Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it the same as getting toned. ?

Thought no such thing just weight loss and no spot weight reduction

AmateurStrong

AmateurStrong

Awards
Means going through a period of dieting where you try to lose more body fat than muscle mass over a given period of time

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Toned... was a buzzword that never had a purpose.

You have getting lean(er), getting hard(er),and getting big(ger) the way I was taught, people who talk about tone are beginners. There is not muscle tone, there is muscle maturity, there is hardness, and there is bodyfat percentage.

Leaning out would be losing body fat, i.e. getting leaner.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Toned... was a buzzword that never had a purpose.

You have getting lean(er), getting hard(er),and getting big(ger) the way I was taught, people who talk about tone are beginners. There is not muscle tone, there is muscle maturity, there is hardness, and there is bodyfat percentage.

Leaning out would be losing body fat, i.e. getting leaner.
Haha, i was waiting for someone to say basically the above, leaning our is a American phrase.. you would not hear that phrase in any proper fitness text books.. was little confused why its used alot in this community

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Leaning out is a term only fat people use, like me.
I'm in the process of leaning out for 3 years now. Judging by my progress, it will take another 35 years until I'm done.
:)

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Haha, i was waiting for someone to say basically the above, leaning our is a American phrase.. you would not hear that phrase in any proper fitness text books.. was little confused why its used alot in this community
Yes it’s an American colloquialism. It just describes, often unintentional, fat loss. “I gained a bit of weight but also leaned out a bit.”

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Basically like staying swelt but but a little less beefy

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm in the process of leaning out for 3 years now. Judging by my progress, it will take another 35 years until I'm done.
That’s me*♀

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

You'll look like a beachboy before 2020