What do you cruise at for TRT?

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
My TRT clinic dialed me down to 160mg test cyp EW. I'm jacking it back up to 200 (where they started me at). My recovery at 200 was nuts... It's still really good at 160 but I want the extra size and libido.

Side note: I'm looking try add 4-6iu GH ED to further lean out, add muscle and for the anti-aging benefits. 👊

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, make sure you get your timing right,
if/when they require blood work….Or they’ll knock ya down even lower than 160

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My TRT clinic dialed me down to 160mg test cyp EW. I'm jacking it back up to 200 (where they started me at). My recovery at 200 was nuts... It's still really good at 160 but I want the extra size and libido.

Side note: I'm looking try add 4-6iu GH ED to further lean out, add muscle and for the anti-aging benefits. 👊
Here's the problem, does 200 keep you in the "normal range" because if not then it's not trt. It's a really low dose cycle. Mine is 150mg, I often bump it up to 250-300 because I like it there but it's no longer trt.

Currently I'm on 120 while experimenting with some sarms on a cut, so I kinda lowered it on purpose to see what the sarms are doing

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And that's another good point. If they lowered you then it's because your numbers were too high, so now your on 160, if you go back in for blood work and it shows your numbers are too high again they're going to drop it even lower and before you know what you're going to be getting prescribed 100 mg a week. Just a heads up. When your 2-3 weeks out from your next bloods you should completely stop pinning, then when you go back you will be lower in the range.

The higher you bump your dose up to the longer you need to wait. I see a lot of guys run a cycle at 600 and when they're cycle ends they immediately drop back down to say 150, well it's going to be like 3 months before your bloods show 150, but if they stopped pinning they would be in range in about 4 weeks

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just wait a few days longer to draw blood next time, when my Test level came back @1800 my Dr told me “wait a few extra days before you draw blood next time so we can keep you at the same dose”.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is your current dose ?
What are your Test Levels ?

This question is for anyone who will answer.

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exact same boat.. I'm on doc prescribed 160mg/week, but I usually prefer to be at 200mg. I have bloodwork exactly 4 weeks from today, so as of today I'm back to 160mg and will probably skip my last dose before bloodwork.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely. I do get regular blood work. Timing is key.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Here's the problem, does 200 keep you in the "normal range" because if not then it's not trt. It's a really low dose cycle. Mine is 150mg, I often bump it up to 250-300 because I like it there but it's no longer trt.

Currently I'm on 120 while experimenting with some sarms on a cut, so I kinda lowered it on purpose to see what the sarms are doing
200 led to high free and bioavailable test so that's why the dropped me to 160. I agree though that's it's no longer TRT when I raise the dose.

If I'm at 200, how much time should I be at 160 before the next blood draw so I don't jack up the results?

Cheers,

PP

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What is your current dose ?
What are your Test Levels ?

This question is for anyone who will answer.
Idk what my current dose of 120 has me at but 150 puts me in the high 900's.and estrogen mid range

At the same time, my buddy who is a little overweight, 150 puts him in the 600's and his estrogen out of range so doc prescribed him a ai. I had him swap the ai to exemestane while he started his diet and after he loses 20lbs he's gonna check again . Then we go na try to get him to drop the ai while loosing another 20.

The point im getting at is the numbers are not always directly reflective of your dose, age, bodyfat, lifestyle and genetics play a role.

But from everything I've seen, 120-150mg should have the majority of ppl in the upper range of day 650-1000.

Just my observations

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
200 led to high free and bioavailable test so that's why the dropped me to 160. I agree though that's it's no longer TRT when I raise the dose.

If I'm at 200, how much time should I be at 160 before the next blood draw so I don't jack up the results?

Cheers,

PP
If your on 200 just stop pinning like 10 days before your bloodwork and that should cut your total test in half.
So say 200 has you at 1500, 10 days later it should be around 750

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Idk what my current dose of 120 has me at but 150 puts me in the high 900's.and estrogen mid range

At the same time, my buddy who is a little overweight, 150 puts him in the 600's and his estrogen out of range so doc prescribed him a ai. I had him swap the ai to exemestane while he started his diet and after he loses 20lbs he's gonna check again . Then we go na try to get him to drop the ai while loosing another 20.

The point im getting at is the numbers are not always directly reflective of your dose, age, bodyfat, lifestyle and genetics play a role.

But from everything I've seen, 120-150mg should have the majority of ppl in the upper range of day 650-1000.

Just my observations
200 put me over 1,500 total, 33.1 free and 863 bioavailable. I felt just fine. The clinic bumped me down to 160 and I have yet to be retested but they do huge panels 2x yearly ($300 my cost).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
200 put me over 1,500 total, 33.1 free and 863 bioavailable. I felt just fine. The clinic bumped me down to 160 and I have yet to be retested but they do huge panels 2x yearly ($300 my cost).
Feeling fine dosent mean anything lol. Honest to God, I feel exactly the same on 150 as I do on 750. The more time you spend out of range the higher the risk.

Now with that said, I don't personally feel there is much risk running 200-300 year round if my bloodwork looks good and only thing out of range is testosterone.

But in the big scheme of things, your Dr. Did the right thing. Something I used to do before I had options to buy a bunch of gear was find my lowest effective dose "100mg" and run that for 3 months, then bump to 300 for 2 months with the excess I saved. I would do that a few times a year.

Now I normally cruise on 150 and bump to 300 when I wanna cycle and add something to it like masteron

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Feeling fine dosent mean anything lol. Honest to God, I feel exactly the same on 150 as I do on 750. The more time you spend out of range the higher the risk.

Now with that said, I don't personally feel there is much risk running 200-300 year round if my bloodwork looks good and only thing out of range is testosterone.

But in the big scheme of things, your Dr. Did the right thing. Something I used to do before I had options to buy a bunch of gear was find my lowest effective dose "100mg" and run that for 3 months, then bump to 300 for 2 months with the excess I saved. I would do that a few times a year.

Now I normally cruise on 150 and bump to 300 when I wanna cycle and add something to it like masteron
Agreed, the clinician did the right thing. In all honesty, I'll bump my dose back down to the prescribed level in the near future. I'm really on TRT for anti-aging purposes. I'm in my 40s and still want to look and feel great vs. get really jacked and strong.

I appreciate your dialogue, Smont. 👍

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I toyed with the idea of going HGH only for 6-9 mo just to see if I noticed a difference. This was after I stopped TRT a while back (to regain fertility). Maybe 3IU/Day just to see if I had faster recovery, felt better overall, and slept better ... that was the goal (and if I got stronger and leaner, thats an added bonus).

Have you trued HG in the past? Results?
I have not tried GH... It's a sourcing issue. I could go pharma (Rx) but it's very expensive and I'd like to think there's a quality source out there with inventory. The hunt begins!

I would probably run 4-5iu ED along with my TRT protocol. 😁

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I toyed with the idea of going HGH only for 6-9 mo just to see if I noticed a difference. This was after I stopped TRT a while back (to regain fertility). Maybe 3IU/Day just to see if I had faster recovery, felt better overall, and slept better ... that was the goal (and if I got stronger and leaner, thats an added bonus).

Have you trued HG in the past? Results?
HGH only is a massive disappointment, a very expensive massive disappointment

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
HGH at pretty much any dose in the absence of anabolics is going to have anti-aging benefits and fat burning benefits but it's not going to do anything for strength or muscle growth, and if you were on trt and came off you're going to have low testosterone at that time and it's going to be an even bigger disappointment other than the fact you'll probably get some increased recovery but it's still going to be less recovery than if you had optimal testosterone levels. You be spending a lot of money for very little benefit. Even while on trt two to three I use of GH is not going to do a ton for you. On an actual cycle with four to six I use of GH you're going to notice a massive difference if you're a responder to GH. Now normally I don't talk about things that I haven't tried myself and I have not really used pharmaceutical grade HGH in these scenarios, but I have multiple friends family members and just people I know from the gym in general that would all agree with everything I've said above and they've all done these things

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I used talk to text feature for that entire thing so I apologize for lack of punctuation and any weird words that got thrown in LOL

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Exact same boat.. I'm on doc prescribed 160mg/week, but I usually prefer to be at 200mg. I have bloodwork exactly 4 weeks from today, so as of today I'm back to 160mg and will probably skip my last dose before bloodwork.
That's what I do for blood work !