What’s Missing That Would Make Bodybuilding A Mainstream Sport? 💪

Prince

Prince

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
WHAT’S MISSING THAT WOULD MAKE BODYBUILDING A MAINSTREAM SPORT?

Wouldn’t it be nice to turn on the television on a Friday and Saturday night and be able to watch a bodybuilding show? Instead, we are left to pay for a plane ticket, hotel, transportation, and ticket to go see a show in person. If you’re into that kind of thing, cool. But for those of us who have a family, it’s impossible to make frequent trips to bodybuilding shows. What we are left with are crappy livestream productions that have the clarity and crispness of beer goggles, all while paying more than a damn UFC Pay-Per-View – it’s insane!

👉 https://www.ironmaglabs.com/2021/whats-missing-that-would-make-bodybuilding-a-mainstream-sport/

Attachments

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mass Appeal... that is what it is missing.

Well that, and actually being a sport. It's a competition, and it is a lifestyle, but it isn't a sport so much as a pageant. Not taking anything away from the competitors, I have competed and the work it takes to prepare for a show is ridiculously challenging. The overall process was also very rewarding, and I love the lifestyle. I just don't see it as a sport and can understand why it is not popular to the general population. We are a niche group, and IMHO bodybuilding will always be a niche competition.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
excitement. You can dislike hockey but find a certain move / play amazing. Same goes for every sport. Bodybuilding is limited to people who understand the sport and love training. It will never be popular.