Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Push-ups every day - 2 minutes when you wake up, you’d be surprised what it will do to help hold some strength compared to totally dropping all muscle work.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That’s a good idea I’ll do that as well, I also have some bands and a few weight plates to use. Hopefully I don’t drop back to ground zero!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice seated OHP! That’s a good amount of weight! If you can get a set of rings to toss over a thick tree branch, theres lots you can do to maintain.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’d be interested in seeing the deer blinds and the fish!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hope you enjoy your stay!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
$5.19, eh? Oh how they’ve already changed

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hope you’re settling and can hit the iron again soon!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Has been a big change of plans come up. A position opened up in our Sioux Falls SD office. Would just be working in that area, so have applied and interview Monday. So we will see might be moving there. Hopefully will be back to the iron here within the next few weeks!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey best of luck! Remember, confidence & self presentation are key; availability supersedes ability too - you don’t even need to be the absolute best guy for the job. If you believe you can do it and you show them that, and you show up early dressed with intent, that can be all it takes to land the upgrade.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey best of luck! Remember, confidence & self presentation are key; availability supersedes ability too - you don’t even need to be the absolute best guy for the job. If you believe you can do it and you show them that, and you show up early dressed with intent, that can be all it takes to land the upgrade.
Yes sir thank you!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hyde nailed it. I interview people several times a week and those are all high points I look for. Good luck!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good luck dude. You got this. The iron will be waiting, yearning.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good Luck !!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well made it out to try for some walleye, wind was howling and then the trolling motor took a dump. So couldn’t fish and hold the boat in the spots. Did land this 21” but that was about the highlight of it.View attachment 216439

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice Catch !

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good news I got the position, now to find a place and get moved. Somehow this turned into more work lol.
Congratulations !!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice one! Now get moved and back to the iron!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Got the camper moved over and set up for now. Found a place to rent but won’t be moving in until July.

I thought the housing market was crazy the rental market is just as absurd.

Now to find a gym close to where I’m staying at temporary, as I could only find a place 30 minutes outside of town to park the camper.

Will be back at it soon!!!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sweet! You sound like a determined man!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got the camper moved over and set up for now. Found a place to rent but won’t be moving in until July.

I thought the housing market was crazy the rental market is just as absurd.

Now to find a gym close to where I’m staying at temporary, as I could only find a place 30 minutes outside of town to park the camper.

Will be back at it soon!!!
Did you show us your camper set up? What type do you have, a fifth wheel? We've got a Class C 28' for recreational use. But for longer periods of time with 4 of us it'd be tight.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice! Looks like that has a good amount of space. I can't personally imagine driving that thing without crashing into a million other things while trying to turn though!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It’s a lot more roomy then the travel trailer we had before. They still feel small after a while, certain things I love about it though and always feels like a adventure. I haven’t lived in a real stick built home in roughly 8 years lol.

You definitely have to pick your gas stations, I pull with a diesel so I just go to the truck lanes. But I’m also carrying 120gal with my bulk tank so I don’t have to stop for a while. I get anywhere from 9 to 12 mpg depending on wind and hills and how heavy my foot lol!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Has been a big change of plans come up. A position opened up in our Sioux Falls SD office. Would just be working in that area, so have applied and interview Monday. So we will see might be moving there. Hopefully will be back to the iron here within the next few weeks!
that's wild man, most of my family on my dads side is in Sioux Falls and Rapid City.

Jealous... we have an annual walleye trip but it isn't until July so the bite is a little slower, but still a damn fun fish to catch

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well found a gym will be going to check it out Thursday. It’s like right down the street from the townhouse, online looks good has like some kind of Astro turf where the squat racks and cages are, different. Looks like 4 racks benches big rack of dumbbells, ez bars and then your normal gym equipment up front. 24-7 access so that’s a plus. Just sucks at the moment because I’m way out of town until end of June, but planning to either hit it before work or after. Once we get moved in it will be way easier.

So hopefully be back to posting here soon!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well plan’s didn’t workout this week to get to check the place out sadly. Next week I’ll be working in a county and won’t even be going into town. So guess I’m just sticking to my push ups and picnic table dips and jogging for now.

Come on June 24th move in day so **** can get back into a routine.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A normal routine makes life much better.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey man, wanted to check in. Did you ever get set up at the new spot and keep the gym routine going?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey man, wanted to check in. Did you ever get set up at the new spot and keep the gym routine going?
I was just thinking about this yesterday !!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes sir got moved and settled and found a gym just right down the road and have been grinding away. Just been a busy summer and haven’t been on the forum much. Planning on end of August when things slow back down to get back to my log and carrying on.

I’ll try to update once in a while to keep it alive! Hope everyone is doing good and getting swole!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad to hear you are still "At It" !!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Today’s session attached screenshot.

Warm ups before hand stretching, also there is a big track around the gym so I walked a half mile to get the the ground stompers warmed up.

Felt good light on the squats as I just wasn’t feeling up to much today. Also on the forearm curls I lay my forearms down on a flat bench, wrists hanging over the edge roll the bar down into my fingers then roll back up and curl the wrist.

Now to smash some tacos!!
IMG_4950.JPG

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice Workout! Glad to have you back!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Kinda dragging ass today but it was all my own doing had a few to many drinks Sunday afternoon. Warm ups sets band pull aparts land mine press to get things warmed and moving. So for dragging ass and slightly hungover still felt pretty decent workload.
IMG_4967.JPG

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I need to dig my Land Mine attachment out !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know you didn’t ask for this criticism, but I would not use a 5x5 for isolation movements like tricep pressdowns and db Flyes. Unnecessary risk/reward ratio.

3x8, for example, still gets you similar total volume, lets you train those movements quite heavy, and you also finish the workout a bit faster for better density of volume.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I know you didn’t ask for this criticism, but I would not use a 5x5 for isolation movements like tricep pressdowns and db Flyes. Unnecessary risk/reward ratio.

3x8, for example, still gets you similar total volume, lets you train those movements quite heavy, and you also finish the workout a bit faster for better density of volume.
Always welcome your advice Hyde. I wondered if you where going to pop in here and say what are you doing .

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Warmups, stretching, bands. My left knee was just feeling odd I started noticing it the night before going up the stairs. So spent a little time trying to stretch and warm up a little more.

On the deadlift (using trap bar) ramped up to 180 knee was feeling decent I did one set of 3 for 230.
IMG_4993.JPG

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Has been a hectic last year with the move and slammed with work all summer. Also adding to it me and my wife will be expecting are new little addition here in a month or so give it take!

Gym was pretty hit or miss for most of the summer then starting in December have been a lot more consistent. Going to pick this back up and get back in the groove.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congratulations on the coming addition! If you thought you were busy before, strap in - it’s about to get exciting

It’s a ton of work, but you’ll love the ride!