WANTED: stim-free preworkout, with good profile, stevia sweetened

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, I want it all. No artificial sweeteners, good profile. I LOVE Megatron and Carbon Prep, but hate sucralose.

Recommendations?

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Transparent Labs Stim Free and Genius Pre are my top two

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn, Genius Pre looks pretty good. It'd be perfect without 3gr ba, but not a deal breaker.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Reasoning for the sucralose hate?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Reasoning for the sucralose hate?
Makes my stomach hurt. I'm not sold that the level to which it alters gut bacteria is good at all. Stevia is less potent in this regard, has blood sugar benefits, and doesn't upset my stomach.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
May not be exactly what you are looking for, but VasoMax and High Volume are really good.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Check out High Volume by pes. Although I'm not sure if it's artificial sweetener free, but it's my fav non stim.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Makes my stomach hurt. I'm not sold that the level to which it alters gut bacteria is good at all. Stevia is less potent in this regard, has blood sugar benefits, and doesn't upset my stomach.
I haven't looked into it much, but I thought there were some recent studies showing that artificial sweeteners didn't effect the gut biome. I remember Suppversity having a post on it.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't looked into it much, but I thought there were some recent studies showing that artificial sweeteners didn't effect the gut biome. I remember Suppversity having a post on it.
Is this the study?

Eventually, the data in Figure 1 shows us only one thing: The gut microbiome is like a finger-print. It's different for all of us and despite changes due to artificial sweetener consumption, there's no clear pattern in any of the artificial sweetener groups that would allow us to predict negative or positive effects based on what we know now.

Against that background I would try not to freak out about the fact that aspartame and acesulfam-k can affect your gut microbiome. There is no, and I repeat, no convincing experimental evidence in humans that would remotely confirm that any potential changes of the gut microbiome that occur in response to the consumption of artificial sweeteners would entail ill health effects.
http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2015/07/anti-microbial-effects-of-artificial.html

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i absolutely loathe stevia. tastes so bad.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/artificial-sweeteners-may-change-our-gut-bacteria-in-dangerous-ways/
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/artificial-sweeteners-may-leave-you-absolutely-gutted/

Whatever, I'm not one of those 'anti' freaks. Sucralose IS safe to use, in that occasional use will have no noticeable effect. However, when you take OUR lifestyles into account, and the 3-6+ scoops of whey, a scoop of preworkout, an intra, a protein bar, all sweetened with sucralose, daily, for YEARS, it may have a different outcome than occasional usage. I get stomach pain and bloat after using sucralose (not aspartame or ace k), so I want to stop using it.

Sucralose DOES affect gut biome, it's fact. Given that we barely know anything about gut biome and their purpose, why take something that ****s with it?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4259177/

The human gut microbiome impacts human brain health in numerous ways: (1) Structural bacterial components such as lipopolysaccharides provide low-grade tonic stimulation of the innate immune system. Excessive stimulation due to bacterial dysbiosis, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, or increased intestinal permeability may produce systemic and/or central nervous system inflammation. (2) Bacterial proteins may cross-react with human antigens to stimulate dysfunctional responses of the adaptive immune system. (3) Bacterial enzymes may produce neurotoxic metabolites such as D-lactic acid and ammonia. Even beneficial metabolites such as short-chain fatty acids may exert neurotoxicity. (4) Gut microbes can produce hormones and neurotransmitters that are identical to those produced by humans. Bacterial receptors for these hormones influence microbial growth and virulence. (5) Gut bacteria directly stimulate afferent neurons of the enteric nervous system to send signals to the brain via the vagus nerve. Through these varied mechanisms, gut microbes shape the architecture of sleep and stress reactivity of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis. They influence memory, mood, and cognition and are clinically and therapeutically relevant to a range of disorders, including alcoholism, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and restless legs syndrome. Their role in multiple sclerosis and the neurologic manifestations of celiac disease is being studied. Nutritional tools for altering the gut microbiome therapeutically include changes in diet, probiotics, and prebiotics.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/06/gut-bacteria-on-the-brain/395918/

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i absolutely loathe stevia. tastes so bad.
Have you tried the KAL brand white stevia? If not don't close the door just yet. I have tried upwards of 30+ stevia products over the last 20 years and this is the one that most haters actually like. Of course it has to be added to something not used straight. It also is the most potent one I have ever come across. A 3.5oz bottle has 2381 servings to give you an idea. DO NOT BUY THEIR RAW GREEN ONE.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pumps and endurance/performance increases.
You can buy potassium nitrate caps for very cheap if you know where to look (<$0.20 per 750mg). SNS also has Vaso6 caps, but they’re a bit more pricey than the nitrates. Bulk citrulline powder also works well, but I’m not sure if you want unflavored powders. I often just use one thing for pumps, but two would be plenty for just about anyone IMO. Rhodiola caps would also be solid for endurance and also affordable.