Weight loss journey pictures -almost a month. Can you see any changes?

tooty

tooty

Awards
I started my weight loss and fitness journey on 14th of April. It's been 3 weeks and 4 days and here are my results.
I do intemittent fasting for 12 to 13h sometimes longer if I'm not hungry or I'm doing something. I've swapped out any sugar for erythritol(main) or manuka honey and i hardly have any desserts, if at at all.

My day consists of fasting till 12pm or 1pm depending how much sleep I get. I get up about 10am and prepare a beanies toasted marshmellow black coffee with sweetener for the extra boost on my workouts (it also has ketogenic benefits too apparently)
I workout for 15 to 25 minutes. Usually consists of two different cardio and toning videos and drink water during. I have also done some strength training once or 3 times a week with resistance bands.
I wait 30 minutes to an hour after my workout and eat 2 dark rye bread with lightly salted butter and toppings of either almond butter or tuna, mayo and mozzarella served With a green tea latte drink. Then I have wholewheat pasta with quorn and veggies, some days a whole pizza or 2 weetabix and honey for dinner.. depends how hungry I am and what I fancy really. I'm going to be incorporating more proteins and fibre and other healthy fats.
For anyone who was wondering what I'm doing.

Can you guys see anything? Left is always the before photo and right is after.

Attachments

Last edited:

blackirish36

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think you should feel good about your progress. Your hips are definitely slimmer, and the belly has tightened up pretty significantly. Both these observations are based on the fit in the dress pics. It would be helpful if you took pictures with another object for a reference.

Last edited:
tooty

tooty

Awards
I think you should feel good about your progress. Your hips are defintely slimmer, and the belly has tightened up pretty significantly. Both these observations are based on the fit in the dress pics. It would be helpful if you took pictures with another object for a reference.
Aww thank you, can i ask what object you have in mind as a reference? Thanks xxx

blackirish36

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Aww thank you, can i ask what object you have in mind as a reference? Thanks xxx
Something as simple as an end table with a lamp on it. Also, to really get an accurate feel for your progress, you'll want to make sure the photos are taken from a set distance.

tooty

tooty

Awards
Something as simple as an end table with a lamp on it. Also, to really get an accurate feel for your progress, you'll want to make sure the photos are taken from a set distance.
I see, I tried to get close as I could to previous photos but guess it didn't work That well haha. I see what you mean, an object so that I can be in the same place in all pics? I will do that thank u for that tip hehe. So for each photo it looks like wearing that dress is a good piece of clothing to see progress. Appreciate the support thanks😍

blackirish36

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I see, I tried to get close as I could to previous photos but guess it didn't work That well haha. I see what you mean, an object so that I can be in the same place in all pics? I will do that thank u for that tip hehe. So for each photo it looks like wearing that dress is a good piece of clothing to see progress. Appreciate the support thanks😍
Exactly. Stand beside your chosen object in the same place, at the same distance from your camera, and in the same lighting conditions, if possible. That will give you the ideal conditions to spot even small differences in your appearance. The dress is a good idea. In your original post it looks like the camera was slightly closer to you in your after pic, and so threw off the perspective. Even so, I thought the progress was easy to spot. And again, you are very welcome.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Your before and after pictures are phenomenal, clearly making progress.
Nutrition and fitness are lifelong endeavors which we are continually modifying as we learn more about calories, macros, and how our bodies respond to them.

Have you ever used a calorie calculator, or food app to help plan out a weeks worth of meals? I find what helps me the most is my wife and I do all our food prep on Sunday for Mon-Friday. so my breakfasts, snacks, and lunches are prepped all week long with no room for me to accidentally go hungry and buy something I'd regret later for lunch, etc.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
yep there is definitely some progress but obviously less than 4 weeks in it shouldn’t be crazy noticeable (if it was you would have to be crashing weight off which isn’t a good idea).

it seems like you are on the right track

one thing I would really recommend is proper resistance training (bands are useful but can’t replace a barbell imo). Whilst the bodyweight/cardio is absolutely sound for now what you’ll start to notice is scales going down but body comp not probably going the way you want (I’ve been there myself). Obviously if you actually dislike lifting weights then there isn’t any rule that says you have to but it really does have significant benefits (not least that by adding some lean mass you increase the calorie expenditure and can lose weight eating more calories).

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I see progress keep going and keep posting your results !!

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
But the offer is serious if OP is interested.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you for all the replies I really appreciate it. I have an update to show it's been about 2 months now.View attachment 205154
Incredible work @tooty!! Congratulations on your progress! Would love if you started a log for us to follow your progress!