Wanna get on TRT

Tydollas91

Awards
I'm 32 my levels 390 I feel like I could definitely benefit from the shot what do I have to do to get it im ready to make a lifelong commitment to it lifting weights and being competitive is my life not sure if a doctor will give it to me:/

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You'll probably get more responses if posted in the Anabolic section but 390 at 32 I don't think they're jump straight to TRT. It would probably need to be lower than that for them to consider it.

Robplumm

Awards
390 insurance won't pay...but you should be able to go through men's clinics and pay out of pocket.

If you square away the things mentioned in here, you'll probably end up around 500, maybe 600. Is that high enough for YOU? Maybe, maybe not.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Also, what are your symptoms? Just because your test is lower than you’d like doesn’t mean you are suffering from low T and need TRT.

Did you get your estrogen, prolactin, DHEA, LH etc all tested? If one of those is off you are able to treat that without going on TRT. Symptoms can be related to the above, like loss of libido, brain fog, fat gain, etc.

It would be better if you posted your full blood panel if you’re looking for help.

Supplements that can help with other blood markers;

Low DHEA : XPG DHEA-50
High estrogen : SNS inhibit-e
High prolactin : SNS inhibit-p
Libido , free test & total test boost : CEL M-Test

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
At 32 i do think you are very capable of making that decision. I would make a few atttempts at Raising it naturally or even doing a restart with hcg and a serm. But 390 is 80 year old man test levels. My dad is 71 and a heavy drinker and hes in the 400's, at least he was 4 years ago. So 67 and 400's vs. 32 and 300's

Is your primary dr close/cool and reasonable with you?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Even the "natty range" is bullshit. 250 -1100 or whatever. You can naturally be much higher then that range and the lower half Of the range is rediculous
At 32 i do think you are very capable of making that decision. I would make a few atttempts at Raising it naturally or even doing a restart with hcg and a serm. But 390 is 80 year old man test levels. My dad is 71 and a heavy drinker and hes in the 400's, at least he was 4 years ago. So 67 and 400's vs. 32 and 300's

Is your primary dr close/cool and reasonable with you?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have you cut out smoking/alcohol, balanced diet, 8 hours sleep, a clinically dosed multi vitamin?

I would do absolutely everything you can do to increase your test naturally before committing to trt
This and Josh's second comment are really good advice. There are plenty of things you can do both in lifestyle and supplementation to try and feel better (depending on your symptoms) before needing to hop on.

I'd also caution letting the numbers get into your head, plenty of people can live happy and gain-filled lives at different levels, and hopping on TRT isn't just a magic bullet that will automatically fix your issues (again depending on what they even are) if other underlying factors aren't being worked on.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I thought TRT was gonna do all kinds of things for me. All I got was fatter cause it raised my estrogen. This was a wake up call to do the things mentioned above. TRT and a half ass lifestyle won't amount to anything. A little test with a great diet, sleep and low stress can get good results!

Tydollas91

Awards
Have you cut out smoking/alcohol, balanced diet, 8 hours sleep, a clinically dosed multi vitamin?

I would do absolutely everything you can do to increase your test naturally before committing to trt
hell ya man what multivitamin would u recommend

Tydollas91

Awards
390 insurance won't pay...but you should be able to go through men's clinics and pay out of pocket.

If you square away the things mentioned in here, you'll probably end up around 500, maybe 600. Is that high enough for YOU? Maybe, maybe not.
You think I could bring my test up that much naturally ?

Tydollas91

Awards
I thought TRT was gonna do all kinds of things for me. All I got was fatter cause it raised my estrogen. This was a wake up call to do the things mentioned above. TRT and a half ass lifestyle won't amount to anything. A little test with a great diet, sleep and low stress can get good results!
There's estrogen blockers for that bro

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ya no one wants to take an estrogen blocker for life and if you need one on a trt dose, your bodyfat is most likely to high for trt. Toxic medications are not the answer. Even on cycle, use mast and of primo with test. AI’s do a crap job of managing estrogen and are in the dark ages imo.

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
hell ya man what multivitamin would u recommend
Myovite is a pretty well rounded multi that i've started using recently. Has a greens formula in it as well so killing two birds with one stone.

Tydollas91

Awards
Ya no one wants to take an estrogen blocker for life and if you need one on a trt dose, your bodyfat is most likely to high for trt. Toxic medications are not the answer. Even on cycle, use mast and of primo with test. AI’s do a crap job of managing estrogen and are in the dark ages imo.
So bring body fat down thru good diet and
so control body fat levels thru diet would help a lot ? What is mast and of primo ?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are - but many of the prescribed estrogen blockers come with a variety of unwanted side effects as well. And many people have a difficult time finding the dosage that works for them and puts them at the right estrogen level, even under physicians care.

As a company, we get referrals from several HRT clinics for people for Inhibit-E for patients of theirs that cannot get their levels right with the prescribed estrogen blockers.

It's a lot more difficult for some people than others.

You think I could bring my test up that much naturally ?
There are a lot of people that have posted bloodwork of bringing their natural testosterone levels up by that much with a combination of supplements and lifestyle changes.

I have an endocrine condition myself and lifestyle factors plays a huge role in where my levels are when I get bloodwork, and I use M-Test and Optimize-T year round to help my levels. I started on M-Test first and my levels were so much higher that my doctor noticed it in my bloodwork and we experimented - he had me come off of it and did them again, it was back down, had me go back on and they were back up, etc. It improved my total and free testosterone levels substantially.

Then when Optimize-T was released, I wanted to try that but didn't want to stop M-Test to take it so I added it on top of M-Test and my levels went up more over what my normal had been on M-Test.

I get more bloodwork than probably anyone on here because of my condition (I'm not saying that in a bragging sense bc I hate needles and I hate bloodwork), just giving you an idea that I'm very in tune with what causes fluctuations in mine bc of how often I have to get bloodwork.

Some things that negative impact mine are:

Sleep quality bad = lower levels.
Less than 6 hours of sleep per night regularly = lower levels.
Eating like crap for prolonged periods = lower levels.
Gaining much fat = lower levels.

So there are definitely some things you can do to if you want to take a natural approach.

There's been some really good advice in this thread too about how some people think TRT is going to provide results that it isn't. It can if other factors are right for many people, but some people feel worse on it and some people don't find their levels go up nearly as much as they think they will at normal prescribed dosages. I know a lot of people assume libido will go through the roof on TRT and then many find its as low or even lower than before. It's very individually dependent.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Even the "natty range" is bullshit. 250 -1100 or whatever. You can naturally be much higher then that range and the lower half Of the range is rediculous
F*cking right. That’s why I took matters into my own hands. And also probably why my right tit has been quite tender the past few weeks.

Ah well. It’s not the first time and certainly won’t be the last!

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm with you except on the last part about AI's doing a crap job of managing estrogen. I've ran Masteron at 400 mg along with 400-500mg of test and my Estrogen has been triple digits on bloodwork. However, I never had any estrogen related sides and I do like that cycle! If I'm not careful on Exemestane I can easily crash my estrogen.