not hesitate to use the word n*****,and they will say it to a black persons face,not in hushed tones amongst themselves.It was an eye opening experience.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
dude i see racism towards white people here in northern nj..... im from morris county where were u at

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
dude i see racism towards white people here in northern nj..... im from morris county where were u at
I actually thought in NJ and most northern states that there really is no rasicsm, here in NC, well that speaks for itself, rasicsm is NC, everywhere u go its present.

And when i say Rasicsm i mean on both parts. Blacks towards whites, white towards blacks.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Point is Obama hasn't done ****. Yea, and imma go ahead and say it, not all blacks voted for him, but ATLEAST 70% DID, and i mean AT THE LEAST, all because he was black. And guess what? He sucks as a president. Lol "Hope" and "Change" hasn't done a damn thing Obama so switch it up. I never bought into his crap anyways, he's just like John F Kennedy, he's a VERY good speaker. (not saying JFK was a bad president in anyway)