Very low blood pressure

Iain1668

Iain1668

Awards
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge/experience when it comes to low blood pressure?

My story in short;

Trained this morning, had to stop as I felt very dizzy and not my norm. Got home - BP 100 over 40 - measured manually by my wife who is a paramedic.

I used 1 scoop of Super Drive pre.

I've been a long time user of stimulant products, i work in the supplement industry which is no excuse but my reason.

I've done ketosis for 2 weeks now and re-introduce some carbs tomorrow.

I plan on a trip to the Docs but was curious if any of you guys had an insight or experience in this position.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Dependance on stims can develop over long periods, tone it back slowly. They increase BP and your body is used to moderating this by decreasing it. My BP is much lower and still going through medical testing to fix it.

If pre workouts are dosed heavily you should tone it down as well, vasodilators like agmatine, nitrates, etc. will lower BP.

Also drink more, a lot more, regardless of how much you drink now. Hydration is key to keep up BP especially when heavily using stimulants which will be pushing fluids out.

Chug a litre of water and retake BP, for me the increase is quite noticeable.

Sodium intake will help as well, add some sauces into meals for an easy fix, snack on pickles, or of course just more salt.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed for doctor exam results. Care to share your age and stats? Is this first time using Super Drive?

Iain1668

Iain1668

Awards
Thanks, that's some good feedback!

I did go through a spell of using C4 on and off and the nitrate content i was aware of it's ability to lower BP. Overall i suspect long term use of pre's is to blame.

thanks

Iain1668

Iain1668

Awards
no worries, i'm going to get my bloods done when i can next go in fasted during the festive period.

I'm 31, 91.5kg, natty.

Just very long term use of caffeinated supplements. I have tried super drive before and yesterday was the 1st time i've tried it in a long time.

Ironically last week i felt similar when training on the international version of Dexaprine (powder with a much different profile, isopropyloctopamine, acacia rig, caffeine)

though yesterday i was super setting deads and the up and down motion got the better of me hence why i pulled the plug on training.

i'll get some feedback and aware the thread of anything worth noting.

thanks

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Updates? OP are you OK?

Iain1668

Iain1668

Awards
BP still around 90 or 100 over 45.

I'm booked in to Dr's where i'll request a full blood. This takes place 1st thing tomorrow (Tuesday) so i'll go in fasted so i can have liver lipids done too.

I will report back with results when i receive them.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
BP still around 90 or 100 over 45.

I'm booked in to Dr's where i'll request a full blood. This takes place 1st thing tomorrow (Tuesday) so i'll go in fasted so i can have liver lipids done too.

I will report back with results when i receive them.
That's not actually terrible BP, in that doctors will only diagnose low BP based on how you feel, some people like myself naturally have lower. At the worst stages of my condition I was averaging 60/30.

I've read that supposedly below 30 means a coma, but I was functioning fine, not even light headed. BP is strange.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Stop taking supps until you get it sorted out.

boomer411

Awards
Same here, I can be my most anxious and my blood pressure will still be low.