What’s the best belt for squats/deads?

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I currently have a cheap belt that doesn’t offer much support. What is the best belt for more of powerlifting style programs?

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I currently have a cheap belt that doesn’t offer much support. What is the best belt for more of powerlifting style programs?
Any 4 inch leather belt will be fine.
If you plan to compete get a single hook, no ratchet.

Supremeone

Supremeone

Awards
I bought this RDX Belt $30 shipped on wish app I'm sure they are on ebay also right now ebay has 15% off and wish always has percentages off. The belt is strong supportive durable and comfortable!
20181121_151153.jpg

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ive always liked my inzer lever belt. Lost it and bought another one

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just ordered an inzer 10mm single prong. Thanks for the replies

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sounds like you made a good choice. A proper belt should last you forever barring catastrophe haha

My Best Belt has lasted forever and was worth the money.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My inzer belt arrived today. Is the best way to break it in to just roll it and use it? Had to have my wife get me out of it after trying it on haha

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My inzer belt arrived today. Is the best way to break it in to just roll it and use it? Had to have my wife get me out of it after trying it on haha
Condition the leather. Then it’s blood sweat and tears. Repeat.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mink oil, bickmore leather conditioner, etc. There are numerous quality products

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Roll it up tight and use it like a foam roller...that will work it pretty fast

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Used it today and it wasn’t bad, I just saw all these dudes crying that it hurt their ribs. Probably same dudes that tan and get their nails done

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Used it today and it wasn’t bad, I just saw all these dudes crying that it hurt their ribs. Probably same dudes that tan and get their nails done
Shhhh, be quiet or they will smack you with their purse!

Rich Bert

Awards
Cardillo definitely one of the better ones on the market.

AmateurStrong

AmateurStrong

Awards
13mm EliteFTS belt or Pioneer.
can't go wrong.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
13 mm is good.

The best one that fits you good. Ive tried quite a few nd ive got one thats simple and works great for me. Its leather, strng, not too thick, thick enough, and gets the job done

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've had a few over the years that were all such pieces of **** I never remembered the brands. Asses always trying to pass bonded leather off as full grain. Or they say it's 13mm thick and its 11mm.

SO... Instead I just didn't use one. Maybe I'll change that. Some of these suggestions look good.

extramedium

Awards
Bump...I'm still a newbie, but my squat is going up in weight (yay!) and my lower back is saying I need a belt soon. How do I know how to pick the right size? I see 6 mm, 7mm, 10mm, etc? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I am unfortunately not able to find a store to try one on...i'm limited to online shopping. Thanks!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bump...I'm still a newbie, but my squat is going up in weight (yay!) and my lower back is saying I need a belt soon. How do I know how to pick the right size? I see 6 mm, 7mm, 10mm, etc? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I am unfortunately not able to find a store to try one on...i'm limited to online shopping. Thanks!
you know what they say, the wizard picks the wand!

which do you like by the looks of them in thinking with your goals for said belt?

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Attachments

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like my Rogue 13mm powerlifting belt. It’s expensive but I really like the feel of it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10mm if you plan to do plenty of rowing or deadlifts as well. The best do-it-all power belt size.

13mm is maximum squat support l, but it will get in the way the most for things bent over.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
54 yr old powerlifter here. Best belt is no belt. Work on better and better bracing and let your core turn to iron.

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
54 yr old powerlifter here. Best belt is no belt. Work on better and better bracing and let your core turn to iron.
Well most organizations allow using a belt in competition. I agree it's better to train without for certain movements. But not everyone here is training like a powerlifter

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not if you want to lift the most weight possible. You absolutely want to build an iron core, but you will still lift the greatest weights if you can learn to use the belt. Using a belt is a skill; it doesn’t have to be used as a crutch.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m not that strong, like many of you, but I love the support from my 13mm Inzer Forever Lever Belt. It’s so tight my guts are spilling over it, but man oh man is that support nice for this 52 yr old spine. Haven’t had a bad back tweak since owning it, and used to have them pretty regularly if reasonably heavy and near maximal force.