WannabeBatman's Wanna Try to Look Like Batman Log (BBS Sponsored)

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
HOWDY,

I will be logging one of Better Body Sports newest products, Phoenix. This is my first log so please bear with me and let me know if there's anything I can add to make this a more pleasurable log viewing experience:147:

Here's a link to a BBS data sheet on Phoenix

See the info below courtesy of the BBS website:

We would like to introduce to you Phoenix – A Scientific breakthrough in fat loss, energy, and mood enhancement! Phoenix contains a synergistic blend of herbs and amino acids targeting the many issues that surround fat loss today while combating the action/reaction factors that are associated with ingredients found in other diet pills.

* No Crash
* Jitter free energy
* Relieves hypertension

Phoenix contains a series of Phenylethylalamine (PEA) derivitives which have shown to be a very important asset in weight loss supplementation by improving metabolism, reducing stress, suppressing appetitie, and increasing energy. Better Body Sports has formulated several analogs of Phenylethylalamine that allow for maximum absorption and slow release effects. On top of this we have included several Natural monamine oxidase inhibitors (MIAO) such as siberian and red korean ginseng so that metabolism of PEA Is prevented allowing it to be utilized by the body for fat loss before being broken down and passed through the body.

We all know that Ephedra was a very powerful catalyst of fat loss and produced somewhat dramatic results. Because of this we have added 2 compounds that contain many similarities to ephedra in fat loss benefits. Acacia Rigidula Extract contains Acacia Alkaloids that readily pass into the brain in a similar fashion to ma haung. Methyl synephrine is an alkaloid that has a structure similar to ephedrine and can affect the alpha-adrenergenic receptors and beta-adrenergic receptors in a familiar way. These two compounds further the metabolism effects and appetite suppression of Phoenix.

Not only is Phoenix a very complete fat loss product but we have also kept the consumers health in mind further attacking the Action/reaction factors. Fat loss can have a negative impact on the body by increasing free radicals and lowering the immune system. This is bad news because it can result in a loss of muscle tissue which means fewer calories burned through the day! By adding ingredients like ginka biloba, bee pollen, and cats claw we are not leaving anything to chance and giving you necessary compounds to improve your immune system and boost anti-oxidant levels. Even better these compounds also increase metabolism as well! As you can see Phoenix is one of the most complete fat loss formulas too date!

MY STATS:

HEIGHT:5FT 11INCHES
WEIGHT: 180.4 (currently, ask me later today:)
BF %: Not entirely sure it's been a while since I've had it checked, I am going to 13%-14% (95% of this is deep adipose tissue in my lower stomach region, I was a fat kid and have had a hard time losing my gut)
BODY TYPE: ENDOMORPH, but I need to eat like a horse to gain anything. Doctor says I have a high metabolism, but agreed with the endomorph body type hypothesis I proposed, strange eh?

CURRENT FITNESS GOALS & EXERCISE INFORMATION:

I put on a little to much chunk during my bulking phase, all in my stomach region so I am looking to do more of a recomp rather then a full on cutting cycle. To achive my goals I will be limiting the amount of carbs I eat, usually before and after workouts and consisting only of fruits and vegetables. I will also be eating about 3 + grams of protein per pound (rather then 1.5-2.0 grams). I will also be eating around 3500 calories a day, I know this is a lot, for my height and weight, but I need to eat like a horse to gain anything muscle or even fat (other than in my stomach area, go figure). I will also be doing cardio, 4 days a week. I am a big fan of cardiovascular exercise because of the health benefits and its leaning and defining properties. I will be weight lifting 3 times a week (I will post my routines & stats tomorrow when I start lifting).

MISC. INFORMATION:

Usually before I start a fat burning pill I like to test the waters so to speak. So I typically start taking the pills a day prior to actually exercising (i.e. on my day of rest) so I can gauge my bodies response to the supplement and figure out how much water I will need, how many times I will have to use the bathroom, general reaction to the supplement, etc.

FIRST IMPRESSION:

I started today by taking on pill in the morning right after waking and eating meal number 1. The pill went down smoothly and didn't irritate my stomach whatsoever. This is a good thing because when I started taking Hydroxycut (a long time ago lol) I initially had some minor stomach pains.

I am very sensitive and aware of anything I put in my body (even aspirin) and within 2-3 hours of taking my first dose I had a feeling of well being developing, which is nice. I believe the mood optimizers are kicking in already, this is a great thing.

At about 5:30 PM I took my second dose for the day. Nothing major as of yet (i.e. no sweating, constant urinating, etc.). But my good mood continued throughout the rest of the evening and I had slightly more energy than normal, with no noticeable increase in heartbeat.

I will post more tomorrow and let everyone know how my sleeping went, etc.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
IN for the dark knight log good luck mate.

Thanks for the support UK. Glad to have you along for the ride.

Subbed, good luck!

Thanks a lot Moose, I am going to need all the luck I can get:)

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
DAY 2 - BBS PHOENIX - LET THE TRANSFORMATION BEGIN

DAY - 2 - FROM WANNABEBATMAN TO BATMAN - THE JOURNEY CONTINUES

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

----SUPPLEMENTS----​

On my first post yesterday I forgot to mention the supplements I am currently taking simultaneously with Phoenix. So without further ado here it is:

ANIMAL PAK (multi-vitamin)
ON Hydrolyzed Whey Protein
ON Casein Protein
ANIMAL OMEGA (Essential Fatty Acids)
ANIMAL FLEX (Joint Relief)
UNI-LIVER (Desiccated Bovine Liver, great source of Aminos)
BULK BCAA's (Nutra Planet blend of course:147:)
ARGININE TABS (Generic)
Generic Bulk Create Ethyl Ester (CEE) - (CEE doesn't make me bloated like Creatine Monohydrate and I've had good luck in the past using creatine while trying to recomp, it definitely helps my recovery time and eventually my strength levels rise as well)
ZMA Tabs (Helps to boost/stabilize my testosterone levels)

MISCELLANEOUS NOTES

----Sleeping----​

As I stated previously yesterday I wanted to comment on my reaction to Phoenix during sleep or lack of. Occasionally diets pills give you the jitters or some other type of excessive energy and make sleep nearly impossible. This however was not the case with Phoenix. I took my last dose yesterday around 5:30 PM and went to sleep fairly late and didn't suffer from any fat burner induced sides like insomnia, the jitters, the shakes, etc. In fact the mood optimizers in Phoenix coupled with my ZMA tabs (3 tabs before I hit the sack) made for a very pleasant sleeping experience. ZMA usually puts me into a very deep and relaxing sleep, this coupled with Phoenix produced a synergistic effect and I had a great sleep with absolutely no problem falling asleep.

----Water Intake----​

When taking any type of fat burner it is necessary (typically) to increase the amount of water you consume (common sense, right?). During my first day I drank about 1.5 gallons, but today I stepped it up to about 2.5 gallons because I lifted today and because I had a bit of cotton mouth (dryness) as soon as I woke up, and continuously throughout the day. I really sweated my a$$ of during my lifting session, which is a good thing. I lift in a dank basement with a variety of ghetto rigged lifting devices (i.e. homemade squat posts, lat machine, etc.)

----Hodge Podge----

-My mood remained positive and I had a nice feeling of well being throughout the entire day.

-I had a slight increase in heart rate, but nothing uncomfortable. No palpitations or anything like that.

-I will post before and after photos at the end of my log so that its easier to gauge. And so I don't get to discourage from looking at my slight gut :happysad:

Weight Lifting Routine Information​

----Weight Lifting Days Explanation----​
Firstly I change my lifting routine every 3 weeks, to promote muscle confusion and prevent plateauing. On Tuesday I start with my biceps (general mid-upper arms) and back. Thursday is currently my chest and triceps. And Saturday is my leg and shoulder (some lower back on compound moves) day. Some people might not like the idea of me combining my legs and shoulders in the same day, but I've done it before and have had some nice results from it, in fact when I ran my first PH that combination worked great on my quadriceps and I really had some nice muscular development in my lower legs as well, so I figured I give it another go.

----HIIT Explanation/Routine----​

Conversely Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday are cardio days. I usually do HIIT to reduce muscle loss and because who the h*ll want's to do 30 minutes and up of cardio in one sitting? Not this guy! I also cycle between doing 2 HIIT a day on Mondays and Fridays (meaning one week I will do 2 sessions on Monday, then the next week on Friday, and so on). I switch up my HIIT training every 2 weeks, just to keep my body guessing and to push it my body to the breaking point.

Currently I am 20 minutes of HIIT per sitting. Here's what I do: 3-5 minutes of warm up, very slowly progressing to raise my heart rate to 65%-70% then I begin my HIIT by jogging for about 1 minute, then I run for 1 minute as fast as I can, then 30 good mornings (blah) and then 50 jumping jacks, then repeat. This usually get's me sweating my ass of. It should be noted that I had to work late yesterday and I didn't get a chance to do my HIIT training. So I will be making up for it by incorporating my HIIT into a weight lifting day this week (most likely this Thursday, Monday was also supposed to be my 2 HIIT day so Thursday should be a ton of fun:18:).

----TUESDAY'S LIFTING ROUTINE----​

BARBELL CURL @ 100 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

TRADITIONAL DEADLIFTS @ 260 LBS @ 10, 10, 12 REPS

HAMMER CURLS @ 65 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

WEIGHTED SUPINE ROWS @ 40 LBS @ 8, 8, 8, REPS

CONCENTRATION CURLS @ 55 LBS @ 8, 8, 8 REPS

BARBELL BENT-OVER ROW @ 110 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

WEIGHT PULLS UPS @ 35 LBS @ 8, 8, 8 REPS

LEVER T-BAR ROW (Homemade of course:) @ 150 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

BARBELL REVERSE CURL @ 90 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

BARBELL WRIST CURL @ 45 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

DUMBELL LYING ROW @ 55 LBS EACH ARM @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

----Additional Work out Notes/ Bodily Response to Phoenix----​

I should state that I took my first dose of Phoenix at 8:30 AM. And experienced no unpleasant sides. I did find myself urinating slightly more then usual, but this is typical of fat burners probably stemming from the fact that I am consuming a higher than normal volume of water. Remember no matter what fat burner you are using always consume more water then normal to prevent dehydration.

I should also say that my body likes high volume (responds to it well) that's why my workout might seem a bit long. Typically my workouts run about 45-50 minutes (never over an hour) to keep my natural testosterone levels from dropping.

Today I noticed that I experienced a lot more sweating then I usually do during my routines. This is a good thing because it means I am burning off more calories and hopefully burning off some fatty tissue stores. I worked out around 6 PM and took my second dose of Phoenix at 5:30 PM (I like to keep my supplement taking regimented). I also needed a lot more water during this work out, more so then I typically do. But on a good note I didn't experience any dizziness, nausea, or stomach cramps. Some fat burners tend to produce these symptoms but as of late Phoenix has not, and I am liking it a lot! Also I felt a lot more energized after my workout than I usually do (i.e. I wasn't completely drained like normal).

My improved feeling of well being has remained constant throughout the day. It's a side that I don't mind having at all.

My weight today is 179.6 LBS, a slight drop since yesterday, but this is not a bad thing. All my musculature measurements are the same, so I haven't lost any muscle with my slight weight decrease. Phoenix apparently has ingredients that prevent muscle loss and promote weight loss, another great thing! So it was probably all water weight lost, most likely from my frequent urinating.

I will post more tomorrow. Please let me know if anyone want's to know any specific information.

Best,
WB

UKStrength

Nice first update mate! :D

Interesting point on the frequent toilet breaks, ephedrine-derivatives commonly cause an increase in diuresis, it's nothing to worry about but definitely keep that water intake high.

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Most definitely will my friend. Every fat burner I've tried has made me whiz like a fiend. LoL. Phoenix also has Chromium Picolinate in it, I'm hoping that this coupled with a ephedrine-derivative will yield some nice results. Time will tell I guess.

Best,
WB

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
alrighty then bought time

Thanks Fit. Had to nurse myself back to health, didn't want to push it like I've done in the past and mess something up (injury myself again haha).

Best,
WB

IMMoose

IMMoose

Awards
DAY - 2 - FROM WANNABEBATMAN TO BATMAN - THE JOURNEY CONTINUES

I lift in a dank basement with a variety of ghetto rigged lifting devices (i.e. homemade squat posts, lat machine, etc.)
You workout in the Bat Cave?

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
You workout in the Bat Cave?

LOL That made me spit up some of my whey shake. I didn't even realize the similarity, apparently my obsession with batman is spilling over into all things I do and say lol. Yes I am the batman.

Seriously I work out in cellar/basement of a 110 year old Amish farmhouse. The floors rise and decline randomly, the ceilings are held together with what can only be described as lincoln logs, and the walls are made out of various amalgams of strange materials. Not to mention that there is a old horse and pig pen down there as well. So batman's got nothing on me haha.

Best,
WB

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Lol, all you need now is a fireman's pole down to your 'cave' and a red telephone and you're sorted mate!

LOL! Red telephone check, fireman's pole that's going to take some fancy maneuvering but its definitely a possibility.

----Phoenix Summary----

I didn't get a chance to update last night, as I've been working late with the new boring computer job and all. So I will do a double post, summarizing the effects of Phoenix with my HIIT on Wednesday and my lifting session today.

----Wednesday Day 3 Phoenix Summary----

I started out the day by waking and taking my Phoenix supplement around 8:30 AM. I had no problem sleeping the night before, which is great. No tossing or turning. Though I did wake up several times to urinate during the night. But this is perfectly typical of fat burners coupled with high water intake.

Today starting weight was: 178.8, a slight decrease. But it seems to be all fat, I haven't lost any density or size off my muscles measurements. And my gut feels a little thinner, and more toned. I have a strange body type I wear a size 28 - 30 waist line depending on the clothing manufacturer I guess, but I have a gut? Does this seem strange to anyone else? Gotta love being an endomorph....

On another note, my mood was great all day, and I had a very positive attitude throughout the day. Also when I woke up I was ready to roll and didn't drag ass, so the extra energy is a plus. I also felt more invigorated all day, Phoenix seems to be having a compound progressing effect (like any supplement you take really) in that I am having a lot more energy then normal as I take the pill longer and I am more motivated, especially during my workouts.

Also today I noticed for the first time that my appetite is slightly suppressed; nothing extreme, just didn't feeling like eating as much as I regularly do (still eating my 3500 calories though you can bet your ass on that). The appetite suppression didn't cause any stomach pains like some other brands have for me (cough cough Hydroxycut).

I popped my second dose at 6:30 PM and then began my HIIT shortly after. See below for more information on my session.

----HIIT Session----

I did my current bi-weekly cyclic HIIT session (warm up, 1 minute jogging, 1 minute sprinting/running as fast as I can go, 30 good mornings and 50 jumping jacks, repeat for 20 minutes). The session went well, and like I previously experienced I sweated more and needed more water then normal during the session, but once again this is completely normal. On a side note I had a lot more energy during and after my HIIT session and wasn't drained. It's a nice feeling, it doesn't feel like the typical energy boost you would get from a stimulant, with its ups and downs, high and lows, crashes and burns lol.

----Thursday Day 4 Phoenix Summary----

Did my usual routine woke up, took my Phoenix at 8:30 AM, then ate, then took the rest of my supplements (multivitamin, fish oil, etc.). I also take Phoenix about 15 minutes before eating, just so the appetite suppression kicks in a bit and I still get that energy boost, even though pills usually digest better and more rapidly with food in the system. I actually didn't wake up at all during the night, slept like a baby, no bathroom breaks last night, which is a welcomed relief. I didn't drink as much water prior to sleeping, but still maintained my 2-3 gallons per day just spread more evenly throughout the day, this seemed to do the trick. Also my starting weight today was 178.5, once again only a slight decrease, which is good I don't want to lose to much mass to quickly, I am looking to recomp more then cut. Well cutting my gut would be nice:) but that's part of a recomp really.

I also still felt very invigorated throughout the entire day, even at dreary work. I even felt a bit euphoric in the morning but this faded by the afternoon. To paraphrase my good mood lasted throughout out the day, and into the evening (so far).

My decreased appetite was about the same as it was yesterday, but I still managed to eat within my range(so far my days not over yet lol), it isn't so bad that I have to force myself to eat or anything like that, I'm just not as hungry as usual.

----Weight Lifting Session----

Today was my Chest and Tricep workout day.

Here's a brief rundown of my current routine:

Standard Bench Press @ 215 lbs @ 8, 8, 8 REPS

Close Grip Bench Press @ 150 lbs @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

Incline Bench Press @ 200 lbs @ 8, 8, 8 REPS

Skull Crushers @ 70 lbs @ 6, 6, 8 REPS

Dumbell Bench Press @ 70 lbs ea @ 8, 10, 10 REPS

Weighted Tricep Dips @ 45 lbs @ 8, 8, 8 REPS

Dumbel Flys @ 70 ea @ 8, 10, 10 REPS

One Arm Tricep Extension @ 70 lbs @ 6, 6, 8 REPS

Decline Push Ups (HIGH DECLINE, FACE TO THE GROUND) @ 15, 15, 15, REPS

The workout was good, I had good energy during the entire workout, wasn't draggin ass towards the end. I was sweating profusely though, and I had to consume a ton more water then usual. In fact I had to leave my ghetto rigged batcave and get more water, I really should have had Alfred run it to me lol...

And now I am here posting my log. I will update tomorrow and let everyone know how my late night HIIT session went, etc..

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
nice updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you will notice more appetite suppression as time goes on to.

0verc0m3

0verc0m3

Better Body Sports Rep
Awards
nice updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you will notice more appetite suppression as time goes on to.
Yep, the effects of Phoenix kept getting better and better right up until the end for me!

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
FIT & OVER:

I definitely agree with you guys about the appetite suppression it's kicked in a bit more, but it's not to over powering.

Sorry about not updating for a day or so, I live in the boonies in Amish country and we lost service for a 1 1/2 days, gotta love it.

I've decided to group my log days together, to make it a little more readable (time wise lol).

----Phoenix Summary (last several days)----

By about Day 5, the appetite suppression kicked in full swing and I am definitely feeling it now on day 7. This is most definitely an excellent product for cutting. I've been debating on switching the main focus of my goal from recomping to cutting down some extra body fat. I've decided to put a larger emphasis on cutting, since I have the proper tool for it (i.e. Phoenix:). Like I had said previously I have some deep seated subcutaneous adipose (fatty) tissue located in my lower abdominal region, the rest of my body is pretty much fat free, my current goal will now be eliminating this fat region with more abdominal exercises, cardio and 100% clean foods, coupled with Phoenix this should be a feasible goal. Also I will be doing so in a fashion to maintain as much muscle as possible. I've also cut my caloric intake down from 3500 per day to about 3000, keeping my protein intake the same, if not slightly higher.

It should be noted that on Day 4, my HIIT session went great, had lots of energy, and focus and felt good doing it at the same time. As stated previously I sweated a lot more then usual and consumed a lot of water to make up for it. Did my current HIIT cycle stated above.

Day 5 started out good, took Phoenix upon waking (8:30 AM), and I had no trouble sleeping the night before. Slowing down on my water consumption before sleeping has definitely alleviated this issue. On an additional note I wasn't nearly as worn down as I typically would be the day after doing a lifting session and an HIIT session (in the same day), which is nice. Also by this time I have still not detected any measurable decrease in muscle mass, which again is great:) Not to much of a noticeable change in weight, mainly because up until now I was keeping my calories high. A 500 calorie deficit like I've implemented should help my slim down my stomach and tone the rest of my body.

Day 6 was my lower body (calves, quads, etc.) and shoulder (general area/upper back somewhat) day. A lot of people think that this type of routine is a strange pairing of exercises but its worked remarkably well for me in the past and almost feels like I am doing a full body routine, which is a nice change.

Here's a break down of my current lower body/shoulder lifting routine:

Standard Squats (ATG) @ 260 LBS @ 12, 10, 12 REPS

Traditional Shrugs @ 80 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

Standing Calf Raise @ 90 LBS @ 8, 10, 12 REPS

Military Press @ 125 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

Barbell Front Squat @ 240 LBS @ 8, 10, 12 REPS

Hack Squat @ 150 LBS @ 8, 8, 8 REPS (NEW EXERCISE FOR ME, BUILDING UP MY TOLERANCE SLOWLY LOL)

Barbell Good Morning @ 125 LBS @ 8, 8, 8, REPS

Arnold Press @ 80 LBS @ 8, 10, 12 REPS

Leg Press @ 750 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

----Exercise Summary----

The routine went well, I wasn't nearly as fatigued as usual. I sweated a lot, which is a good sign, meaning I'm burning more calories. I kept my water intake high and didn't experience any nausea, dizziness or anything like that. No erratic heartbeat either, this is a good thing, stimulants occasionally do this to me.

My good mood has continued since I've begun taking Phoenix. Also I've had more energy at work and during my work outs. I have yet to experience any type of burn out.

I've also decided to start taking my Phoenix in the A.M. and the P.M. @ 2 pills per sitting, rather then my previous 1 pill per sitting. Hopefully this will create a stronger, thermogenic effect. I will incidentally be kicking my water intake up another notch, especially around my pill taking times (usually 8:30 AM & 5:30 PM) to account for a higher rate of water loss. Only a slight decrease in weight. Again I slept like a baby....Phoenix and ZMA seem to work well together.

Day 7 was a great day, I am currently down to 176.9 LBS (I experienced a greater degree of weight loss the night previously I assume). Most of the fat I am losing seems to be from my abdominal region, just as I planned. I did experience a loss of about 1/16 of an inch from my right bicep, but this is normal and 1/16 of an inch is nothing to be concerned about. My fat lost to muscle lost ratio is great. Usually when I start dropping weight I loss a lot of muscle, doesn't seem to be the case this time!!! Thanks Phoenix!!!

It should be noted that my appetite suppression has kicked in a lot more since I've began popping 2 pills at a time. This is making my 500 calorie deficit a breeze! Haven't been craving food like I usually do during a cut.

I did my standard HIIT today. I actually sweated more then I have previously, most likely because of my increase in 2 pills per sitting and because I downed my 2 pills of Phoenix at 5:30 PM and began my HIIT at about 5:50 PM. Also I required a little bit more water during this session but nothing to Write home about.

My good mood continued all day and I enjoyed a night of deep sleep. It should be noted that my energy levels have continued to be very high and I haven't experience any type of burning out or let down from it.

I will write more in the next day or so more about Day 7/8 and beyond....

Thanks for reading.

UKStrength

I'm going to catch you on those ATG squats mate! (up to 107.5kg for 7 reps) Looking strong ;)

Appetite is such an issue with me when cutting, I'd say it's half the battle for most people so I'm glad Phoenix seems to be doing the job!

0verc0m3

0verc0m3

Better Body Sports Rep
Awards
LOL at the Amish country.
I would normally be worried about offending them but they won't be checking a computer anytime soon :p

And yeah, appetite is definitely half the battle!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
In bro, good luck, but is this really your target?

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
UK Said:

I'm going to catch you on those ATG squats mate! (up to 107.5kg for 7 reps) Looking strong

------Thanks man, I've always had decent luck with squats for my size, my lower body has always been a strong area for me....I've always been able to continue to add weight to my lifts even during a cut phase, my reps usually aren't as high but I can pack on the poundage.------

Appetite is such an issue with me when cutting, I'd say it's half the battle for most people so I'm glad Phoenix seems to be doing the job!

------Not so much with me, I can drop weight quickly but usually at the sacrifice of muscle, this hasn't been the case so far, thanks to Phoenix couple with lots of BCAA's I believe. But it definitely a strong product, I have been getting killed with work overload so I am not going to be able to update until this evening (its 4:24 AM here right now and I gotta be outta here by 4:40 to be at work at 5:00 (5am-6pm) blah going to be a long day, but I am down to 175.1 lbs, with no noticeable loss of muscle yet.------

0verc0m3 Said:

LOL at the Amish country.
I would normally be worried about offending them but they won't be checking a computer anytime soon

------LMAO it's so very true my friend. Although I wouldn't be surprised if some Amish do have computer hidden in their barns. A lot of them keep phones in the barn for emergencies (so they say lol). But I've met a few with large wall televisions and the like, a lot of times out side in there barns. The Amish "shun" electricity, but sometimes they only apply this to there houses I guess. An Amish guy is painting a friend of mines house for very cheap; he's 77 years old, doesn't wear shoes, and paints at warp speed for a man his age (hell for a man my age) and has a barn phone number.------

Zero:

Thanks for joining in man. I was thinking it's either the fat bat or this:

Fat deadpool image by resmonder on Photobucket

For some reason my computers not letting me link photos, but check it out....:mischievous:

Figured batsy gets more ladies:)

I WILL PUT A LARGE UPDATE UP TONIGHT!

THANKS FOR VIEWING,
WB

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards

----DAY 8 UPDATE----

----Supplementary Notes----

Day 8 started out great, Phoenix was really starting to quick in. I started out the day by taking my regular 2 pills @ 8:30 AM prior to my first meal and the appetite suppression worked wonders. Even with my reduced caloric intake (i.e. 3000 calories rather then 3500 calories) I didn't feel to much hunger, it was out sight outta mind I guess:)

Also I woke up feeling invigorated, I was (still am) bustling with extra energy and haven't suffered from any type of lethargy, this is surprising considering my high volumes work outs and tedious HIIT sessions. So to paraphrase Phoenix is working great in that regard. No problem sleeping still, which is great, I think it took my body a day or two to get adjusted to the pills, that coupled with a decreased water intake prior to bed seems to have stopped me from waking up at night to use the bathroom.

Day 8's starting weight was 176.3 lbs, a nice drop in weight from the previous day, but no more noticeable decrease in muscle mass. My stomach is starting to thin out, I wish fat loss spot reduction was possible!!! LOL! So the weight loss train is progressing at a great speed, not to quick not to slow, its just right as of late.

----DAY 8 - LIFTING SESSION INFORMATION----

Day 8 was my biceps (general arms, no triceps except through ancillary compound movements) & back day.

This is my workout:

BARBELL CURL @ 105 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

TRADITIONAL DEADLIFTS @ 270 LBS @ 10, 10, 12 REPS

HAMMER CURLS @ 65 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

WEIGHTED SUPINE ROWS @ 40 LBS @ 8, 8, 8, REPS

CONCENTRATION CURLS @ 55 LBS @ 8, 8, 8 REPS

BARBELL BENT-OVER ROW @ 110 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

WEIGHT PULLS UPS @ 35 LBS @ 8, 8, 8 REPS

LEVER T-BAR ROW (Homemade of course:) @ 150 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

BARBELL REVERSE CURL @ 90 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

BARBELL WRIST CURL @ 45 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

DUMBELL LYING ROW @ 55 LBS EACH ARM @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

Workout Notes:

Even with my decreased caloric intake and general cutting phase I've been able to add 5 lbs to my barbell curl, and 10 lbs to my deadlifts. This is great, I sweated intensely during the workout, like usual and required more water. I've realized that I have more "cotton mouth" then usual, but this is pretty standard with any type of fat burner, this is probably the most mild form of thermogenic induced "cotton mouth" I've ever experienced.

Day 8 ended great as well. I slept like a baby.

----DAY 9 UPDATE----

Day 9 went great, no noticeable change really from day 8. My appetite is down, and energy is up. No jitters, or burnouts, etc. which is great. Just a bit of cotton mouth, I am taking in a ton of water to combat this. But this is pretty standard.

Day 9's starting weight was 176.4 lbs, this is a slight increase but this might be due to my 6 hours of sleep (I usually get 7-9 hours and I tend to keep weight unless I get 7-9 hours, strange I know) and my increased water intake. It should be noted that at this time I am still looking leaner and more toned then I normally do. So it's all good. I also slept like a baby once again :147: at the end of Day 9 and boy was I tired lol see below for an explanation of that

----DAY 9 - HIIT SESSION INFORMATION----

On Day 9 I deiced to up my HIIT sessions for the day and do 2 different sessions. One in the morning prior to work and one after my dinner time meal.

The morning HIIT consisted of the traditional program I've been running, consisting of sprinting, jogging, good mornings, etc. and my evening time session consisted of 100 meter sprints x (times) 20 with a 20 second break between each pause. This kicked my ass. But I must say my energy levels were still very high, considering my high volume lifting on Day 8 and my A.M. HIIT session. Also usually when I double up on HIIT it usually kills my muscles and I get joint pains and the like, haven't really experience any of that, another perk!

I will post more tomorrow, and it will be a bit more detailed. Please let me know if anyone has any questions, comments or want's to know anything specific.

Take Care,
WB

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

Zero:

Thanks for joining in man. I was thinking it's either the fat bat or this:

Fat deadpool image by resmonder on Photobucket

For some reason my computers not letting me link photos, but check it out....:mischievous:

Figured batsy gets more ladies:)

I WILL PUT A LARGE UPDATE UP TONIGHT!

THANKS FOR VIEWING,
WB

Hey now, lay off deadpool, thats my alter ego lol. Deadpool could take the batman any day :mischievous:

nice new log update also, HIIT cardio is always fun. Especially 2 times a day lol

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great news adding weight to some movements while cutting ;)

0verc0m3

0verc0m3

Better Body Sports Rep
Awards
I find sleeping to be kind of tough while cutting, but I'm glad it's working out for you!

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
I find sleeping to be kind of tough while cutting, but I'm glad it's working out for you!

I occasionally feel the same way bro, but it hasn't been an issue this cut, I am going to have to thank you guys (i.e. the bringers of Phoenix:) for that, ZMA has also been working very well. Listen to UK's advice on the IGF-2. It has helped me a lot in the past.

I agree with UK IGF-2 has made me sleep like a baby every time I've taken it. I've read that its great for hair growth as well (a nice thing for us aging men:)

Thanks for the compliments Fit! I never really have a problem adding a small amount to my lifts while on a cut, but like I said my reps do suffer. I am enjoying how Phoenix takes into consideration that losing weight causes the body to go through some tough and hectic changes that actually can end up causing more harm then good. Adding Ginka Biloba, Bee Pollen, and Cats Claw is a great step promote immune and free anti-oxidant levels!

----DAY 10 UPDATE----

Sleep like baby once again:) Which is great! The good sleep I am getting is helping my body recover, although I did wake up and feel sore from all the cardio I did yesterday. To guage it I didn't feel as sore as I should of, if you know what I mean:) My appetite suppression is still progressing nicely, and I've decided to cut my caloric intake down by another 200 calories, so its now at 3000 calories per day, I am going to wait until day 11 to implement the changes.

My weight dropped to 175.1 lbs today, which is great, my arms are starting to look more defined and my chest is getting that tightly shredded look! Still haven't noticed any decrease in muscle mass, which is also great!

----DAY 10 - LIFTING SESSION INFORMATION----

Today was chest day, here's my routine, it should be noted that my bench press went up 5 lbs, lets hope that with my calorie cut starting tomorrow that I can still keep up the momentum and keeps the weights moving up slightly. Notice also that my rep count went down a bit on my bench press, but this is very normal for me.

Standard Bench Press @ 220 lbs @ 8, 6, 5 REPS

Close Grip Bench Press @ 150 lbs @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

Incline Bench Press @ 200 lbs @ 8, 8, 8 REPS

Skull Crushers @ 70 lbs @ 6, 6, 8 REPS

Dumbell Bench Press @ 70 lbs ea @ 8, 10, 10 REPS

Weighted Tricep Dips @ 45 lbs @ 8, 8, 8 REPS

Dumbel Flys @ 70 ea @ 8, 10, 10 REPS

One Arm Tricep Extension @ 70 lbs @ 6, 6, 8 REPS

Decline Push Ups (HIGH DECLINE, FACE TO THE GROUND) @ 15, 15, 15, REPS

Overall the work out was good, wasn't nearly as sore as I figured I would be. Like usual I drank water like a horse, and think I downed probably about 1 & 3/4 gallons this session. I sweated terribly as well, but this means I'm burning the calories! Also I wasn't as tired as I was during my last workout session (arms and back, etc.).

The added energy that Phoenix's gives has been great as well! It helping me burn my way through my workouts (literally). I've never experienced the heating effect so greatly while on a thermogenic supplement, its nothing uncomfortable, it's just there! At least I know its work! And so far its been giving me the edge in my war on fat loss!

-----Side Note-----

As a side not I am beyond day 10 (by several days actually). What I usually do is write down my log on regular paper then post updates onto the computer, time willing. I've been working like crazy so my time is very limited lately (hopefully not for to long). But I will post day 11 in the next day or so. Thanks for reading!

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Oh and by the way Zero V:

Not only could Batman take Deadpool, so could Robin;-) HaHaHa......

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Oh and by the way Zero V:

Not only could Batman take Deadpool, so could Robin;-) HaHaHa......
how many times has either of them been decapitated and came back alive? I mean deadpool had a fling with the celestial body of death, batman can only get super models ^.^

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
UK Said:

Lol, I don't anything could re-grow my barnet! It'll be implants for me if I can ever afford it.

-----I am going to be right with you in the implant line in a few years my friend, especially if I keep taking all these anabolics lol, I am prone to MBP, which sucks!!! Well what the hell you going to do?-----

ZERO Said:

how many times has either of them been decapitated and came back alive? I mean deadpool had a fling with the celestial body of death, batman can only get super models ^.^

----True. Dammit its all true! Batman's been killed several times:) I believe that DC actually just killed off Bruce Wayne, permanently and some else has taken up the Batman mantle(again), but who knows.....

What's wrong with supermodels, I'd rather date a supermodel then the personification of Death lol scary:).....hahaha----

----DAY 11 UPDATE----

Everything's seems to be progressing nicely. Generally I still seem to be leaning out more, mainly in my abdominal region, the only area on my body where I actually seem to have any fat left lol. Its slowly but surely dissipating.

I slept great on day 10 into day 11. No disturbances. Though I did wake up in the morning rather sweaty, I am going to have to blame this on the humid heat and perhaps because I dosed my Phoenix a little later then usual, didn't cause any problem sleeping, so this is a good thing.

My appetite suppression seems to be kicking in full force, I am actually having to force my self to eat. I've decided to cut my calories down by a further 300 per day, bringing my daily grand total up to 2800 rather then 3000 calories. Go big or go home is my philosophy;-) I won't be making any more changes to my caloric intake for at least another 5 days, so my body gets used to the already 700 calorie deficit I've been following.

----DAY 11 - HIIT SESSION INFORMATION----

Day 11 was HIIT day. I deiced to run two sessions again, trying to get as lean as I possibly can, its not fun but somebodies gotta do it!

Day 11's HIIT routine consisted of my standard warm, jog, sprint, good morning , jumping jack session. I ran this both sessions for 15 minutes each; rather then 20 minutes each (my usual HIIT times). I figured with my increased volume I could shave 10 minutes off my grand total and still feel a nice cardio burn (which I did)...

Some additional HIIT notes: Still sweating a lot more during my cardio and having to increase water intake to stay hydrated. I haven't felt light headed or experienced any nauseas, etc. during cardio. I've felt thee effects before on other thermogenics coupled with a calorie deficit diet, but not with Phoenix, another perk!

----Additional Misc. Notes----

My energy is still skyrocketing, with no apparent burn out in sight. I have been waking up energized, motivated and ready to roll. My increased feeling of well being and good mood has been steady throughout as well. No emotional/mental back and fourth that sometimes accompany "mood enhancers/diet pills".

Like I said before appetite suppression seems to be increasing daily. I find myself pushing to eat my 2800 calories. I will probably cut down another 200-300 calories per day next week sometime.

I will post day 12 tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
----DAY 12 UPDATE----

Everything's going great, no real changes to state, other then my massive weight loss:) I am currently down to 172 my constant cardio and decreased calorie diet alongside Phoenix has yielded some nice results thus far.

I am still carrying a bit of weight around in my stomach, but hope to lose it, soon. I haven't lost to much in the way of muscle mass, but I am feeling and looking leaner. My biceps and triceps are looking way more defined, as is my upper chest.

Haven't had any desire to compensate because of lack of food. No cravings, crashes or anything of the like. Appetite suppression is in full swing and I am loving it!

No problem sleeping. I am still waking up rested and full of energy, albeit a bit sore. But that's normal whilst being on a reduced caloric intake.

----DAY 12 - LIFTING SESSION INFORMATION----

Standard Squats (ATG) @ 260 LBS @ 12, 10, 12 REPS

Traditional Shrugs @ 80 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

Standing Calf Raise @ 90 LBS @ 8, 10, 12 REPS

Military Press @ 125 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

Barbell Front Squat @ 240 LBS @ 8, 10, 12 REPS

Hack Squat @ 150 LBS @ 8, 8, 8 REPS (NEW EXERCISE FOR ME, BUILDING UP MY TOLERANCE SLOWLY LOL)

Barbell Good Morning @ 125 LBS @ 8, 8, 8, REPS

Arnold Press @ 80 LBS @ 8, 10, 12 REPS

Leg Press @ 750 LBS @ 8, 8, 10 REPS

----Misc. Notes----

I sweated like crazy during this session, and really felt the pump in my legs. I almost felt like I was running a cardio session lol! Consumed a ton of water and BCCA's. I've noticed that the BCAA's make me a bit dehydrated as well it seems, or at least added to it synergisticly.

I feel great after working out, but a little sore when sleeping time comes around, again this is normal during reduced calories coupled with bodily repair/recovery.

I'm still feeling great (mentally and physically) during my lifting sessions; full of energy, piss and vinegar....

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sounds as if things are moving along well. maybe a updated pic would be nice :D Im glad you are having no trouble sleeping ! Keep sweating and pushing it !

0verc0m3

0verc0m3

Better Body Sports Rep
Awards
Phoenix always makes me sweat like crazy too!
Nothing wrong with some "swass" in the gym :p

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Down and out with the flu... Out of work and taking a break for a few days, I will update when I am not feeling like I am dying lol.

Also taking small break from anything until my body recovers.

Thanks for reading,
WB

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Down and out with the flu... Out of work and taking a break for a few days, I will update when I am not feeling like I am dying lol.

Also taking small break from anything until my body recovers.

Thanks for reading,
WB

Oh man get as much rest as you can !!!!! Wishing you a fast recovery :)

UKStrength

Sad times mate, wishing you a speedy recovery! Try to get the calories in even though you're sick.

0verc0m3

0verc0m3

Better Body Sports Rep
Awards
Definitely a good idea to rest up, as opposed to working through it.
Smart choices! We'll hear from you soon hopefully.