What ever happened to the Formestane comeback?

div1872

Awards
  • Established
I’ve used Virtus before it’s perhaps too strong. It just killed by libido at any dose.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve used Virtus before it’s perhaps too strong. It just killed by libido at any dose.
That is what ai will do, taking it by itself is pointless, any libido boost/muscle gains/strength gains you get from formestane can only come from its anabolic metabolites (formestane converts to a testosterone analogue as it is an androstenedione analogue).

AI by itself may in fact hinder gains by lowering estrogen as estrogen supports igf 1 production and androgen receptor sensitization.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People realized that crushing estrogen is worse than having it higher and AIs probably don't sell as well, though Formestane had other benefits- that might have been what stopped it.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Still might have 8 bottles of Formeron not used. No, not selling.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That is what ai will do, taking it by itself is pointless, any libido boost/muscle gains/strength gains you get from formestane can only come from its anabolic metabolites (formestane converts to a testosterone analogue as it is an androstenedione analogue).

AI by itself may in fact hinder gains by lowering estrogen as estrogen supports igf 1 production and androgen receptor sensitization.
No wonder I was enjoying GHRP2/Sermorelin combined with clomid.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Was formestane actually banned? Or was it more of a deal where companies stopped producing it due to it being grey area? I've seen it sold in the UK on predator and through a couple rc sites

Irishobrien

Awards
  • First Up Vote
People realized that crushing estrogen is worse than having it higher and AIs probably don't sell as well, though Formestane had other benefits- that might have been what stopped it.
formestane never “crushed” estrogen. It uniformly increased libido, slightly decreased estrogen, and also converted to a less androgenic testosterone analogue (4-hydroxytestosterone). The latter has been described as an incredibly effective steroidal SARM.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Only available orally which I’m not sure does anything
Ya, brawn had a topical that was about as good as formeron - but that was about 5 years ago (last time I looked). ty

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Was formestane actually banned? Or was it more of a deal where companies stopped producing it due to it being grey area? I've seen it sold in the UK on predator and through a couple rc sites
It was banned in the US at the same time the PH bann occured.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
full ban in the US. It is explicitly listed on the scheduled items list that came out with the last big PH ban a few years back. (thus why it never returned in the US but is available in the UK, etc.)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i really :love: formestane.

be willing to bet my total count of td formestane bottles used would be in the hundreds-easy.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
formestane never “crushed” estrogen. It uniformly increased libido, slightly decreased estrogen, and also converted to a less androgenic testosterone analogue (4-hydroxytestosterone). The latter has been described as an incredibly effective steroidal SARM.
My labs would disagree with you.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In addition to being banned, there is something on the raw material side that never really gets/got talked about much. But getting Formestane raw materials that would test out at even over 90% are/were difficult to find. Back when CEL made a topical Formestane, we were out of stock a lot and people complained about it, but what was really going on was that we tested every batch of raw materials of it and would rather be out of stock than use raws that didn't test out. It wasn't uncommon to see Formestane raw materials test out as low as in the 60% range.

The average feedback was it increasing libido like crazy; so for the people that say nowadays how they have tried some and it decreased their libido, the question really is were they really using high grade Formestane or what else was in with it. Formestane was not an ingredient you could trust a supplier COA on; every batch should be tested.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In addition to being banned, there is something on the raw material side that never really gets/got talked about much. But getting Formestane raw materials that would test out at even over 90% are/were difficult to find. Back when CEL made a topical Formestane, we were out of stock a lot and people complained about it, but what was really going on was that we tested every batch of raw materials of it and would rather be out of stock than use raws that didn't test out. It wasn't uncommon to see Formestane raw materials test out as low as in the 60% range.

The average feedback was it increasing libido like crazy; so for the people that say nowadays how they have tried some and it decreased their libido, the question really is were they really using high grade Formestane or what else was in with it. Formestane was not an ingredient you could trust a supplier COA on; every batch should be tested.
Good to know. It is easy to find and have shipped, but I haven't pulled the trigger because I haven't trusted them.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Would oral formestane just be a waste of time?
Yes, it would be a waste of time because of the oral bioavailability being so low.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you crush E2 on oral or transdermal formestane?
It was transdermal. I tried oral versions from a couple of different vendors and never saw much from a physical standpoint and my TRT lab work never showed an effect on e2. Trandermal worked very well.

Reactions: UNX
brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Truth
When BLR started and we had Formeron, Acnedren and Prolactrone only I was basically getting raws from wherever I could and I can attest to formestane being exceptionally difficult.
Once I found my current supplier things were smooth but I would say that at the present time any formestane out there would be terrible.
Part of the reason we havnt released formestane in the UK is the cost and trouble of manufacturing it overseas. Basically it has to be made in china and shipped to the UK. Im sure you can imagine trying to get that done right now.
At some point I will revisit it but for now its not gonna happen.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would oral formestane just be a waste of time?
I disagree with the others here. Formestanes oral bioavailability is lowish. But transdermal administration also has lowish bioavailability. I think they are about equipotent. The difference is the transdermal seems to stick around longer and I also think that it passing through the skin creates more conversion to 4ht.
Theory of course.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I disagree with the others here. Formestanes oral bioavailability is lowish. But transdermal administration also has lowish bioavailability. I think they are about equipotent. The difference is the transdermal seems to stick around longer and I also think that it passing through the skin creates more conversion to 4ht.
Theory of course.
Any chance, Formeron will ever come back Brundel?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly Its unlikely. The issue being Formestane is illegal and well there are not any topical AIs that convert to steroids that I am aware of. I do keep my eyes and ears open and always continue to look at options.
I do have one compound I have been looking at but I have yet to test it.
You never know.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Honestly Its unlikely. The issue being Formestane is illegal and well there are not any topical AIs that convert to steroids that I am aware of. I do keep my eyes and ears open and always continue to look at options.
I do have one compound I have been looking at but I have yet to test it.
You never know.
I thought maybe for the UK..

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
if you haven't tried sustain alpha, I would highly recommend. the 7,8 benzoflavon is an awesome AI in td form!

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Formeron - I still one full bottle aging like fine wine.

Ironsaint

Ironsaint

Awards
What is the shelf life of Formeron. I mean does it go bad? Lose it's effectiveness over time? I found one unused bottle in my stash.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
What is the shelf life of Formeron. I mean does it go bad? Lose it's effectiveness over time? I found one unused bottle in my stash.
I broke out an open bottle recently which prompted me to restart this thread. It’s still super potent - maybe even better lol? Still a nice clear stream coming out of the pump. Very effective after one week of use at only 2 pumps.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would think the carrier would be the only concern. As long as it doesn't dry out, etc .... It should be fine.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dang! Last formestane I used was by CEL in uhhh 2011? I think lol
I miss CEL Formestane myself. If I could pick any of the old days products I wish I still had some of, that would be one of them.

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I miss CEL Formestane myself. If I could pick any of the old days products I wish I still had some of, that would be one of them.
Same honestly that, M-drol, and p-plex would be my ideal shopping list lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would think the carrier would be the only concern. As long as it doesn't dry out, etc .... It should be fine.
Drying out would definitely be a factor.

But also, we were one of the first companies to do a td Formestane back in 2007'ish and I remember that the raw material itself was one that you did have to worry about the potency going down on over time so I do think that with age a reduction in potency would be to be expected with any Formestane product.

I'm not speaking for any other companies here, just my personal experience with the ingredient itself. I just wouldn't want someone to buy one from any company and have it not work or not work to their expectations and then think negatively of the company because of it bc its just one of those ingredients that can become significantly less potent over time.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Drying out would definitely be a factor.

But also, we were one of the first companies to do a td Formestane back in 2007'ish and I remember that the raw material itself was one that you did have to worry about the potency going down on over time so I do think that with age a reduction in potency would be to be expected with any Formestane product.

I'm not speaking for any other companies here, just my personal experience with the ingredient itself. I just wouldn't want someone to buy one from any company and have it not work or not work to their expectations and then think negatively of the company because of it bc its just one of those ingredients that can become significantly less potent over time.
Ok, thanks for the info.
That was one of my favorite products back in the day, and sadly it may be gone for good now.
:-(