Unanswered What do you think is the most under rated ingredient/supplement?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Use TMG instead of SAMe - it is dirt cheap and converts to SAMe
thank you, I will be picking some to try!!!

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting, I might try this, how much do you take?
600-900mg a day i take.

I just use the powder and i have a small scale.. Weigh it out and just knock it back with some water.. I use mostly powders now. Purely for cost. Pills are far more convenient though but i am a scrooge

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On this forum I’d say NAC. Agmatine as well, I know people here like it for pumps but it’s great for so much more than that
I use NAC daily also The powder form tastes like battery acid though but i don't care about taste if it is beneficial!

Agmatine is banned in the UK. Unreal I think it can potentiate alot of other drugs/medications so our Government pulled it from the market.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
600-900mg a day i take.

I just use the powder and i have a small scale.. Weigh it out and just knock it back with some water.. I use mostly powders now. Purely for cost. Pills are far more convenient though but i am a scrooge
Cool, I got 500mg caps, maybe start with 1 and then up to 2? Thanks

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use NAC daily also The powder form tastes like battery acid though but i don't care about taste if it is beneficial!

Agmatine is banned in the UK. Unreal I think it can potentiate alot of other drugs/medications so our Government pulled it from the market.
How much NAC do you take daily?

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How much NAC do you take daily?
Also a word of advice if you drink, NAC a couple hours BEFORE drinking helps me a lot with the hangover and helps alleviate some of the negative effects of alcohol. It’s a bad idea to take it after you start drinking though

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also a word of advice if you drink, NAC a couple hours BEFORE drinking helps me a lot with the hangover and helps alleviate some of the negative effects of alcohol. It’s a bad idea to take it after you start drinking though
Good advice. I take 1.2g a day. I don’t really drink much but I’ll remember that if I do. I also take 250mg of tudca daily just because my liver enzymes are always a little out of range. AST was 45, ALT was 60.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Cissus quadrangularis for joints and fat management. Inhibits some component of fat absorption. Available dirt cheap
THis is def an often overlooked one... everything of cissus as joint health only but it has a ton of other benefits including test boost and, as mentioned, fat gain inhibition

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For me, #1 is agamatine... gda/pumps/general health/etc... dirt cheap and all-day effects. Its one of very few "staples" I actually take year round

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For me, #1 is agamatine... gda/pumps/general health/etc... dirt cheap and all-day effects. Its one of very few "staples" I actually take year round
I used to take in the morning but stopped for some reason, how much do you take?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I used to take in the morning but stopped for some reason, how much do you take?
I take 500mg with each meal and depending when I workout/what pre I might take 500-1000mg pre workout. Mostly I just dose with each of my two evening meals though so 1-2g/day

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd like to add red spinach extract in the mix. It has a whole host of benefits. And it tastes good too.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If anything, cissus is way overrated for joints. It only appears to be palliative. Test boost is inconsequential, and the fat inhibition hasn’t been shown to translate to body comp. I’d love to see fracture healing data in humans.

Under-rated would be boswellia and pycnogenol. They have more promise than any other joint ingredients.

I wouldnt take NAC unless I was getting a cold or had reason to believe I was experiencing liver assault. I would definitely avoid it otherwise. NAC may prevent muscle gains and recovery

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Maybe glycerol.. I feel it gives me great pump and vascularity whenever it take it but don't here a ton of people talk about it specifically.
Because the pumps are from extracellular fluid retention. Great for hydration and endurance sports.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If anything, cissus is way overrated for joints. It only appears to be palliative. Test boost is inconsequential, and the fat inhibition hasn’t been shown to translate to body comp. I’d love to see fracture healing data in humans.

Under-rated would be boswellia and pycnogenol. They have more promise than any other joint ingredients.

I wouldnt take NAC unless I was getting a cold or had reason to believe I was experiencing liver assault. I would definitely avoid it otherwise. NAC may prevent muscle gains and recovery
Interesting, thank you. I love it for mental health/nootropic reasons but this is certainly concerning and something I am definitely going to look further into. I take it first thing in the morning, fast all day, workout at night then have my two hour eating window so I didn’t think it would be a concern but this definitely seems to suggest otherwise

Edit- NAC is what I’m referring to

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Vanadyl Sulfate. The stuff is like oral humalog. Could hurt yourself with it if you aren’t careful.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting, thank you. I love it for mental health/nootropic reasons but this is certainly concerning and something I am definitely going to look further into. I take it first thing in the morning, fast all day, workout at night then have my two hour eating window so I didn’t think it would be a concern but this definitely seems to suggest otherwise

Edit- NAC is what I’m referring to
Do you get a nootropic feel from NAC? What dose you doing? I have powdered form.. Ever tried it? Oh man it tastes like battery acid mixed with vinegar But.. I just throw that stuff back.

I use NAC 3-4 times a week. Be interesting to see how much you dose for nootropic effects

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you get a nootropic feel from NAC? What dose you doing? I have powdered form.. Ever tried it? Oh man it tastes like battery acid mixed with vinegar But.. I just throw that stuff back.

I use NAC 3-4 times a week. Be interesting to see how much you dose for nootropic effects
Usually do 1-1.5g agmatine and 1 600mg NAC sustain first thing AM, with another NAC sustain dosed a couple hours later. I work a sales job, I find this stack to keep me much more social and motivated throughout the day, especially since I dropped my daily stim habits. Now that I’m adapted and have made a few other lifestyle changes it’s probably not something I need any more.

It used to help me a lot with anxiety as well, but I found that cutting marijuana out of my life actually completely cured both my anxiety and depression, go figure.

Edit- never tried powdered though, fortunately I read into ahead of time haha. I will say powdered agmatine isn’t exactly pleasant either though but I buy most supplements bulk and do go out of my way to avoid artificial sweeteners

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you take this once or twice a day?
Take it about 15 to 30 minutes prior to a carb meal. I carb backload, so once a day, before my carb heavy meal.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What ingredient do you think is floating around the market but doesn't get as much appreciation as some of the other '' Ingredients '' that are a little too pushed.

For me it's.......

Berberine

I recently had some issues with Candida (Bacterial Overgrowth... Stomach issues)
After being tested and found this is what was causing my stomach issues i started to look into clearing it up. The Doctor recommended. Antibiotics? Hell no.. That's what caused my issue to begin with. So i searched for more '' Natural '' ways and in the past i had only ever really used Berberine as part of all the classic GDA supplements. Just as it was very good at controlling blood glucose levels. At the time i purely thought it was all just for blood sugar benefits. After seeing it also helped clear out Bacterial infections i became intrigued and started to really look into Berberine and what it offers.

Blood Glucose Control (Studies show it is on par with Pharmaceutical drugs ie Metformin)

Activates AMPK which in turn can speed up our Metabolism. I'm sure we have seen AMPK mentioned in a few supplements these days?

Helps fight bacterial infections (Which is the reason i added this to my daily regimen.. I had zero clue Berberine at the time could even be linked to improving your gut) it has been shown in study's to reduce bad bacteria and increase the good one's. The gut microbiome has recently been the forefront of attention and just shows how important a healthy gut can be a huge impact on your overall health. The gut can affect your energy levels.. Your mood (Serotonin levels)' Improves your immune system and just as important.... Helps with digestion and gaining as much benefit from good food as possible.

Lowers LDL and raises HDL levels. I don't think the improvement is hugely significant but it still has a small impact on these levels and every little counts.

Stimulates Nitric Oxide production. This in turn can help with blood pressure ' Increases blood flow and can help with atherosclerosis (Certain their is a good study on this?)

Reduces fatty liver... Has been shown to reduce build up of fat in the liver.

Powerful anti oxidant + Anti inflammatory.

Im sure it has more benefits also but these are pretty significant for one ingredient.

I just wanted to add this as i know Berberine is mentioned quite alot but just never felt it got the appreciation it deserved. Such a powerful ingredient for your overall health.

Also if you buy it in bulk powder form it can last ages but also it isn't very expensive. (I started with capped Berberine then found bulk powder form and i got this as you get FAR more for less £££)

Anyone else think of an ingredient that should be incorporated into your life based on how many benefits it has? I'm sure their are loads. I just feel like some supplements these days can be overly pushed and advertised too much but they just don't have as much research and benefits behind them.

Be interesting to see what people think

Thanks!
Just read that berberine inhibits mTOR. So if our meal is to trigger mTOR, should not actually be taking berberine a few hours after out last meal, and before bed?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just read that berberine inhibits mTOR. So if our meal is to trigger mTOR, should not actually be taking berberine a few hours after out last meal, and before bed?
Solved my own issue. Take berberine before meal. Then a couple hours after meal consume leucine to trigger mTOR. The aminos from your meal will still be in your body, and with mTOR reactivation, they will be able to be used for growth.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Would have never considered half of these, hadn't heard of the other half. This is why i love AM, i get so much knowledge from the community. Thanks all