Video games aiding weight loss? playstation move, xbox kinect, wii ?

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Pretty simple question, anyone incorporate any of the newer video games, playstation move, xbox kinect, wii into their training/fitness/weight loss routines? And please for the love of GOD, dont turn this into a mines better than yours discussion about whose console is better, please focus on the adding a gaming system workout to your fitness plan, have ya done it, have ya thought about it, do you know somebody who did it with sucess/failure, etc.

shocknyou

shocknyou

Awards
Can't honestly say I have tried these methods but I have had friends incorporate them into their routines with success as far as weight loss. Also I think it's a great way to get kids more active.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe these systems could be used in this manner quite successfully.I don't know anyone who has tired this but it looks like a fun way to do it.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
well it will occupy your time and hopefully would keep you form over eating at the very least? :)

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the comments and replys, I figured more people would have used these game systems for a little change of pace once in a while, oh well, I will be tossing in a few games from time to time just to keep things fresh.

RawStrength

RawStrength

Awards
Xbox kinect is the best for getting your full body in motion. Hell the free kids game that comes with it has me dripping sweat! The game requires running in place, doing drop downs, jumping over hurdles, jumping from side to side, swinging at things, etc.. I am literally moving all over my basement when I play that game.