Unanswered Vitamin d3 possibile damage help please !!

merch

Awards
Hi guys, I wanted to ask you something, I took vitamin D3 powder ( brand : #raw ), reading around I saw the conversion from iu to mg and about a day one should take 25 to a maximum of 150 mcg of vitamin d3, now if I read on label I see written that the maximum well tolerated dosage to use is 100 mg a day, and 25 mg a day is fine, but so we are talking about over 100 times the dosage I read on the internet, the only thing that comes to me from to think is that it is not pure but diluted, but in the ingredients there are written these textual words: 100% vitamin d3 (natural) 100,000 IU, the packaging is 100 grams, I ask you for explanations because I have read that it can lead to serious damage if abused in the long run, I hope someone can help me 'throw it away.
Ps: i have payed 10$ if can help because it seems strange to me, practically with a bag I go on for years, I can't understand, if I go to the sites that sell just that product they write 25 / 100mcg a day, but on the label it's written 25 / 100mg, if it were in mcg then does anyone have any advice for volumetric dilution since I don't know if it dissolves in water?
Sorry for my traductor mode language

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have no answer to your question but if your that worried, there’s cheap enough blood tests you can buy to test your d3 to see if it even mattered.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Normally Vitamin D3 is taken un microgram doses, as you have read. Few people out there can weigh such a small amount out in their kitchen (practically no one). To make the product useable, companies that sell powder compound it so that, say, a 25 mg dose can be weighed and it will likely be 1% or 0.1% or whatever.

The brand you purchased has poor editing on their website and horrible labeling that does not specifiy these things as far as I can see. This lack of detail in a label would make me wonder how much detail they put into making the powder and ensuring it was compounded appropriately. Given the price I would throw it out and just get 10,000 iu pills on amazon. You can find 360 pills for $14. It is certainly easier than weighing out 25 mg of powder.

As far as your health, if you are OK and stopped taking it, I would not worry. I have seen studies with people taki g 600,000 iu at once...not that I would recommend it, but if you have not been doing it for a super long time you are likely fine. If you are worried, get bloodwork as said above.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Can’t understand why you would purchase this I got liquid vitamin d from vitamin shoppe. Like two years worth for $5 lol

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Can’t understand why you would purchase this I got liquid vitamin d from vitamin shoppe. Like two years worth for $5 lol
I was thinking the same thing. It's super cheap and will last you a long time.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
its 100,000IU/gram based on your initial wording

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The fact that you were able to deduce that from the original post makes you a legend in my book...
You could be right about this. He could be a legend. But who here could prove him wrong? He could say anything and act confident about it and I would believe him.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The fact that you were able to deduce that from the original post makes you a legend in my book...
It's just because I've ordered a lot of Vitamin D for IFN in my day.

Here is how I know...OP stated:

100% vitamin d3 (natural) 100,000 IU, the packaging is 100 grams
Vitamin D is always listed/sold by its IU/g designation. Based on this wording, it's obvious (to me) that it's 100,000IU/g, with 100g/package. This means that the entire package contains 10,000,000 IU's.

The OP attempted to do a mg to IU conversion, when it simply doesn't work that way as there can be varying amounts of IU in a mg/g/kg based upon the purity/potency of the given ingredient.

If the OP consumed 100mg, he's going to be just fine as it equates to about 10,000 IU...the same amount I take daily.

Last edited:

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
RIP Vitamin D banned after bodybuilder ods. Died of being too healthy. Healthy living to be a disease threat by weakening adaptogen responses to our environment causing weak willed men on the rise.

Last edited:

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Reminds me of that guy that took a tsp or more of caffeine powder......probably like 20,000 mg.
I could prefer a sublethal dose of vitamin D to a caffeine overdose. Jesus christ that's a lot. Still I wish I had more of Ceretropic's caf liquid it was tropical flavor and had l-acetyl-l-tyrosine in it worked in what just a few minutes after sub admin. But I don't go past 600 mg.