What’s your mattress

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My mattress at home is a fairly soft one. When I went on vacation 3-4 weeks ago, nearly every bed I slept on was a firmer mattress, and I don’t think my lower back has felt better. I knew I’d get home and my bed would ruin my back. I am a side sleeper, but I’ve guess I’ve heard and read contradicting things about what gets a side sleeper better sleep.

I don’t deadlift as much because I feel my back is almost always in a slight ache or it just feels vulnerable.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
We need a new mattress badly. I woke up with a pinched nerve the other day and it was some of the worst pain I have ever felt. It's still messed up now and I bet it has a lot to do with the mattress.

I sleep on my stomach mostly so I should probably have a firmer one. I always like hotel mattresses, and I think they are usually a medium plush type.

I like a medium mattress and she likes a soft one. My biggest issue is almost all we can find is memory foam and neither of us like them. We want to buy a <$500 one for now, because we will upgrade to a king in a few months.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I sleep on the side like you and I really need a firm mattress otherwise i get fooked up. The only time I tried softer ones was with girls I was seeing and each time it completely ****ed my back. One time it felt so bad I went on the living room to sleep on the carpet.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We need a new mattress badly. I woke up with a pinched nerve the other day and it was some of the worst pain I have ever felt. It's still messed up now and I bet it has a lot to do with the mattress.

I sleep on my stomach mostly so I should probably have a firmer one. I always like hotel mattresses, and I think they are usually a medium plush type.

I like a medium mattress and she likes a soft one. My biggest issue is almost all we can find is memory foam and neither of us like them. We want to buy a <$500 one for now, because we will upgrade to a king in a few months.
Wow I hope I never pinch a nerve, how can you tell you pinched a nerve?

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I sleep on the side like you and I really need a firm mattress otherwise i get fooked up. The only time I tried softer ones was with girls I was seeing and each time it completely ****ed my back. One time it felt so bad I went on the living room to sleep on the carpet.

I think it’s weird, you would think sleeping on your side, a soft mattress would help you, because your shoulders and hips, would sink until your back is straight, but not the case.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think it’s weird, you would think sleeping on your side, a soft mattress would help you, because your shoulders and hips, would sink until your back is straight, but not the case.
for me i think it’s mostly a habit... because as you say it shouldn’t work that way... I dunno a very firm mattress keeps my back in place while a soft one gets me in a weird position and I get back pain immediately

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wow I hope I never pinch a nerve, how can you tell you pinched a nerve?
I woke up and couldn't move my head side to side, or move my arms to far upwards. I couldn't lay back down or get up completely without extreme pain. Anytime I'd move my neck too far, there would be an intense pulling pain in my upper back.

Definitely one of the worst pains I've ever felt and it came out of nowhere lol

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Firm anti-microbial rubber. cost a bundle. should last me a lifetime

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have a semi firm cushion top from Stearns and foster. I like it, but when it’s time for a new one in a few more years, I’m probably gonna she’ll out for a tempur pedic

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Plush memory foam with memory gel pillow top. I'm going to invest in a PURPLE mattress this year though.