Was Gerald Butler from the movie '300' on steroids ?

Was Gerald Butler from the movie '300' on steroids ?

• Total voters

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Wow I didn't know that!He was 19,he ate an ass load of pints of ice cream.One after the other.And a big ass pizza.This was just right after the show.Also 3 meals at one reastauraunt and a pizza delivered to the hotel and another on the way home.He said he gained 40lbs in 2 days.His back hurt walking up stairs.He couldn't tie his shoes and he could hardly breath.He was so miserable he didn't eat for almost a whole day and he did lots of cardio.

Just because someones not a profesional bb'r doesn't mean they don't have the genetics to become one.Do you honestly think every one in this world who has those genetics is a pro?Theirs probably plenty of them who are over weight or straight up skinny.Markus Ruhel was 130 at 5'11" when he started.Yes I know.Markus uses lots of test,GH,and slin!!!!!!!!But drugs are only part of the equation.

So Branch Warren used steroids as a teen then ? Tight !

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Don't give him too much credit man..
Sly's my boy, one of the people I've personally gotten the majority of my inspiration from (in fact, if you notice the quote in my signature line, that's from the last Rocky flick). BUT.. he didn't come out & talk about his usage until he got popped trying to take mega bottles of test & HGH into Australia while shooting Rambo.
In multiple interviews back in the day, when they asked him about how he got so ripped for Rocky IV, he said he ate nothing but burnt toast, protein powder, and a "super strain" of amino acids (uh, yeah -- AKA.. HGH).
But on the bright side, at least didn't do like a lot of guys caught redhanded, and say it was like his assistant's or some lame sh!t..

I remember this. He said he didn't used steroids, but used amino acids which work just as good as steroids for getting into shape.

Let's be real here, he wasn't upfront till he got caught.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I remember this. He said he didn't used steroids, but used amino acids which work just as good as steroids for getting into shape.

Let's be real here, he wasn't upfront till he got caught.
Their was a kid who was telling me about what he ate and all from his mom reading his book.I said he also uses GH and he had no idea what I was talking about.Just all "really?"

I wouldn't be surprised if Branch used as a teen.Arnold started at 13 and look at trey brewer whos like 22.The pros keep comming out younger and younger.Then their are some who start much later but still look better than most could hope for with all the roids in the world before they started juicing.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Just because someones not a profesional bb'r doesn't mean they don't have the genetics to become one.Do you honestly think every one in this world who has those genetics is a pro?Theirs probably plenty of them who are over weight or straight up skinny.Markus Ruhel was 130 at 5'11" when he started.Yes I know.Markus uses lots of test,GH,and slin!!!!!!!!But drugs are only part of the equation.
I can agree with that; there are plenty of people with superior genetics that are not pro's...they're just in prison...lol

No but really, I've been to 5 prisons(on visits for reports) and let me tell you that those are some of the most cut, jacked, looking guys I've seen in person. All a lot of them do is eat, lift weights, and sleep 24hrs a day.

Im not saying that steriods are not in prison, but to the extent of the outside world, no way near it. I remember this one guy, he was about 6'2(could not guess what he weighed because he was so damn cut up), but he was deading 695 like it was a joke, for reps, like it was 400. This other inmate says something like "he snorts the juice".

So i figured, wtf? how is he snorting steriods? But, to my lack of knowledge, the "juice" was like snorting alcohol, str8 up the nose...it is suppose to be like the substance that football players used in the 80's when you get knocked out? I can't remember the name of it...

Man, that dude would snort that sh!t and rage like a bull...I never seen him do it though but the inmate was like "right there, you see him snort it"? Im like wtf, i must be ray charles up in this joint...?

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

Well, there's Debbie, his wife right there.

I'm sure Roger was on sauce too.
Im not sure about the sauce that she puts into her skin, but i got some sauce that i'd put ON her skin...

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. Nick Nolte was one of the first (years ago) to come out & say he used it, & how good it made him feel, how it was keeping him "youthful"..
I dunno tho; you seen that dude lately? I don't think he's the right individual you'd want to be a poster boy for a fountain of youth.. that mug looks ancient as hell.
Nick Nolte? The only thing he looked like he used was to much beer, crack and weed ... I'd have to have visual proof that he used anything else, but the aforementioned "performance debilitating substances"

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Their was a kid who was telling me about what he ate and all from his mom reading his book.I said he also uses GH and he had no idea what I was talking about.Just all "really?"

I wouldn't be surprised if Branch used as a teen.Arnold started at 13 and look at trey brewer whos like 22.The pros keep comming out younger and younger.Then their are some who start much later but still look better than most could hope for with all the roids in the world before they started juicing.

I agree. Even Arnold who started early. He wasn't insanely large, big but not like today's IFBB pros and he was on sauce. The only difference now is that they use more.

Its kinda like the whole Santa Clause thing with celebs. I know there are still tons of people out there who will pick up a Muscular Development magazine and say 'Is that person on steroids ? I think they are.'

The funny thing is that they don't KNOW for certain, LOL. They are just speculating (i.e. thinking there might be a possibility that they are not).

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can agree with that; there are plenty of people with superior genetics that are not pro's...they're just in prison...lol

No but really, I've been to 5 prisons(on visits for reports) and let me tell you that those are some of the most cut, jacked, looking guys I've seen in person. All a lot of them do is eat, lift weights, and sleep 24hrs a day.

Im not saying that steriods are not in prison, but to the extent of the outside world, no way near it. I remember this one guy, he was about 6'2(could not guess what he weighed because he was so damn cut up), but he was deading 695 like it was a joke, for reps, like it was 400. This other inmate says something like "he snorts the juice".

So i figured, wtf? how is he snorting steriods? But, to my lack of knowledge, the "juice" was like snorting alcohol, str8 up the nose...it is suppose to be like the substance that football players used in the 80's when you get knocked out? I can't remember the name of it...

Man, that dude would snort that sh!t and rage like a bull...I never seen him do it though but the inmate was like "right there, you see him snort it"? Im like wtf, i must be ray charles up in this joint...?
Theirs a guy at my gym that did like 14yrs and hes 37 or so now.Big fvckin dude!I asked one day if he normally does higher reps cause thats what I see him do and some pros do that as well.He says "yeah.I'm not trying to get bulky,just cut."I was like you're already bulky!!!Then he was telling me how he's eating lots of tuna to get cut and that he gained 8 lbs in like 3 weeks or so!He definately has genetics.I tell him to fill out his shoulders and he could compete and again he's like I'm not trying to get all wide and bulky.Again,He already is!!!!!!!!!!!He's just lacking shoulders.Some of the things he says just blow my mind when I'm looking right at him.As well as doing high reps to cut when most know you should stick with the 6-12.If thats whats best for building.It's also best for maintaining,but this fvcker gains while he's trying to cut.:frustrate:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Are you talking about sniffing ammonia capsules ? Powerlifters use these.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Some of the really good naturals I've seen are Jim Cordova and Derek Charlesdebois (sp) from Scivation.

Also that Kobyoshi Moody (sp) who claims to be natural as well. I find that somewhat hard to believe, but if he says so then that's that.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Some of the really good naturals I've seen are Jim Cordova and Derek Charlesdebois (sp) from Scivation.

Also that Kobyoshi Moody (sp) who claims to be natural as well. I find that somewhat hard to believe, but if he says so then that's that.
Yeah and the naturals can go either way as far as being natural or not for sure.I like to believe that most are and could compete in the olympia if they crossed over due to genetics,but choose not to for moral reasons.In high school I couldn't figure out why some people didn't smoke pot.I think it's the same with many bb'rs and the juice so they just assume that they're not natural.Cause why wouldn't a bb'r use roids right?(sarcasm)

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i think it was ammonia caps...

Derek? The same Derek that used to post on AM a few years back?

Hmmmm, i really can not say for certain, but Im sure I've read some of his post that would twist your opinion otherwise...

But, it's been a while and since 03', I can not remember what all i did or did not read on here.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Theirs a guy at my gym that did like 14yrs and hes 37 or so now.Big fvckin dude!I asked one day if he normally does higher reps cause thats what I see him do and some pros do that as well.He says "yeah.I'm not trying to get bulky,just cut."I was like you're already bulky!!!Then he was telling me how he's eating lots of tuna to get cut and that he gained 8 lbs in like 3 weeks or so!He definately has genetics.I tell him to fill out his shoulders and he could compete and again he's like I'm not trying to get all wide and bulky.Again,He already is!!!!!!!!!!!He's just lacking shoulders.Some of the things he says just blow my mind when I'm looking right at him.As well as doing high reps to cut when most know you should stick with the 6-12.If thats whats best for building.It's also best for maintaining,but this fvcker gains while he's trying to cut.:frustrate:
yeah, i've been lifting with a couple of guys that have gotten out of the "joint" recently. And when they tell me things, they look so damn real aobut what they are saying and usually in a dead tone, so it's really convincing...dunno, but i've heard some things that I could not possibly do in fear of tearing a muscle.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what you are talking about. Are you talking about sniffing ammonia capsules ? Powerlifters use these.
LOL, that **** will wake you right up. I don't think it had to much to do with him repping out 600lbs+ deadlifts, it just makes sure that he is not gonna lose focus during it. I imagine it would be ridiculously hard to be on the juice in the pen (esp. injectables), but then again people get heroin in there, so anything's possible. I bet PCT is a *****.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah that's what I mean though. I mean, he got caught with it, but once he did, he kept his integrity and has since been quoted in writing advocating their use. I think most celebs would just refuse to make statements and hope it dies down, and instead he took responsibility for himself in a way many wouldn't have the stones to. (pun intended). I'm currently on my very first Test cycle and am treating it the same way. If no one at my gym asks, I'm not going to say anything, but if they ask directly I'll have no problems explaining to them that yes I'm experimenting right now to see if this is something that could be worthwhile for me from a rehab perspective, and that yeah, expediently gaining some serious mass in the process is a nice big bonus that definitely swayed my judgement in making my decision to use. A trainer at my gym saw me out of my wheelchair on my knees doing some cable pulls and going all out. He was glad to see me going at it with such intensity and offered to train me here and there free of charge when he had free time, so I flat out told him that that'd be great and I'd like him to push me extra hard because I'm running my first test cycle and gave the same reasonings I stated above. He's since greeted me as a friend whenever he sees me and proceeds to help me out as best he can, so, I took that as a lesson learned in how it can be very beneficial for a person to be honest and forthcoming, even when they feel they might be risking their perceived public image.
Wow, what happened to ya? (did I miss this somewhere in the thread?)
Sidenote on Sly tho: I think he was hitting the HGH a little hard (or maybe too long); you notice the bone growth in his jaw these days? His lower lip sticks out halfway to China in the new Rambo flick.. Ah, he's still my boy tho, done more with his life than he ever should have thru sheer determination.. gotta respect that.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nick Nolte? The only thing he looked like he used was to much beer, crack and weed ... I'd have to have visual proof that he used anything else, but the aforementioned "performance debilitating substances"
Agreed. Back in like 2002 tho (sometime before "Hulk"), he was all spouting off that HGH was his "fountain of youth", that he'd been using it for years. Then he goes out & gets arrested for DUI, looking like a mad crack addict with his hair sticking every which way in his mugshot.. like I said, not a good poster boy for promoting benefits of HGH.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i think it was ammonia caps...

Derek? The same Derek that used to post on AM a few years back?

Hmmmm, i really can not say for certain, but Im sure I've read some of his post that would twist your opinion otherwise...

But, it's been a while and since 03', I can not remember what all i did or did not read on here.

Yeah Derek from Scivation. Well, he says he's natural, but I think he used prohormones back when they were legal. I don't know this for certain, but I know that PrimaForce used to push that kind of stuff back in the day and I'm sure Marc and Derek were no strangers to them.

I'm not 100% certain though. I know he's used anti-estrogens though.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
LOL, that **** will wake you right up. I don't think it had to much to do with him repping out 600lbs+ deadlifts, it just makes sure that he is not gonna lose focus during it. I imagine it would be ridiculously hard to be on the juice in the pen (esp. injectables), but then again people get heroin in there, so anything's possible. I bet PCT is a *****.

Powerlifters used different kinds of stuff. Yeah the ammonia caps is more of a 'get dialed in focus' type of substance. I've also heard about adrenaline shots as well, but I don't know for certain.

For them it is about a very short burst of extremely high intensity energy.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, haven't been doing the boards all that long.. what's a sticky?

Its where they hold the thread at the top of the section. Like OTC Prohoromones and Designer Profiles which are always at the top of this 'steroid' section.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its where they hold the thread at the top of the section. Like OTC Prohoromones and Designer Profiles which are always at the top of this 'steroid' section.
Ahha, thanx for the clarification man..

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Wow, what happened to ya? (did I miss this somewhere in the thread?)
Sidenote on Sly tho: I think he was hitting the HGH a little hard (or maybe too long); you notice the bone growth in his jaw these days? His lower lip sticks out halfway to China in the new Rambo flick.. Ah, he's still my boy tho, done more with his life than he ever should have thru sheer determination.. gotta respect that.
I haven't noticed too much, although I def. don't doubt it is there. I was reading somewhere his face is partially paralyzed b/c he got cut in the face when he was younger which causes that droopy look on part of his face.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Did Danny Bonaduche (sp) openly admit using steroids ?

I'm sure that weirdo Carrot Top does as well.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I haven't noticed too much, although I def. don't doubt it is there. I was reading somewhere his face is partially paralyzed b/c he got cut in the face when he was younger which causes that droopy look on part of his face.
Yes, doc messed him up w/ forceps at delivery..
I mean the actual bone growth tho, his jaw is actually bigger than it used to be (and it's not just cuz he weighs @220 now instead of 175 like he used to back in the day). Nasty side effect of HGH apparently is bone/internal organ growth; kinda like Arnold & the split in his front teeth, the bones actually grows unnaturally and when this is a side effect from overuse it most commonly appears in facial features..

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah Derek from Scivation. Well, he says he's natural, but I think he used prohormones back when they were legal. I don't know this for certain, but I know that PrimaForce used to push that kind of stuff back in the day and I'm sure Marc and Derek were no strangers to them.

I'm not 100% certain though. I know he's used anti-estrogens though.
What is the definition of "all natural"? Seems this is a judgement call.. I consider myself all-natural, because I have never used illegal steroids, injectable or otherwise, and I never will. This is my preference..
However, I have used a few PH/PS in the past, none since 2006, but when I did use they were legal, OTC products.
Where do you draw the line? Many people think if you use creatine, you're not a natural athlete..
If you you an all-natural herb that promotes LH levels (thereby increasing the ability to boost test levels), are you no longer "natural"??
Guess it's all in how you look at it.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
What is the definition of "all natural"? Seems this is a judgement call.. I consider myself all-natural, because I have never used illegal steroids, injectable or otherwise, and I never will. This is my preference..
However, I have used a few PH/PS in the past, none since 2006, but when I did use they were legal, OTC products.
Where do you draw the line? Many people think if you use creatine, you're not a natural athlete..
If you you an all-natural herb that promotes LH levels (thereby increasing the ability to boost test levels), are you no longer "natural"??

Yeah it can be cut many different ways. Whenever I say all-natural, I just refer to WNBF requirements. It's easier to get an answer like that.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I would say "natural" in the sense of bodybuilders is probably referring to not messing with their hormones via an active compound. There are quite a few guys claiming to be natural in ads that look like they have been hitting the sauce pretty good. I think "natural" bodybuilding is a bit of a cliche, but that is just me.

As far as Danny and Carrot Top... those fools are juiced up to their ears. I would love to see a before and after picture of both of them. I am pretty sure neither would deny it (esp. with Dannys well documented anger issues), and if they did, well they would just be laughed at.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

Carrot Top's delts look very weird. I think he mentioned on Howard Stern that he didn't train legs at all, just upper body.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
She told me the other night..
Naw.. (hope my wife doesn't see that one, lol)..
Brian McNamee (Rocket's old personal trainer) is a big rat, putting Clemens out on front street and pulling all his hole cards. He told Congress about that. Even tho dude's a rat, I do believe every word he says.
Btw, there's been no denial from Debbie (OR Roger for that matter) on that count. Rog just says he hasn't used steroids, and that syringe McNamee has with Roger's blood DNA on it is just manufactured.
Some crazy stuff there man.. things people do.
As quick as you seem to be on the research aspect, surprised you've not pulled this up yourself yet..

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
yeah yeah, lol.

I haven't really followed steroids too much in sports, other than the Olympics. Now that I think about it, I'm also curious to know if it has made its way into the PGA yet. Wouldn't be surprised though.

The whole baseball aspect, I was like 'yeah,yeah' b/c it was all over the front pages, lol.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah yeah, lol.

I haven't really followed steroids too much in sports, other than the Olympics. Now that I think about it, I'm also curious to know if it has made its way into the PGA yet. Wouldn't be surprised though.

The whole baseball aspect, I was like 'yeah,yeah' b/c it was all over the front pages, lol.
John Daly, bigtime user..
Don't know much about golf other than that, except Tiger Woods is like God or something..

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
yeah yeah, lol.

:toofunny:

Dude, can you imagine some yoked fool coming out and smashing it to the green on every par 5. I would get some serious laughter out of that. Unfortunately (well, probably fortunately... but not for humor's sake) I doubt it will ever happen. I used to golf a lot, and still do every now and again... since my body changed so did my swing, and I think it helps to just be long and lanky for golf. Muscles just seem to mess with the rotation of the swing.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

Dude, can you imagine some yoked fool coming out and smashing it to the green on every par 5. I would get some serious laughter out of that. Unfortunately (well, probably fortunately... but not for humor's sake) I doubt it will ever happen. I used to golf a lot, and still do every now and again... since my body changed so did my swing, and I think it helps to just be long and lanky for golf. Muscles just seem to mess with the rotation of the swing.

Yep, I used to play golf competitively for about 7 years when I was younger. We'd tour around the state and there'd be 120-130 players each tourney.

I also used to play a lot of tennis as well.

I recently tried playing both. I'm not to the point where I'm so 'big' that it is impeding me to play well, but it is slightly more difficult than when it was when I was younger and didn't workout.

haha. I have a funny story.

So I had a tournament coming up, so the night before, I was thinking to myself I'm gonna get strong and kick some serious ass the next day, so the day before I did 500 push-ups. Although I did them throughout the course off and on for 5 hours.

This was my first time doing them, and certainly that many.

The very next day I was so damn sore that I played really bad. I was 13 at the time, LOL.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I just realized there wasn't a picture of Gerald Butler on this thread and it was about him.

Attachments

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know a guy who was recently rerleased from 10 yrs of prison a little over a week ago.He said "boss"(guards)bring most the illegal sh!t in.Said it's extremely hard for a citizen to bring something in but it can be done.He says "boss" can bring just about anything in.Half the guards are trying to bust the inmates while the other half are supplying them with what they get busted for.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established

well, there is always jason zuback
340x.jpg

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's clear he needs a little more intensity in his swing.