• First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lunges are Tough!!!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This week I forgot to show my meal prep. A breakfast burrito for morning, chicken salad for lunch, hard boiled eggs and left over dinner for snacks. Running lower carbs this week.

Warmups, laps around the gym, band pull aparts, hammer curls.

incline DB bench-45x10x10/55x8x8/70x5

Barbell up right row-95x8/110x6x6/45x8x8

Pec deck machine-100x8/140x8x8

bench press-(I should have done this earlier in the work out I was not as strong) 185x5/205x3/175x5x3

lat pull down-140x8/160x6x6x6

bicep ez bar curl-80x8/60x8x8

v grip Tricep push down-70x8/80x6/70x8

feeling the best I have in probably 3-4 years what a game changer my diet has been. Also just staying moving less sedimentary.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought maybe you just peed on yourself a bit at first.
I mean who ever said no more than 2 shakes clearly was lying.
Wait til you’re 50…..10-12 shakes and a 5 min rest before zipping up

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Rest day yesterday and it was welcome, long days and the direct sun have been wearing me down some 😂

5am gym,laps around track, neck stretching, 50 air squats, hammer curls.

squats-(spent a lot more time warming up) 185x5/205x5/225x3/245x3/265x1/275x1/295…. Fail I was so fucking close.

leg extensions-130x8x8/150x8

leg press-315x10/405x10/405x8/405x5/315x10

lying leg curl-95x8/110x8/125x6x6

Seated calf raise-45x12/90x10x10x10

was feeling awesome and needed more so I jumped to bench because I was mad I couldn’t hit 225 on Monday.

Bench-135x5/185x3/205x3/225x1

had breakfast hit the shower then hit the road.
💪🏻💪🏻🇺🇸🇺🇸

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What if I told you that maxing out is not how you raise your 1RM…
Hyde got to come smack me around with the real truth 😂

good call though I spent 3 weeks building my bench up to hit 225 now I need to repeat. Same for squats.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
5am gym, stretching, laps,hammer curls

cable machine press-100x10x10x10x8

DB fly-30x8x10x10x10

chest support DB row-50x10x8x8/45x8

seated row-60x10x10x10x10

Lateral cable raise-10x10x10x10x8

cable curls-40x10x12x12x10

Tricep over head extension cable-30x12/40x10x8x8

plate shurgs-45x10x10x10

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pretty weak session this morning. We traveled over the weekend and Sunday was a long day coming home. Did not get much done.

warmups/laps around gym/hammer curls

front squats-95x8x8x8/85x8

leg extensions-120x10/110x12/90x12/80x12

leg curl-65x10x10x10x10

calf raise machine-80x15x12x12/60x12

pull up-bwx3x2

Ab machinex50

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Atta boy. Looks like my fridge every Sunday afternoon
Lucky for me the wife had the breakfast part done and put away so I just had to do the chicken really.

normally, it’s done Sunday as well.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lucky for me the wife had the breakfast part done and put away so I just had to do the chicken really.

normally, it’s done Sunday as well.
Ha we do sorta the same thing in reverse she tends to prep the lunches while I grill the meat for the meals etc

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ha we do sorta the same thing in reverse she tends to prep the lunches while I grill the meat for the meals etc
It’s funny this week I’m doing canned black beans/green beans/peas. Super cheap to stock up on then just add meat. Been running chicken and still will,but should have my 1/2 beef by the end of the month. Then we might be red meat for a while 😂

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It’s funny this week I’m doing canned black beans/green beans/peas. Super cheap to stock up on then just add meat. Been running chicken and still will,but should have my 1/2 beef by the end of the month. Then we might be red meat for a while
It disappears faster than you think lol. Butchering our third steer here in June. Man nothing beats having a cow in your freezer!

My non American friends think our fridges are too big but they don't even know about the two full size units I have in my outside closet filled with beef and fish

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It disappears faster than you think lol. Butchering our third steer here in June. Man nothing beats having a cow in your freezer!

My non American friends think our fridges are too big but they don't even know about the two full size units I have in my outside closet filled with beef and fish
The beef just has to hold out until deer season!! I wish I could get more fish, I do miss that. We still help the families with lots of canning too, make a lot of sauerkraut and my favorite horseradish!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What kinda deer do you chase? My wife wants me to put venison in the freezer again this year too but I already know she likes whitetail a LOT more than mulies. Which is fine except in Washington it's generally easier to chase down mule deer and blacktails lol. We have a lot of whitetail on the east side but often on private land

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What kinda deer do you chase? My wife wants me to put venison in the freezer again this year too but I already know she likes whitetail a LOT more than mulies. Which is fine except in Washington it's generally easier to chase down mule deer and blacktails lol. We have a lot of whitetail on the east side but often on private land
I honestly prefer mulies 😂 I’m an opportunity hunter I shoot whatever.

whitetail tend to be a little tougher. The mulies have been buttery tender. I usually only hunt does too.
I hunt northwest Kansas early season and then South Dakota late season.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I honestly prefer mulies I’m an opportunity hunter I shoot whatever.

whitetail tend to be a little tougher. The mulies have been buttery tender. I usually only hunt does too.
South Dakota is cool. For some family in spearfish. Fun little town with an amazing jalapeño cream beer lol

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Down to 246 this morning so we still moving in the right direction!
After a long day yesterday and the little one wasn’t to interested in sleep last night, no gym this morning.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I honestly prefer mulies 😂 I’m an opportunity hunter I shoot whatever.

WA state has the worst managed game in the 48. We have monster mulies but generally speaking its 3pt minimum. I can improve my hunt a bit going archery or black powder. People like our whitetails cause they all are apple orchard fed ;) lol

I hunted snow geese in Missouri and contemplated making a run up to the dakotas to chase them, I think it's like Diablo lake or something like that? where the geese pass through on their way back north...

South Dakota is cool. For some family in spearfish. Fun little town with an amazing jalapeño cream beer lol
thats hilarious, i have family in Rapid City and Sioux Falls...

Down to 246 this morning so we still moving in the right direction!
After a long day yesterday and the little one wasn’t to interested in sleep last night, no gym this morning.
240 inbound!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We got a lot of white tail in PA

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yesterday started to get congested,sore throat. Woke up normal time this am but decided to pass on the gym. Increased zinc supplement + water intake. Also wondering if it could be some allergies from all the rain and everything in bloom.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yesterday started to get congested,sore throat. Woke up normal time this am but decided to pass on the gym. Increased zinc supplement + water intake. Also wondering if it could be some allergies from all the rain and everything in bloom.
That funky time of year where you don’t know if you need Allegra or got the flu

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That’s the truth, mostly have been worried if it is something of passing it on to the little one. She had her 2 month checkup today and got her shots, She is growing like a weed.
On the good note just seems to be some congestion no other symptoms, wife is feeling about the same.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well thought last night it was getting better but was even more plugged along with my ears. Then head off to the job site and the smoke from the Canadian wildfires is horrible today. So needless to say it was a long miserable day.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Then head off to the job site and the smoke from the Canadian wildfires is horrible today. So needless to say it was a long miserable day.
I must be living under a rock, I didn't even realize we were already in fire season until my wife told me this morning. the last couple years we didn't really have fire issues in WA state so much but the Candadian fires caused a lot of smog.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I must be living under a rock, I didn't even realize we were already in fire season until my wife told me this morning. the last couple years we didn't really have fire issues in WA state so much but the Candadian fires caused a lot of smog.
I figured the smoke would be worse over your way. It’s better today yesterday was the worst by far. Yeah seems pretty early for fire season, must not have had much snow/rain up north of the border.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pretty thick down here too. Can only see about 1.5 miles

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well other than Monday the rest of this week has been rest and getting over whatever i got. Kept nutrition in line even though did not have much of an appetite. Have dropped down to the 245 mark. Very happy with my results both on the scale and mostly in the mirror.

Also tomorrow I am planning on knocking out my first 36 hr fast. Have some things lined up to do tomorrow to keep me busy, have some electrolyte packets ready for mixing with water.

question for anyone, has anyone tried dosing yohimbine throughout a 36 hr fast? I was considering some tomorrow morning and doing some treadmill/fun session first thing in the am to kick start things. Then another dose of yohimbine afternoon ish?

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Got 30 minutes on the elliptical this morning, went and hit some machines just to keep me feeling good. Will be ready to rock and roll Monday.
36hr fast today new low this morning for my before weight. 245 on the dot so we will see what it is tomorrow morning before i break the fast.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
9+63

36+9
Got 30 minutes on the elliptical this morning, went and hit some machines just to keep me feeling good. Will be ready to rock and roll Monday.
Nic36hr fast today new low this morning for my before weight. 245 on the dot so we will see what it is tomorrow morning before i break the fast.
Very Nice!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
39 hr clocked so far once the wife and kiddo are up will be cooking a big ol breakfast.

So on to the exciting part……

almost a solid 4 pounds. Honestly it’s weird this 36hr fast was easier than a lot of the 24hr fasts? Had some hunger cravings at noon yesterday but after that was just smooth sailing. Also though I had a lot of things lined up yesterday and we stayed busy then evening we went to the lake and walked around and sat in the sun and then came home and it was bed time.

like to thank @MrKleen73 @Dustin07 @Hyde for all the fasting posts and info you guys put in your logs it’s a wealth of knowledge!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
almost a solid 4 pounds. Honestly it’s weird this 36hr fast was easier than a lot of the 24hr fasts?
Yeah once you've done 24hr you may as well carry it on to the 36hr if social/life allows! I believe your ketosis, GH, and autophagy all kick into high gear somewhere around 30hrs so you really (IMO from what I understand) double the value of your fast by pushing through into that next day with 30+ hours!

when you drink nothing but water or coffee and don't ingest much sodium you flush out some of those electrolytes so ironically you may find that some of that 4lbs is water weight, but zero doubt that if you're baseline is somewhere pushing 3000 calories you likely did lose upwards of a full lb of fat, or at least enough to make the effort very much worth it. Long story short... don't feel disillusioned if 2 or 3 of your lbs come back and you "only " keep one off. that 1 day of fasting in my opinion is a lot easier than 7 days of a 500 calorie deficit and more muscle sparing!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah once you've done 24hr you may as well carry it on to the 36hr if social/life allows! I believe your ketosis, GH, and autophagy all kick into high gear somewhere around 30hrs so you really (IMO from what I understand) double the value of your fast by pushing through into that next day with 30+ hours!

when you drink nothing but water or coffee and don't ingest much sodium you flush out some of those electrolytes so ironically you may find that some of that 4lbs is water weight, but zero doubt that if you're baseline is somewhere pushing 3000 calories you likely did lose upwards of a full lb of fat, or at least enough to make the effort very much worth it. Long story short... don't feel disillusioned if 2 or 3 of your lbs come back and you "only " keep one off. that 1 day of fasting in my opinion is a lot easier than 7 days of a 500 calorie deficit and more muscle sparing!
I stayed well hydrated and had some electrolytes mixed in. This morning after re feeding yesterday I was 242. So I think probably 1.5 of solid fat loss but I’ll see this week if I maintain or float back up some. Either way yes I believe doing the 36 is the better value then the 24.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym time 5 am

warmups/stretching/ laps

squat-135x8/180x5x5x3/210x3/235x3/180x5x5x5

bench-135x8/160x5/160x3/180x3/205x3/160x5x5x5x5

Was a good session!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I stayed well hydrated and had some electrolytes mixed in. This morning after re feeding yesterday I was 242. So I think probably 1.5 of solid fat loss but I’ll see this week if I maintain or float back up some. Either way yes I believe doing the 36 is the better value then the 24.
That's freaking awesome man !

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on that new low brother! Glad some of the fasting posts have been a help to you!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Small session this morning then dentist appointment.

rope face pulls-30x12/40x10x10x10

trap bar shurgs-135x10x10x10x10

lat pull-down wide-80x10/100x10x10x10

bw pull-up-2/2/1

DB rows-35x10/25x12x10x10x10/35x10

rope curls-30x20x15x10x10x10 25lbs amrap

behind the back rope/cable forward shurgs-40x10x10x10

felt really good also it was nice being a short session got some other things done made the appointment off to work

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work! Hopefully just a cleaning today, and nothing too painful being done.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Have you got a email on the beta app yet? I keep checking my email 😂

yep just my 6 month cleaning in and out simple.
Not yet, I keep checking too. I wanted to pick a preloaded program with shoulder and arm focus to start today if I get a chance before I get home. I even mentioned you in my thread asking you if you got your email yet. LOL