Welcome To Anabolic Minds! Introduction Thread!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Welcome @GertrudePortil - I hope you enjoy your stay !

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Greeting Mr. Helix !

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Welcome! Enjoy you stay !

Hvactech2.0

Hvactech2.0

Awards
Hello! I use to be very active on here for about 4 years under the name Hvactech.. I quit bodybuilding cold turkey 6 years ago and haven't touched weights or dieted in those last 6 years.. I'm trying to find new motivation to change my health around after years of alcohol and trash food... I'm excited to re learn everything I've forgotten..

Attachments

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hello! I use to be very active on here for about 4 years under the name Hvactech.. I quit bodybuilding cold turkey 6 years ago and haven't touched weights or dieted in those last 6 years.. I'm trying to find new motivation to change my health around after years of alcohol and trash food... I'm excited to re learn everything I've forgotten..
Welcome back!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Welcome back, muscle memory is a great thing, if you can get your mind back on track I believe your body will follow quickly !!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Welcome back man! Just stick to the basics that you are familiar with, get the diet down and keep progressing in the gym. You start dropping weight quickly. Also, how old are you? Don’t know if you’ve cycled in the past or how you’re feeling now, but you may want to get some blood work also. We’re here to help you.

Hvactech2.0

Hvactech2.0

Awards
Welcome back man! Just stick to the basics that you are familiar with, get the diet down and keep progressing in the gym. You start dropping weight quickly. Also, how old are you? Don’t know if you’ve cycled in the past or how you’re feeling now, but you may want to get some blood work also. We’re here to help you.
Thanks buddy... I'm 41, 5'6, 190lbs, probably 25-30%... today was the actual 1rst day in the gym and the start to my meal plan. I've ran Mechabol with stanodrol for 6 weeks.. I ran oral tren with stanodrol for 8 weeks.. I also ran ostarine with 11kt for 12 weeks when it first became popular... I react very well to anabolics, but have not tried injectables... I have lab work scheduled in Jan

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Even if your labs show low test/high estrogen in January, those will still improve some as more body fat comes off. You will be a different hormonal entity at 15% bodyfat vs now at 30.

Get the diet clean, get lifting, start doing intermittent fasting/restricting your eating windows (something like a 16/8 hour plan makes it very easy to get 3 solid meals in while keeping you in fat burning/ low insulin environment longer) to get that bodyfat off & weight down. One day per week, consider fast completely. This will really help restore insulin sensitivity while accelerating fat loss.

Really good to see you back man

Hvactech2.0

Hvactech2.0

Awards
Even if your labs show low test/high estrogen in January, those will still improve some as more body fat comes off. You will be a different hormonal entity at 15% bodyfat vs now at 30.

Get the diet clean, get lifting, start doing intermittent fasting/restricting your eating windows (something like a 16/8 hour plan makes it very easy to get 3 solid meals in while keeping you in fat burning/ low insulin environment longer) to get that bodyfat off & weight down. One day per week, consider fast completely. This will really help restore insulin sensitivity while accelerating fat loss.

Really good to see you back man
I use IF everyday with carb backloading... I 24hr fast from Sunday evening till Monday evening... my diet is 100% spot on right now with what I'm trying to accomplish... thanks for replying big guy...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use IF everyday with carb backloading... I 24hr fast from Sunday evening till Monday evening... my diet is 100% spot on right now with what I'm trying to accomplish... thanks for replying big guy...
Really happy to hear that; you’re on the path and you sound like you have a great understanding of what needs to happen to get where you want to go.

Now it’s time to just start climbing, one step after the next!

“Nobody said it would be easy - they only said it would be worth it.”

JulieLittle

JulieLittle

Awards
I am impressed by your consciousness about what you want and have to do for it.👏

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Localaxis

Localaxis

Awards
Hello everyone,
My name is Josh and I am excited to finally join this forum. I have been a long-time lurker and have enjoyed reading all of the discussions and comments. I've always wanted to join in on the conversations and be a part of this community, so I finally decided to register.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Welcome @Localaxis Enjoy your stay !!

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hello Gentlemen, and Ladies...
I just Registered today..
A long time member of another Forum..and Vet to the Game...
I have some Medical issues, that have knocked me out-of-the box..
I may Never return to the Game..
But, perhaps I can give back...knowledge that was given freely to Me..
I hope I can contribute and help, especially new guys that often want to jump in full-speed..
And add some dark humor along the Way..
Life is way too short..to take so seriously..
And, without a few Miracles, mine is winding down..
So..thanks for having Me..
And I hope to make a few friends, get a laugh or two and learn something New as well..
Again..Thanks for having Me..

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Welcome @PhantomReaper I am looking forward to your wisdom !!

Steuss

Steuss

Awards
Trying (hoping) to get back into the mix of things, and figured since it’s been so daggnabit long since I’ve been on any forums, the likelihood of anyone knowing me (or even remembering me) is slim to none.

To give an idea of how long it’s been… I’ve been out of the game since shortly after PHF went defunk (I was a mod/admin there). Went by Dr. Steuss. Figure with how long I’ve been out of the game, and how far gone my knowledge base and cognitive abilities are, the faux honorary should be dropped.

Some background of where I’m at right now. I haven’t been inside a gym in probably 4 years. I have degenerative disc disease, stenosis (central and foraminal) at multiple lumbar levels, had a discectomy a few years back, but not before permanent nerve damage was done. Spinal fusion(s) on the horizon, but trying to hold off as long as possible. Epidurals, facet injections, NSAIDs, opioids, etc. In a Hail Mary phase of trying to be able to function and mitigate pain, I figure getting back into the gym might be helpful.

Nothing “planned” yet, but figured I’d kind of dip my toe back into the waters of a forum, and maybe have some form of support/accountability, as well as pick the brains of people more knowledgeable than I. Honestly, pretty nervous, and not entirely sure where to start.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Trying (hoping) to get back into the mix of things, and figured since it’s been so daggnabit long since I’ve been on any forums, the likelihood of anyone knowing me (or even remembering me) is slim to none.

To give an idea of how long it’s been… I’ve been out of the game since shortly after PHF went defunk (I was a mod/admin there). Went by Dr. Steuss. Figure with how long I’ve been out of the game, and how far gone my knowledge base and cognitive abilities are, the faux honorary should be dropped.

Some background of where I’m at right now. I haven’t been inside a gym in probably 4 years. I have degenerative disc disease, stenosis (central and foraminal) at multiple lumbar levels, had a discectomy a few years back, but not before permanent nerve damage was done. Spinal fusion(s) on the horizon, but trying to hold off as long as possible. Epidurals, facet injections, NSAIDs, opioids, etc. In a Hail Mary phase of trying to be able to function and mitigate pain, I figure getting back into the gym might be helpful.

Nothing “planned” yet, but figured I’d kind of dip my toe back into the waters of a forum, and maybe have some form of support/accountability, as well as pick the brains of people more knowledgeable than I. Honestly, pretty nervous, and not entirely sure where to start.
Welcome!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

If you’ve never read Back Mechanic by Dr. Stuart McGill, it’s worth every penny. Walks you through how to properly diagnose your pain triggers & offers some practical solutions on implementing strategies to move better, avoid triggers, and strengthen the muscles necessary to stabilize.

It’s not going to undo your spinal trauma, but it can help you from being your own worst enemy and create a plan to get moving some & live with less pain.

Steuss

Steuss

Awards
If you’ve never read Back Mechanic by Dr. Stuart McGill, it’s worth every penny. Walks you through how to properly diagnose your pain triggers & offers some practical solutions on implementing strategies to move better, avoid triggers, and strengthen the muscles necessary to stabilize.

It’s not going to undo your spinal trauma, but it can help you from being your own worst enemy and create a plan to get moving some & live with less pain.
Appreciate the suggestion. I will see if I can find a copy on the cheap.

I see a neurologist for a full work-up next week. Had a NCV in November of last year, but it's starting to look like there may be some bigger neurological issues at play beyond the obvious impingement fun.

I have lost the ability to walk a couple times over the last year. Paralysis lasts about a day.

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I didn't see Physical Therapy on your list..
TheDr.s wanted me to get neck surgery with a Halo for 8 months..Hell with the other health issues, not sure if I had 8 months left at that Time..Tried PT and some epidural and back in the Game..with limitations of course..
Never Quit..Never Give Up..!!!
Z...

Steuss

Steuss

Awards
I didn't see Physical Therapy on your list..
TheDr.s wanted me to get neck surgery with a Halo for 8 months..Hell with the other health issues, not sure if I had 8 months left at that Time..Tried PT and some epidural and back in the Game..with limitations of course..
Never Quit..Never Give Up..!!!
Z...
Did physical therapy pre and post surgery. Do the exercises at home now 3x a week that they had me do.

I have had 3 epidurals (for diagnostic more-so than therapeutic). One of them (bilateral L3) caused me to lose the ability to walk fotlr 3 days. Fell a couple of times, which angered the bone spur at S1. Had a pair of facet injections last week, which seems to have helped that spot (L5S1). Likely going to have nerve ablation done, but everything is on hold until the neurologist does a more extensive looksie-loo.

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Epies are a crap shoot..I've had a facet..went sideways and caused me more problems..
Main thing, the a****** Dr. didn't wait for the 1st shot to numb the area...and put 4 needles in my neck about 10 seconds later..
I went into shock from the pain..took me 25 minutes to get up off the table and passed out twice standing up..I pray I run into him in an elevator one Day..
Z...

Steuss

Steuss

Awards
That had to be Extremely concerning.
Not gonna lie; it was absolutely terrifying. My wife was all calm, and I was wiggling around like a shored epileptic dolphin.

Me: "I need a hospital!"
Her: "STFU, you can go tomorrow if there's no change. Which one of your old lifting buds can come over and carry you to your recliner?"

Steuss

Steuss

Awards
Epies are a crap shoot..I've had a facet..went sideways and caused me more problems..
Main thing, the a****** Dr. didn't wait for the 1st shot to numb the area...and put 4 needles in my neck about 10 seconds later..
I went into shock from the pain..took me 25 minutes to get up off the table and passed out twice standing up..I pray I run into him in an elevator one Day..
Z...
The facet on the side with all of the arthritic bone spur and crap was pretty gnarly. The image looked like a Jackson Pollock painting.

The worst was the second epidural. The imaging machine crashed while the needle was in. Had to just sit there with a damn needle kissing the nerve while it rebooted.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Steuss Sorry to hear of all your set backs, but getting back to he gym is on of the best things you and do for your Body and Mind. Start slow and find a routine that you enjoy and fills the time period you have to work with. After a while I'm sure you will make adjustments and enjoy the results.

You did not give us much info about your self ?
Height
Fat, Lean
Goals

And one last thing, please remember Proper Nutrition is a must !

Steuss

Steuss

Awards
@Steuss Sorry to hear of all your set backs, but getting back to he gym is on of the best things you and do for your Body and Mind. Start slow and find a routine that you enjoy and fills the time period you have to work with. After a while I'm sure you will make adjustments and enjoy the results.

You did not give us much info about your self ?
Height
Fat, Lean
Goals

And one last thing, please remember Proper Nutrition is a must !
Age - 43
Weight - 285
Height - 6'0"
Fat, Lean - Chonky monkey. Lost sight of abs about 30 pounds ago.
Goals - Don't die. Lose weight, strengthen core, fight Ghandi.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Age - 43
Weight - 285
Height - 6'0"
Fat, Lean - Chonky monkey. Lost sight of abs about 30 pounds ago.
Goals - Don't die. Lose weight, strengthen core, fight Ghandi.
I hope we can help you reach your goals !!

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I hope we can help you reach your goals !!
Hell,43 is young..!!!
Don't Die..right there with you on that One..lol
Just started back in the Gym,Monday extremely sore,even after taking it easy..
The Iron has gotten me through so many hard times..and it's helping me once More..
Godspeed Brother
Z...

LotsOhair

LotsOhair

Awards
Just joined the site, first timer.
I am 48 and have been back in the gym for 7 years after a 5 year hiatus. Was a gym rat in my 20's.
Feel great and love to lift, it is my happy place, I am sure for most folks on here it is as well.
Recently divorced after 20+ years of marriage and have 5 kids (ages 23, 21, 19, 15, 13) .
Always eager to learn and hear about others gym related experiences!
Been on TRT for 2 years and it has been a game changer (test was in the low 300's)
Happy to be on the board.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am 48 and have been back in the gym for 7 years after a 5 year hiatus. Was a gym rat in my 20's.
Feel great and love to lift, it is my happy place, I am sure for most folks on here it is as well.
Recently divorced after 20+ years of marriage and have 5 kids (ages 23, 21, 19, 15, 13) .
Been on TRT for 2 years and it has been a game changer (test was in the low 300's)
Welcome! Glad to hear you were able to get back into lifting & optimize your hormones. They are both big improvements for quality of life.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Welcome to the forums, good group around these parts!