Weights up, scales down…

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
A nice break in the weather so went for a 2 mile walk this morning and then later will go out with the family on a nice sunny stroll. Also fasting today finished eating last night at 5 pm so will hold out to 5 pm tonight.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What a day 😂 just about said skip day and took a nap but I made it.

last night was horrible I fell asleep good but somehow got all covered up and woke up in hell. I was so hot and overheated it was nasty, then I couldn’t fall asleep for nothing. Logged 3 hrs of sleep, so with the fast the day before and little sleep I was feeling it. Got up got ready for work, got a call from one of my sites down on the Iowa border that they neeeded me down there. This was not planned I had no food packed or anything. So turns out I fasted today until 3 pm. Got back home had a Dr appointment so I slammed a bagel PBJ and a porkchop small serving of Mac & cheese.

Hit the gym at 5 walked half mile warming up the body after sitting most of the day. Hammer curls, dumbbell lunges, shoulder presses, bands for warmup.
Squat- 45x8/95x8/135x5/185x3/205x3/225x3x5x3x3/185x5/185x5 drop set plate shrugs 35’s

calf raise-135x10x10x10

leg press-315x8x8x8x5 (5-8 second slow decent on last set)

dumbell bench-50x10/55x10/60x10/70x8/70x6/50x10 (all bench’s occupied so had to opt for dumbell today)

skull crusher-50x10x10x10x10x8

15mins treadmill to get my 8,000 steps finished today.

legs where gassed, I could have jumped up on squats was feeling strong but decided I’m just going to keep with the program and I’ll increase when it calls. 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds like you made a tough day into a good day!
Not to shabby, I feel like my endurance is up with the added cardio. Truthfully though it’s probably dropping the weight off that’s been doing it. I think utilizing the 24 hr fasts have been making a huge difference as well.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Went to go get my 30 minutes of treadmill in today. But the place so was so empty I couldn’t resist doing an arms day.

French press,then lay back to skull crusher. 30x15x15x10x10x10x10x10x10x10x10

rope push down-40x20x15x10/30x10x10x10x10/20x10x10x10

rope curls-30x10x10x10/20x10x10x10x10

preacher curl-40x10x10x10

hammer curl-30x8x8x8/20x10x10x10/15x10x10x10

pump was real and got the blood moving

30 minutes incline 3.5 MPH sweat fest

🤘🏻🤘🏻

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It was the same we were supposed to induce at 7pm. She was already in early labor so they just let her do it on her own and at 8:09 AM are little girl came into the world 7lbs 3 oz kicking and screaming. One of the best days of my life 🤘🏻🤘🏻 all is well and good!
Oh snap... congrats! Sorry for the lateness!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Triceps definitely feeling bigger today after yesterday, think I’ll start adding that in once a week. Lower back was funky today though definitely from last week deadlifts, decided to just do cardio today. Tomorrow will be squats and bench looking to push weight up a little.

45 minutes treadmill 2% incline 3.5 speed.

also from last week down a solid 3 pounds, also think I did 2, 24 hr fasts last week. Definitely looking tighter and can see my face slimming down. Long ways to go yet but it’s good progress. Long term plan is to be at a weight next fall and then run maintenance while building a solid foundation.

not sure what number I’m looking for, will worry about that down the road.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sunshine and 50’s today, what a good day. Took off work early and went for a nice walk with the wife and kiddo and the dogs, nice to be able to wear a T shirt!!

session today was awesome, strange too because I really did not have a huge lunch just chicken and broccoli/mushrooms.

laps around gym, stretching, dead hangs, hyper extension, hammer curl warm ups.

squat-45x8/95x8/135x5/180x5/205x3/245x3/275x1/185x5/185x5/185x5/185x5 (I could have shot for 300 but with my back feeling good I didn’t want to risk it)

bench-45x8/95x8/135x5/155x5/175x5/195x3/205x1/ 215x1/220x1/185x5/155x8 ( I had 225 in me but no one to spot, plus feeling great so I don’t want to jeopardize that)

T bar row-45x10x10x10x10

calf raise-90x10x10x10x10

hammer curl-35x8/45x8/45x5

preacher curl ez bar-40x12x10/20x20x10

feeling like my strength is kicking in, definitely feel like I can push more weight then supporting parts can handle. So just going to keep working up and building my foundation.
Definitely I think in the last 2 years my best workout. 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Had family visiting yesterday, did go for several nice long walks and only had a small breakfast and steak dinner.

hit the gym this morning, Laos around track, stretching,hammer curls, lunges.

OHP-45x10/70x8/80x5/90x8/70x5/70x5/70x5/70x5/70x5

trap bar deadlift- (warmed up to 135 on barbell lower back is sore/weird feeling, so loaded the trap bar) 135x8/230x5/270x3/230x5/230x5/230x5/230x5/230x5

barbell shrug-135x20x10x10x10x8

tricep pushdown-40x20/35x10x10x10x10 single arm pull down15x10x10x10

ab crunch machine-120x20/130x10x10x10/140x8 massive ab cramp called it a day

training was after a 18 hr fast, finished eating at 4pm yesterday. Was definitely not doing so hot, got a Gatorade from vending machine to get me back up. Will have lunch and dinner then 24 hr fast until the feast tomorrow evening. 🤘🏻🤘🏻

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Doing a great job stringing consistent quality effort together! Enjoy your Easter bro

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Doing good in here!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yesterday was a busy day so I didn’t get to post last night. Also starting today the gym will switch and open at 5 am. With things get busier and evenings harder to go spend a hour or 1.5 at the gym gets harder. So now I’m going to go in the morning.

yesterday
Laps around the gym, stretching,bird dogs, hammer curls.

deadlift to get things moving-135x10

bench-45x5/95x5/135x5-/175x5/185x3/205x1/215x1/225x1/175x5/175x5/175x5 ( PR 225 honestly it felt lighter then 215 had smoked it I probably could have went for 2-3 but was stoked and just racked it)

squat-45x5/95x5/135x5/185x5/225x3/245x1/185x5/185x5/185x5/185x5/185x5

shurgs-135x12/225x8x8x5

tricep pushdowns-75x10/70x10/50x10x10x10

Ab machine- 130x10x10x10x10

I also feel my bench has improved because of form/setup. Watching a lot of videos and finally got a system for setting up. 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congratulations on benching 2 wheels!!! Arguably the most important milestone in all of male gym life.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Congratulations on benching 2 wheels!!! Arguably the most important milestone in all of male gym life.
Thanks man I was pretty stoked. Will be working for a goal of 255 next. Probably tomorrow I will start my next 3 week training block with new 1rm weights. Building slowly but surely!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
225lbs it's a smaller club than most guy's want to admit ............ Congratulations !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Enjoy your day !

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is my idea of a great Dinner !!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well this morning getting out of bed lower back was killing me. I have an adjustable bed and I have been sleeping with the foot area elevated, but I tend to sleep on my side at some point in the night. I just wonder if this is putting me in a bad position and hurting my back, idk.

did lots of stretching foam rolls bird dogs, laps, hammer curls.

squats-45x8/95x5/135x5/170x5/195x5/135x10/135x10 (stopped there because my lower back was just not strong and was feeling it)

leg press-315x10x10x10x10 legs on fire

bench-45x5/95x5/135x5/145x5/170x5/190x5/145x5x5x5x5x5

face pulls-30x10x10x10x10

was sweating like crazy, taking SNS yohimbine 2 caps pre workout.

honestly didn’t feel very strong this workout. Not sure if it was all the walking yesterday and the heat it got to 93 yesterday, kinda a shock to the system as last week there was a blizzard and 20-30’s.
Or if I was still a little burnt from Mondays session still as I pushed quite a bit. Regardless still got the work in. My bench is definitely improving and feeling strong and my setup is getting dialed in. A lot more stable and can feel more power.

also am down 16 lbs since Februaryish when I started focusing. 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If the foot area is elevated and you turn to your side, you are now bending the spine to raise your legs/hips to one side…this would definitely be an issue. Sleep flat if you turn, or wedge pillows under both sides to prevent you from passively turning in the night.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If the foot area is elevated and you turn to your side, you are now bending the spine to raise your legs/hips to one side…this would definitely be an issue. Sleep flat if you turn, or wedge pillows under both sides to prevent you from passively turning in the night.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, I fall asleep on my back but then end up on a side and that position is a no go.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
was sweating like crazy, taking SNS yohimbine 2 caps pre workout.
also am down 16 lbs since Februaryish when I started focusing. 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
(2) SNS Yohimbine is a serious dose !

Congratulations on the 16 lbs !!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
(2) SNS Yohimbine is a serious dose !

Congratulations on the 16 lbs !!
I started with one cap and now do 2, I don’t seem to have any bad reactions from it. It definitely gets the sweat a flowing! I’m also stacking in with lean edge and CLA Extreme.
Thanks rocket!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I started with one cap and now do 2, I don’t seem to have any bad reactions from it. It definitely gets the sweat a flowing! I’m also stacking in with lean edge and CLA Extreme.
Thanks rocket!
I had worked my way up to 3 or 4 caps at one time, but haven't been using it lately.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had worked my way up to 3 or 4 caps at one time, but haven't been using it lately.
Yeah I’m thinking after a while I will try 3 caps pre workout. On days that I’m fasting, like to day, I did 2 pre workout and then I did another one at noon.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I thought I had read that yohimbine is best fasted?
I've never taken it intentionally on it's own although there is some in my maca supp I'm taking pre-workout now (not fasted). maybe that's why I'm sweating a bit. I do think that + the maca give me some aggression in the gym and tends to notice the yoga pants more.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Y
I thought I had read that yohimbine is best fasted?
I've never taken it intentionally on it's own although there is some in my maca supp I'm taking pre-workout now (not fasted). maybe that's why I'm sweating a bit. I do think that + the maca give me some aggression in the gym and tends to notice the yoga pants more.
Yes I believe fasted is the way. Maybe I miss typed I’m taking it fasted first thing in the morning.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Y

Yes I believe fasted is the way. Maybe I miss typed I’m taking it fasted first thing in the morning.
ah, i just read it as pre-workout and I usually carb load shortly before my workout. but like i said lol.,.. I am inadvertently taking yohimbine as well and it's definitely not fasted lol

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
ah, i just read it as pre-workout and I usually carb load shortly before my workout. but like i said lol.,.. I am inadvertently taking yohimbine as well and it's definitely not fasted lol
No worries and normally yes I have carbs pre workout. But recently I have switched and hitting the gym first thing in the morning fasted (last meal dinner the evening before) then I have been holding off until noon to eat.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well the bed was definitely the culprit. Lowered it back down to all flat position and was able to get out of bed pain free.

think I’m going to let my back rejoice the rest of this week. I’m really annoyed that it has taken me this long to figure out why it’s been bothering me, when looking at it now it’s like duh!

oh well, fasted from dinner Thursday night to dinner Friday night. Grilled some big ol pork chops, fresh green beans, and those little tiny potatoes in a bag, so delicious! Scale this morning down 1.6 pounds. Definitely tighter and seeing progress in the mirror. 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well the bed was definitely the culprit. Lowered it back down to all flat position and was able to get out of bed pain free.
The guest bed at my mom and dads crashpad in Arizona i've found really F's with my shoulders. I thought it was an injury at first but I've been back to it 3 times in the past 4 months for various reasons and I wake up with my shoulder both feeling pulled forward and severe pain near my clavicle where I have a real injury, but it actually never bothers me unless I'm in that bed!

Funny thing is I played the bed game for years constantly trying to find better solutions. Finally decided half my pain that I was blaming on the bed was actually just stress related. but then here I am noticing I only get severe shoulder pain when I sleep in this one bed lol.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well today was not one to note gym wise. Went for an arm session and cardio but just wasn’t in the groove. I do believe my fast the day before and then dinner had little to know carbs, so I was pretty empty. Did get a bunch of walks and my steps in so still a win.

been soaking some sirloin steaks in the fridge in a mixture of olive oil/seasoning/lime juice. We made fajita bowls for dinner. Cilantro lime rice/black beans/lettuce/avocado/a tomato thing the wife makes/ steak. Probably one of my favorite meals and I cook the steak on the blackstone griddle 4 minutes done.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Homemade “burrito bowl” is honestly one of my favorite meals. I haven’t done it in a hot minute, but it really never gets old, even made half-ass.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
We do one once a week usually rotate between beef and chicken. They are my favorite meal and simple really. I try to make enough to make a few to go containers for work.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is a great looking meal, and perfect for my maco's

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
92 a couple days ago today 35 and snowing… wild.
Had a small breakfast and decent lunch going to have a good dinner tonight. Outside walking today was a nogo did house cleaning helped with laundry organizing closets etc. then went and cranked a hour on the treadmill.

weight still down a solid pound after the fast, first morning it was down 1.6 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Fasting until dinner tonight again, ate 3 big meals yesterday and re carbed. Went and spent a hour on the treadmill felt like I could have went forever had tons of energy. Went 2% incline and went back and forth from 3.5-3.8 mph. Sweat zone was on and heart rate in the fat burning zone according to the monitor, for what that’s worth.

marinated some wings over night, made some poppers, wife made up some potatoe salad loaded with egg. Should be a good feast! Got the pops and wings in the smoker going low and slow for 2hrs then will finish off higher heat.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh wow, that looks delicious! Sounds like a great feast. Enjoy man. BBQ at AK's house!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh wow, that looks delicious! Sounds like a great feast. Enjoy man. BBQ at AK's house!
Every weekend just about! Waiting for a brisket sale so I can do another one of those. I can eat on that for days.