Water Shedding

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Are there any real water loss supplements that people have had genuine results from?
According to my last body comp scan it looks like I'm carrying an over average amount of water, which would explain the loss ab definition with only a 0.3% increase in bodyfat percentage.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Look for inflammatory foods in your diet. Maybe get a food allergy panel done. Make sure you’re drinking a gallon of water a day. Find the cause instead of just drying to artificially flush out water with a supplement

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
What does your current diet look like? What types of carbs are you eating? Excess water retention could be due to inflammatory, high sodium, and water soluble foods. Foods like rice and oatmeal can cause bloating, and high salt foods can also cause extra water retention.

I wouldn't recommend using a diuretic since they aren't designed for long term use. I would focus on reassessing your diet

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Look for inflammatory foods in your diet. Maybe get a food allergy panel done. Make sure you’re drinking a gallon of water a day.
What does your current diet look like? What types of carbs are you eating? Excess water retention could be due to inflammatory, high sodium, and water soluble foods. Foods like rice and oatmeal can cause bloating, and high salt foods can also cause extra water retention.

I wouldn't recommend using a diuretic since they aren't designed for long term use. I would focus on reassessing your diet
I drink at least 5Litres a day.
Nothing in my diet has changed recently, and I've been low carb now for nearly a year and even those are mainly from fruits and vegetables. My sodium intake has increased slighly since I started training fasted again, I add a few grinds of rock salt into my pre-workouts. But surely it couldn't make that much of a difference, especially as I increased my water intake alongside it?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Evomuse Dryuretix worked pretty well for me.
You just reminded me I have a bottle laying around that I never used...any additional info about when you ran it?

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
sodium / potassium imbalance.

You are eating too much sodium

Use salt substitute (potassium)

For specific needs, magnesium and or dandelion root or a combo of both will help, but should not be a solution. There is nothing necessarily bad with carrying water, but to fix the problem overall take a look at your diet (as others have already said).

start tracking sodium intake for a week and see where you are at

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whats your body fat like?

Sodium Potassium balance. Most people get enough sodium. That said I like me some pre workout. Taking in more potassium foods like avocados.

Millenium Sports has an advanced herbal diuretic called RIPTIDE™ that looks good. SportsOne has something called Cut up.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Agree with this. A Diuretic will make you drop some water weight quick but once you're done with the diuretic the water weight will come back. So i would also suggest getting your diet more on point to drop some more bf to get that lean dry look that i'm assuming you're wanting.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You just reminded me I have a bottle laying around that I never used...any additional info about when you ran it?
Not really, I drank some extra water and ate a few more bananas to be safe, but didn't notice any side effects. I used it for about a week prior to go to the lake, double dosing the last day and the morning before I left. It's not a miracle worker, but did seem to reduce some bloat.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
sodium / potassium imbalance.

You are eating too much sodium

Use salt substitute (potassium)

For specific needs, magnesium and or dandelion root or a combo of both will help, but should not be a solution. There is nothing necessarily bad with carrying water, but to fix the problem overall take a look at your diet (as others have already said).

start tracking sodium intake for a week and see where you are at
My diet is pretty good. As I mentioned, I've been lower carb now for about a year, typically around 80-100g per day and mostly from fruits and vegetables.
I use sodium in my pre-workouot to help pull more water into the muscle, will a sodium substitute such as potassium (as you mentioned) have the same effect?

Whats your body fat like?
I'm currently at 13.7% bodyfat accourding to that scan. But that's only a 0.3% increase since December.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are there any real water loss supplements that people have had genuine results from?
According to my last body comp scan it looks like I'm carrying an over average amount of water, which would explain the loss ab definition with only a 0.3% increase in bodyfat percentage.
You could try drinking more water. If you are not consuming enough, your body will hold onto water.

Also, try adding lemon to your water and eat certain foods. Asparagus is in season and gets me peeing more often.