-Very Confusing Situation (TRT/PCT/First Cycle) Need Advice-

BigThreeForMe

Awards
First off, let me say I've gathered a great deal of useful information from this site and am happy to finally join. To briefly introduce myself, I'm a serious lifter with over a decade of experience under my belt despite my age, a powerlifter with a near 1500 total, and a certified personal trainer. Quick stats are currently 5'11" 220lbs and 24 years old.

I have a confusing series of circumstances all hitting me simultaneously and need some advice to properly navigate the most effective path through them all.

Despite my age and endocrinologist started me on TRT roughly four months ago after I complained of issues like lethargy/depression/mood swings/difficulty losing weight and my blood work came back with a 330 serum and 9.6 free test level. Trusting his expertise I began a regimen of one 5g Testim gel packet daily, and my past two lab results came back with a 590 and 582 serum test level and free test at the top of the "normal" range for the lab, which my doctor considers a success. For the record, I had never previously experimented with any form of AAS I know of or can remember (unsure if whether when young and dumb I picked something up at *** in the pre-ban days loaded with a PH ex. Animal Stack).

All was well in life, I felt better for weeks, and I continued to progress in the gym ultimately reaching a peak of 228lbs with a 500lb squat, 585lb deadlift and 405lb bench. Life was good and I began preparation for my next meet when I suffered a partial tear of my right pectoral muscle while benching (there's a reason you stop at five sets above 90%!!!).

During initial healing I was unable to lift so began a carb backloading routine with light workouts and cardio to cut bodyfat since I had no use for excess adipose tissue with no powerlifting in my near future. At the same time, I suppose my natural test production bottomed out and that previous wonderful feeling I had on TRT seemed to level out with it. I also grew increasingly annoyed with my endocrinologists arrogance and refusal to test ANYTHING but free/serum testosterone levels.

As I lost size, down to a low of 210lbs but now around 10% bodyfat, I devised a plan for recovery and further progress with the intent of safe, effective and educated AAS use for the first time. I purchased clomiphene, tamoxifen, exemestane, toremifene, and real pharmaceudical HCG first, literally covering any and all options as far as PCT goes. I had also been given a bottle of a superdrol clone by a friend, so then purchased CoQ10, Red Yeast Rice, NAC, Sylimarin, Saw Palmetto, Aged Garlic, Policosanol, Fenugreek, Innate Naturals pure fish oil, and a cholesterol support supplement to cover those bases as well.

With these precautions on hand, and with my discomfort with how my TRT was being handled I devised the following plan:

Heal while running the support supplements for the superdrol, when healed run superdrol to carefully regain some lost mass/strength from injury, use HCG/Tor/Aromasin to come off of both superdrol AND cease TRT simultaneously, allow my body to recover over a few months, run basic cycle of test E/Cyp (500-600mg/week) to boost past previous strength/mass levels and compete in 242 weight class, run similar if not more comprehensive PCT and continue from there properly cycling on/off indefinitely.

So here's where I am in this plan, and wherein I reach my big question. I'm beginning week two of the superdrol, feel great and have gained back to 220 while keeping my bodyfat around the same. Blood pressure is 120/60, no signs of liver stress (I've also been sober for a year beforehand and eat a VERY clean diet), continue to run all support supplements, and havent even experienced the back pump issues or testicular shrinkage yet. Recovery is going VERY well with my chest and the defect has shrunk significantly, and I'm at full strength for nearly all other muscle groups. I'm also still on TRT going on five months with no bloodwork planned for another three months, but still no feedback from my doctor.

Now the big question: Should I finish the superdrol and run PCT coming off the SD and TRT at the same time and wait the few months before a full test cycle, or may I as well stay on TRT for now after superdrol, just run some aromasin/HCG to help reduce sides coming off SD while doing so, and use it as a bridge until the test cycle, ie cruise/blast. I suppose what I'm asking is once I'm shut down, which I'm sure I am, may I just as well stay on TRT until that test cycle and decide what to do about TRT going forward after that? Is there really no difference as far as my production is concerned; as in I can't be any more shut down than already shut down, and length of time in such a state makes no difference in recovering?

I understand TRT should be for life and my natural levels are crap, but I'm not sold on this endocrinologist and don't know how long it will take to find a better one my insurance covers. My only real concern is if stopping in a few weeks and running a cycle in a few months makes any difference coming off that cycle than just staying on until that cycle and stopping after it. I also wouldn't be opposed to lifetime TRT if I had a god endo and was permitted to perform my own injections. I'm tired of daily sticky goop and my endo requires an office visit for every injection and a copay with each one. I'm also concerned about letting my test levels drop too far coming off this superdrol, even with PCT, while trying to heal an injury.

I know this is long and confusing but I really appreciate the help. Thank you all for putting up with this post!

BigThree

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Holy wall of text batman!

My first instinct is that if you can continue to get the scrip level of test, by all means bridge, continue using HCG at regular intervals (250iu 2x a week is a good idea) to maintain testicular sensitivity to LH and FSH, and then do your "blast" cycle. No need for the SERMs if you are just bridging.

OR

Do a full PCT (I'd say 6-8 weeks given how long you were suppressed), while stockpiling your "scrip" test :)D) then either get tested without going back on it, or start it back up after the PCT, who knows, maybe the PCT will bring you back to a more normal re-started state (I'm not saying its likely, but its not impossible).

You might also want to try and catch the attention of "The Matrix" in the Male Anti-aging forum and see if he'll take a look at this for you.

ManBeast

BigThreeForMe

Awards
Yeah, that may be my longest post in my life, but it's such a complex situation! See those are the exact two options I'm trying to decide between, just wondering if there's any real advantage to running that full PCT to stop TRT now or just waiting until after that next cycle and stopping all at once then. Again, will it be any harder to recover if I stay on the TRT until then? Or is shut down shut down and it'd be a waste of PCT?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
If you've been/will be using HCG throughout (250iu 2x a week) it *shouldn't* be any harder to attempt the restart later. Again, I'm not an expert, and this is all theorizing. But I know for sure you don't want to be on pct or your blast when you get your bloods done.

ManBeast

BigThreeForMe

Awards
Well I just got the HCG, haven't even mixed it yet, was going to start near end of superdrol, but if staying on yes I'd run it intermittently until and through that test cycle. Literally just thinking why stop the TRT before that cycle when I don't really have to. Do I want off sooner than later? Sure, but trying to figure out which is the lesser of two evils with regards to these specific two cycles, mainly the time between; the PCT and time off or the bridge still on.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I'd bridge it, it will help you keep your gains, and feel "good" with the proper level of test in your system. You are already ok with the possibility of being on TRT for the rest of your life (it seems) and bridging like this with proper HCG use shouldn't affect the chances one way or another IMHO, especially since you've already been on for a good amount of time.

ManBeast

BigThreeForMe

Awards
Thats about what I figured and why I was asking. Takes the guess work out of PCT, well I suppose really eliminates PCT! Any logic to running that aromasin when the superdrol stops even though still on Testim? I assume there will be a spike in estrogen when the SD cuts and with the HCG starting.

Just want to make sure I'm not making it any harder on myself if I want to stop TRT later.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
If you notice estrogen related sides start the AI and taper it down.

ManBeast

BigThreeForMe

Awards
So we're leaning toward just stay on TRT and get a better endocrinologist. As far as AI I only have aromasin, good to go there or should I get arimidex instead?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Aromasin should be fine, as it is also a suicide inhibitor. I'm not quite sure on the dosages it is used in for gyno/bloat control though.

ManBeast

BigThreeForMe

Awards
Well dosing I can research myself to make sure I have that dialed in, no worries there. If adex is in fact the better pick though I don't mind shelling out a couple extra bucks to do it right; whatever it takes to do this all the best way.

By the way, thank you very much for your help here, I really appreciate it.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
it seems like they do the same thing, and aromasin also seems to raise IGF levels as well in some anectodal studies... I'd say if you can find a good dosing protocall for it to use it instead for gyno/bloat control.

ManBeast

BigThreeForMe

Awards
Just so we're 100% clear this means keep running my TRT and superdrol and when the superdrol runs out just stay on TRT with no other changes with the exception of periodic HCG dosing to be started soon and possibly aromasin for any estrogen flare up.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Yep.

ManBeast